• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Speaking of collaborations...
COULD IT FINALLY BE HAPPENING LADIES AND GENTS!?!
Just as long as they don't go too crazy and make Link a Universe Buster. I can't imagine any Legend of Zelda character being anything stronger than planet busting.

We already know how broken the Final Fantasy series can be at its best.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If there's a Star Wars Warriors game, every enemy needs to make the Wilhelm Scream when you kill them.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wow. This is literally the concept of Link and Cloud having a baby, isn't it?

I don't know if I'd buy it, but I'd sure as heck be sitting to one side eating a bag of popcorn from announcement onwards.

It'd probably sell like hotcakes, too.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
These mostly seem either aesthetic or not really a problem for me, and someone said they patched some stuff.

I'm having a spur of the moment thing, so if it's this or nothing and I have only a couple of hours if that to decide. . .?
In which case go for it. Really is a good game that I'd recommend to anyone that wants a good JRPG.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But Hyrule Fantasy already exists:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want to get into Dragon Quest.

Which game is a good one to start with?

I thought Overwatch Beta was Wednesday night not tomorrow night. PogChamp
Oh god I would need to play so many final fantasy games in a very short timespan if it was in development right now. FF8 alone was ~35 hours ;_;

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just as long as they don't go too crazy and make Link a Universe Buster. I can't imagine any Legend of Zelda character being anything stronger than planet busting.

We already know how broken the Final Fantasy series can be at its best.
But haven't you heard? Cartoon Fight Club states that CDi Link is a dignified Planet Buster. :troll:

Plus Skyward Sword Link fought Demise, who is stated to destroy the very world with his own power.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
But haven't you heard? Cartoon Fight Club states that CDi Link is a dignified Planet Buster. :troll:

Plus Skyward Sword Link fought Demise, who is stated to destroy the very world with his own power.
Rule #1 of Fight Club: You don't talk about Fight Club.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Yet Doge, who supposedly one-shot Chuck Norris, lost to Moshu's bombs. Get the hell out of here!

Fair enough about that last point. Anything that is mentioned in Hyrule Historia is canon, even the official timeline.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to get into Dragon Quest.

Which game is a good one to start with?
DQ 8 is pretty good, and has a dragon Ball Z based edit in the US version. Character goes super saiyan

DQ 9 is a pretty solid version. So much so I bought 2 copies (I thought I lost the first one actually)

Those two are going to be the friendliest to newcomers IMO

Burruni

Smash Hero
Here's a question.
How would you feel if Linkle did appear in a Zelda game, but not in the normal design...

But as part of the "Tooniverse?" She... arguably looks more fitting in it, and hell it'd make more sense with Semi Automatic Twin Crossbows

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
All I want out of most 3rd parties is to just bring all their major franchises to the NX.

A crossover won't sell as many NX's as say Final Fantasy 15 or Kingdom Hearts 3 would.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DQ 8 has characters that are set in their class but their abilities are based on character trees so you can customize your characters that way

DQ 9 is class based like DQ 3 (Which was my favorite Dragon Quest for a long time) where you get generic warriors you customize their appearance and name and choose their class, then later in the game you can change their class over and over to customize them through that.

DQ 8 is more character based while DQ 9 is hired mercenaries you create so they have no character, but you can fully customize how they look

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's a question.
How would you feel if Linkle did appear in a Zelda game, but not in the normal design...

But as part of the "Tooniverse?" She... arguably looks more fitting in it, and hell it'd make more sense with Semi Automatic Twin Crossbows
I would be fine just as long as she's given more personality.

And if Sakurai doesn't name her Toon Linkle in Smash.

. . . I just confused "The Legend of Zelda" and "Hyrule Warriors"

Hence my above post. I for some reason assumed he meant a Final Fantasy Dynasty Warriors. Apparently my brain is off.

8's probably the best.
For good and bad, it's the FF7 of DQ.
It's also the only one i've ever played :awesome:

. . .I didn't understand a single second of it or any of its mechanics and was thus terrible at it:laugh:

Here's a question.

More Toon games = more happiness from Zebei

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Personally I'd just make Linkle a staple in all takes on Zelda. It solves the outcry for a female playable, it also potentially gives two separate stories to each main line Zelda game.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What's worse is when everyone refers to her short-hand as Tinkle.
Tinkle.

That name alone sounds lame and somewhat gross at the same time.

And is a wrong that I have a sudden urge to hug her from that picture alone?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Would anyone get upset if she didn't have her crossbows in each appearance? Or is that her trademark to fame now?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
On the "controversy" surrounding Linkle, I got two words for ya:
Whatthe heckInternet

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Would anyone get upset if she didn't have her crossbows in each appearance? Or is that her trademark to fame now?
I wouldn't mind if they opted out for a different weapon in a canon Zelda game.

But it would cause more fuel to the "female Link clone" fire for Smash.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm mainly glad Linkle might become a thing full time because Zelda is long over due for a newcomer who isn't Link or Zelda in a different disguise/look.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Linkle should be for realistic Zelda.

Aryll for Toon Zelda.

Linkle is literally realistic, adult Aryll in terms of her head anyway.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Here's a question.

I'd love to see that.

I vastly prefer the Toon artstyle compared to the others.

:231:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Personally I'd just make Linkle a staple in all takes on Zelda. It solves the outcry for a female playable, it also potentially gives two separate stories to each main line Zelda game.
Or...y'know let's make Zelda playable...I mean I feel like the Zelda series needs a playable Zelda before we get a playable female Link...

I dunno just a thought...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Or...y'know let's make Zelda playable...I mean I feel like the Zelda series needs a playable Zelda before we get a playable female Link...

Making Zelda playable only works if you make her story and possibly even her gameplay, completely different.

Linkle and Aryll work as a female equivalent to Link because they currently don't have a role and backstory in the extended lore of the franchise. Basically, these two would be used if they simply want to give a a playable female that stands in for Link.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

I mean yeah that'd work for me too. I'd actually prefer that as you could really differ the two plots even further and the abilities between her and Link as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Linkle should be for realistic Zelda.

Aryll for Toon Zelda.

Linkle is literally realistic, adult Aryll in terms of her head anyway.

I can nitpick a lot of stuff about Linkle and Aryll's hairstyles, tbh. (Braided sideburns for one and bunches for the other. :p)

Though I'd prefer if Linkle is in the Toon games too. The more the merrier.

D

Deleted member

Here's a question.

3qt/10
Really though, Linkle should become a staple in the series, Toon or not
But haven't you heard? Zelda HAS been playable before! Which game was it again? Wand of Ganon or something? :troll:
It's called Spirit Tracks actually

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Holy ****. Apparently, Zach Snyder didn't like stuff like Batman Begins, which is completely cool, opinions are a thing. But he didn't like seeing Batman's parents get killed. You CAN'T change that, it's a part of Batman that EVERYONE knows. He also apparently said that Batman should be prison *****. Granted, I'm looking at text without context, but given his record with superhero stuff, can we just slap him on the wrist whenever he tries to touch a superhero thing?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can nitpick a lot of stuff about Linkle and Aryll's hairstyles, tbh. (Braided sideburns for one and bunches for the other. :p)

Though I'd prefer if Linkle is in the Toon games too. The more the merrier.

Of course there are differences, that comes with the fact that they are rendered in completely different styles, one very detailed and one very simplistic.

But it's pretty obvious that Linkle is inspired by Aryll since the original concept art book for HW stated that Linkle was envisioned as a "sister-like" figure for Link.

They probably would have flat out made Linkle Link's sister in HW, if it weren't for the Zelda bible rule of "Link's sister has to be Aryll".

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
But haven't you heard? Zelda HAS been playable before! Which game was it again? Wand of Ganon or something? :troll:
Ah CDi Zelda, how could we not remember that Ganon had the best face in Koridai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom