• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

FE4 gets second place in my list of "games that completely overwhelm me 5 minutes in"
Let's see:
-****ton of exposition
-Names. Lots and lots of it
-Skills I don't know how they work
-According to Serenes Forest and the Wiki: each character has its own money, you can't Trade and promotion shenanigans
-Lovers and jealousy
-And finally: JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE HELL IS THIS MAP
Half french. My aunt's personality is "What do you think of my new expensive bag/car/anything?" and my grandmother always yells at me that I am perfectly capable of speaking French but choose not to. I can't even understand them
I dunno, french is a pretty sexy language
Maybe that's why you can't speak it :troll:
'Twas a joke please don't hurt me

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It gets better. My grandmother told me mother she wish she never had 4 kids. My mother was her fourth kid. She would also refuse to talk to my mother if my father was black. And she wonders why I haven't visited after 6-7 yeats
Oh **** that's flat out cruel. For a mother to say that to her daughter. That's horrible.

I haven't visited most of my family mainly because i'm a very reserved person and I don't like talking with relatives that much. Especially when they speak a language I don't know and stuff. Wouldn't enjoy being there at all TBH.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh **** that's flat out cruel. For a mother to say that to her daughter. That's horrible.

I haven't visited most of my family mainly because i'm a very reserved person and I don't like talking with relatives that much. Especially when they speak a language I don't know and stuff. Wouldn't enjoy being there at all TBH.
That hag also MISSES me. But she won't miss me when I take hormones
FE4 gets second place in my list of "games that completely overwhelm me 5 minutes in"
Let's see:
-****ton of exposition
-According to Serenes Forest and the Wiki: each character has its own money, you can't Trade and promotion shenanigans
-Lovers and jealousy

They say French women don't shave their armpit hair, so worth. And I'm hurting you for talking **** about my A cup angst :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Welp, I thought it became super rare after Bayo got confirmed for Smash.
$30 seems too cheap imo tho.

Yes it was :denzel:
I think they did a reprint after she was announced, actually.

I don't think they wanted to repeat the Xenoblade/Amiibo mistake again.

*EDIT* And looking through the responses, the copy I saw doesn't come with the first game, so if you want them both with physical copies the price is going to go up quite a bit.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Let's see:
-****ton of exposition
-Lovers and jealousy

You also want to choose which units to pair up so you can get all the children. You have a limited time to do so btw. Have fun.

Burruni

Smash Hero
~6 hours into JRPG and I have a warrior princess in a somewhat risque outfit dual weilding a katana and a longsword with a knife as a third weapon clenched in her teeth.

Damn I love Job Systems.

D

Deleted member

That hag also MISSES me. But she won't miss me when I take hormones

They say French women don't shave their armpit hair, so worth. And I'm hurting you for talking **** about my A cup angst :p
I didn't say anything about that though
That is a flat out lie
:troll:
You also want to choose which units to pair up so you can get all the children. You have a limited time to do so btw. Have fun.
Well, technically, all I lose is acces to Holy Weapons
But those things basically break the game in half so I know I'll need them
Also, damn, that recruitment theme is just right

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I didn't say anything about that though
That is a flat out lie
:troll:

Well, technically, all I lose is acces to Holy Weapons
But those things basically break the game in half so I know I'll need them
Also, damn, that recruitment theme is just right
There is that but the child units are all really good as well.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
~6 hours into JRPG and I have a warrior princess in a somewhat risque outfit dual weilding a katana and a longsword with a knife as a third weapon clenched in her teeth.

Damn I love Job Systems.
Dammit. Stop making me want to buy BD ASAP. I'm already saving for Fates and Planet Robobot, stuck trying to find a damn kitchen key in Xenoblade and I'm trying to get my mitts on PXZ2 and ORAS

Damn I love Job Systems.
Not jealous at all. Nope. Not even a smidge. Definitely NOT super jealous.

. . .In other news

JOINING OVERWATCH IN 15 MINUTES. HALLELUJAH IT'S ONLY BEEN A FEW MONTHS OF ONLYWATCH

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Forgot to post about this yesterday but:

Beat this yesterday, and I can't believe they killed Scarlet. I wish she had supports, and thought it was kind of stupid she didn't. But it sucks that she got killed like that. The story was still nice though as we got to see more of her personality. It was also great to see both siblings get along. Takumi saying he can tell he and Leo won't get along was funny though.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Either I'm **** at traditional RPGS or th BD demo is hard as ****. What's more beginner friendly? This or an FF game?
"This".

The difficulty and encounter rate can be adjusted in BD.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

JOINING OVERWATCH IN 15 MINUTES. HALLELUJAH IT'S ONLY BEEN A FEW MONTHS OF ONLYWATCH
I only have to wait until Thursday for Onlywatch to be over.

tfw i still have to buy the game

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"This".

The difficulty and encounter rate can be adjusted in BD.
The recent remasters of FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX have this feature too so it's really a matter of taste at this point.

One is better off going in with a challenge though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is better to turn encounter rate on max and difficulty all the way down and enjoy levels of free EXP

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
In case any of you here don't know StylesX2 is currently streaming and on his stream he has been showcasing smash 4 mods.
Like the Classic Fox costume and the likes.
Here's a Link: https://www.twitch.tv/styleszx2
The best part about these mods though other than potential charcters getting brought back.
Is the voices can now be swapped. Which something I have wanted for a while :p
:4link::4fox::4falco::4sonic::4cloud:
So many potential various for character alt voice swaps :happysheep:
High Quality video game rips set to overdrive :p

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Either I'm **** at traditional RPGS or th BD demo is hard as ****. What's more beginner friendly? This or an FF game?
I didn't play the demo for either.
BD is actually beginner friendly.
Not just saying that because I've cleared the entire 6 hour prologue in Second with only using 2 potions and no healing class.
Default = Guard and more BP to use to burst people down.
That's the core of the mechanical difference to classic FF

D

Deleted member

Well, I already got a favorite in FE4, Azel has just what I want: legs

Oh, Arvis is his brother? So that's why he's a Fire Mage :^)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The game has like 10 chapters.
But is still the longest non-paralogue game in terms of runtime.... actually RD may surpass it
Yeah, I know
I'd say each map is about 3 standard chapters though
Though giant maps severely hinder low mov units
Knights lol

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
And that is one dead Arrghus...

Something about water dungeons that are always a little bit frustrating...

I guess the most frustrating part were mainly the annoying enemies in this dungeon rather than changing the water levels...also doesn't help that hearts are actually very hard to come by in this game when your health is low...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Forgot to post about this yesterday but:

Beat this yesterday, and I can't believe they killed Scarlet. I wish she had supports, and thought it was kind of stupid she didn't. But it sucks that she got killed like that. The story was still nice though as we got to see more of her personality. It was also great to see both siblings get along. Takumi saying he can tell he and Leo won't get along was funny though.
You should try having Takumi and Leo pair up often when you have the chance, or look it up on Youtube if you don't have the time to do so. Their supports have one of the most amusing developments out of everyone!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You should try having Takumi and Leo pair up often when you have the chance, or look it up on Youtube if you don't have the time to do so. Their supports have one of the most amusing developments out of everyone!
I'll definitely try it! thanks for the info!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So, a consolation price?
I guess lol. I just meant that maybe her costume wasn't ballot related.

There's a possibility that none of the Mii Costumes were ballot related and only some were based on general popularity they have. I'd like to think that personally. Makes me feel a bit better about Isaac not being a Mii Costume lol.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Warchamp7: Administator, Behind-the-scenes guy, Good with website coding, and secret pyromaniac.

Back from a few hours of Overwatch

This game is so fun. Like holy ****, the streams made it look good but it feels so much better. My garbage laptop means things load a little slowly and the graphics are terrible, but there are absolutely no framerate issues which is what matters most. All the characters I tried were fun (except symmetra). Man I just wish the open beta wasn't going to end. . .or that I need sleep.

Probably enjoyed Winston the most.

10/10 need more time with it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh my gosh, GiIvaSunner is amazing as always

COD is best anime.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Oh my gosh, GiIvaSunner is amazing as always

COD is best anime.
So anime

Much wow

So GRAND
tumblr_nmnta3xrVL1swyyfwo1_100.png

But what was the point of putting a bootleg mario in this post when the Flintstones theme isn't even incorporated in the vid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom