• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How many days is the question?

If it's like 6 days then it could probably be referenced towards other game's weekly sales.

Otherwise, while i'm not too knowledgabel about sales, i'm pretty sure that's kind of meh. Not good, but not W101 by any means

Unfortunately that isn't saying much >_>

Also. . .this is obligatory.

Source?
http://www.vgchartz.com/

USA Top Sellers 23rd April 2016
1 WiiU Star Fox Zero 157,609
2 PS4 Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 73,193
3 PS4 Dark Souls III 65,925
4 PS4 Ratchet & Clank 54,595
5 XOne Tom Clancy's The Division 40,693
6 PS4 Tom Clancy's The Division 39,743
7 3DS Bravely Second: End Layer 35,175
8 XOne Quantum Break 23,948
9 XOne Dark Souls III 23,532
10 PS4 MLB 16: The Show

For the record, Xenoblade X sold >200k in it's first month, December in the US. I'm starting to question that number swamp, based on that being a holiday AND an entire month. Xeonblade wasn't selling gangbusters but an entire month vs "Not an entire week"

seems fishy to me
Strange how it isn't on the "Global top seller" list even though that goes as low as 61,865.

Still seems fishy to me.
"or bad RNG lol".
Oh it's definitely RNG

If Hector hits, it is pretty much an instant kill on any non-boss. (And even some bosses). He also never takes any damage from anything. Ever.

But he has like . . .4 speed, skill, and luck at level 17 as an axe user. So he isn't going to be hitting anything anytime soon.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For the record, Xenoblade X sold >200k in it's first month, December in the US. I'm starting to question that number swamp, based on that being a holiday AND an entire month. Xeonblade wasn't selling gangbusters but an entire month vs "Not an entire week"

seems fishy to me
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42484/USA/

Seems to be the only western sales figure I can find. Only Japan has official ones where it sold badly like most Star Fox games do.

Apparently the game didn't do well in the UK and France, but did pretty well in Germany.

Strange how it isn't on the "Global top seller" list even though that goes as low as 61,865.
You're comparing different weeks.

The week you're looking at is for the week before Star Fox.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are clickbait articles on facebook now that "want to verify your age" by downloading an extension

Really? I'm not going to download anything. Rather just not read the clickbait article

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42484/USA/

Seems to be the only western sales figure I can find. Only Japan has official ones where it sold badly like most Star Fox games do.

Apparently the game didn't do well in the UK and France, but did pretty well in Germany.

You're comparing different weeks.

The week you're looking at is for the week before Star Fox.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't/isn't vgchartz notable for, at times, completely making up sales figures? IIRC they're not at all a reliable source for sales figures.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't/isn't vgchartz notable for, at times, completely making up sales figures? IIRC they're not at all a reliable source for sales figures.
Only figures I got...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That Shinobi movie is gonna suck but I'm happy Sega can and will acknowledge it

I'm ecstatic

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
In other news...I only just now beat the Helmasaur King in ALttP...

been a while since I played it after entering the Palace of Darkness, but I decided to push forward today...I have to say though the improvements to this boss in ALBW are quite astounding...the original seem very uneventful in comparison, but the Gemasaur King was one of the most fun bosses I've ever played in a Zelda game...not that the Helmasaur King was a bad boss, mind you...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Decided to go all out for Civil War hype. :p

Also my new sig's gif is my favorite thing right now. Someone mixed BTS Doctor Strange footage with Civil War and it's hilarious.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Decided to go all out for Civil War hype. :p

Also my new sig's gif is my favorite thing right now. Someone mixed BTS Doctor Strange footage with Civil War and it's hilarious.
Is your body ready?
I already saw it, it was great :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is your body ready?
I already saw it, it was great :p
At this point it's just a matter of counting down the days, haha. :p

Had the ending spoiled and don't even care. It somehow made me more hyped. And it's all the sweeter that the Captain America films might just be considered Marvel's strongest trilogy now. Definitely my favorite trilogy, at least. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Had the ending spoiled and don't even care. It somehow made me more hyped. And it's all the sweeter that the Captain America films might just be considered Marvel's strongest trilogy now. Definitely my favorite trilogy, at least. :p
Indeed, I wish Thor steps up its game in Ragnarok.
I heard a heavy spoiler before entering the theater but still I lost my **** after seeing it by myself.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

When you watch it, remember, 2 post credit scenes. And tell me about what you thought of Tom Holland
Not really, I could really do without her having a game.

I would much rather see Ganondorf have his own game. Would be awesome if it was a prequel game of OoT starting from Ganondorf's birth all the way to his defeat at the hands of Link in OoT. Then the ending sequence shows him breaking out of the Sacred Realm and showing the events of the Great Flood. That's a great game right there.
I don't think Ganondorf getting his own game would even really be approved by Nintendo. They pretty much never let you play the villain, and Wario is anti hero eho still ends up doing good deeds every now and then.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey all. Been playing Hyrule Warriors Legends quite a lot... I've completed Legend Mode entirely and unlocked all characters by now.

I'm loving the Wind Waker content, especially the music remixes.

And have I mentioned how this game's roster is simply amazing? Because it is.

The candy in the car was such a giveaway. Like an adult would have that much in his car. :laugh:

I do like how Satoru basically said that he kinda figured it out, but because of how the teacher was a father figure to him, he didn't want to believe it.
Yeah, the candy is the biggest hint, especially the teacher's reaction when Satoru finds it out. Sure, he makes an excuse, but it's one that has LAME written all over it. lol

Overall, I liked the premise of the anime. I always liked crime investigation series and the series puts an interesting twist in it that makes it stand out.

Will do. I'm a fan of the historical fiction genre, so it'll be right up my alley.
You won't regret it.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Apparently Star Fox Zero has sold 157,000 in the US alone.

That good?
It's no Smash, but I don't think it's that bad. Especially considering the small install base. I saw Star Fox ranked 6th in the UK charts, and Wii U games rarely make the UK charts at all.

I'm thinking lifetime sales will end up around 1.5m.

D

Deleted member

Actually teased the idea of having the Temple of Time as a playable stage today. Dunno how it would work but I found the idea intriguing. Maybe something like going back and forth 7 years in time or something.

Someone on the internet who doesn't worship Hector. Today is a good day indeed.

Had the same problems in my previous playthrough of FE7. People seem to blame me for the problem "or bad RNG lol".

I had the same problem in my run. Hector couldn't hit to save his life. People love to bash Roy day and night but hell at least he managed to hit his opponent for me despite his flaws.

It's all a swerve. Linkle is secretly Aryll grown up posing as a female version of her brother. You heard it from me first. :estatic:

Not really, I could really do without her having a game.

I would much rather see Ganondorf have his own game. Would be awesome if it was a prequel game of OoT starting from Ganondorf's birth all the way to his defeat at the hands of Link in OoT. Then the ending sequence shows him breaking out of the Sacred Realm and showing the events of the Great Flood. That's a great game right there.
Hector has a 45% Skl growth, how did you get so screwed? And unless you really got RNG screwed, he should at least serve as a tank with his HP and Def bases and growths
Also, there's no point in hitting if you can't deal damage or survive enemy phase(you-know-who)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As far as VG Chartz goes, they're usually only reliable for a game that's already been out for a while, as they compile official sales data at that point. For a game that just came out like Star Fox, they usually aren't reliable.

Also Ganondorf doesn't really need his own game. Not that it couldn't be cool, but there isn't as much of a tangible reason for why it should happen like with Zelda.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Team Cap looks significantly weaker than Team Iron Man, except for Scarlet Witch who is one of the most powerful Marvel characters

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
CoD Infinite Warfare has space battles.
Star Wars Battlefront EA doesn't.
smh

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>There's a Game Design internship in Ireland that just went up
>But it's in Dublin
>Buses to Dublin are expensive
>I'm broke right now because parents borrowed most of my birthday money
>It's only an internship so pay wise I may not get enough to sustain me going up and down

God damn why do the best job opportunities come at the WORST times?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
jfc why is this site so iffy on certain images as avis. Gravatar's also being stingy
Avatars have a limit of 96 kB. If you upload an image, it shrinks it to 150 pixels width, and if the image is still bigger than 96 kB, it throws an error.

:231:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
bull****, I tried an 18,89 kb thing, didn't work. I may need some help shrinking an image for good quality
I can shrink an image and minimise it's size while retaining quality if you want me to.

Photoshop has feature built for it, I use it all of the time for uploading stuff here.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I can shrink an image and minimise it's size while retaining quality if you want me to.

Photoshop has feature built for it, I use it all of the time for uploading stuff here.
Because my phone is **** it's not working for me, thanks.
Also, holy **** the Sonic Paradox Seaside Denied video is 4 years old. I feel old

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Because my phone is **** it's not working for me, thanks.
Also, holy **** the Sonic Paradox Seaside Denied video is 4 years old. I feel old
Try this, should work fine.

EDIT: Avatar AND Image Uploader seems busted right now. Tried setting it as my own avatar and this happened. Image Uploader isn't accepting anything right now either.

I'd say wait a while longer before changing yours.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Opossum Opossum
Really digging the new avi and sig.
Team Cap forever!
What are those team Iron man people thinking anyway?
That governments can be trusted with control of superheroes?
No sir, I say.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Try this, should work fine.

EDIT: Avatar AND Image Uploader seems busted right now. Tried setting it as my own avatar and this happened. Image Uploader isn't accepting anything right now either.

I'd say wait a while longer before changing yours.
So that explains the error... @Warchamp7, uploader is on fire (again)

:231:

Continuing on Anvil's post

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20160502

We have now confirmed the following release dates for Mighty No. 9: June 21st 2016 (North America & Asia) and June 24th 2016 (World Wide)
Portable versions for PlayStation® Vita and Nintendo 3DS ™ will follow at a later point.
RIP Handheld players.

This better be half decent with all the time it has taken. . .

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Wow that's right around my birthday.

Too bad I never cared about MM9.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom