• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
IDK about you guys but this was by far my favorite newcomer trailer in Smash Bros 4 (not including DLC).

I laughed my arse off for the entire video seeing Reggie and Iwata fight and it was the trailer I was most pleased by. Probably more so the fact that I either didn't like or didn't care about a lot of the Smash 4 newcomers.

Also it's a shame that nobody gifed Reggie from 0:59-1:01. That's meme gold right there.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IDK about you guys but this was by far my favorite newcomer trailer in Smash Bros 4 (not including DLC).

I laughed my arse off for the entire video seeing Reggie and Iwata fight and it was the trailer I was most pleased by. Probably more so the fact that I either didn't like or didn't care about a lot of the Smash 4 newcomers.

Also it's a shame that nobody gifed Reggie from 0:59-1:01. That's meme gold right there.
I could imagine being more excited about the character in DLC, but the trailer's for the DLC characters are far less effort than the other newcomer trailers.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Funny you say that. If you go to Marvel.com today you can get a free month of Marvel Unlimited in celebration of Civil War. Basically it gives you access to their entire backlog, more or less, so long as it's at least six months old, with more things being added each week. :p

It requires a credit card to process it since it's a subscription, but you can literally cancel it right after getting the free month and still get the free month of access. Shameless plug, but I figured it'd be a good idea to mention it, since it's a special going on today.
That's actually pretty ****ing amazing. Happen to know if there's something like this for Archie's Mega Man comics?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I must be the only people that actually know there was a Wakfu series since aloooooooooong time ago.
Because it was a French series, that only got recently a English dub due to a kickstarter.
And if you ask me how this show is good, well, i can say that IT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
tumblr_n7vyodgNAi1r8x55lo1_500.gif

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST ANIMATE FRENCH SHOW I EVER SEEN!!!!!!!
But apparantly, the English dub suck.
So...Yeah.
Oh, and TTG /PPG crossover? Hey, let's beat the dead horse even further.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I must be the only people that actually know there was a Wakfu series since aloooooooooong time ago.
Because it was a French series, that only got recently a English dub due to a kickstarter.
And if you ask me how this show is good, well, i can say that IT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 105933
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST ANIMATE FRENCH SHOW I EVER SEEN!!!!!!!
But apparantly, the English dub suck.
So...Yeah.
Oh, and TTG /PPG crossover? Hey, let's beat the dead horse even further.
The fact that it's an English dub on Cartoon Network of all places is far from comforting all things considered.

BUT yeah, I haven't finished it yet but what I've seen of Wakfu is really good.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's actually pretty ****ing amazing. Happen to know if there's something like this for Archie's Mega Man comics?
Just looked it up; Archie does have an Unlimited equivalent (it's even called Archie Unlimited, funny enough), and the Mega Man comics are included, from the looks of it, but I'm not sure how often they give out free trials, if at all. Notably, it's actually two dollars cheaper per month than Marvel Unlimited if you choose to pay though. :p

If I ever hear of a free trial for them I'll let you know though!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The fact that it's an English dub on Cartoon Network of all places is far from comforting all things considered.

BUT yeah, I haven't finished it yet but what I've seen of Wakfu is really good.
Apparantly, it was on Netflix before. (And i suppose that, since it was so popular. They moved on Cartoon Network and putted every episode. Because the image we see in the link is from a episode of Season 2)
Also, i guess it's hard for a French company like Ankama to find good English voice acting. So, i won't blame then. (And frankly, hearing English voice in Wakfu will feel weird to me)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
-insert lenny face-

French-originated anime-styled MMO that like went over an entire rebirth in about 2013 for its design iirc.
I didn't know there was ever an animated series to accompany it.
Should I tell you it was on Netflix?

Because it was.

It might still be up there, although I'm not sure. I know they added the special to Netflix recently.

Also I thought it was pretty great, and I don't even think I realized it was an MMO until I visited it's TV Tropes page. Granted, my attention span eventually caught up to me and I skipped a ton of episodes, and I haven't gotten around to watching the special yet, but what I got myself to sit down for was pretty nice.

Apparantly, it was on Netflix before. (And i suppose that, since it was so popular. They moved on Cartoon Network and putted every episode. Because the image we see in the link is from a episode of Season 2)
Also, i guess it's hard for a French company like Ankama to find good English voice acting. So, i won't blame then. (And frankly, hearing English voice in Wakfu will feel weird to me)
. . .Nnnnnnno. I started typing this up, so even though you ninja'd me I'm still posting it.

Also nice to see you enjoyed it, Red.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Should I tell you it was on Netflix?

Because it was.

It might still be up there, although I'm not sure. I know they added the special to Netflix recently.

Also I thought it was pretty great, and I don't even think I realized it was an MMO until I visited it's TV Tropes page. Granted, my attention span eventually caught up to me and I skipped a ton of episodes, and I haven't gotten around to watching the special yet, but what I got myself to sit down for was pretty nice.

. . .Nnnnnnno. I started typing this up, so even though you ninja'd me I'm still posting it.

Also nice to see you enjoyed it, Red.
Heck yeah, this is one of my favourite French show.
Tough, i haven't see the OAV yet...Except the one with Nox. Which was freaking sad. (And special with the old japanese animation)
Edit: Oh, and the OAV on Ogrest too. I completely forget that one lol.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone happen to know which line of transformer toys is the best

I want to get some of the decepticons

Shockwave and Starscream mostly. They are my favorites

Maybe megatron and soundwave if they aren't too much money

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Uncharted 4's reviewing well.
And the fanboys that haven't played the game are raging at IGN giving an 8.8 because God forbid someone give a game a score just shy of a 9 when the real issue is that it's a review in progress.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Numbered reviews are pointless. What makes up a number is completely arbitrary.

Edit: The way I see it, if you give a score a 9/10, it should be in the top 10% of all games. Or, at least, the top 10% of all games in that genre

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I feel like the thing that sets off most people is the whole decimal thing. I mean, there's not really a need for it, you can just list a number and be done with it. It's too confusing to try to figure out that system (plus it's kind of unnecessary to even LOOK at reviews, as what REALLY matters is your opinion.)

D

Deleted member

I'm almost done with Fire Emblem Conquest. I just beat Chapters 25 and 26, and I only have Chapter 27 and the Endgame left.

Surprisingly, I wasn't a weeping mess with Ryoma's death (I was expecting that since I played Birthright first). Don't get me wrong, it was sad; I felt emotional inside, but I didn't have tears coming out of my eyes like I did with Elise and Xander's deaths in Birthright. I feel like I would've been crying if they extended the ending scene when Azura said, "Can I cry with you?" Perhaps hearing Azura cry would've made it more emotional for me; then again, I can understand why this scene didn't need to be extended.

If you suggest, "Well maybe it's because you knew about it in advance?", I'm one of those people who generally doesn't ind spoilers and ends up having the same emotional reactions regardless of whether or not I knew about it in advance. I knew Elise's death was coming, I saw a few pictures, and I still cried.

Going into Chapter 25, I grinded everyone until they were Level 15 and Corrin until he was Level 20. I thought to myself, "With my grinded-up Corrin, I'll take out Ryoma with only him by tanking with Dragonstone+ for several turns followed with a finishing Yato and it's all good." Boy was I wrong once I checked the damage Corrin would do and noticed how both were standing on healing tiles. Then I saw the Dragon Vein tile above. "Oh, I can just use someone with Locktouch to break through one of those upper doors and have someone use the tile so that Corrin can still do the job himself," I then thought. Few turns later, I was wrong again. Turns out to open one of those doors, you have to take out either Saizo or Kagero (I though beating them would only unlock the closest door to Ryoma while the other door could use Locktouch)."

After feeling bad for taking out Laslow and Peri in Birthright, I didn't want to take out Saizo or Kagero either, but with the circumstances, I had to. Since you only had to take out one to open the doors, I had to decide which one to take out. In the end, I chose Kagero. If Kaze died for not achieving an A-support with him after Chapter 15 in my Birthright play through, I would've killed Saizo in Conquest just to even things out, but since I did succeed with A-supporting Kaze in Birthright so that he didn't die, I had this idea of "I want the two brothers to be alive." I knew about Kagero's past with Saizo though, so of course, this decision still wasn't perfect. I still felt bad having to kill her.

I cleared the Dragon Vein tile and moved Corrin. When I saw Ryoma's critical and attack power boosted, I got even more nervous, so at that point, I ended up being a monster and used Xander to weaken Ryoma, then had Corrin finish him off just for the special dialogue.

After all that... man, I can now understand why many decided to go the "don't leave Corrin alone" route.

Cut into Chapter 26 - pretty duable overall. Had some tense moments, was a big challenge, but I made it in my first try. Looks like Iago is a confirmed cheater because he's a sorcerer that can use staves, and with a skill that gives him infinite usage of them, that just made things more annoying.

Trying to kill him was scary though. Those crit percents! I managed to set up an Attack Guard between myself and Leo to weaken him, then have Keaton finish him off.

I don't know which Iago demise was more satisfying though. In Birthright, Iago takes the whole "we were acting under Garon's orders" further by saying Garon manipulated his mind as an excuse. When Leo arrives, Leo finishes him off with his signature spell book. Here, Iago is finished with the generic "smash-in" effect from Leo.

Most emotional moment in the game so far if it wasn't Ryoma's death? IMO, Probably would have to be Sakura breaking down in tears watching Hans, Iago, and Garon kill innocent Hoshidan soldiers even though it was promised not to happen in the first place.
I knew about Ryoma's death beforehand too
Hell, I even knew he was going to kill himself based on the official trailers alone
But damn, that hit me by surprise
I didn't expect him to do it to protect Corrin and I feel like that scene was done greatly
Chapter 25 is one of the few Post-15 Conquest chapters that I think is done right actually, story-wise
Gameplay wise, it's the Ninja **** Cave 2.0v
I'm pretty sure it's near impossible to beat Ryoma alone without the right setup, I watched a playthrough where the guy had reclassed Corrin to Great Knight and used the Swordcatcher, but I had trouble on my two playthroughs

On Hard and above, you have to kill both Saizo and Kagero so there's no escaping killing him unless you grinded Corrin for this
Also, my complaints about gameplay only apply to Hard and Lunatic, it's your usual Ninja filled map in Normal but on Hard, the Ninjas on the very right that guard the tight corridor from the side rooms have SPY'S SHURIKENS and both Poison Strike and Grisly Wound, which means a 3 range non-counterable attack that'll drain 40% of your HP and debuff you no matter what
There's also a Master of Arms in the corridor so you can't just rush through it

26 can be hard or easy depending on which side you pick
The Faceless side os just asking to get yourself killed but there's a Spy's Shiriken in the left chest
The Sorcerer aide is easy when you have Kaxe and Niles who you can just throw at them with no problem but the Venge Naginata isn't that worth
The Berserkers and Generals are really scary though since they carry Beast Killers and Hammers, and since my tanking comes entirely out of Benny...

Speaking of Spy's Shuriken, do you know who becomes a joke when you get it? The guy who can't move and only has a 2 range tome
I still gave the kill to Charlotte because I just LOVE seeing her crit
And then she finishes Iago off with "You're nobody!"

Also, a little unrelated but can I just say how the two maps where Takumi is the boss are the best in the game?
Chapter 10 is just pure perfection and 23 invoked the feeling of charging a fortress I always wanted

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
In a perfect world all reviewers would drop the numbered scores.
But if it weren't for number scores, how would we know if a game had too much water in it or not? Or if game made you feel lonely? Or any other stupid bull**** reason IGN makes?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This is awesomely weird

The difference here is this Easter egg features actual gameplay from Crash 1 that is also playable. Something you probably need permission for.
Actually, the gameplay seems to be remade from scratch, considering the footage of Crash 1 gameplay in Uncharted has noticeable difference from the original version, like the difference in Crash's spinning animation between the two versions. Compare.

https://youtu.be/x0-WuBF9g5c?t=88
https://youtu.be/xK-h4M4Aetg?t=450

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But if it weren't for number scores, how would we know if a game had too much water in it or not? Or if game made you feel lonely? Or any other stupid bull**** reason IGN makes?
How will I know if a game has too much water?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh boy, Tokyo Mirage Sessions will definitely flop with the number of people dropping it because of censorship. Just the sight of Aversa's censorship and Tsubasa's posing scene being changed into a normal non-bikini photoshot caused Nintendaan's fans to mass dislike the videos.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oh boy, Tokyo Mirage Sessions will definitely flop with the number of people dropping it because of censorship. Just the sight of Aversa's censorship and Tsubasa's posing scene being changed into a normal non-bikini photoshot caused Nintendaan's fans to mass dislike the videos.
If this game gets decent sales, not only will it be hailarious, but it will be an FE Fates situation all over again lol :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If this game gets decent sales, not only will it be hailarious, but it will be an FE Fates situation all over again lol :p
That would be pretty funny, if the game didn't tank harder than the W101 and Xenoblade X in Japan (mostly because of upset SMT and Fire Emblem fans that wanted a real crossover).

But having some slightly better sales in the West would be a miracle. Then there was that rumor of Avex auditioning for a new game with TMS's songs. Maybe the merchandise and music sold well enough like Pikmin's case in Japan?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If any of you are subbed to ClementJ642 on YouTube, his account has been hacked again.

Please don't dislike the video the hackers uploaded. That hurts Clement's channel.

Chrono.

Just like people were planning to drop FE Fates. Rule number 1: don't believe anyone who says they won't buy something.

Also Nintendo is, apparently, not doing an E3 Direct.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That would be pretty funny, if the game didn't tank harder than the W101 and Xenoblade X in Japan (mostly because of upset SMT and Fire Emblem fans that wanted a real crossover).

But having some slightly better sales in the West would be a miracle. Then there was that rumor of Avex auditioning for a new game with TMS's songs. Maybe the merchandise and music sold well enough like Pikmin's case in Japan?
I heard Xenoblade X did pretty well there. It wasn't that FE and SMT fans were upset because it wasn't a crossover, it was because it was first announced as SMTXFE making people think it was one. Dumbest play Nintendo did in a while imo

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I heard Xenoblade X did pretty well there. It wasn't that FE and SMT fans were upset because it wasn't a crossover, it was because it was first announced as SMTXFE making people think it was one. Dumbest play Nintendo did in a while imo
This I can agree with. The game was meant to be something completely different during development and Nintendo forced Atlus to make a quick misleading trailer for hype building. And boy did it turn out unsuccessful after we got a glimpse of the real project on April Fools.

D

Deleted member

The sight of a FEXSMT crossover that looks nothing like both doesn't offend them
The sight of a FEXSMT crossover that plays nothing like both doesn't offend them
The sight of a FEXSMT crossover that is basically a JPop anime and is too weeb even for Japan doesn't offend them
The sight of changing something in the NA version IS UNNACCEPTABLE THIS GAME IS RUINED STOP THE TREEHOUSE

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Also, note how only the females agree with the change. Easily shows that my fellow women would have been triggered if they seen the original bikini scene.

"ZOMG! The developers are sexist pigs if they allow the villain to sexually exploit her body like that. I'm calling Nintendo to cut this scene because it's offensive to me as a women."

#Triggered

D

Deleted member

Fine, but what about people who don't give a damn on this game ?

#SpaceWorldNX

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So Nintendo said **** it, we're doing our own E3

With Blackjack
And Hookers
And Smash Tournaments

#SpaceWorldRessurection