• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That....actually kinda makes sense for an Opossum pokemon...

playing dead, but it actually does become slightly dead...but not really...it's kind of ingenious....
It's seriously my biggest hope for a new Pokemon, and has been since pre-Gen IV. Some day, some day...
But really, considering Normal/Ghost is one of the relatively-few type combinations left undone, an opossum Pokemon makes perfect sense for the reasons you stated. One day Opossoul's gonna be a thing, mark my words. :p

D

Deleted member

We really need a Ghost/Normal Pokemon so you can't just slap a Fighting move in a Ghost Pokemon or vice-versa and call it a day

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
YOU SON OF A ***** YOU DIDN'T SAVE THEM ON ZEBES?
I'M SORRY....T_T

I got a little held back on Tourian and I had like 4 seconds to spare when I managed to get back to the ship...it was my first time completing the game...

I'll do better next time I swear :scared:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We really need a Ghost/Normal Pokemon so you can't just slap a Fighting move in a Ghost Pokemon or vice-versa and call it a day
The Scrappy ability would still be bad news, especially with Mega Lopunny hopping all over the place. Ghost/Dark learned that the hard way, even before the Fairy-type existed.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Normal-Ghost

Just like the hypothetical Opossum Pokemon I wish existed. :D
A normal-ghost opossum is brilliant actually. Its better than the normal-ghost I came up with in the pokemon creation forum game:
A rather non descript beige humanoid, somewhat resembling a stuffed animal. The standout feature is a blue ethereal form trailing above it, which looks similar but has more detailed faeatures such as ridges and fingers. Has an ability similar to mega kangaskhan's parental bond, except that the second attack becomes special if the regular attack is normal, or vice versa. This, and it's typing, is compensated by below average stats.

The next prompt is...
Rock and Flying.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
LOL Got to love how some trolls are so persistent that they follow you everywhere on YouTube.

Good thing the block function exists for a reason.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The Scrappy ability would still be bad news, especially with Mega Lopunny hopping all over the place. Ghost/Dark learned that the hard way, even before the Fairy-type existed.
How many viable Scrappy mons are there again? Regular Khan, Exploud and Mega Lopunny? Just make sure your teams have something against those ****s

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
D

Deleted member

It's still better than nothing and would counter most of the sets that rely on the neutral coverage

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's still better than nothing and would counter most of the sets that rely on the neutral coverage
You do need to remember though, that Normal/Ghost would still have a weakness against Dark-type attacks, so you're pretty much screwed if you're up against any Sucker Punch users.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I decided to start a dedicated gaming calendar for myself to help get through my backlog. Basically I've scheduled a different game or series to marathon thru each week.

I'm working thru the Killzone series first (at least games 1-4, I don't have or want a PSP/V), then next week Uncharted 4, and then once I finish that I'll do NES Virtual Console Marathon of all the essentials.

D

Deleted member

You do need to remember though, that Normal/Ghost would still have a weakness against Dark-type attacks, so you're pretty much screwed if you're up against any Sucker Punch users.
Good, gives you a reason to ever use a non-STAB Dark move
My point is not about having another type combination without weaknesses but to stop Pokemon that can hit everything neutrally with a Ghost and Fighting move combination

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
THOSE WHO LET THE FLOOFLES ANF FLAMINGOS DIE ARE NO LONGER MY FRIENDS!
....;_;

if it makes you feel any better the SA-X killed me probably over 10 times in TRO...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Good, gives you a reason to ever use a non-STAB Dark move
My point is not about having another type combination without weaknesses but to stop Pokemon that can hit everything neutrally with a Ghost and Fighting move combination
Shadow Claw and Brick Break aren't all that strong without attack boosts or STAB though. Sure there's Arceus, but even one Swords Dance boost isn't enough to take down a Steelix (especially Mega Steelix) who can use Curse to boost its own attack and defense, and then Gyro Ball all over Arceus afterwards.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Always wanted to see Lego Sonic, hopefully this means we'll see some sets for the 25th Anniversary.
I wonder if this will be Boom Sonic or Modern Sonic?
Question is what little set will be be packed with for the sole purpose of being a lego set. His car from the Sega All Star Games?

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Question is what little set will be be packed with for the sole purpose of being a lego set. His car from the Sega All Star Games?
I'm thinking something more like the TV item box. Either that or they'll use something from Sonic Boom next to nobody will get the reference to.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh god you got killed more than once? XD we cool again
I blame those damn Kihunters...

and my poor skills at sidescrollers

----

Also...now we've got one dead Nightmare...a lot of these bosses seem to take two tries for me, maybe because I'm unfamiliar with their pattersn the first time around and the second time is when I pretty much own them...but damn it's satisfying as hell just unloading dozens of super missiles on Nightmare's melting face...
another awesome remix for one of fusion's boss themes...by Theophany who's done some pretty good remixes for both Zelda and Metroid...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking something more like the TV item box. Either that or they'll use something from Sonic Boom next to nobody will get the reference to.
How about a BOUNCE PAD!?

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
and ironically, nobody here is talking about Star Wars right now..

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
May the 4th be with you all.

Anyone ready for some leaked Episode VIII pics?

Jedi Training.jpg

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

This guy literally thinks he's Solo, He's Han Solo, He's Han Solo, He's Han Solo, Soloooo

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
At the current time though, the only really big Nintendo character left is the Inklings.
I honestly really hate when people keep saying this. That's absolutely not true at all. There's so many "big" Nintendo series that deserve playable representation that haven't got that representation. Can think of 3 off the top of my head right now.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
"Muh relevance", "muh popularity", "muh sales".

This in a nutshell.
So what you're telling me is,

Goku's gonna get into Smash? Whoever thinks Goku should not get into smash is a doodie pie. Lemme to ask my dad to put Goku in Smash, he works at Nintendo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
"Muh relevance", "muh popularity", "muh sales".

This in a nutshell.
You say this as a joke, but it's true alongside being iconic
I honestly really hate when people keep saying this. That's absolutely not true at all. There's so many "big" Nintendo series that deserve playable representation that haven't got that representation. Can think of 3 off the top of my head right now.
How many can the average gamer recognize? I swear to Mayneth if you saw Andy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom