• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I have no clue who the **** could work. Thought my running gag was Ceaser saying stuff that include the word 'mother' to Jojo. like "Jojo you mother ******, Jojo, you kiss your mother with that mouth?" if he smacktalks Lisa Lisa

And holy ****, the pokemon anime. Ash made a champion visibly sweat in a 1v1. I should watch the XY stuff
You should spoiler that joke. I'm looking forward to your project.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
She's not using her powers in Mario Kart so she's heavy weight.

Mario Kart doesn't really base it on size. People only say that because of King Boo, but he's like one instance.

Peach is way bigger than Mario yet has been classed as a lightweight many times. Same with Daisy.
It's not based on height but weight.

Peach is taller than Mario but are you gonna say she weights more than Mario?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I guess there's a positive reason to be single
I'm sure my love will get used to it. Not all relationships are 100% positive if our parents are good examples. :laugh:

Besides, I find his moobs absolutely adorable. Though I can admit that he needs to spend more time with the weights and running.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm sure my love will get used to it. Not all relationships are 100% positive if our parents are good examples. :laugh:

Besides, I find his moobs absolutely adorable. Though I can admit that he needs to spend more time with the weights and running.
You must be getting a real kick out of embrassing me aren't you.

If only a Pepe/Sad Frog emoticon exist.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I do to a degree.
How do you even fit Mario canon together though? Seems all jumbled up and stuff though I do remember reading this one theory that put together all the Mario games and the spinoffs together which I found to be pretty impressive.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not based on height but weight.

Peach is taller than Mario but are you gonna say she weights more than Mario?
Exactly, that's my point.

People say Rosalina can't actually be heavy and that she's only heavyweight because she's tall. Usually citing King Boo as "evidence" (being a ghost, he logically shouldn't weigh anything).

However, King Boo is an isolated case. Like you pointed out yourself, Peach is way taller than Mario, but is skinny and petite while Mario is chubby, so obviously she's lighter.

However, Rosalina is thicker, and has muscle. Plus, she isn't just "kinda tall" or something, she's literally a mini-giantess. She'd easily be heavier than even Wario, going by actual logic.

How do you even fit Mario canon together though? Seems all jumbled up and stuff though I do remember reading this one theory that put together all the Mario games and the spinoffs together which I found to be pretty impressive.
It's more from a "understanding the characters" standpoint that I care about Mario canon. Specifically with Rosalina, because she's misinterpreted to an obnoxious degree.

But as far as time line goes, some games easily link up. As in, it's staring you right in the face.

For example, Super Mario Bros, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Sunshine, all happen in that order. In Sunshine, FLUDD displays video footage of the former three games, based on data it has on Mario. Luigi's Mansion is canon too since FLUDD was made by Professor E.Gadd, who debuted in Luigi's Mansion. The Galaxy games definitely take place after Sunshine, because Pianta's exist in Galaxy 2. Most people believe Galaxy 2 is a "reboot" of Galaxy 1, but it's actually a direct sequel, as Galaxy 1's secret ending naturally sets up for Galaxy 2, and Rosalina remembers Mario, and references the events of Galaxy 1 in Galaxy 2's ending.

Also, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a blatant prequel to 3D World.

I could go on but that's the gist of the most important games.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
No Digital Event at E3? Welp, looks like I'm not making a E3 BINGO sheet this year.

I hate to say this but I'm starting to worry for Nintendo.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
YO. ASH KICKED THE **** OUT OF DIANTHA'S BEST MON. GAME FREAK GIVE ME THAT MEGA GRENINJA **** NOW
Could this be the season we've waited for?
If Ash wins the Kalos League I'll rock a Zack Snyder avatar for a week.
They'll pull a Tobias won't they?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If only a Pepe/Sad Frog emoticon exist.
I actually wouldn't mind that at all. Just as long as it isn't the Rarest Pepe (Those things are cringe central).

Reminds me of how the painting our classmate did remind us of that depressed frog.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Could this be the season we've waited for?
If Ash wins the Kalos League I'll rock a Zack Snyder avatar for a week.
They'll pull a Tobias won't they?
Leagues don't work that way in the Anime. The Champions aren't part of the normal League battles.

All League battles are just regular trainers and that's it. Official leagues, anyway. Only exception was the Orange League, but it doesn't have a large tourney for others at the end.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No Digital Event at E3? Welp, looks like I'm not making a E3 BINGO sheet this year.

I hate to say this but I'm starting to worry for Nintendo.
I was worried when they started leaking NX info only 3 years into the WiiU's life.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
I'm reading through a few these posts from when I was gone and when I was done I thought about this

giphy (1).gif

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Leagues don't work that way in the Anime. The Champions aren't part of the normal League battles.

All League battles are just regular trainers and that's it. Official leagues, anyway. Only exception was the Orange League, but it doesn't have a large tourney for others at the end.
I'm more so talking about how Greninja held it's own against Diantha's Gardevoir and how Ash actually seems to have improved to the point where he should win the League when that comes around.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm more so talking about how Greninja held it's own against Diantha's Gardevoir and how Ash actually seems to have improved to the point where he should win the League when that comes around.
Ah.

It won't happen, though. How else can they keep Ash in the other leagues? XD

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Welp, lemme save someone the trouble then.

:079:

There we go.

I can't even picture what a Figure-Lego Sonic would look like. Not gonna lie though, Green Hill would look sick lego-built.

If it's Boom Sonic though, I really can't put much more faith in Sega with the main line games anymore, because clearly their priorities are wonky.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yep, and debated about whether it'd be Modern Sonic or BOOM Sonic.
Why not both? They're actually unique in abilities. Plus, there's a lot you can do with Lego Sonic just due to his various games. You can fully give him his Knight armor from Black Knight, there's tons of costumes he has throughout tons of games in general. You could reference his outfits from AOSTH...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Everyone is debating if it would be Modern or Boom Sonic, and I'm just here like:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's Sega's call ultimately. Depends on whether their pushing Sonic's anniversary or Season 2 of Boom.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

There we go.

I can't even picture what a Figure-Lego Sonic would look like. Not gonna lie though, Green Hill would look sick lego-built.
They would probably have a specifically sculpted head for Sonic and put it on a minifigure.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If there is indeed a LEGO Dimension Sonic happening, do you think we'll see a LEGO Dimensions X amiibo for :4sonic: like they did with :4bowser: & :4dk: in Skylanders?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's Sega's call ultimately. Depends on whether their pushing Sonic's anniversary or Season 2 of Boom.
I'm more saying that it's what will likely happen.

Not only does Classic Sonic stuff make most sense stylistically, because of the more pixel based art-style, but all of SEGA's marketing for the 25th Anniversary has been Classic Sonic themed 95% of the time so far. Classic Sonic is just undoubtedly the most well received iteration of Sonic too.

I don't think it speaks for the 25th Anniversary game, that'll be it's own thing. But as far as marketing stuff like this goes, it's more than likely gonna be Classic Sonic. I'm surprised people didn't think of it.

There we go.

If it's Boom Sonic though, I really can't put much more faith in Sega with the main line games anymore, because clearly their priorities are wonky.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
I'm more saying that it's what will likely happen.

Not only does Classic Sonic stuff make most sense stylistically, because of the more pixel based art-style, but all of SEGA's marketing for the 25th Anniversary has been Classic Sonic themed 95% of the time so far. Classic Sonic is just undoubtedly the most well received iteration of Sonic too.

I don't think it speaks for the 25th Anniversary game, that'll be it's own thing. But as far as marketing stuff like this goes, it's more than likely gonna be Classic Sonic. I'm surprised people didn't think of it.

His head looks creepy on a Lego figure

I'm assuming somebody may have took apart the head from a Super Sonic toy, took the Lego figure's head off, and then glued the Sonic head

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If there is indeed a LEGO Dimension Sonic happening, do you think we'll see a LEGO Dimensions X amiibo for :4sonic: like they did with :4bowser: & :4dk: in Skylanders?
This actually needs to be a thing with the other toys to life games.
Like a Mario Disney Infinity figure/amiibo that works only on Wii U. That would be great.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Guess I finally got the Smash 4 Wii U mods up and running now (Well the sound files at least) I'll look up some further tutorials on how to get some of the other things set up and ready and then I'll probably start contributing with my own stuff for the Smash Wii U modding community.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm starting to wonder if we're going to get anything else (significant) for The Legend of Zelda's 30th anniversary this year.

After all, Zelda XIX isn't coming out this year.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I love this picture
The main problem that I've had with Rosalina's weight dilemma is that despite her tall height, she's actually a thin person; Rosalina would have more in common with Waluigi than she does with Wario, Donkey Kong, and Bowser.

As a result, when it comes to Mario Kart, I often think that Rosalina and Waluigi should have their own weight class, instead of being in the same weight class as Donkey Kong; Rosalina and Waluigi would have less weight to increase their acceleration and traction stats.

Guess I finally got the Smash 4 Wii U mods up and running now (Well the sound files at least) I'll look up some further tutorials on how to get some of the other things set up and ready and then I'll probably start contributing with my own stuff for the Smash Wii U modding community.
The only kind of hacking that I've done in Smash 3DS is equipment hacking; I basically modified my equipment supply.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I'm starting to wonder if we're going to get anything else (significant) for The Legend of Zelda's 30th anniversary this year.

I think the TP reboot's all their doing for the 30th anniversary. I hear that the Zelda concert's on tour again, too.

Other than that, I have no idea.

I mean, they ARE mainly gonna be focusing on Zelda U at E3, so that's something.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I joked about Nintendo using their Disney game as their launch title but it looks like it's slowly becoming a reality now lol.

Holiday lineup this year is probably going to be Sun & Moon, Color Splash, and whatever N-Stars is at this juncture. I suppose that's somewhat passable for a holiday season lineup and that your building up to a huge NX launch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
YO. ASH KICKED THE **** OUT OF DIANTHA'S BEST MON. GAME FREAK GIVE ME THAT MEGA GRENINJA **** NOW
This is somewhat true.

He lost in the end, but he still messed up gardevoir pretty good. His only reasoning for losing was that he and greninja couldn't endure the form for any longer. Which is what Ash has been working on. So by the league this may be perfected. I also wonder what she told them of zygarde.

And Ash should win the league, but he probably won't. I think he will make it to top 2 though.

But honestly Ash could win the league and the show still continue. Ash could just lose the champion league they hold, and then move onto the region of sun and moon to train more.

It really wouldn't mean the anime would end like the writters seem to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom