• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
y'know I've been looking for Kid Icarus Uprising for a while now....I don't know why I didn't think of this before but instead of hoping to come across the game in store I could just buy it in the eshop...
I'd heavily recommend Uprising. It's easy to pick up, it's comedic, and it's quite the big adventure for a 40$ game. Like seriously, 21 chapters (i think) and each one lasts about an hour. I'd say it's definitely worth your time if you like a good old-fashioned Third Person Shooter Story-Based game.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'd heavily recommend Uprising. It's easy to pick up, it's comedic, and it's quite the big adventure for a 40$ game. Like seriously, 21 chapters (i think) and each one lasts about an hour. I'd say it's definitely worth your time if you like a good old-fashioned Third Person Shooter Story-Based game.
It's 25 chapters and some of the early ones last closer to 15 minutes, but yeah.

Imagine if it actually ended on Chapter 21. Kind of a downer ending considering the image the end of the chapter greets you with. XD

Also yeah @Only Human , get it get it get it get it GET IT. KI:U is awesome. :D

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Take me back in time.

To a time where I could smile.
What're you talking about
Your profile picture's already smilin'.

Jokes aside, I wish the Powerpuff Girls Reboot was better than it was now. I think my favorite animation error's probably the magical disappearing dog leash. I never got around to watching the actual show, tho... Maybe this weekend.

Chrono.

What're you talking about
Your profile picture's already smilin'.

Jokes aside, I wish the Powerpuff Girls Reboot was better than it was now. I think my favorite animation error's probably the magical disappearing dog leash. I never got around to watching the actual show, tho... Maybe this weekend.
Awful animation errors aside, the show is pretty much just a generic CN comedy show.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qBHfd2NtJs

Y'know I just had a thought when I was watching the PKMN Direct from this past February. Would it be technically possible to transfer PKMN throughout all Generations if GSC also gets released on the VC? Think about it. If GSC were released with the same PKMN Bank functionality RBY has it would be technically possible to transfer PKMN throughout all gens.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 VC -> Gen 7 (via PKMN Bank) -> Gen 6 (via trade) -> Gen 5 (via trade) >- Gen 4 (via trade) >- Gen 3 (via the DS/DS Lite's ability to use GBA cartridges)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
...So
Isn't there like some Pokenews that's theoretically dropping tomorrow?
Well there is the NYC Store thing as stated below, but we don't know what will happen at it. My guess is press release, then a direct the next few days, but we shall see.
I think that's something about a closed doors event at the NYC Nintendo store.

Maybe it's a Cinco de Mayo party.
I would laugh if it was a cinco de mayo party.
Wait what?

There's a TTG X PPG special. I don't even know...

Oh though, I'm perfectly ok with them beating the hell of the PPG reboot so that it gets cancelled lol.

The plot should be something...

Dinoman96

Smash Master
So with that fancy Wii U exploit leaked....anyone messing around with Smash mods? I downloaded this mod from that TS4M fellow that's a compilation of all the crazy stuff he's shown off in his videos (ie Ganondorf having witchtime). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICzw6reW4J8

Needless to say, it's glorious.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I only know what it is because of ...a video I've seen

Some elf chick and some green haired chick
-insert lenny face-

Don't ask me, I don't even have a clue on what Wakfu is.
French-originated anime-styled MMO that like went over an entire rebirth in about 2013 for its design iirc.
I didn't know there was ever an animated series to accompany it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm almost done with Fire Emblem Conquest. I just beat Chapters 25 and 26, and I only have Chapter 27 and the Endgame left.

Surprisingly, I wasn't a weeping mess with Ryoma's death (I was expecting that since I played Birthright first). Don't get me wrong, it was sad; I felt emotional inside, but I didn't have tears coming out of my eyes like I did with Elise and Xander's deaths in Birthright. I feel like I would've been crying if they extended the ending scene when Azura said, "Can I cry with you?" Perhaps hearing Azura cry would've made it more emotional for me; then again, I can understand why this scene didn't need to be extended.

If you suggest, "Well maybe it's because you knew about it in advance?", I'm one of those people who generally doesn't ind spoilers and ends up having the same emotional reactions regardless of whether or not I knew about it in advance. I knew Elise's death was coming, I saw a few pictures, and I still cried.

Going into Chapter 25, I grinded everyone until they were Level 15 and Corrin until he was Level 20. I thought to myself, "With my grinded-up Corrin, I'll take out Ryoma with only him by tanking with Dragonstone+ for several turns followed with a finishing Yato and it's all good." Boy was I wrong once I checked the damage Corrin would do and noticed how both were standing on healing tiles. Then I saw the Dragon Vein tile above. "Oh, I can just use someone with Locktouch to break through one of those upper doors and have someone use the tile so that Corrin can still do the job himself," I then thought. Few turns later, I was wrong again. Turns out to open one of those doors, you have to take out either Saizo or Kagero (I though beating them would only unlock the closest door to Ryoma while the other door could use Locktouch)."

After feeling bad for taking out Laslow and Peri in Birthright, I didn't want to take out Saizo or Kagero either, but with the circumstances, I had to. Since you only had to take out one to open the doors, I had to decide which one to take out. In the end, I chose Kagero. If Kaze died for not achieving an A-support with him after Chapter 15 in my Birthright play through, I would've killed Saizo in Conquest just to even things out, but since I did succeed with A-supporting Kaze in Birthright so that he didn't die, I had this idea of "I want the two brothers to be alive." I knew about Kagero's past with Saizo though, so of course, this decision still wasn't perfect. I still felt bad having to kill her.

I cleared the Dragon Vein tile and moved Corrin. When I saw Ryoma's critical and attack power boosted, I got even more nervous, so at that point, I ended up being a monster and used Xander to weaken Ryoma, then had Corrin finish him off just for the special dialogue.

After all that... man, I can now understand why many decided to go the "don't leave Corrin alone" route.

Cut into Chapter 26 - pretty duable overall. Had some tense moments, was a big challenge, but I made it in my first try. Looks like Iago is a confirmed cheater because he's a sorcerer that can use staves, and with a skill that gives him infinite usage of them, that just made things more annoying.

Trying to kill him was scary though. Those crit percents! I managed to set up an Attack Guard between myself and Leo to weaken him, then have Keaton finish him off.

I don't know which Iago demise was more satisfying though. In Birthright, Iago takes the whole "we were acting under Garon's orders" further by saying Garon manipulated his mind as an excuse. When Leo arrives, Leo finishes him off with his signature spell book. Here, Iago is finished with the generic "smash-in" effect from Leo.

Most emotional moment in the game so far if it wasn't Ryoma's death? IMO, Probably would have to be Sakura breaking down in tears watching Hans, Iago, and Garon kill innocent Hoshidan soldiers even though it was promised not to happen in the first place.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Just bought the Humble Nintendo bundle.

Now to figure out what to do with the games I already own.
I was thinking about getting that for Runbow... I'm very interested in it already, and I'm on the edge of buying it. When you play it, mind telling me how it is?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not really one to call out misogyny, but why do guys wear shirts with naked woman on them

#shirtgate

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
God is dead and we've killed him.

This is going to be cringe central just by the image alone.
Not even Dreamtime's Rainbow Serpent would touch that "thing" with a lightyear pole.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I'm not really one to call out misogyny, but why do guys wear shirts with naked woman on them

#shirtgate
Because a guy shoved it too hard up a body pillow and burrowed his way inside of it.
And that's how lewd T-Shirts were born. Just as embarrasing to own as a body pillow, but now portable.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
It depends from man to man. See, what if rather than moobs the person's actually extremely buff and their pecs get in the way of their activities? It's a double-edged sword. (plus a muscular guy would honestly look better with a bra than a fat guy)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Look up Pearl from the movie "Blade"

He has that problem

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...I... Why? Is Blade a Horror movie? Because I think I honestly threw up in my mouth a bit when I saw the results.
It's a comic book movie from Marvel

Blade met Spiderman in the 90's animated series even...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, I see.

Yeah, I don't know my Marvel comics too well, sorry.
Funny you say that. If you go to Marvel.com today you can get a free month of Marvel Unlimited in celebration of Civil War. Basically it gives you access to their entire backlog, more or less, so long as it's at least six months old, with more things being added each week. :p

It requires a credit card to process it since it's a subscription, but you can literally cancel it right after getting the free month and still get the free month of access. Shameless plug, but I figured it'd be a good idea to mention it, since it's a special going on today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom