• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
At this point I'm just glad I uploaded mine beforehand. :p
I love your sig, it looks like Doc Strange is trying to fly but fails... Not to mention that Bucky looks like he's trying to push out the biggest dump.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Might No 9 has gone gold. Lol. I want to watch and see if it stays un delayed now, but I honestly could see it still happen. I may not be interested in it, but either way, I still don't think it will do to well.

A game being delayed this much, and having this many issues does not make for good signs. But we shall see. Although people complained about Brawl, for somehwhat dumb reasons, I could see it happen here as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Welp, the Kickstarter for Summer of Sonic has come to a close. They managed to raise £31,625.

Just £375 short of the final stretch goal. However, I read some forum posts by a member of the team and he said that if they only miss the last stretch goal by a little bit, they'll see if they can find an alternative to scrape together a final bit of funds for it.

They should open a PayPal donation or something. I'd be willing to donate more in a week or two, I was just completely broke this week.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Might No 9 has gone gold. Lol. I want to watch and see if it stays un delayed now, but I honestly could see it still happen. I may not be interested in it, but either way, I still don't think it will do to well.

A game being delayed this much, and having this many issues does not make for good signs. But we shall see. Although people complained about Brawl, for somehwhat dumb reasons, I could see it happen here as well.
On one hand though, it's had a ton of publicity... So it could work in their favour.

D

Deleted member

"Mighty No. 9 has gone gold"
HA, good one! Oh wait, this is serious? Uh... are you sure this isn't a prank?

Anyways, does anyone know about a good SNES emulator?

Last edited by a moderator:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
heres my opinion on mighty number 9
unless you backed it you have 0 reason to be upset over the delays
because if were supposed to be mad over delays the people who are exicted for ff15 missed the memo
(and ff15 is an even worse situation when you consider it not being released caused kh3 to be delayed for so long they had to make dream drop distance)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
because if were supposed to be mad over delays the people who are exicted for ff15 missed the memo
(and ff15 is an even worse situation when you consider it not being released caused kh3 to be delayed for so long they had to make dream drop distance)
Huh? That's an odd reasoning.

As long as you're looking forward to the game, you have the right to be upset over the delays.

:231:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oi. That's a ****ty excuse. You can't criticize anything you have no involvement with? You can't criticize us because you aren't related to us then

D

Deleted member

What FalKoopa said
I stopped caring about MN9 a long time ago but I'd be mad if a game I'm looking forward to kept getting delayed(*cough cough*2015 release*cough*Zelda*cough cough*)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I feel upset at MN9 in sympathy for the people who did back it.

By the way, I also made something. Check it out, if you'd like.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Oi. That's a ****ty excuse. You can't criticize anything you have no involvement with? You can't criticize us because you aren't related to us then
being critical and being upset are 2 different things dont get them mixed up please

see that right there was me criticizing you for effectively putting words in my mouth am i upset? hell no im using you as an example all in all this worked out really well in regards to demonstration purposes

and when it comes to games you want...lets be real here im like the only person on the board whos legitamtely looking forward to mighty number 9 and my reasons are dumb as hell so i know none of you share them

and if i have to pull out the old miyamoto quote i will "blah blah bad game bad delay make game good blah blah"
paraphrasing at its most mediocre everyone

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
being critical and being upset are 2 different things dont get them mixed up please

see that right there was me criticizing you for effectively putting words in my mouth am i upset? hell no im using you as an example all in all this worked out really well in regards to demonstration purposes

and when it comes to games you want...lets be real here im like the only person on the board whos legitamtely looking forward to mighty number 9 and my reasons are dumb as hell so i know none of you share them

and if i have to pull out the old miyamoto quote i will "blah blah bad game bad delay make game good blah blah"
paraphrasing at its most mediocre everyone
I couldn't understand what you're trying to say, but as long as a decision affects you negatively in any way (physically, financially or even emotionally), you have every right to be upset.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
U guys getting salty waiting for KH3 FF15 and MN9

and I'm just here thinking "Man, I hope Nintendo does something really awesome with Zelda this year" :4link:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Anyone knows the rarity and price of a physical copy of Bayonetta 2?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Anyone knows the rarity and price of a physical copy of Bayonetta 2?
Well I saw one of my local supermarket chains had a copy available for $30. I'm not quite sure how it's priced elsewhere or how the rarity is, though.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I couldn't understand what you're trying to say, but as long as a decision affects you negatively in any way (physically, financially or even emotionally), you have every right to be upset.

Believe me when I say something is not right with that train of thought or whatever word I'm looking for. Don't know what or how to describe what is wrong with it, but all of me keeps constantly thinking, "There is something very wrong with that."

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
To an extent delays can be a good thing, but at the same time they build up expectations...

If a game gets delayed and doesn't meet expectations then there is a huge problem since you made people wait for something that they ultimately didn't like since after said delay they think 'its to make the game better'

As somebody who's waiting for Zelda U for example, I can admit that I'm pretty upset that the game got delayed again...sure they're using the delay to clean make it the best that it can be...but it doesn't really help that we know almost nothing about the game either...
As a result we all have our expectations set pretty high for this title...you can say all you want that if its not as good as we expected it our fault for setting our expectations so high, but that's not exactly something we really can help given the circumstances...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In my opinion, you can be critical of the MN9 situation if you didn't back the game or haven't otherwise put any money towards it, but you can only be legit upset if you have money down on it.

If you were looking forward to it but didn't pay for it (like me), then you can be disappointed, but there is still nothing to seriously get upset about.

I want to play MN9 but I don't need it right this instant. Plenty of other things I could do.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Believe me when I say something is not right with that train of thought or whatever word I'm looking for. Don't know what or how to describe what is wrong with it, but all of me keeps constantly thinking, "There is something very wrong with that."
No rush. :p Take your time.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
When you watch it, remember, 2 post credit scenes. And tell me about what you thought of Tom Holland

I don't think Ganondorf getting his own game would even really be approved by Nintendo. They pretty much never let you play the villain, and Wario is anti hero eho still ends up doing good deeds every now and then.
Like something like this...

IDK if there's a set policy like that but still the concept of this game would be the best Zelda spinoff title IMO. I want to see Ganondorf's backstory and all the events pre-OoT, in OoT, and post-OoT like the Hyrule Civil War, Ganondorf's attack on Hyrule Castle from his perspective (all we got to see was Link's perspective in OoT and that wasn't really much), and Ganondorf escaping from the Sacred Realm leading to the events of the Great Flood to tie in OoT and TWW together.

A final boss battle against Link would be something we never seen before and would be interesting.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It may be interesting, but I think I'd rather see a Hyrulian Civil War era Link + Young Ganondorf team up.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
You say that, but here we are with a Zelda delay until 2017. It's a bit ironic
The delay sucks, but with E3 coming soon and this being the 30th anniversary of Zelda, I know Nintendo'll make it up to us somehow. :)
tempting fate tempting fate tempting fate

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I waited almost 9 years for Pikmin 3 so this Zelda wait aint nuthin.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom