• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So we're now in the month where CoroCoro is promising real Pokémon Sun & Moon info.

Think we might get something before the CoroCoro leaks?
Probably. Corocoro implied it wouldn't have the first scoop this month, which as Joe Merrick pointed out; it makes sense as the first news for this game would more then likely be world wide.

As for starters, still hoping for Gras Owl and Co to be real, and as each day passes, I become more sure and unsure of their existence.

I just want the grass owl! The fire cat has potential as well.

How are you at 22x with 4 promoted units
Because Florina, Erk, Eliwood, and Lyn can carry all the dead weight that is Dorcas and Oswin (so sloooooooow). Legault (Mattew before I replaced him) and Priscilla are there too I guess.

Unfortunately Lyn is 20 now so I don't like having to use her >_>

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Because Florina, Erk, Eliwood, and Lyn can carry all the dead weight that is Dorcas and Oswin (so sloooooooow). Legault (Mattew before I replaced him) and Priscilla are there too I guess.

Unfortunately Lyn is 20 now so I don't like having to use her >_>
Eliwood carrying someone?

:smirk:
LOL, I'll believe it

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
...Since when do Tigers have manes?
I know they have like a bit of a fluffy looking "face" but it certainly is no mane
When there are design liberties...

I have two long overdue requests for Gen VII:

1) A dolphin Pokémon
2) A Dark-type Gym Leader

Anything else is a bonus.
An Ice wolf...I need my Ice Wolf!!

D

Deleted member

At last, after many tries, i finally did it.

I beat Pikmin 3 with all the fruit and WITHOUT THE LOSS OF A SINGLE PIKMIN.

I already mastered the former, but it took me a while with the latter thanks to the ****ing Plasm Wraith.

Well, guess i can finally scratch one of the Wii U games i revisited...........now onto completing DKC Tropical Freeze once again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
At last, after many tries, i finally did it.

I beat Pikmin 3 with all the fruit and WITHOUT THE LOSS OF A SINGLE PIKMIN.

I alreacy mastered the former, but it took me a while with the latter thanks to the ****ing Plasm Wraith.

Well, guess i can finally scratch one of the Wii U games i revisited...........now onto completing DKC Tropical Freeze once again.
So you didn't do the strat of using exclusively rock pikmin and taking 2 days to beat it

Man who did you murder in a past life to get a bad Hector
Well I didn't have anyone die in Awakening. . .

Maybe he knew I was going to accidentally get Lucius killed and let Dart, Wil die because I didn't care enough about them. Maybe he knew

WITHOUT THE LOSS OF A SINGLE PIKMIN.
Congrats. That sounds like hell

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon I know now your true form.
. . .This guy looks cool. I don't know who he is but I wish I did.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well I didn't have anyone die in Awakening. . .

Maybe he knew I was going to accidentally get Lucius killed and let Dart, Wil die because I didn't care enough about them. Maybe he knew

Congrats. That sounds like hell

. . .This guy looks cool. I don't know who he is but I wish I did.
It kinda isn't. It just takes patience, like a lot of patience (and sometimes it's better to not bring all the Pikmin with you, and bring bomb rocks, lots of bomb rocks)

Oh, and the guy that you are looking at is Zephiel, the main antgonist of FE6 (Roy's game) and:
He is responsible for the Death of Hector in that game.
[/Spoilers]

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Let us all take a moment to appreciate the incredible gut-punching irony of this video in hindsight now that Civil War is all but guaranteed to be a raging success, even before it's U.S. premiere.
What a coincidence guess what news article headline I saw a few hours ago...

Box Office: 'Captain America: Civil War' Nabs 'Avengers'-Sized $200.2M Overseas Debut

:yeahboi:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That reminds me, I should probably get on to reading Civil War.
I got the book but I've been lazy. I at least want to get it done before seeing the movie at least.

http://www.tssznews.com/2016/05/01/sega-greenlights-shinobi-movie/

Huh.

I wonder if Nintendo movies will be out by the time this is done.
So the Scott Pilgrim guy is doing Shinobi? Eh I don't think it's going to be that bad. The only thing I could worry about is that Shinobi isn't exactly the most original of ideas... But then again ninja movies are a dime a dozen in this day and age.

It will hopefully at least be entertaining.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That reminds me, I should probably get on to reading Civil War.
I got the book but I've been lazy. I at least want to get it done before seeing the movie at least.

So the Scott Pilgrim guy is doing Shinobi? Eh I don't think it's going to be that bad. The only thing I could worry about is that Shinobi isn't exactly the most original of ideas... But then again ninja movies are a dime a dozen in this day and age.

It will hopefully at least be entertaining.
It's probably going to be all hipster/ millennial with meme jokes and awkward humor

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just find it completely out of left field.

Besides Sonic, the only SEGA games that stick out to me as having obvious movie potential, are NiGHTS, Shenmue, and Yakuza.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Apparently Star Fox Zero has sold 157,000 in the US alone.

That good?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Welp, time to play this thing and see why Lloyd is such a fanboy magnet.

*watches intro*

Oh my gosh, I feel like I'm turning into more of a weeaboo just watching this. I personally don't mind, but if you think Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus are anime, then WOO this one's gonna give you a wake up call. Full anime starting video complete with awesome sounding song sung in Japanese. I'm literally being treated to an anime opening before I start this.

*starts game*

. . .Narration. *ding*

*sits through opening narration*

. . .Well we're starting off the Grand List Of Console RPG Cliches nicely. *ding*

Plus one for being creative with the application though. Come to think of it, good point, Person-Who-I'm-Almost-Certainly-Finding-Out-The-Identity-Of-As-Soon-As-I-Stop-Talking-And-Go-Back-To-Playing, how the heck DID he pass out standing up? And from the looks of it, in the middle of class. . .while holding water buckets in both hands.

Wait, why is he sitting in the back of a classroom with all th-aw heck, I need to get back to this.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh no, I liked it.

One of the few movies I bought on itunes
Ah I see. I thought it was pretty good! A shinobi movie could work from their director.
I think it's more so movies as a whole. Specifically those that try to be hip with the kidz of today.
Alright, yeah I can understand that.

Side note:

TTG is teaching lessons about property value and equality right now lol.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok, Serris was a bit of a *****....
But dead just like everything else...

at least I'll be able to hear this theme at least one more time though when I come across a certain cybernetic spider that shares it's name with the japanese mafia...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sounds quite weak, which is very disturbing. I guess people just aren't willing to give the motion controls a chance.
Apparently, its only counting the first few days.

And is leagues above Star Fox 64 3D's debut.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Between the voice acting, the character designs, and the exposition coming out of everyone's mouths, Tales of Symphonia is DEFINITELY channeling "anime" for all it's worth. I can't even compare this to all the video games that I've tried before that people accuse of being "anime", this is much closer to actual anime I've watched than any of them. And because I actually like anime and I know that anime is to angry people like holy water is to vampires, I'm loving every minute of it. :awesome:

. . .

. . .Wait, what the heck is with the hole in the wall?!

*EDIT*

. . .Wait, Lloyd is a dwarf?

OKAY then, that's interesting enough.

It's time to do whatever we're supposed to be doing! They've been laying on the cliches quick and fast enough that I suspect the game is trying to get them out of the way so it can spend the rest of the time deconstructing the tropes. I think I heard from TV Tropes binging that Tales games do that or something.

Last edited:
Apparently, its only counting the first few days.

How many days is the question?

If it's like 6 days then it could probably be referenced towards other game's weekly sales.

Otherwise, while i'm not too knowledgabel about sales, i'm pretty sure that's kind of meh. Not good, but not W101 by any means
Unfortunately that isn't saying much >_>

Also. . .this is obligatory.

Source?

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Alright, lemme ask a two-fer. I think I've asked these questions individually at various points, but now let's ask them one after another.

1. What stages would you like to see in Smash in the future?

and

2. Ignoring your answers to the above, what sort of locales/biomes/types of areas would get you pumped for a fight regardless of what series or game they came from?
Actually teased the idea of having the Temple of Time as a playable stage today. Dunno how it would work but I found the idea intriguing. Maybe something like going back and forth 7 years in time or something.
This is the same run the legendary Hector is pretty much relegated to a tank because he can't seem to hit anything.

Stranger things have happened
Someone on the internet who doesn't worship Hector. Today is a good day indeed.

Had the same problems in my previous playthrough of FE7. People seem to blame me for the problem "or bad RNG lol".
Man who did you murder in a past life to get a bad Hector
I had the same problem in my run. Hector couldn't hit to save his life. People love to bash Roy day and night but hell at least he managed to hit his opponent for me despite his flaws.
Linkle should be for realistic Zelda.

Aryll for Toon Zelda.

Linkle is literally realistic, adult Aryll in terms of her head anyway.

It's all a swerve. Linkle is secretly Aryll grown up posing as a female version of her brother. You heard it from me first. :estatic:
Princess Zelda is part of a list of Nintendo characters that I feel are long overdue for a spin-off game.
Not really, I could really do without her having a game.

I would much rather see Ganondorf have his own game. Would be awesome if it was a prequel game of OoT starting from Ganondorf's birth all the way to his defeat at the hands of Link in OoT. Then the ending sequence shows him breaking out of the Sacred Realm and showing the events of the Great Flood. That's a great game right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom