• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's not like i'm making fun of the situation or making fun of those effected by the tragedy. I just made a light-hearted joke that that event was tied in to the series somewhat. Really, no need to get upset about it. There's a lot more mean-spited jokes about 9/11 or other events on the internet which my joke was absolutely not.
>911, one of the most wellknown tragedies caused by terrorism
>lighthearted
Welcome to Annuga's Pizza! Special offer for only today! Free dictionary!
Imagine, 15 years ago. You lose your best friend or parents to 9 11. Would you be okay if people joked about it? Actually, you said you're part Arabic a few days back iirc. Would you like it if people went 'lol SMX's family did 9/11, Paris AND Brussel huehue'. Hell, I'm willing to admit, I made a 9 11 joke once, I got loads of turned faces, they didn't laugh. They asked if I was ********

D

Deleted member

>Playing Fates
>Before Awakening
>Trying to make the trio survive so I can get the brands
>Defeat all enemies in the map but the boss
>Frederick charges in
>Boss has counter
You dumb **** ruined my flawless play of the map
The past 4 times i've looked at the "members viewing thread" list there has been a different mod lurking. I wonder who will show up next!

I got the dragon egg from the Wyvern Nest. Gotta be like 90% done right :^)
That's the second stratum iirc
So, about ~40% done

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Rhythm Heaven really could use a character...

I need this. I like the idea of using the multiple characters as skins.
I'd honestly like it if they did something with Karate Man or the Luchador. As assist trophies, rather than characters, I mean. (I mean hey, if Sneaky Spirits can get into Smash Run, then why not have Karate Man as an assist trophy?)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaayybe we should change the subject...

Was this posted earlier? The upcoming LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens game not only include the movie in question, but also additional stories not from the movie with the film's original cast (yes, they got Harrison Ford):

I originally had zero plans to get this game but with these new added stories might change all that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So this is pretty interesting.

It's a little compilation of images showing off a screenshot of Sonic in every episode of Sonic X up to Episode 52 (except for one episode where Sonic wasn't in it, as it was focused on Knuckles). On each image, is the animator's name.

It only goes up to 52 because all episodes beyond that don't yet have animation credits (there is supposed to be a DVD re-release of the entire thing coming up soon though so hopefully it will have credits for those episodes).

Satoshi Hirayama is by far the best of the Sonic X animators. His images are perfectly on-model.

Ki Duk Park by far has the worst ones.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There is literally no way to justify a 9/11 joke. Ever.
>911, one of the most wellknown tragedies caused by terrorism
>lighthearted
Welcome to Annuga's Pizza! Special offer for only today! Free dictionary!
Imagine, 15 years ago. You lose your best friend or parents to 9 11. Would you be okay if people joked about it? Actually, you said you're part Arabic a few days back iirc. Would you like it if people went 'lol SMX's family did 9/11, Paris AND Brussel huehue'. Hell, I'm willing to admit, I made a 9 11 joke once, I got loads of turned faces, they didn't laugh. They asked if I was ********
Thing is I wouldn't try to get myself offended by it. There's a saying that it's only offensive if you let it be that way. Yeah as you mentioned Annuga i'm of Arabic descent and I wouldn't care less if someone made a racial joke about me being a terrorist or something. Heard plenty of **** like that and I never let it bothered me. People made fun of my birth mark and my name but I never tried to get offended by them. If someone made a light hearted joke about that then I would laugh with them. If it was a mean-spirited joke then I would just ignore them or not give a **** about what they said. Really, that's all there is to it. Even more so when I wasn't trying to be offensive.

Just drop it. This over-sensitivity is just flat out annoying. If you guys have to get worked up about **** like this then I don't even know what to say. I don't always agree with some right-wingers about how the world is overly politically correct but in some cases like this I have to agree with them.

Last edited:
That's the second stratum iirc
So, about ~40% done
That is 4 times further than I thought it was. :laugh:

Thing is I wouldn't try to get myself offended by it. There's a saying that it's only offensive if you let it be that way. Yeah as you mentioned Annuga i'm of Arabic descent and I wouldn't care less if someone made a racial joke about me being a terrorist or something. Heard plenty of **** like that and I never let it bothered me. People made fun of my birth mark and my name but I never tried to get offended by them. If someone made a light hearted joke about that then I would laugh with them. If it was a mean-spirited joke then I would just ignore them or not give a **** about what they said. Really, that's all there is to it.

Just drop it. This over-sensitivity is just flat out annoying. If you guys have to get worked up about **** like this then I don't even know what to say. I don't always agree with some right-wingers about how the world is overly politically correct but in some cases like this I have to agree with them.
9/11 jokes are not okay just like columbine jokes are not okay just like joking about any tragedy is not okay. You don't make jokes about terrible things that happened.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaayybe we should change the subject...

Was this posted earlier? The upcoming LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens game not only include the movie in question, but also additional stories not from the movie with the film's original cast (yes, they got Harrison Ford):

I originally had zero plans to get this game but with these new added stories might change all that.
I know there's a few other extras, namely a level based on the comic telling the story of how C3P0 got his snake rip-off red arm.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of LEGO Star Wars, awhile back I replayed "The Complete Saga" (Episodes I-VI)

Man, that game has aged BAAAADLLY both visually and gameplay-wise, especially when compared to newer LEGO games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That is 4 times further than I thought it was. :laugh:

9/11 jokes are not okay just like columbine jokes are not okay just like joking about any tragedy is not okay. You don't make jokes about terrible things that happened.
That is only taking into account the 5 main strats
Because there's still the post game content and all the sidequests
I think 30% is more accurate

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Speaking of LEGO Star Wars, awhile back I replayed "The Complete Saga" (Episodes I-VI)

Man, that game has aged BAAAADLLY both visually and gameplay-wise, especially when compared to newer LEGO games.
Just shows how far the series has come.
Hope they finish off the Clone Wars in the LEGO games and make one based on Rebels.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ki Duk Park
I'm imagining Super Saiyan duckies in a zoo
Thing is I wouldn't try to get myself offended by it. There's a saying that it's only offensive if you let it be that way. Yeah as you mentioned Annuga i'm of Arabic descent and I wouldn't care less if someone made a racial joke about me being a terrorist or something. Heard plenty of **** like that and I never let it bothered me. People made fun of my birth mark and my name but I never tried to get offended by them. If someone made a light hearted joke about that then I would laugh with them. If it was a mean-spirited joke then I would just ignore them or not give a **** about what they said. Really, that's all there is to it. Even more so when I wasn't trying to be offensive.

Want to know why I'm sensitive about it? More people suffered in those incidents than the people who died. All those victims had husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, kids, parents. ALL those people suffer. I've been through hell, beaten up at school for discrimination, losing my father at a young age, abusive to-be stepdad. Only thing that hasn't happened is ****. I've suffered all that and I don't want anyone to suffer anything like it. Not even my worst enemies. I had to live in fear for 6 months in hiding, and I can tell you, I'm still not over all that happened. One of my fingers is messed up due to abuse and only recently have I stopped shaking in fear when thinking of these things. I also can't drink alcohol and have a hard time working with it, as my dad died of suicide which I damn well know was caused by alcoholism. One of my biggest fears is that some day, I snap and end up killing someone. And you DARE tell me not to be so oversensitive?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Things like this make me start to realize why a lot of people are fed up with PC **** in the world especially when said joke had no mean-spirited implications to it.

You guys are so offended by this it makes me wonder how you react to mean spirited **** on YT or something that's filled with racist, hateful, homophobic **** almost everywhere. Do you call for their heads and want to see them excuted? Geez.
I'm imagining Super Saiyan duckies in a zoo

Want to know why I'm sensitive about it? More people suffered in those incidents than the people who died. All those victims had husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, kids, parents. ALL those people suffer. I've been through hell, beaten up at school for discrimination, losing my father at a young age, abusive to-be stepdad. Only thing that hasn't happened is ****. I've suffered all that and I don't want anyone to suffer anything like it. Not even my worst enemies. I had to live in fear for 6 months in hiding, and I can tell you, I'm still not over all that happened. One of my fingers is messed up due to abuse and only recently have I stopped shaking in fear when thinking of these things. I also can't drink alcohol and have a hard time working with it, as my dad died of suicide which I damn well know was caused by alcoholism. One of my biggest fears is that some day, I snap and end up killing someone. And you DARE tell me not to be so oversensitive?
The only difference here is that people you mentioned here aren't joking and are just ****ty people for what they did to you. Obviously based on the way your describing things they have mean-spirited, malicious intentions. Being offended by that is a lot different than being offended by a joke that had no mean-spirited implications to it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Sourcegaming has released its latest SG: Choice which is about which Snes games they want to see on the New 3DS Eshop. (hopefully im not late to mention this)

As for me, personally, i already have one choice.

So, to anybody else, i have a question, which Snes game do you want to see on the New 3Ds Eshop?

NO. NO NO!
NOT THE GEMATSU LEAK! NOT THE FLASHBACKS! NOT THE GEMATSU LEAK AGAIN!

PLEASE ANYTHING BUT THAT!
The only SNES game I want are

• Super Punch Out (which I think is probably coming)
  • Megaman X1-3
  • Megaman 7
  • Final Fight 1-3
  • Mario Paint
  • Super Castlevania 4
  • Conta 3
  • Super Ghouls and Ghosts
  • Street Fighter 2
  • TMNT 4: Turtles in Time
  • Super Bomberman
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Illusion of Gaia
  • Secret of Mana
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Zombie Ate My Neighbors
  • UN Squardron
  • Act Raiser

Pretty long list ain't it

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

This is waaaaaaaaay to accurate for words.

**** you Disney. :crying:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Heh, discussion of what series needs to be represented in Smash Bros turned in to all of this. Goodness gracious.

In regards to what SNES games need to be on the N3DS VC, peons like me don't even have the luxury of wanting because we stick with the primitive old 3DS's. A shame really.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Things like this make me start to realize why a lot of people are fed up with PC **** in the world especially when said joke had no mean-spirited implications to it.

You guys are so offended by this it makes me wonder how you react to mean spirited **** on YT or something that's filled with racist, hateful, homophobic **** almost everywhere. Do you call for their heads and want to see them excuted? Geez.

The only difference here is that people you mentioned here aren't joking and are just ****ty people for what they did to you. Obviously based on the way your describing things they have mean-spirited, malicious intentions. Being offended by that is a lot different than being offended by a joke that had no mean-spirited implications to it.
Dude, there's a reason we have a moment of silence on 9/11.
There's a reason we have a memorial over in New York for 9/11.
There's a reason everybody on that day remembers it so fondly.
People dying is never a funny joke.
I'm sorry for butting in, but 9/11 jokes are treated the same way racism jokes are.
They may be funny around certain crowds, but definitely not this one.
Don't take what I'm saying the wrong way, I enjoy a dark joke every once in a while, myself.
But even if people weren't there, they'd rather not think about how horrible the event was.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The only SNES game I want are

• Super Punch Out (which I think is probably coming)
  • Megaman X1-3
  • Megaman 7
  • Final Fight 1-3
  • Mario Paint
  • Super Castlevania 4
  • Conta 3
  • Super Ghouls and Ghosts
  • Street Fighter 2
  • TMNT 4: Turtles in Time
  • Super Bomberman
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Illusion of Gaia
  • Secret of Mana
  • Super Mario All-Stars
  • Zombie Ate My Neighbors
  • UN Squardron
  • Act Raiser

Pretty long list ain't it
Oh **** that's actually a pretty nice list of games

This is waaaaaaaaay to accurate for words.

**** you Disney. :crying:
DIDNEY WURL
I have no clue what the **** Wonder over Yonder even is, RIP the show regardless

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So.
Uhm.
Y'know the Crash easter egg in Uncharted 4?
Activision is nowhere to be seen in the credits.
Not really necessary for Easter Eggs.

Literally, look up any example of something having an Easter Egg of something else in it. They pretty much never have credits to the company that owns the referenced property in it.

The entire point of an Easter Egg is to be secretive about it.

Last edited:
So.
Uhm.
It begins

E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please

Literally, look up any example of something having an Easter Egg of something else in it.

E3 pleaseE3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So.
Uhm.
As someone who used to play Crash 3, and sucked at it, YES! PELVIC THRUST DANCE FOR ALL THE FANS!

Also, I just realized something about the 9 11 stuff. It's been past midnight and it's now 5th of May in the Netherlands. This day is known as 'getting-freed day' which sounds better in Dutch grammar. At 20:00, we hold 2 minutes silents for all the victims over WWII

Literally, look up any example of something having an Easter Egg of something else in it. They pretty much never have credits to the company that owns the referenced property in it.

They'd still need to credit Activision as they own the rights, otherwise they can sue Sony for using Activision stuff without crediting em

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So.
Uhm.
This definatly leads credence to the rumor of Sony re-owning the Crash series which would be great for the series future. The only downside is that Crash won't be multi-plat anymore and his chances of being in Smash Bros can go down the drain or at least be in a Banjo like situation.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

It begins

E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please

E3 pleaseE3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please E3 please
Doesn't Sony still own all the rights to the original 3 Crash and Spyro games.

I don't think Activision cares considering Sony advertise those games like crazy with almost no influence from Activision

I'm trying not to have my hopes killed again so I'm going at this logically

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
...And that's a wrap on Fusion!!

yes another Harmony of a Hunter remix...

Some of my thoughts on the game, so I guess this is a bit of a mini-review...spoiler'd in case people don't want to be spoiled...obviously...
Truth be told I didn't enjoy it as much as other Metroid titles, there was without a doubt a lot more linearity and plot bottlenecking that sort of made you more contained within the game's story, rather than allowing you to just progress and figure out what you needed to do...The Navigation Rooms were, annoying as, once again, you weren't given the opportunity to explore and figure out what you needed to do, but instead were given clear objectives fairly often within the game...

There were a few parts were I felt more isolated, such as shortly after the Nightmare fight I came to an underwater area in ARC, there where I was more 'lost' which in turn made it feel more like a Metroid game...There were several parts that were like this so it wasn't 100% focused on plot railroading...

As for the boss fights, there were some decent ones, Nightmare easily one of the best bosses simply based on the build up, Yakuza was pretty fun as well, and Serris was a nice little challenge...but for the most part they were pretty underwhelming, Ridley was about as easy as any Ridley boss fight was (only reason I died my first time was because I had such low health due to the Gold Space Pirates kicking my ass beforehand), and the SA-X/Omega Metroid final boss was disappointingly easy...I found there were too many boss fights in comparison to other Metroid games, and not enough in between each of the boss fights...sometimes I ended up fighting a boss literally 5 minutes after I just finished off another, which really makes the game much more fast paced in comparison to other Metroid games where there is usually some kind of build-up/preparation needed for each major boss...

My final time was just over 5 hours which goes to show just how short this game was, then again 2D metroid games aren't exactly that long as Super took me over 9 hours and Zero Mission took me just over 6...

My final completion rate was 53%, I know pretty lame, but this leads me into my next issue...I didn't really have a choice since much like in Other M doors shut behind you to force you to progress forward...Like I said earlier there was a lot of plot railroading and freedom to explore was more limited than it was in other metroid titles that I've played...a few times I needed to go into certain Sectors but I wanted to backtrack and explore other parts of the ship, but found my way blocked as the game wouldn't allow me to, and during the final end game push I wasn't even given the opportunity to go back to certain areas I previously visited to find other power-ups I missed...which is usually something video games allow you to do as a means of last minute preparation, or an opportunity to tie up loose ends you previously missed...

Don't get me wrong it still had it's fair share of exploration and the added difficulty (which was due to the fact that Samus takes a lot of damage from enemies, especially early on) was a nice change of pace from other Metroid games...What it did right with it's plot was an element of foreboding and a looming threat, whether it's the dreaded footsteps of the SA-X which will kick your ass if it catches you, or the foreshadowing of a future encounter being the mysterious silhouette of Nightmare in the background (the fact it literally destroyed the crap out of ARC just before the boss fight adds to this foreshadowing), as I just stated Samus takes a lot more damage from the enemies in this game,which lends to the fact that in general she's a lot more vulnerable than in previous Metroid titles...

Besides O**** M, it ranks the lowest out of all the Metroid games I've played but it is still a solid title overall...and I most likely will play it again at some point in the future...

My only question now is...where does the Metroid series go from here? Meaning when the hell are we going to get Metroid 5 dammit!?!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Doesn't Sony still own all the rights to the original 3 Crash and Spyro games.

I don't think Activision cares considering Sony advertise those games like crazy with almost no influence from Activision

I'm trying not to have my hopes killed again so I'm going at this logically
See.
I... don't know.
And thus I wanted to just say that Activision isn't present in the credits.
Namely to just kinda stick my toe in the water for the more informed to spill onto the scene.
However.

It might be our time

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As someone who used to play Crash 3, and sucked at it, YES! PELVIC THRUST DANCE FOR ALL THE FANS!

Also, I just realized something about the 9 11 stuff. It's been past midnight and it's now 5th of May in the Netherlands. This day is known as 'getting-freed day' which sounds better in Dutch grammar. At 20:00, we hold 2 minutes silents for all the victims over WWII

They'd still need to credit Activision as they own the rights, otherwise they can sue Sony for using Activision stuff without crediting em
No they don't.

As pointed out before, Sony own the original trilogy. Naughty Dog developed them under a contract for Sony.

But even if that wasn't the case, Easter Eggs NEVER require credits.

Example:

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Galaxy/credits

There is a blatant Pokémon reference in Super Mario Galaxy, yet the Pokémon Company is not credited at all.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
E3 is still looking to be hype even without the NX.

- Potential revival of Crash
- More gameplay footage of FF7R
- Zelda Wii U shown off
- New PS4/XBone
- Other suprises

6 weeks can't go by soon enough.

I'm pretty sure the crash thing is more than JUST an easter egg

I haven't looked into it too much because of spoilers but. . .
It is straight up playable. You PLAY Crash Bandicoot. Just a level, but still fully playable.
That sounds like something that would need to be credited to me.

EDIT confirmed below me

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
No, they never did. Sony only at least partially owns CTR as far as I'm aware.
Nope. They kinda do own both original trilogies.

Remember, Sony is the only one who can publish and release those games and Activison don't outright own them. It's like Fox with Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope. They own that whole movie despite Disney being the rights of the franchise.

There's a reason why we never saw Crash 1-3 on other systems despite not having a lot of PS references.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
No they don't.

As pointed out before, Sony own the original trilogy. Naughty Dog developed them under a contract for Sony.

But even if that wasn't the case, Easter Eggs NEVER require credits.

Example:

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Galaxy/credits

There is a blatant Pokémon reference in Super Mario Galaxy, yet the Pokémon Company is not credited at all.
The difference here is this Easter egg features actual gameplay from Crash 1 that is also playable. Something you probably need permission for.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The difference here is this Easter egg features actual gameplay from Crash 1 that is also playable. Something you probably need permission for.
And like has been pointed out, Sony still hold some rights over the original Crash games.

I mean it's only a short snippet of the game, it's not a big deal legally. The full game is purchasable exclusively on Sony's own digital distribution services as is.

Even if Activision did fully own them and saw this, they'd probably just think "hey, free advertising", since that's ultimately what Easter Eggs are to companies.

You could basically just look at it as a free trial of the game that might encourage people to buy it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
<Has only played Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant.

Still, I think the series could really use a revival after all this time.
I tried Titans.

It was good enough.

I mean it's really just a Nuts & Bolts situation with that game (the game itself is perfectly solid but everyone freaked out over it because it's not exactly the kind of game they wanted after the franchise had been kinda doing nothing big for a bit).

Nowhere near as amazing as the original games but still a respectable game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I tried Titans.

It was good enough.

I mean it's really just a Nuts & Bolts situation with that game (the game itself is perfectly solid but everyone freaked out over it because it's not exactly the kind of game they wanted after the franchise had been kinda doing nothing big for a bit).

Nowhere near as amazing as the original games but still a respectable game.
Backlash to that game didn't seem to be quite as nasty as it was to Nuts & Bolts to me, although I won't deny that the backlash was still definitely plentiful.

Out of all the gaming franchises I know of that got reboots at some point, I think the Legend of Spyro trilogy has gotten the best reception.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
<Has only played Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant.

Still, I think the series could really use a revival after all this time.
You played the worst Crash gamee out there. Whoever made those 2 Crash games killed the charm and edge that the Crash series had and replaced it with some childish crap along with those damn ugly redesigns.

Here's hoping the reboot should it ever happens stays true to the previous Crash games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom