• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

AreJay25 AreJay25 I FOUND OUT SOMETHING AMAZING!

YOU DON'T NEED THE AMIIBO TO GET THE UFO!

Well, you need to complete the game 100%, but still.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

"I hope you are ready for that feature length experience with the doctor."
No me gusta.

And yes, I've changed my avatar to reflect how badly that scene sucked in the PPG reboot.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, sometimes short films can be just as good as feature length and sometimes better

It all depends on who's directing it

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Too bad someone made a better version of that face already.

Waluigi hates this, no me gusta!
Funny how people complain that the show is using memes as humor, yet it becomes a meme itself.

And now I miss Brawl in the Family thanks to you.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Funny how people complain that the show is using memes as humor, yet it becomes a meme itself.

And now I miss Brawl in the Family thanks to you.
I'm going to go ahead and share the active Tumblr comics I've found in case that helps any. Nothing can replace BitF in our hearts, but if you want a little something you can check in on once in a while then maybe these will be nice.

Final Smash! - A Super Smash Bros Comic
Omega Mode - A Smash Bros Comic
The Smash Four

Oh, and that last one doesn't get much attention, either. The first two have something of a reputation around here and can be found relatively quickly on Tumblr itself just looking for them, but that last one is something I haven't seen be brought up much. It's got kind of a cute, personal feel to it, way moreso than Omega Mode even.

If anyone knows of some others to add to that list, feel free to tell me about them. I know Smash Party Comic was a thing at one point, but the last time I checked it had been dead for a while.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Kim Possible is retro now. That's not even from the 90's. That's from 2000's

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm going to go ahead and share the active Tumblr comics I've found in case that helps any. Nothing can replace BitF in our hearts, but if you want a little something you can check in on once in a while then maybe these will be nice.

The Smash Four

Oh, and that last one doesn't get much attention, either. The first two have something of a reputation around here and can be found relatively quickly on Tumblr itself just looking for them, but that last one is something I haven't seen be brought up much. It's got kind of a cute, personal feel to it, way moreso than Omega Mode even.

If anyone knows of some others to add to that list, feel free to tell me about them. I know Smash Party Comic was a thing at one point, but the last time I checked it had been dead for a while.
Sweet, thanks for the comic recommendations. I'm definitely starting to like the Final Smash! one out of the three.

Got to love the uninviting looks the Assist Trophies are giving Little Mac. Especially Shadow and Waluigi.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The Smash Four

So I started reading Final Smash since I've seen a few of the comics get posted, and oh my god.

I laughed unreasonably hard at this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
User was warned for this post
So I started reading Final Smash since I've seen a few of the comics get posted, and oh my god.

I laughed unreasonably hard at this.
That's Zelda's victory quote from Wands of Gamelon!

-Image removed-

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey guys, do you remember the game idea that me and a few people were working on?

Would you be willing to give some money to a kickstarter if it ever happened?

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, do you remember the game idea that me and a few people were working on?

I'm not the type of person to fund Kickstarters (as hyped as I was for games like Mighty No. 9 and Bloodstained when they were first announced), but if I were, I'd consider it since it sounds like an interesting concept.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Got into an argument about weather Rey was a Mary Sue or not on Youtube

I think by the strict definition of "Mary Sue" she's totally one

"an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities. Often this character is recognized as an author insert or wish-fulfillment.

She comes from humble beginnings as a poor scavenger on a backwards nowhere planet yet even for the fact she's probably malnourished she's exceptionally skilled in piloting and mechanics, not to mention physically able.

She is whisked away on an adventure, where though magical abilities she discovers she has (And seemingly instantly masters) She saves the day and beats a sith lord with a weapon she's never used before but he's trained in a good chunk of his life.

Edit: I just had to argue for Kylo Ren and I don't like Kylo Ren...

Edit 2:

Probably, but no project I've ever donated money to has EVER come into fruition.

Most I got was a mighty no 9 t-shirt

I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to give.

Maybe $20. Maybe whatever tier gets the game

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The term "Mary Sue" has lost its meaning. Rey isn't the biggest offender in that definition. There are other characters who can fall under that title.

More of my problem with TFA is that it takes one too many pages from A New Hope. It played itself a bit too safe at certain points in the film.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The term "Mary Sue" has lost its meaning. Rey isn't the biggest offender in that definition. There are other characters who can fall under that title.

More of my problem with TFA is that it takes one too many pages from A New Hope. It played itself a bit too safe at certain points in the film.
Well, the only reason I bothered arguing is because people were saying that "Saying Rey is a Mary Sue is sexist"

I didn't have any problem with Rey, but she sounds pretty Mary Sue to me. Luke and Aniken are pretty Mary Sue as well

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I watched Civil War yesterday, I'll leave my thoughts here
HOLY **** THAT WAS GREAT
It was mostly fight scenes but I don't care that's why I went to watch it in the first place
I loved the whole 5 seconds Spider-Man was onscreen, same for Ant-Man, a little disappointed that, well, they basically only showed up for five seconds
Really liked Black Panther though, especially his design
Also, Zemo, he was a great antagonist. I mean, I think he was, like, the first antagonist in any of these movies with an actual motivation
And a good plan too, as complicated as it was, I guess it worked

Things I didn't like:
-Vision: holy **** someone please take this thing out of these movies. He's perfect, no one can beat him, that isn't fun to watch
-Cap's "right": there's no justification for his position regarding the Accord, they have to take responsibilities for their actions but Cap acts as if he's above the law, yet the movie tries to pass his side as the "right" one. All because of the true american freedom

Still, it was a great movie overall, I give it a "Elizabeth Olsen's upskirt shot"/10

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So, I watched Civil War yesterday, I'll leave my thoughts here
HOLY **** THAT WAS GREAT
It was mostly fight scenes but I don't care that's why I went to watch it in the first place
I loved the whole 5 seconds Spider-Man was onscreen, same for Ant-Man, a little disappointed that, well, they basically only showed up for five seconds
Really liked Black Panther though, especially his design
Also, Zemo, he was a great antagonist. I mean, I think he was, like, the first antagonist in any of these movies with an actual motivation
And a good plan too, as complicated as it was, I guess it worked

Things I didn't like:
-Vision: holy **** someone please take this thing out of these movies. He's perfect, no one can beat him, that isn't fun to watch
-Cap's "right": there's no justification for his position regarding the Accord, they have to take responsibilities for their actions but Cap acts as if he's above the law, yet the movie tries to pass his side as the "right" one. All because of the true american freedom

Still, it was a great movie overall, I give it a "Elizabeth Olsen's upskirt shot"/10
I'm not going to lie, after watching Civil War, Loki, Punisher, Fisk and Zemo are probably my favourite MCU villains.

The movie trying to sell Cap's side as being 'right' shouldn't come as any surprise tbh. Its a Captain America movie first and foremost after all.

Also...

>Vision
>Perfect

This man is going to get his ass beat so hard by time IW comes around, don't you worry about that :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
But Scarlet Witch beat Vision's ass pretty hard when Hawkeye came along to get her out.
And this basically signed Vision's death warrant:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Let us all take a moment to appreciate the incredible gut-punching irony of this video in hindsight now that Civil War is all but guaranteed to be a raging success, even before it's U.S. premiere.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But Scarlet Witch beat Vision's *** pretty hard when Hawkeye came along to get her out.
And this basically signed Vision's death warrant:
She only pushed him downwards, and that required a lot of her power and gave them an advantage of "enough to recruit Ant-Man and neet up with Cap", in a standard fight, he can't be beaten
But well, at least Thanos will get rid of him, I guess

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've been wanting to play Metroid:Fusion at some point and was actually tempted to download an emulator to play it (since I actually have no other way to play it), but have no idea how well it will play on keyboard...

I wish Nintendo will just release it to Virtual Console, since they already added Zero Mission and Super...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've been wanting to play Metroid:Fusion at some point and was actually tempted to download an emulator to play it (since I actually have no other way to play it), but have no idea how well it will play on keyboard...

I wish Nintendo will just release it to Virtual Console, since they already added Zero Mission and Super...
US still doesn't have it? Damn. Makes me almost pity you guys

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
US still doesn't have it? Damn. Makes me almost pity you guys
Now you're making me think we do have it...so I'm gonna have to double check...

Edit: yep, ignore me I'm a dummy...shows much I pay attention to eshop releases...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finally beat Conquest Hard
And who will get the final blow?

Well, technically Xander but still, this is exactly what I need to kill him
Deaths I didn't reset for because lol Endgame: Shura(miscalculation on my part ;_;), Sophie, Pitercy, Benny(got hit by Takumi's waves, rip best General) and Elise(was paired with Benny when he died)
Other deaths: Azura, Nyx and Siegbert
Now, onto Lunatic!

Uh, Fusion is on the Wii U Eshop though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom