• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm on the fence on buying the Humble Nintendo bundle...

- 6 games + a theme I don't own
- 4½ games I already own

If I do, I need to decide how to give away the game codes I don't need.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I logged onto imgur to get one of the photos of my amiibo collection, and apparently some dude posted a photo of their unmentionables and it made the front page somehow.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I bought Pokemon Black 2 and I'm gonna give updates on it but for now I can say that I want Sun and Moon to have the tutorials turned off and allow you to skip those automatic cutscenes
You a little late to the party. Just a little though
B2W2 are probably my favorite Pokemon games, gameplay wise
Also, be a real man and Nuzlocke it
No items. Notepad clause. No Pokemon Centers. Challenge Mode.
And silly you thinking GF will ever turn off tutorials

Burruni

Smash Hero
What's notepad clause?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm not too late to the party especially when XY sucks

Also help me name my :179:. I want to name it after a video game character but I don't know one that's based off a electric sheep

Also help me name my :179:. I want to name it after a video game character but I don't know one that's based off a electric sheep
Do robots dream of electric mareep?
Only thing I got and "sheep man" is pretty boring huh?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The idea of Sega and Nintendo having attractions at the same theme park is insane.

Not only would it show how the gaming industry has evolved, but also showcased how a rivalry has turned into a great friendship overall!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Best fanart.

Every time I see the Inklings or Octolings with their masks off, it feels kind of weird.

Isn't that pattern built into their skin, or is there some kind of evidence that it really is just a mask?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Every time I see the Inklings or Octolings with their masks off, it feels kind of weird.

Isn't that pattern built into their skin, or is there some kind of evidence that it really is just a mask?
It's just an internet thing to do that.
Of my knowledge, it's part of the face texture and not a seperate part.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The Scrappy ability would still be bad news, especially with Mega Lopunny hopping all over the place. Ghost/Dark learned that the hard way, even before the Fairy-type existed.
That reminds me back when I was in high school, my friend would hack his Pokemon Black 2 to get Pokemon with absurd abilities (Like Huge Power Slaking >_>). His favorite Pokemon of all time is Sableye, and since Fairy didn't exist, Sableye had no weakness. Cue the Wonder Guard Sableye. It worked for about a week, until I discovered the greatest thing since sliced bread: Scrappy Miltank. So my non-hacked team vs his hacked team went face to face.He decided to run his Sableye asap, which was a mistake. I had a Ninetales, so I went in with a Will-O-Wisp. His Sableyed killed it with Judgement, and I brought out Miltank. Brick Broke that Sableye into oblivion. Salt ensued. He quit for a week. Then he made the Huge Power Slaking. I already had a plan to counter this. He brought out Slaking first and wiped out 4 of my members before it fell. I had to bring out Miltank to save my trump card for the end. Miltank had a good run and knocked out 3 of his Pokemon, but to no avail. He brought out Sableye again. And like I said, I had a plan to counter it. Out comes the Galvantula. Thunder Wave, Gastro Acid, Electro Ball and Signal Beam set. Cue more salt and rage.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
That reminds me back when I was in high school, my friend would hack his Pokemon Black 2 to get Pokemon with absurd abilities (Like Huge Power Slaking >_>). His favorite Pokemon of all time is Sableye, and since Fairy didn't exist, Sableye had no weakness. Cue the Wonder Guard Sableye. It worked for about a week, until I discovered the greatest thing since sliced bread: Scrappy Miltank. So my non-hacked team vs his hacked team went face to face.He decided to run his Sableye asap, which was a mistake. I had a Ninetales, so I went in with a Will-O-Wisp. His Sableyed killed it with Judgement, and I brought out Miltank. Brick Broke that Sableye into oblivion. Salt ensued. He quit for a week. Then he made the Huge Power Slaking. I already had a plan to counter this. He brought out Slaking first, wiped out 4 of my members. I had to bring out Miltank to save my trump card for the end. Miltank had a good run and knocked out 3 of his Pokemon, but to no avail. He brought out Sableye again. And like I said, I had a plan to counter it. Out comes the Galvantula. Thunder Wave, Gastro Acid, Electro Ball and Signal Beam set. Cue more salt and rage.
Scrappy Milktank?
Scrappy Kangaskhan is where it's AT!
Namely because Wondertombs were far more common and low kick on... I wanna say Life orb if pure atk kanga would 1ko even a defensive wondertomb

D

Deleted member

What's notepad clause?
You can only catch a Pokemon if you have a slot in your party, no boxing, which means you can only have as much as 6 Pokemon alive at a time
Named after the user known as Notepad in the Nuzlocke forums

XY don't suck
They just severely lack postgame content and a challenge

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I always assumed it was their skin. I mean, the squid form has the mask...

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Scrappy Milktank?
Scrappy Kangaskhan is where it's AT!
Namely because Wondertombs were far more common and low kick on... I wanna say Life orb if pure atk kanga would 1ko even a defensive wondertomb
I have no idea why I chose Miltank, I just did. I had a Body Slam, Brick Break, Rock Slide and Milk Drink set on it. It was a good Miltank, but I think it got lost in one of my Pokemon Black 2 copies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's just an internet thing to do that.
Of my knowledge, it's part of the face texture and not a seperate part.
Well thinking on it now, either way they keep the pattern when they turn into squid despite not retaining clothes during that, and they seem to be outright born with it, so. . .

. . .Yeah, it's probably just an internet thing.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The was only on true "Pokémon" that was Dark/Ghost type with Wonder Guard:

Though it was only available via hacking (even though you also had to get around the error handlers to prevent it from turning into a Bad Egg) and only in BW2.

Burruni

Smash Hero
You can only catch a Pokemon if you have a slot in your party, no boxing, which means you can only have as much as 6 Pokemon alive at a time
Named after the user known as Notepad in the Nuzlocke forums

XY don't suck
They just severely lack postgame content and a challenge
Don't use EXP share and it can actually fight back.

The was only on true "Pokémon" that was Dark/Ghost type with Wonder Guard:

Though it was only available via hacking (even though you also had to get around the error handlers to prevent it from turning into a Bad Egg) and only in BW2.
My response to seeing that was just.

DEAR GOD
THEY KNOW
RED ALERT RED ALERT

D

Deleted member

Don't use EXP share and it can actually fight back.

My response to seeing that was just.

DEAR GOD
THEY KNOW
RED ALERT RED ALERT
I never used Exp. Share though
Only hard part is the 5th-6th section when I don't have any Fairy counters and only one freaking area to catch a Pokemon
If anyone dies... welp

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"
I heard sith find the celebration of "May the 4th" offensive...

This is a traditional Jedi holiday founded on Jedi values and I couldn't care less if they find it offensive! Maybe they should go back to Korriban!"

My may the 4th facebook message

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Everyone was talking about Crash redesigns and no one paid attention to how nonsensical Tiny the Tiger's current design is?

In a video game franchise where most of the villains are mutated Australian animals, they turn a thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger) into a literal tiger. I understand that it's a reboot, but what sense did that make?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
...So.
Isn't there like some Pokenews that's theoretically dropping tomorrow?
I think that's something about a closed doors event at the NYC Nintendo store.

Maybe it's a Cinco de Mayo party.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I honestly doubt the closed door event means anything. We're all going to be holding out hope for something to happen and it will probably turn out to be some housekeeping meeting or something.

D

Deleted member

Tiny's Titans design would have probably received a lot less backlash if they made him into his own original character. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason he wasn't in Mind Over Mutant (and his only subsequent appearance was in a mobile racing game where all the characters featured were restored to either their classic or TwinSanity designs) was because of said backlash.

In a video game franchise where most of the villains are mutated Australian animals, they turn a thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger) into a literal tiger. I understand that it's a reboot, but what sense did that make?
Apparently, the dev team at Radical Entertainment had little to no prior knowledge of Tiny when redesigning him.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Everyone was talking about Crash redesigns and no one paid attention to how nonsensical Tiny the Tiger's current design is?

Oh so we are on this subject again?

Where do I begin? I've always found the Crash Bandicoot games as an interesting take on the great outback with the best fauna as major characters. We have the bandicoots (even Crunch), Dingodile, Ripper Roo, and Tiny himself. Sure he's a bit more savage compared to the formerly alive species, but I knew he was a Tasmanian Tiger since day one. In fact, I actually found him one of Cortex's more unique henchman due to his unique design and badass take on an extinct marsupial.

Now the whole idea of making him a Bengal Tiger in the Activision games is where the line needed to be drawn. So you turn an existing character into a different species because people didn't know what a Tasmanisn Tiger was anymore or because he caused confusion in the past? This is where I would say bugger off and remind yourselves that the series was always based on the idea of Australian animals. That's like turning Mickey Mouse into a bloody marmoset. On top of that, you felt the need to make him a literal ***** cat just to give an already intimidating character more character. The real Tiny wouldn't even act like such a big coward instead of the scary bloke we grew up with. Crickey, I really needed to get that off my swollen chest.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Excuse the Off-Topic, but OVERWATCH BETA.
OVERWATCH BETA.
IT'S OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT

and i loved every minute of it

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
y'know I've been looking for Kid Icarus Uprising for a while now....I don't know why I didn't think of this before but instead of hoping to come across the game in store I could just buy it in the eshop...

Can't say the same about Metroid Prime Hunters though...

gonna have to wait till some other day because I don't have enough on my account to buy it right now...want to finish ALttP first though...(I'll play Xenoblade eventually....?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom