• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am officially a naughty boy.
View attachment 105976

ChikoLad ChikoLad If you still have that Cosmic Rosalina you made, and you would still be interested in making an English Cloud mod, I'd love you forever. :V
I never finished the Cosmic Spirit mod because it was unclear for a while how to make edited models work in the game itself and I had no way of testing.

I have been looking into the Wii U hacking though. I can't do it right now as I am in my dad's house and don't have my Wii U with me. I am also quite busy lately, both in terms of IRL stuff and in terms of other game design related projects, so I'm not sure Cosmic Spirit will be a thing any time soon.

English VA Cloud should be pretty easy to do though. I'll look into that soon.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I never finished the Cosmic Spirit mod because it was unclear for a while how to make edited models work in the game itself and I had no way of testing.

I have been looking into the Wii U hacking though. I can't do it right now as I am in my dad's house and don't have my Wii U with me. I am also quite busy lately, both in terms of IRL stuff and in terms of other game design related projects, so I'm not sure Cosmic Spirit will be a thing any time soon.

English VA Cloud should be pretty easy to do though. I'll look into that soon.
That's too bad. But thanks for looking into Cloud. Surprised it hasn't been done yet.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's too bad. But thanks for looking into Cloud. Surprised it hasn't been done yet.
I mean I'll probably still do Cosmic Spirit as best as I can. I just need to get whatever tool is required, as I believe you need a specific program. Once I get that it should be fine. I'm just juggling a lot right now.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Beep Booooooooooooooooooooooooop!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

In 10 minutes, we met you, loved you, see you grow as a better person and then die.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Pretty sure most of you guys forgot or just lost care about this
But I thought this was a pretty good video that describes the importance of poses and the messages they send and give better insight on the "Tracer butt" controversy (which only blew up because people just want to see T&A unabated (^: )

Last edited:

Chrono.

Is voice modding in Smash 4 too complicated atm?

I wanna look into adding an Eng VA to Roy (maybe Marth too).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Beep Booooooooooooooooooooooooop!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

In 10 minutes, we met you, loved you, see you grow as a better person and then die.
This is also another great episode. Really sad to. I liked how:

It showcases how the show's main theme is that all evil has good within. Even the mindless robots were able to be changed through wonder's actions in the end. It was sad but really well done imo. If you keep watching, I think you'll really enjoy the episode The party poopers. It's a pretty neat episode, a it's potty humor based, but with good justification, and has a pretty good lesson in the end.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm willing to bet that Prime 4 will be revealed in the NX Direct later this year. Not necessarily an NX launch title but at least a year or 2 after the NX's launch.
I do hope you're right but I'm not optimistic about us getting a metroid title for NX's launch...Last year after FF's announcement at e3, I think Tanabe stated something like 'If we were to start a Prime 4 now it wouldn't be ready until after the NX has been released'...which has me believe they didn't even start since last year...and I have reason to believe they still didn't even start since they are likely still working on FF due to it being delayed til August this year...

and I don't think we'll get any announcements for any games that aren't coming to the NX at launch...though they could make an exception for Metroid due to fan demand, but it's not always the best route announcing a game too early, like what happened with KH3 for example...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For a refresher, Nintendo had two closed doors events at E3 2014.

One revealed Pac-Man for Smash, the other unveiled Codename STEAM.

I don't know if this is the same kind of thing, but it might be the holy grail we need to save us from Zelda fever. Hopefully.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Did you guys already talk about this?

View attachment 105979

Is it just an error or what?
More than Zelda?
We have, and in all honestly, I think we will learn of everything from it, in some sort of presentation, as I doubt its just Zelda at E3. I think they have some smaller presentation, which will be a summary of what investors got told, earlier on, or they might live stream it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This actually needs to be a thing with the other toys to life games.
Like a Mario Disney Infinity figure/amiibo that works only on Wii U. That would be great.
IIRC, Mario (and possibly Link as well) in Disney Infinity was under consideration as a cross-promotion for Nintendo, but it was decided against due to not wanting to make version-exclusive figures (especially after the reaction to the Tron figures originally being PC exclusive in 2.0) and wanting to keep a Disney focus.

So yeah, it may have actually happened in an alternate universe.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IIRC, Mario (and possibly Link as well) in Disney Infinity was under consideration as a cross-promotion for Nintendo, but it was decided against due to not wanting to make version-exclusive figures (especially after the reaction to the Tron figures originally being PC exclusive in 2.0) and wanting to keep a Disney focus.

Completely unrelated to your post, but I'm listening to You Will Know Our Names from Xenoblade Chronicles, and it fits perfectly with your sig. :p

D

Deleted member

Remember when they announced Pac-Man at closed doors?

Remember when Nintendo later announced Pac-Man with a tweet?. No joke.

I also remember something similar happening with Codename Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

I'm all for cross-over toys-to-life figures, but I don't necessarily like Donkey Kong and Bowser being in Skylanders. They look off in that game, to me, and it feels like Activision just did it as a promotional thing, rather than it actually being a neat synergy between two companies. If they ever do that in DI, I hope they just do it better than Skylanders did, honestly.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I take it the PPG reboot will be banned in Mexico?

Seriously, how is this even a thing?
Wow, that went a bit too far, I mean, I know that memes are annoying at times, but, to the point of wanting to "outlaw" them is just ridiculous.

And we have got far more stupid stuff on T.V. here in México than a show filled with memes I believe, like the "Telenovelas" ot "T.V. novels" or something like that.

Glad that I don't watch T.V. or pay that much mind to memes even if they were overused in the PPG and other series.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Remember when they announced Pac-Man at closed doors?

Remember when Nintendo later announced Pac-Man with a tweet?. No joke.

I also remember something similar happening with Codename Steam.
Yes. S.T.E.A.M. was announced at a closed doors event focus on a mystery 3ds title. Which everyone was angry because it wasn't MM3d. I could see this press conference working the same way.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I doubt anyone would be mad at exclusive guest figures as long as each version gets a guest (Mario for Wii U, Sackboy PlayStation), as opposed to Tron, which really shouldn't be exclusive for anything.
Still, keeping a Disney focus is completely understandable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, Didn't Nintendo mentioned that there was going to be a Nintendo World Championship 2016?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I doubt anyone would be mad at exclusive guest figures as long as each version gets a guest (Mario for Wii U, Sackboy PlayStation), as opposed to Tron, which really shouldn't be exclusive for anything.
Still, keeping a Disney focus is completely understandable.
Oh believe me, as someone who's been in the fandom for quite a while, even if they went that route, the DI fanbase would be up in arms. :p For a variety of reasons, really, but I doubt many people would be interested in me going into the details. :laugh:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
That episode was just great :awesome songs, Hater develop and can now move on to find a girl that he deserve (and be a good guy?), Dominator is back with the power of sonic boom fire and ice and more Peepers and Sylvia, the most efficient team ever (aside from that one miscalculation)

Hater is truly the greatest : fought equal to equal with Dominater (before ice, but still) and is the only other villain free.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think I heard of such.

Might as well do it if they don't have much else for E3.
I hope so.

I really don't mind if they skip out on E3 until they figure out what they want to do with it after the reception for all their non-Smash stuff has gone so badly for so long, but I hope they continue with the Championships if only so they can keep them active until they have more of an idea of what they really want to set up.

. . .

*looks up*

That said, from what I looked up they don't seem to have ever actually confirmed or denied it coming back, so there's no guarantee that it's coming back again or if it will be at E3 if it does.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That episode was just great :awesome songs, Hater develop and can now move on to find a girl that he deserve (and be a good guy?), Dominator is back with the power of sonic boom fire and ice and more Peepers and Sylvia, the most efficient team ever (aside from that one miscalculation)

Hater is truly the greatest : fought equal to equal with Dominater (before ice, but still) and is the only other villain free.
Another great episode! Honestly the whole show is really good, but as you stated, there are many great developments for this, and set up for a pretty nice finale to the story.

Now Side Note:

I have been learning advance map, to make a pokemon fan game. Learning the basics, and today I mapped the 1st town out:
Screenshot (104).png

Thoughts? I wanted something different, so it will start in a rocky alley area. As for the exist? Well I plan to add in a cave, but this is the basic layout. I'll need to touch up the grass around the houses, but I think it's nice otherwise.

The lab is also smaller for reasons that would be explained within the game. Might make it normal size though.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Another great episode! Honestly the whole show is really good, but as you stated, there are many great developments for this, and set up for a pretty nice finale to the story.

Now Side Note:

I have been learning advance map, to make a pokemon fan game. Learning the basics, and today I mapped the 1st town out:

Thoughts? I wanted something different, so it will start in a rocky alley area. As for the exist? Well I plan to add in a cave, but this is the basic layout. I'll need to touch up the grass around the houses, but I think it's nice otherwise.

The lab is also smaller for reasons that would be explained within the game. Might make it normal size though.
unless your making the fire starter start with a fighting type having the first route be a cave is kinda BS

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Civil War was really good and really funny.

Happy to see Spidey represented well on screen.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Now Side Note:

I wouldn't add the cave at the very beginning, your area is fine, but maybe add two or three routes and a town before the cave. I played one like that where it started in a rocky area and then went straight to a cave and I hated it. Granted, the cave was super long and there was nowhere where I could heal, so it could have just been poor design on the creators part.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Now Side Note:

I wouldn't put the two houses so close to the walls or the ledges tbh...

instead of having just a cave how about two alternate paths one is a normal grass route and the other being the cave, the player has a choice to go either way, perhaps you could have an NPC tell you "Don't go into the cave it's too dangerous!" and the player could go anyway if they wanted to...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wait, Didn't Nintendo mentioned that there was going to be a Nintendo World Championship 2016?
When was that said?
I do hope you're right but I'm not optimistic about us getting a metroid title for NX's launch...Last year after FF's announcement at e3, I think Tanabe stated something like 'If we were to start a Prime 4 now it wouldn't be ready until after the NX has been released'...which has me believe they didn't even start since last year...and I have reason to believe they still didn't even start since they are likely still working on FF due to it being delayed til August this year...

and I don't think we'll get any announcements for any games that aren't coming to the NX at launch...though they could make an exception for Metroid due to fan demand, but it's not always the best route announcing a game too early, like what happened with KH3 for example...
Not really much of a Metroid fan but I figured they would want to include a teaser for Prime 4 to increase hype for the NX. Doesn't have to be gameplay and could very well be just a verbal confirmation of the games existence but I just have a feeling it would be apart of the games to be announced at the NX event later this year which I assume will be like Sony's event for the PS4 over 3 years ago.

Methinks a lot of Wii U games that were intended for launch on that system were moved over to the NX to have a killer library on day 1. Not Metroid but a bunch of other games.
Another important thing to note....

F-Zero only needs to be brought out of dormancy...give us a good solid racing title (possibly for 2020 which is f-zero's 30th)...and you have happy fans...

Metroid needs more than just a new title to be released, it needs an opportunity to redeem itself...I want to be optimistic when it comes to FF...but this is the main reason why a lot of fans are pissed off by this game's announcement...this isn't what the franchise needs right now and it doesn't help that the face of the series isn't even playable in the game...
You say this while fans of Golden Sun and Advance Wars are just flat out desperate for a new entry in their series lol. F-Zero at least had a mention from Miyamoto where he said the series isn't dead though I guess that doesn't mean much given the last F-Zero was in 2004. AW and GS had their latest releases in 2008 and 2010 respectively.
Don't know if this was posted, but here's some more evidence that Crash might be coming back:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1215369

Cortex's VA mentions resurrecting some characters, including a doctor.
The plot thickens...

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Not really much of a Metroid fan but I figured they would want to include a teaser for Prime 4 to increase hype for the NX. Doesn't have to be gameplay and could very well be just a verbal confirmation of the games existence but I just have a feeling it would be apart of the games to be announced at the NX event later this year which I assume will be like Sony's event for the PS4 over 3 years ago.

Methinks a lot of Wii U games that were intended for launch on that system were moved over to the NX to have a killer library on day 1. Not Metroid but a bunch of other games.
Pretty sure Pikmin 4 is amoung one of those titles...and whatever Retro's working on...and 3D Mario...etc...

Either way, it'll be nice if we get some confirmation of a main series title made for Metroid to come...I just don't think they will unless a Metroid title will be ready for launch...
You say this while fans of Golden Sun and Advance Wars are just flat out desperate for a new entry in their series lol. F-Zero at least had a mention from Miyamoto where he said the series isn't dead though I guess that doesn't mean much given the last F-Zero was in 2004. AW and GS had their latest releases in 2008 and 2010 respectively.
For what it's worth Golden Sun might have a promising future given the possibility of Isaac doing fairly well in the Smash Ballot...if Nintendo actually takes this as an indication that fans want more Golden Sun...Andy likely didn't do nearly as well, and with IS focusing on Fire Emblem now it's hard to say what Advance Wars' future is like...

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Pretty sure Pikmin 4 is amoung one of those titles...and whatever Retro's working on...and 3D Mario...etc...

Either way, it'll be nice if we get some confirmation of a main series title made for Metroid to come...I just don't think they will unless a Metroid title will be ready for launch...
Yeah, Pikmin which I think might have been announced before as well as a bunch of others. If I had to predict...

- 3D Mario Game
- Zelda NX port
- Smash NX port (new characters plz)
- Pikmin 4
- FF15 port

Down the line you'll have Metroid Prime 4, Retro's new project, and others but I think those are the title that are going to be at launch or at least within the same month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom