• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The only good thing about Iron Man's team is that Black Panther is on it and devoted himself to a secondary role to not make everyone else look like pushovers in tights.

Other than that, Team Cap all the way.
*ahem* Tom Holland's performance as Spidey. I don't think anything else needs to be said. That 15 year old could beat the **** out of your team.

In all seriousness, I liked both sides equally

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I really need to see Civil War...... and Batman v Superman.
I have never struggled this much not to look at spoilers since Thor 2.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really need to see Civil War...... and Batman v Superman.
I have never struggled this much not to look at spoilers since Thor 2.
Thor is the only series I wouldn't care if someone spoiled it for me

As far as I'm concerned, it's already spoiled rotten

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Batman Vs. Superman actually wasn't that bad. It's a good film, but it certainly has its flaws.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The last time I heard a medley was in a nightclub

Lady Gaga showed up, sang part of a medley and passed out on stage

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Have you ever had that feeling when you finished watching a Movie and thought: "Man, the story was bad but interesting, I really wish if they had these things in the story, it would've been a lot better."? Well I did, and it was actually Felix the Cat the Movie. I felt like it would've been better if the war was more about "Fighting for the Future Civilization" if Zill was fighting for a More Mechanical Future while his Royal brother was fighting for a different kind of Civilization, Oriana (Think that's her name) not using the transporter because she didn't thought of any use for it, that Southern bearded guy being in that one gang because he thinks getting payed would help his land get better, other things that would make the story more interesting (For me). Do you have a moment like that, and what movie was it?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Have you ever had that feeling when you finished watching a Movie and thought: "Man, the story was bad but interesting, I really wish if they had these things in the story, it would've been a lot better."? Well I did, and it was actually Felix the Cat the Movie. I felt like it would've been better if the war was more about "Fighting for the Future Civilization" if Zill was fighting for a More Mechanical Future while his Royal brother was fighting for a different kind of Civilization, Oriana (Think that's her name) not using the transporter because she didn't thought of any use for it, that Southern bearded guy being in that one gang because he thinks getting payed would help his land get better, other things that would make the story more interesting (For me). Do you have a moment like that, and what movie was it?
Kamen Rider Ghost is making me kick myself the more I watch it, does that count?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I call bull****. That would imply anyone here was capable of having a social life
Well, I only go out when other people want to do something, I don't usually go to places by myself. And I usually only end up talking to people I know, not really meeting new people.

I guess in some vague way that's a social life

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This has something for everyone here. Fur imblm, S&MT, Etrian Oddity, Quest 360, Xenomorph Chronicles, Vinyl Vantasy, Nepnep, Silver Sun. Damn
It's not everyone until I see Phantasy Star. :troll:

I did have flashbacks on a few of these, though. Not as many as most people, but there were some moments.

D

Deleted member

This has something for everyone here. Fur imblm, S&MT, Etrian Oddity, Quest 360, Xenomorph Chronicles, Vinyl Vantasy, Nepnep, Silver Sun. Damn
Did someone say Etrian Odyssey?
>End of Raging Waves
11/10
Needs some Chrono Trigger though

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Pixels, while I didn't downright hate it like everyone else, there's no doubt it could have been much better. Even if it was done in Futurama, I LOVE the concept.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And on THAT note, I went to check Steam. II was the Phantasy Star I've tried, but I cheated and looked through the entire strategy guide a long time ago and found out it had a downer ending and ever since then I've never really felt compelled to actually beat it. III I heard has nothing to do with anything, but I miiiight consider picking up IV. . .

*sees recommended games*

Hahahahahahahaahhaaaaa, they're seriously charging more for the 8-bit Final Fantasies than the 3D ones? I thought they looked overpriced just by themselves on mobile, but they're charging less for Cloud's game than the un-remastered version of Cecil's?

*looks further*

Oh hey look, it's that one game that has that Lloyd guy that everybody seems to love in it.

. . .Half off? . . .eh, I'll think about it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Even though it's too late, I'll give you all my most wanted stages:

Bowser's Castle
Royal Road
Cookie Country
Stylish Catwalk
Remix (Rhythm Heaven)
Primordia
Battlefield of Fates (Fire Emblem Chapter 6 scene)
City Escape
Lightning (F-Zero)
Thunder Cloud Temple
Rainbow Road
Tropical Freeze
Sky Town Elysia
Forsaken Fortress
Pac-Village (Pac-Man World 2)
Naaco-Museum (Think Game & Watch, but with old Namco games)
Macbeth (Star Fox 64)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Batman vs Superman and because it's still really recent I'll spoiler tag it:
Doomsday. Get rid of anything and everything to do with that. No one with any self respect would have Doomsday in the SECOND DCEU/Superman film if they are fully aware of why he's even famous in the first place.

Batman and Superman should not have teamed up just because Superman says "Martha" making Batman realise Superman had a human mother. Batman is supposed to be the World's Greatest Detective. Lois tracked Supes down to his mother in MoS but Batman can't in BvS? I'm calling bull****. They should have teamed up because they realised that Lex was manipulating them both and that they both wanted Justice in the end.

Wonder Woman and the whole JL set-up is unnecessary. Relegate it to post credit scenes to do with Batman going through files he got from Luthor's database when he hacked it.

Don't ****ing kill Jimmy Olsen within a few minutes of his appearance. Also we only knew that was Jimmy Olsen because the credits said so.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, uh, this sale I'm pretty sure is almost over. Someone convince me whether I should pick up the Lloyd game before it doubles in price. I should probably be interested, but I need a final push.

Also will it work on a laptop?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So we're now in the month where CoroCoro is promising real Pokémon Sun & Moon info.

Think we might get something before the CoroCoro leaks?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Because people didn't reply before. :awesome:
You guys already know how I feel about KS.

However I can and will donate, ONLY if I can see some gameplay footage.

Can't just donate on promises alone, I need to see some work and the game in action instead of conceptual art

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So we're now in the month where CoroCoro is promising real Pokémon Sun & Moon info.

Think we might get something before the CoroCoro leaks?
Even if we do, no one should really believe it until the coro coro leaks.

We're probably going to get a bunch of last minute fakes.

We've gotten fakes even the last day until coro coro leaked before

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah, uh, this sale I'm pretty sure is almost over. Someone convince me whether I should pick up the Lloyd game before it doubles in price. I should probably be interested, but I need a final push.

Also will it work on a laptop?
I seem to remember the PC port of Symphonia getting lots of flak for being a really bad, lazy port.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I seem to remember the PC port of Symphonia getting lots of flak for being a really bad, lazy port.
Well it DOES say it's getting mixed reviews, with several reviews commenting on that. I'm just wondering because it's late on a Sunday, this thing is 50% off from a weekend sale, and the way Namco rep suggesters talk about him his game must be some kind of miracle candy or something.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well it DOES say it's getting mixed reviews, with several reviews commenting on that. I'm just wondering because it's late on a Sunday, this thing is 50% off from a weekend sale, and the way Namco rep suggesters talk about him his game must be some kind of miracle candy or something.
The game itself is great but the port is below par.
This covers the issues with the port I guess:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178556

D

Deleted member

So, which of the Japan exclusive FE games should I play first? Gaiden, Gnealogy or Thracia
And on THAT note, I went to check Steam. II was the Phantasy Star I've tried, but I cheated and looked through the entire strategy guide a long time ago and found out it had a downer ending and ever since then I've never really felt compelled to actually beat it. III I heard has nothing to do with anything, but I miiiight consider picking up IV. . .

*sees recommended games*

Hahahahahahahaahhaaaaa, they're seriously charging more for the 8-bit Final Fantasies than the 3D ones? I thought they looked overpriced just by themselves on mobile, but they're charging less for Cloud's game than the un-remastered version of Cecil's?

*looks further*

Oh hey look, it's that one game that has that Lloyd guy that everybody seems to love in it.

. . .Half off? . . .eh, I'll think about it.
Simple, that's because IV>VII
I just realized. I finally have time to watch Rick and Morty.
Do it. Do it! Pull the trigger ************! Pull the ****ing trigger

Burruni

Smash Hero
I just realized. I finally have time to watch Rick and Morty.
Looks like you're gonna, gonna *urp* have a hell of a ride.

Edit: "How much of a [redacted] does a character have to be in order to get me to side with someone who is half Hitler in a fight?"
The things this series makes people say.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
How come we have no Pac-Man World 2 music in Smash?
Seriously, how?
Because nostalgia sells in Namco's eyes. :(

The Pac-Man World games were great too, even if they didn't sell well. It's not like it's bad as Ghostly Adventures.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Speaking of collaborations...
COULD IT FINALLY BE HAPPENING LADIES AND GENTS!?!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Speaking of collaborations...
COULD IT FINALLY BE HAPPENING LADIES AND GENTS!?!
A) there's no evidence
b) looking up "Hyrule Fantasy" only came up with romhacks and an official boardgame only in japan from the late 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom