• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm ain't on any Team for Cap:4falcon: or Iron Man:4samus:

I'm 100% on Team Spider-Man. The one that truly matters

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He lives.

Are you back forever?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I saw FE4 being mentioned in this thread, so I come with advice:
If you're not using Sigurd's silver sword to kill everything, use it.
If you're already using Sigurd's silver sword to kill everything, use it even more.
All the kills add up - once you get to 50 kills with a single weapon, that weapon gains the critical skill, which is one of very few ways to get the ability to land critical hits in this game. Every kill from 50-100 then adds 1% to your crit rate, so even before the unit's stats are factored in, you can have a base crit rate of up to 50%.

Sigurd is god in this game - ridiculous bases, decent growth rates by FE4 standards, holy blood, a horse, and a silver sword in the prologue. Probably the most OP unit in the entire series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw FE4 being mentioned in this thread, so I come with advice:
If you're not using Sigurd's silver sword to kill everything, use it.
If you're already using Sigurd's silver sword to kill everything, use it even more.
All the kills add up - once you get to 50 kills with a single weapon, that weapon gains the critical skill, which is one of very few ways to get the ability to land critical hits in this game. Every kill from 50-100 then adds 1% to your crit rate, so even before the unit's stats are factored in, you can have a base crit rate of up to 50%.

Sigurd is god in this game - ridiculous bases, decent growth rates by FE4 standards, holy blood, a horse, and a silver sword in the prologue. Probably the most OP unit in the entire series.
Oh, so that's what a Kill Bonus is
Question: can I pass down the critical skill to the Second Gen characters? Also, wouldn't the silver sword break before getting 50 kills?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Question: can I pass down the critical skill to the Second Gen characters?
All skills and items owned by a first-gen character gets passed down to their children - for skills, both children inherit all skills owned by both parents, and for items, usually the male child gets the father's items, and the female child gets the mother's, but there are exceptions. Also, items won't be inherited if the child can't use them (except holy weapons) - this is especially important in Finn's case: since nobody can inherit lances, if he gets paired up his weapons are all lost. You may prefer to let Finn go unmarried for this reason - you'll see exactly why later on.

You can mix and match pairings to try and get whatever skill you want on as many kids as possible, but the main one you want to spread around as much as possible is Pursuit, as this is the skill that enables double attacks.

In the case of the kill bonus, the critical skill is attached to the weapon, not its owner, so you just have to make sure the weapon in question gets passed down.

Also, wouldn't the silver sword break before getting 50 kills?
While at a castle, you have the option to go to the castle town, where you can, among other things, repair used weapons (assuming the unit can afford it), so all weapons are functionally infinite.

Starting from Chapter 1, you can also visit the arena from the castle town - make sure to use this, as it's an easy way to make money and EXP, and units don't die if they lose there (they survive with 1 HP). Best to do this on turn 1, while your units are still inside the base castle - do all you can at the arena before sortieing. In chapter 2, there's also a special reward for any unit who wins all seven available battles at the arena - make sure you don't miss out on that.

At the castle town, there's also the pawn shop, where you can sell items to allow other units to buy them. This is the closest thing in the game to trading.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
As far as the Mii costume debate earlier, I wasn't sure if the Mii costumes were disconfirmations for characters like K. Rool and Inklings as DLC characters (although I wasn't really confident on their chances after their Mii costumes were announced) so I decided to wait and see if it truly was a consolation prize. As far as we know, the only one we know for sure was a consolation prize for not being playable was Geno, and that was only because Sakurai specifically wanted him to be playable but couldn't get him so Geno being a Mii costume was the closest achievable possibility. As far as we know, it could be a case where none of the other Mii costumes had the ballot influencing them (he never talked about the fasn of the other characters as a reason why they were included as Mii costumes), but rather it could be a case where he just saw a couple of characters who would make for interesting Mii costumes and thus had Mii costumes made of them.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
now here comes a very important question do characters who became mii costumes have a chance of being added in the supposed NX version? along with that notion will sakurai add any vets that were unable to make it into smash 4

and yes young like is in the running because every cut character who was brought back from melee in smash 4
played like they did in melee and thanks to the various changes link and toon link have gone thorough this make him a unique character(this applies to pichu...even if we dont nessisarily want pichu)

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
now here comes a very important question do characters who became mii costumes have a chance of being added in the supposed NX version? along with that notion will sakurai add any vets that were unable to make it into smash 4
Frankly, I think the better question is- will we actually get any additional characters at all in Smash 4 NX? I believe it will just be a straight port.

D

Deleted member

All skills and items owned by a first-gen character gets passed down to their children - for skills, both children inherit all skills owned by both parents, and for items, usually the male child gets the father's items, and the female child gets the mother's, but there are exceptions. Also, items won't be inherited if the child can't use them (except holy weapons) - this is especially important in Finn's case: since nobody can inherit lances, if he gets paired up his weapons are all lost. You may prefer to let Finn go unmarried for this reason - you'll see exactly why later on.

You can mix and match pairings to try and get whatever skill you want on as many kids as possible, but the main one you want to spread around as much as possible is Pursuit, as this is the skill that enables double attacks.

In the case of the kill bonus, the critical skill is attached to the weapon, not its owner, so you just have to make sure the weapon in question gets passed down.

While at a castle, you have the option to go to the castle town, where you can, among other things, repair used weapons (assuming the unit can afford it), so all weapons are functionally infinite.

Starting from Chapter 1, you can also visit the arena from the castle town - make sure to use this, as it's an easy way to make money and EXP, and units don't die if they lose there (they survive with 1 HP). Best to do this on turn 1, while your units are still inside the base castle - do all you can at the arena before sortieing. In chapter 2, there's also a special reward for any unit who wins all seven available battles at the arena - make sure you don't miss out on that.

At the castle town, there's also the pawn shop, where you can sell items to allow other units to buy them. This is the closest thing in the game to trading.
Oh yeah, almost forgot about it but just one more question: regarding lovers, is it like the future support systems with different ranks or do I just need to have enough points for the character to show up in the "Lover" status in the stat screen and that's it?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Oh yeah, almost forgot about it but just one more question: regarding lovers, is it like the future support systems with different ranks or do I just need to have enough points for the character to show up in the "Lover" status in the stat screen and that's it?
You just need to have them gain enough love points that they appear in the Lover section of the stat screen. There aren't any C-B-A-S ranks or support conversations, and the only bonus they get is an increased critical chance when standing next to each other, and the ability to give all their gold to each other. Characters will gain love points simply by being deployed in the same chapter, but they'll fall in love faster if you have them stand next to each other. Certain pairs also get conversations that boost their love points by a large amount - look out for these in the Talk section of the stat screen.

You can tell how their relationships are going by sending a unit to the fortune teller at the castle town; the message he reads will tell you roughly how many love points that character has with the person they're closest to:
0-199: "You don't have feelings for anybody."
200-299: "<character> is on your mind."
300-399: "You're fond of <character>."
400-499: "You're in love with <character>."
500: "You and <character> are bound to each other."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

it's like Awakening so they **** when S Support
Nah, they can't just **** like that
Something really HOT has to happen first
And once they're ON FIRE, you'll have the kids
You just need to have them gain enough love points that they appear in the Lover section of the stat screen. There aren't any C-B-A-S ranks or support conversations, and the only bonus they get is an increased critical chance when standing next to each other, and the ability to give all their gold to each other. Characters will gain love points simply by being deployed in the same chapter, but they'll fall in love faster if you have them stand next to each other. Certain pairs also get conversations that boost their love points by a large amount - look out for these in the Talk section of the stat screen.

You can tell how their relationships are going by sending a unit to the fortune teller at the castle town; the message he reads will tell you roughly how many love points that character has with the person they're closest to:
0-199: "You don't have feelings for anybody."
200-299: "<character> is on your mind."
300-399: "You're fond of <character>."
400-499: "You're in love with <character>."
500: "You and <character> are bound to each other."
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes. But it depends which one. King K. Rool and Inkling are two very notable ones that have a good chance. Moreso the latter than the former. Being a straight port has very little chance of doing well anyway(the Wii U version is already the least popular of the two versions, and the NX cannot rely on ports alone, plus, the NX controller may not have a touchscreen option, meaning the Stage Builder is unusable without modification, already stopping a straight port from happening, also meaning they're going to change more than that. Otherwise there's no point in even bringing the game to the NX. They're not lazy, and they damn well know a lot of people were pissed off at some of the roster). For non-Mii Costumes, Wolf has a major chance of coming back. That said, if they intend for all of the characters in the NX version being added to be available for the other two versions via DLC(it's a different team working on the NX version, so they could easily do that), Ice Climbers clearly won't happen. Inklings depend entirely on if their mechanics work easily for the 3DS, otherwise they'd be a NX exclusive.

I really don't believe whatsoever it'll be a straight port. For multiple reasons, including it being a really bad decision. The other fact is the Wii U version still sells well, even if lower than the 3DS version. There's too many people who don't want to rebuy the exact same game over and over again. Not even Capcom pulls that. They always have new content, even if they overdo the "enhanced port" thing a bit too often(how many Street Fighter II's are there?). But they still do it right in the end. Plus, looking at non-VC titles(and non-collection combo titles), Nintendo strives for uniqueness. The remakes of OOT/MM/WW/TP are all different. Even the remake of Link's Awakening outright had some changes, just for a single stronger system. Gameboy to Gameboy Color. It's severely unlikely they'll take a chance with the NX being less popular by straight porting games. It's the same reason I believe Zelda NX will be different in multiple ways. Better graphics, different control options overall(considering the NX's patent even shows it's a smaller controller in general... and then there's other weird patents, there's a lot of differences that could be had).

and yes young like is in the running because every cut character who was brought back from melee in smash 4
played like they did in melee and thanks to the various changes link and toon link have gone thorough this make him a unique character(this applies to pichu...even if we dont nessisarily want pichu)
Pichu is inherently the better choice due to Rage giving him something that Lucario can't even do, make his damage go higher without directly engaging the opponent. Young Link does have a better chance for NX, but only if they make his moveset stand out. Before somebody compared it to Dr. Mario, Mario and Luigi are significantly different, including much more unique specials than what Link and Toon Link have, who are still fairly similar. Young Link isn't nearly as easy to make stand out without a new gimmick. I suggest the Mask idea, even if it's a NX exclusive(till possibly the next console Smash, depending how well he's received as well). That said, Pichu is overall more popular due to being Gen II's base mascot, having a movie based around himself, and having a known gimmick that wasn't actually taken by someone else. Toon Link blatantly stole Young Link's purpose. Lucario has slight similarities to Pichu(starred in a movie, Gen IV's mascot, has a gimmick based around damage, but that's about it. Fun to compare, but they're highly different regardless, and in a good way).

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and now its time for my dream verrsion of smash NX (because why not) and because its my dream versioni get to be as unrealistic as possible(even tho ill keep my self grounded to videogame stuff only)
first things first no one who was in smash 4 wiiu/3ds is gonna be cut i know that sounds obvious but ya know theres allways one person who think they should cut someone
Veterans:
-Wolf
-Ice climbers
-Ivysaur
-Squirtle
-Pichu
-Young link
-Snake

Newcommers:
-Fiora
-Inkling
-K.rool
-Sylux
-Bandana Dee
-Wonder Red
-Heihachi
-Geno
-Simon belmont

Bonus:
Mii Mage

again first things first every wiiu stage will be brought back
Retro:
-Corneria
-Summit
-Saffron City
-Termina Bay
-Shadow Moses
-New pork city
-Fountain of Dreams

Modern:
-Satoral Marsh
-Octo Valley
-Blossom City Skies
-Vesper Defense Outpost
-Moonlit Wildreness
-CastleVania

Every mode from smash wiiu returns...plus the following
Break the targets
Board the platforms
Smash Run

and the following changes and additions will be made as well
Classic mode will return to the format used in melee
3ds's classic mode will be called "SmashQuest"
wiiu's classic mode will be simply refered to as "the arena"
special smash will be added to 8-player smash
The lottery is brought back as a way to get custom moves in the trophy shop
Event mode and the challenges are revamped to include all the characters and stages added

every character has custom moves now
certain characters have their default move sets changed
Midgar has more music tracks
Shadow moses and palutenas temple now have guidences/codec calls for every character
Menus have been revamped

i think that covers everything in my dream smash NX release sad ill never get it but oh well ill get over it

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't see Young Link coming back to Smash so easily, considering Toon Link pretty much inherited his quirks as a Link clone.

Both share key aspects in terms of moveset and aesthetic design in relation to Link:
1. Faster, but weaker and with lower reach
2. Spin Attack on the ground deals multiple hits
3. Down Smash has the first hit connect into the second
4. Sword hits use a smacking sound effects instead of slash
5. In Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U, Toon Link can use the Fire Arrows as a custom move

However, there are differences between Young Link and Toon Link:
1. Toon Link's up Smash deals 1 hit instead of 3
2. Toon Link doesn't use kicking moves (meaning the neutral and back aerials and the forward and back throws are different)

However, considering Falco, Roy and Ganondorf also got similar moveset and aesthetic changes in games released after Melee to make them less clones, you can argue that Toon Link's moveset is a similar treatment to Young Link's moveset.

Characterization-wise, they are different characters, which gets reflected in stuff like taunts, win poses and trophy descriptions, hence why Toon Link was introduced as a newcomer in Brawl. Gameplay-wise, he's essentially a semi-cloned Young Link.

The only thing I could see in regards to Young Link returning would be diverging his moveset in a different direction from that of Toon Link. Perhaps, the Fierce Deity Mask could come into play as a Final Smash, for example, as well as some different animations and other such similar changes to normal and special moves. Sakurai may just see too much overlap to include both Young Link and Toon Link at once, though.

And before someone brings Hyrule Warriors regarding on how the three Links could be so different: don't. Smash and HW are two different games, belonging to different genres, with different inception time periods, development histories and design philosophies. I don't think it's fair to compare both games on how they handled the same 6 characters in common (Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link, Toon Link).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And before someone brings Hyrule Warriors regarding on how the three Links could be so different: don't. Smash and HW are two different games, belonging to different genres, with different inception time periods, development histories and design philosophies.
How is this at all relevant?

If people are fans of Toon Link/Young Link and want to see them incorporated as much more unique characters in Smash, like in Hyrule Warriors, they are perfectly entitled to request that, just like with any other character. It's no more ridiculous than requesting D-tier Nintendo characters like Ridley and K.Rool.

And that "completely different genres" comment means nothing. Do you not understand that the entire concept of Smash is to bring characters from NON-FIGHTING games, into a fighting game? Literally, Sakurai flat out said this.

And it's not like Hyrule Warriors is absurdly far removed from Smash genre-wise. One is a sidescrolling platform/action/fighting game that can facilitate up to 8-players at once, the other is a 1 VS 1,000 hack and slash. At the end of the day though, both games still involve fighting a hoard of enemies in some way. Hyrule Warriors even took inspiration from Smash for some characters. I recall you even made a list for how Ganondorf's Hyrule Warriors moveset was influenced by Smash. If they can make Captain Falcon fight in Smash despite being from a racing game, or if they can make Rosalina playable despite NEVER HAVING A WHOLLY UNIQUE PLAYABLE APPEARANCE BEFORE SMASH, they can EASILY take inspiration from Hyrule Warriors for Zelda character movesets.

Whether or not this is something Sakurai or the dev team would be INCLINED to do is another issue entirely, but just in terms of people wanting to see it, they are perfectly entitled to ask for it, it's far from a ridiculous request. And in terms of taking moveset inspiration from Hyrule Warriors, that'd actually be ideal, as it wouldn't be hard to do. There's no reason why Toon Link smacking people with a Deku Leaf for some aerial attacks in Smash, couldn't work, like in Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Kenith Kenith was here and I missed it?

Dang, hope he stays though.

And man, Only 4 more days till I will be seeing Civil War, and I can't wait!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Anyone still making Mario Maker stages? I'm not making videos but I'll play them if you want :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How is this at all relevant?

If people are fans of Toon Link/Young Link and want to see them incorporated as much more unique characters in Smash, like in Hyrule Warriors, they are perfectly entitled to request that, just like with any other character. It's no more ridiculous than requesting D-tier Nintendo characters like Ridley and K.Rool.

And that "completely different genres" comment means nothing. Do you not understand that the entire concept of Smash is to bring characters from NON-FIGHTING games, into a fighting game? Literally, Sakurai flat out said this.

And it's not like Hyrule Warriors is absurdly far removed from Smash genre-wise. One is a sidescrolling platform/action/fighting game that can facilitate up to 8-players at once, the other is a 1 VS 1,000 hack and slash. At the end of the day though, both games still involve fighting a hoard of enemies in some way. Hyrule Warriors even took inspiration from Smash for some characters. I recall you even made a list for how Ganondorf's Hyrule Warriors moveset was influenced by Smash. If they can make Captain Falcon fight in Smash despite being from a racing game, or if they can make Rosalina playable despite NEVER HAVING A WHOLLY UNIQUE PLAYABLE APPEARANCE BEFORE SMASH, they can EASILY take inspiration from Hyrule Warriors for Zelda character movesets.

Whether or not this is something Sakurai or the dev team would be INCLINED to do is another issue entirely, but just in terms of people wanting to see it, they are perfectly entitled to ask for it, it's far from a ridiculous request. And in terms of taking moveset inspiration from Hyrule Warriors, that'd actually be ideal, as it wouldn't be hard to do. There's no reason why Toon Link smacking people with a Deku Leaf for some aerial attacks in Smash, couldn't work, like in Hyrule Warriors.
Young Link and Toon Link in Smash are clones because they were added at the last minute, whereas Hyrule Warriors conceived them as different characters from the get-go.

That's where I'm getting at. A lot of people go "HW did better than Smash because they're not clones unlike Smash" without fully realizing why Ganondorf, Young Link and Toon Link are clones in the first place.

I agree that they could take some stuff from Hyrule Warriors in future Smash games and that both games did an overall great job in adapting characters from other proprieties to a new style of gameplay (for those characters), but changing a character's moveset isn't done by snapping a finger. New moves need to mesh well with the rest of the moveset and not cause imbalance, so Smash's conservative approach to movesets is entirely understandable from a game design point of view.

People are entitled to whatever they want in a game, sure, but it's best to have an opinion that is informed and educated to not come off as whining, but as legitimate criticism.

A lot of people argue how "if Hyrule Warriors did, then Smash could do it too", which is a valid point, but fails to realize each game's different development cycles and philosophies.

Were there missed opportunities with Smash? Sure, and the Zelda cast suffers from the timing of when and how they were added in Smash, back in Melee, when there wasn't that much source material to work with, as a lot of their inspiration in HW comes from games released after Melee. Note how the Final Smashes for both Zelda and Ganondorf represent their canon selves perfectly, by alluding to the final battle from Twilight Princess. Coincidence that those moves were introduced in Brawl? I think not.

I still like both games, but I can't fully blame Sakurai for maintaining the same overall movesets for Zelda and Ganondorf as back in Melee. Adding Zelda's rapier and Ganondorf's many abilities on top of their established movesets isn't exactly an easy task when each Smash game is an even bigger project than before. The developers just play it safe with them as it allows them to work on newer characters and new content. The same naturally goes for Young Link and Toon Link's potentially unique traits.

Either way, I didn't really want to start an argument and I don't have anything noteworthy to say anymore. I do think it's unfair to compare Smash and HW when it comes to the Zelda characters' movesets. It's apples and oranges when it comes to their development stories.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think I've decided to start doing a bunch of redesigns for Metroid and Zelda...

Already started a couple designs for Samus's Varia and Zero suits and have a few ideas for other stuff from both franchises...

I guess that'll be my little contribution for their respective 30th Anniversaries...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh great, YOUR levels again! :0

Lol jk of course, yeah I'll check it out! :)
By the way, i just reuploaded the level i posted for your Halloween contest. (Version 3)
BUT...There is alot of thing that have changed. So i advice you to check it out.:4pacman:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Young Link and Toon Link in Smash are clones because they were added at the last minute, whereas Hyrule Warriors conceived them as different characters from the get-go.

That's where I'm getting at. A lot of people go "HW did better than Smash because they're not clones unlike Smash" without fully realizing why Ganondorf, Young Link and Toon Link are clones in the first place.

I agree that they could take some stuff from Hyrule Warriors in future Smash games and that both games did an overall great job in adapting characters from other proprieties to a new style of gameplay (for those characters), but changing a character's moveset isn't done by snapping a finger. New moves need to mesh well with the rest of the moveset and not cause imbalance, so Smash's conservative approach to movesets is entirely understandable from a game design point of view.

People are entitled to whatever they want in a game, sure, but it's best to have an opinion that is informed and educated to not come off as whining, but as legitimate criticism.

A lot of people argue how "if Hyrule Warriors did, then Smash could do it too", which is a valid point, but fails to realize each game's different development cycles and philosophies.

Were there missed opportunities with Smash? Sure, and the Zelda cast suffers from the timing of when and how they were added in Smash, back in Melee, when there wasn't that much source material to work with, as a lot of their inspiration in HW comes from games released after Melee. Note how the Final Smashes for both Zelda and Ganondorf represent their canon selves perfectly, by alluding to the final battle from Twilight Princess. Coincidence that those moves were introduced in Brawl? I think not.

I still like both games, but I can't fully blame Sakurai for maintaining the same overall movesets for Zelda and Ganondorf as back in Melee. Adding Zelda's rapier and Ganondorf's many abilities on top of their established movesets isn't exactly an easy task when each Smash game is an even bigger project than before. The developers just play it safe with them as it allows them to work on newer characters and new content. The same naturally goes for Young Link and Toon Link's potentially unique traits.

Either way, I didn't really want to start an argument and I don't have anything noteworthy to say. I do think it's unfair to compare Smash and HW when it comes to the Zelda characters' movesets. It's apples and oranges when it comes to their development stories.
People saying "Hyrule Warriors handles them better" is one thing (and let's be honest, regardless of the advantageous circumstance it had, that is the truth).

What I'm saying is that this doesn't matter anymore. Comparing past Smash games to Hyrule Warriors obviously achieves nothing, but it is valid to compare future Smash games' representation of Zelda characters to Hyrule Warriors because they have the ability to directly reference and take inspiration from Hyrule Warriors going forward. It wasn't the case with Smash 4 because of the fact Smash likely started development first, but that's not the case with a Smash NX, port or otherwise.

That comment of yours I quoted implied that we can't compare a future Smash game to Hyrule Warriors, which is what I take issue with. We absolutely can, it's completely fair to do so. Different development cycles, design philosophies, etc, make no difference to this, because that's a given with putting ANY character from another game into Smash. And once again, the design philosophies of the games are still comparable - they are both games built to be 1) easy to pick up, hard to master, and 2) games designed to pay homage to some kind of huge video game legacy.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Of course Hyrule Warriors is going to do Zelda characters more justice than Smash...Hyrule Warriors is focused mostly on Zelda characters with a few original characters (who are very much based on things from Zelda) as opposed to Smash which is focused on pretty much anything from Nintendo with a few third parties thrown in...

This is why people need to stop comparing the two games...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Of course Hyrule Warriors is going to do Zelda characters more justice than Smash...Hyrule Warriors is focused mostly on Zelda characters with a few original characters (who are very much based on things from Zelda) as opposed to Smash which is focused on pretty much anything from Nintendo with a few third parties thrown in...

This is why people need to stop comparing the two games...
It's fair to compare future Smash games to Hyrule Warriors because future Smash games can directly take inspiration from Hyrule Warriors.

Smash has done this with Star Fox and F-Zero (taking inspiration from a third party developed game in their franchise).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom