• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My heart goes out to you.
However, I argue that Leaf's upgraded guard and uppercut can still perform well enough for bosses...
Though "well enough" doesn't always stand well against Soul bosses.
I just don't like using Leaf, feels too sluggish and the uppercut's pitifully weak from my experience. I beat Dark Meta Knight with no ability and I beat Soul of Sectonia 1 without an ability. I felt heartbroken when I found out Dark Meta Knight's stars didn't give Sword anymore too. After that, I lost half of my health to Kracko, tried again, got decimated by Flowery Woods and don't get me started on that piece of **** Pyribbit

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I prefer the mushroom island biome but i also like ice spike plains.

Nether and ender also make interesting biomes
I wanted to make a Zoo Tycoon joke about this because that's where I picked up the term and Minecraft merely expanded it's application to the way I was using it, but then I realized that Minecraft has nearly all of the biomes ZT has and that the ones you listed are way cooler than any of them.

2-I'd like to see some snow based levels(not ice for stupid physics), possibly also with a snowstorm in effect(*hint hint*)
Also, somewhere that has constant rain
So basically Phendrana Drifts and Tallon IV Landing site

Please sakurai, i'm begging you. More Prime stages that aren't just the tutorial area you spend 5 minutes in

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The stages I want:

-New:
Bowser's Castle
Ganon's Castle
Crocodile Isle
Gangplank Galleon
The Flying Krock
Mt. Dedede
Another Dimension
Eternal Dream Land

-Old:
Fountain of Dreams
Fourside
New Pork City

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Please sakurai, i'm begging you. More Prime stages that aren't just the tutorial area you spend 5 minutes in
Honestly, this reminds me of a reason Pyrosphere pisses me off. "I want to include stuff from newer games in the series" That's a fair argument Sakurai said. But why did we get a stage from the most hated Metroid game which also has an unfun gimmick unfitting for a beloved character? New game. Yet Coliseum is the Arena stuff, which wasn't used since Shadow Dragon. And the new Kirby stage was from a game that's about 20 years old. It's bull****, Prime is the best selling game in the entire franchise, yet Other M oh so desperately needed ALL the attention. They didn't even give one of the few good things in Other M a ****ing trophy

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Honestly, this reminds me of a reason Pyrosphere pisses me off. "I want to include stuff from newer games in the series" That's a fair argument Sakurai said. But why did we get a stage from the most hated Metroid game which also has an unfun gimmick unfitting for a beloved character? New game. Yet Coliseum is the Arena stuff, which wasn't used since Shadow Dragon. And the new Kirby stage was from a game that's about 20 years old. It's bull****, Prime is the best selling game in the entire franchise, yet Other M oh so desperately needed ALL the attention. They didn't even give one of the few good things in Other M a ****ing trophy
And the worst part is that the Other M stage they chose is another thing with lava.

I'm tired of lava for Metroid and jungles for DK!

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Alright, lemme ask a two-fer. I think I've asked these questions individually at various points, but now let's ask them one after another.

1. What stages would you like to see in Smash in the future?

and

2. Ignoring your answers to the above, what sort of locales/biomes/types of areas would get you pumped for a fight regardless of what series or game they came from?
1) Bowser's Castle, Gang-Plank Galleon, Ganon's Tower, Literally anywhere on Talon IV, Thorntail Hollow, Distortion World, Inkopolis, Nintendo Floats, and I'm sure I can think of a few more if I put my mind to it.

2) Places with weather effects like snow, rain, sand, etc. Weather just adds a nice touch to stages.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Arena was in FE12, ya know.
Which came out in 2010.
Infact, just a little over a month before Other M.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm still trying to figure out where that purple ooze on Pyrosphere came from . . .
Ivan Ooze invaded the Metroid Universe and called Pyrosphere home. He even conjured up his own version of Ridley to guard the place hence the ****ty looking model.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Alright, lemme ask a two-fer. I think I've asked these questions individually at various points, but now let's ask them one after another.

and

2. Ignoring your answers to the above, what sort of locales/biomes/types of areas would get you pumped for a fight regardless of what series or game they came from?
Question 1:
Something based on the Zelda Wii U overworld
Rosalina's Comet Observatory (assuming they never make it her Final Smash, like it should be)
Bowser's Castle
Sauria (based on the level in Star Fox: Assault)
Sky Sanctuary Zone (I could come up with a whole list of Sonic stages I would like but this is the main one for me)
Destiny Islands (Kingdom Hearts)
Tower of Fate (Shovel Knight)
Glade of Dreams (Rayman)
Ambrosia (Professor Layton)
Oz (Codename STEAM)

Question 2:
My answer isn't necessarily related to Smash, but when it comes to game locations, I tend to really like large, grassy, open plains with a lot in them:

Or European inspired cities:

Space in general (sci-fi/or fantastical - not gonna show pictures since it's fairly self-explanatory)

Sky levels (fairly self-explantory - floating islands, ruins, and airship fleets)

Or ethereal dreamscapes:

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

BOWSER'S CASTLE?!?

I guess the castle part of the Paper Mario stage might count for something, but really. There are now two Bowser-like characters in Smash :4bowser: :4bowserjr:(and even more if you count the Koopaling alts)
Why don't they have a home stage? An airship storm stage would also be fitting in addition.

----

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

and

1. Mostly glaring ommisions
    1. Any Bowser stage - Bowser's Castle, Bowser's Galaxy Reactor, etc.
    2. A Warioware stage located in Diamond City (and non-gimmicky)
    3. Any K. Rool stage - like Gangplank Galleon.
    4. A Golden Sun stage - like Venus Lighthouse
  2. A snowy forest stage, or may be an underwater stage.
:231:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Stages I want to see in the future?

- Bowser's Castle (and no, that bull**** third part of the Paper Mario stage doesn't count)
- Victory Road
- New York City Bike Route (taking place on a floating platform that follows Doc Louis' bike route in the training scene)
- Koholint Island
- Grima
- The Lady Liberty
- Gluglug Lagoon
- Inkopolis (Touring stage that goes to various maps)

All of which have varying degrees of likelihood, but dammit I want them all.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/05/01/project-x-zone-removed-from-nintendo-3ds-eshop/

Uh oh

Seems like a bad move, especially for those who bought the game but don't currently have it installed.
http://nintendoeverything.com/original-project-x-zone-removed-from-the-3ds-eshop/

(Conveniently located by the Source link)

You can still redownload the game. That artcile isn't updated. The source is though. So it isn't that bad.

While the re-download button doesn’t display in the individual listing, you can currently grab the software again by visiting your list of “Redownloadable Software” on 3DS eShop

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Good lord, my friend sent me this and it was so accurate

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey guys, do you remember the game idea that me and a few people were working on?

Would you be willing to give some money to a kickstarter if it ever happened?
Because people didn't reply before. :awesome:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Because people didn't reply before. :awesome:
No point asking us that now because the whole point of crowdfunding is that you post as well constructed a pitch as possible, and hope people take interest.

Can't back something when I don't know what it is.

But in general, I don't have the money to back another Kickstarter at the current time.

I'd also suggest not just automatically going to Kickstarter, as they take a percent of your funding if it goes through. Research other crowdfunding sites and find the best rates.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So thanks to Nibroc on twitter I finally got to see what the other members of Star Wolf are wearing.. And I promptly did this:

There are a few differences, I had to improvise again with his lower half so I ket it thematically similar to Wolf, and I made his kneepads derivative of the shoulder pads he has on his coat. I love this design so much. It puts his Assault look to shame (which I have also made a sprite of before).

Xzone may just be UMVC3 DLC all over again

Once the licensing runs out . . .well. Game Over. I would assume Capcom/Sega/Namco would have the business sense to have a contract lasting longer than a few years, but I suppose it is a possibility.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Xzone may just be UMVC3 DLC all over again

Once the licensing runs out . . .well. Game Over. I would assume Capcom/Sega/Namco would have the business sense to have a contract lasting longer than a few years, but I suppose it is a possibility.
Weren't Shuma Gorath and Jill no longer available after a while?
Deciding to try wrap up a project, when suddenly...

Ech.
omg. I think I have this movie. This is the one with the magic talking skateboard, right?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

and

1.) Bowser's Castle
Band Land (Rayman)
City Escape (Sonic)
Aurum Island (Kid Icarus)
Venom (Star Fox) (not the old stage, a new one)
Inkopolis (Splatoon)

2.) I'm always a fan of grassy stages (Windy Hill, Gaur Plains, etc.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Customer brought in a potentially stolen, modified government check of $3,600+ today.

I caught it...mostly because it was obvious.

I don't get how she thought she'd get away with it.

Even if I didn't catch it, someone down the chain would. And her social would be tied to it

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Deciding to try wrap up a project, when suddenly...

Ech.
JonTron is great and all, but ever since the he started using sets, I've been enjoying his videos less and less. I have a weird feeling against using sets in YouTube videos that I can't really explain.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
It's because you're team Cap and not team Spidey
The only good thing about Iron Man's team is that Black Panther is on it and devoted himself to a secondary role to not make everyone else look like pushovers in tights.

Other than that, Team Cap all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom