• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I forgot Torterra existed.

Never mind, I'm amazing.
How can you forget about the magnificence that is Torterra!? Truly a one of a kind Pokemon...

Grass/Ground is one of those type combinations I'm surprised isn't more abundant, y'know....cuz Grass grows in the ground, maybe?...perhaps it's just me...

I can say the same for Bug/Ground and Bug/Water...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How can you forget about the magnificence that is Torterra!? Truly a one of a kind Pokemon...

Grass/Ground is one of those type combinations I'm surprised isn't more abundant, y'know....cuz Grass grows in the ground, maybe?...perhaps it's just me...

I can say the same for Bug/Ground and Bug/Water...
I wouldn't mind a Grass/Ground type.

The problem is the Quad-Weakness to Ice and that's something big especially if a Pokemon has high Physical Attack uses Ice Punch.

That's a OHKO. It's why Fire/Flying, Water/Rock, Ice/Dark and Fighting/Poison are really awful type setups

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I got Psychic/Electric.

Am I some kind of Sith Lord? I can't complain if that's the case, for I would have...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im just wondering why october isnt ghost....the fundamental failing of this is baffaling

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
We don't have any big Nintendo characters missing from Smash 4 other than Wolf and Inklings. Anyone else is pretty much going into extremely obscure territory, or third parties which obviously are tricky to get. A future game, especially if it's a port of Smash 4, should focus on improving what's there already more than anything. Smash 4 already more than did enough to bloat the roster up a bit. There aren't any Nintendo characters left besides the Inklings that would make near as much impact as most of Smash 4's newcomers.
People had the same kind of concern about the lack of good potential Smash 4 newcomers and we still got an newcomer roster that hyped up people. Come Smash 5, I expect the same, with an emphasis on major characters created post-Smash 4 and franchises with revived popularity.

D

Deleted member

I got Normal/Ice
Geez, that's like, the worst possible combination ever
One resistance and one immunity but four weaknesses and one of them is 4x

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Jfc Dutch Netflix only has the first Rick and Morty season
I never could really get Rick and Morty that well. I mean, it's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it's the kind of stuff for me. I really did like that episode with the clone parasites, though. (I do gotta admit the youtube short's absolutely amazing, tho)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People had the same kind of concern about the lack of good potential Smash 4 newcomers and we still got an newcomer roster that hyped up people. Come Smash 5, I expect the same, with an emphasis on major characters created post-Smash 4 and franchises with revived popularity.
If they create new IPs and characters that get popular and are utilized in games then sure.

At the current time though, the only really big Nintendo character left is the Inklings.

D

Deleted member

Jfc Dutch Netflix only has the first Rick and Morty season
I didn't even know Netflix had Rick and Morty in the first place
Watch it online then though
KissCartoon is a good site for it

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
and in other news we can all skip this years mario and sonic
"Over 30 playable characters from the Mario and Sonic series appear, including some that are exclusive to certain events."
http://nintendoeverything.com/tons-...2016-olympic-games-wii-u-screenshots-details/
>limiting newcomers, even though two are on the front cover
>The singeplayer tournament mode is unlockable
>Still focused on the Miis rather than the actual Mario and Sonic characters
>Still no attempt at giving the console version a story mode
>No mention of online play
>No mention of Dream Events
>Lowest event amount in the series, less than the 3DS version and the original games
>Missed opportunity for Power Class Rugby Rosalina

Literally all this game is gonna be good for is ripping Rosalina's model from it.

Oh and the Beach Hub looks pretty I guess.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ground/Ice

Yay!

Any directs would be a last chance to hype up some 3DS game as I imaigne the NX reveal will be the lions share of E3.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ground/Ice

Yay!

Any directs would be a last chance to hype up some 3DS game as I imaigne the NX reveal will be the lions share of E3.
Nintendo already confirmed there will be absolutely no NX news at E3.

Did you sleep through the apocalypse or something? :p

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nintendo already confirmed there will be absolutely no NX news at E3.

Did you sleep through the apocalypse or something? :p
I knew that, just assumed they'd show off the new Zelda on it. At least if they repeat the pattern from Twilight Princess.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I knew that, just assumed they'd show off the new Zelda on it. At least if they repeat the pattern from Twilight Princess.
They've confirmed it will be on NX, but they are not showing the NX version at E3.

Zelda Wii U is going to be the only playable game at E3. They specified Wii U.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic might be coming to LEGO Dimensions.

Hopefully he's better utilised there than his amiibo is.

http://brickinquirer.com/2016/05/04...lego-dimensions-plus-confirming-kr-is-coming/

EDIT: Was gonna wait before posting more stuff, but the thread seems dead right now.

Buuut remember this?

Yeah.

Also Bowser is fabulous.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
After reuniting with some old friends...

back from the dead

Yakuza has been defeated and Space Jump acquired...
(I know it's Serris on the thumbnail but it's still a relevant theme and an awesome remix nonetheless)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Fighting-Dark type.

Literally Ganondorf rn :yeahboi:
Flying-Electric. Pretty neat since I really like Zapados.

Also, I've been to so many recycle stores the past few days. I'm going to some more tomorrow. I really like going to recycle stores because they have so much video game history in them...and it's fun to find stuff for my own collection.

I've sold a couple things here and there but it's usually when I found something in better condition and I have a double. I found a Wario Land 2 boxed with the moustache stickers so I sold my loose cart for a dollar, for example.

I got a complete out of box N64 Pikachu with 4 controllers for 300 JPY (about 3.30 usd?). They thought it was junk, but I wanted the Pikachu controllers. When I brought it home it just needed a different power adapter! I also got a full Wii set for a killer price (which I'm planning on just modding). Just dumb luck!

For some reason I've been insanely lucky with consoles, more so than games. In the past, I've found a Hanshin Tigers Gamecube and a Tales of Symphony GameCube (like new) with a boxed controller for >30 each.

I'll snap some pictures of everything I got later this week. I have another full day of traveling tomorrow so I should be going to bed @_@.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Normal-Ghost

Just like the hypothetical Opossum Pokemon I wish existed. :D
That....actually kinda makes sense for an Opossum pokemon...

playing dead, but it actually does become slightly dead...but not really...it's kind of ingenious....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom