• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
"But guys, Corrin will never happen because there's too many Fire Emblem characters."

> Adds Corrin

"Well **** you Sakurai and Fire Emblem can **** itself!"

True story. And I remembered when Fumi briefly named himself as the Smash DLC prophet.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Most of you doing the mocking were the ones who said most of that stuff.
Hey, I'll own up to it: I believed people when they said Villager wasn't going to get in, because the evidence (at the time) was there.

I still find it funny how wrong we all were, though.

A few people took it really badly and ranted about how horrible casual characters being in the game was because they were wasting space that could go towards "cool" fighters.

I was just sitting there enjoying that Mega Man was going to be in and not really minding.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Most of you doing the mocking were the ones who said most of that stuff.
Hooray for my cynical consistency!

This is akin to looking in a middle school yearbook and laughing/cringing to your Hot Topic phase.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Roy will never come back they said.

Mewtwo will not come back they said.

Chrom and the Chorus Kids are playable they said.
Assist Trophies will never be playable they said...

Oh wait...*cries in a corner*

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Zygarde is now available via Wi-Fi for Pokémon X/Y/ΩR/αS in North America & Europe.

Obviously to get you ready for its upcoming new forms.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
"But guys, Corrin will never happen because there's too many Fire Emblem characters."

> Adds Corrin

"Well **** you Sakurai and Fire Emblem can **** itself!"

True story. And I remembered when Fumi briefly named himself as the Smash DLC prophet.
The fandom would be on suicide watch if another Fire Emblem character were added. But there's no telling when Nintendo would force Sakurai to do it again since it's "a major IP" now.

Now THAT was obnoxious...

Poor winner...
Tell me about it. Fumi Chan Got Smash 4 DLC Right was arguably the worst part of the post-DLC release along with the inevitable breakdown of Wolf, Ice Climbers, Bandanna Dee, and K. Rool's groups.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And how could I forget this little gem:

Nowadays it's a joke, but there was a time where this was considered a legit argument with some holding.

We have weird straws sometimes.
To be fair, with what evidence we did have then, it was a rather reasonable assumption. Shulk did look a bit like Mac.

We weren't being idiots. Just limited information and a good deal of skepticism made us believe it.

:231:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Or the claims of Bowser Junior being a Diddy Kong Brawl hack.

And the denial about Ganondorf coming back as a clone again. Those were the days.
The only good thing about the ESRB leak is that it made my rection to Mewtwo's (and Lucas and Roy's) return all the more exciting.

I wish I could find the Pic of the Day that was posted for Rayman's trophy on here to see everyone's reaction to it

I still remember the 4chan reaction and everyone flipped their **** and it was hilarity and madness

GameFAQs was the same but then there was old interview that Ubisoft Canada said that Rayman was in the game as a fighter and everyone on there said it was legit
@APC99's post about the Rayman trophy sums it up perfectly:
APC99 said:
There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

This is a place where the trailer reveals Dr. Kawashima and Pichu. Roy is a stage hazard on Pyrosphere. Meta Knight and Wario switch movesets. Mewtwo is an item, and Ridley is Ness' new recovery. Nothing makes sense any more.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
....*Ahem*

Im actually upset that Mac didn't start a trend where we could have gotten Atleast one more AT promotion
Fine...

Assist Trophies will never be playable in the same game they said...

*still cries*

Last edited:
Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I remember when I actually managed to predict the April Direct. Probably the only thing in Smash 4 speculation that I predicated that wasn't nearly universally agreed on.

:094:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I remember predicting :4megaman:, :4littlemac: and :4pacman: on separate occasions, does that make me the Smash 4 prophet?
Inb4 you call yourself Cyberphoenix Got Smash 4 Newcomers Right.

And Brash the Bear was a shoo-in they he said. :troll:

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
"The Black Knight is the rival of Chrom"

Man has it been that long since I played awakening I forgot who Chrom's REAL rival was?

:troll:
All the bloody Fire Emblem characters look the same, it's easy to get confused.

thanks, I fixed it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I remember predicting :4megaman:, :4littlemac: and :4pacman: on separate occasions, does that make me the Smash 4 prophet?
The reward of being the new Captain Obvious.

I still predicted :4mii::4palutena:&:4shulk:along with the other 3 and I still don't get my awards because they were obvious.

I mean I've defended Cloud on here in multiple occasions and said he'll be the main guy in Smash if Square-Enix ever got a rep but nope. No respect at all

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chronobound thought that Roy was going to get in Smash 4 ever since 2008 2013. Roy prophet confirmed :4feroy:

EDIT: My mistake, it was 2013, not 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ruto and Summoning gate complete.
Four more damn weapons...
Cutlass, Sail, Ocarina, and Mask.

Ocarina I've been putting off for so long BECAUSE I'VE STILL NOT FOUND A GOOD SPOT TO FARM YOUNG LINK'S DROPS

Edit:
I predicted :4wiifit: so what does that make me? :troll:
Sal Romano's source.
Gematsu Leaker found

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I predicted the Geno Mii costume....

I'll take my cookie now...

Edit:
Sal Romano's source.
Gematsu Leaker found
Can't be. I had no idea what the **** "Shulk" "Chrom" or "Chorus kids" were. :(

EDIT . . .I now realize those were the three things Sal got "wrong." Chrom/Chorus kids might be cut and #MonadoMonday. **** I Might actually be the gematsu leaker. . .

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Brash the Bear was a shoo-in damn it! Sakurai just hates Donkey Kong Country 3 and knew he had so many requests only to turn them down. It makes me so mad that I can just...

Cheer up love. At least the furry bloke is playable in the new Mario Kart. You can just download him easily and vent your anti-Smash frustrations out.

:troll:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, I think my talent with character predictions is having gut feelings and ignoring them.

"Gee, isn't Greninja something that's pretty cool to think about having in the Smash universe? A giant ninja frog, crawling down the wall in front of you, shrouded in darkness. . .

. . .That's gonna be a pretty cool Pokeball summon, alright."

*a few months later*

"Hey, now that I saw Dark Pit in that trailer, he WOULD be pretty fun to see interact with Smash characters, wouldn't he? His juvenile tryhard attitude, acting like a bit of a jerk but never really taken seriously by anyone. . .

. . .That's gonna be a fun alternate character for Pit, alright."

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Hindsight being what it is it's easy to look back on previous speculation and think what a bunch of jackasses we were for thinking something that would not end up happening. Sakurai is a human being and it's natural that his viewpoint on something can change (Villager). I.e. We all had a bunch of characters in mind that we were sure were going to be included in the game that didn't become playable (or even worse didn't see the light of day) and characters we were sure that were going to get axed that ended up coming back. Nonetheless, you can still look back on some of these decisions and just question the reasoning and/or sanity of said decision; whether it be a character inclusion or a character non-inclusion (for the sake of not being embroiled in a 3 page flame war with several different users I won't elaborate any further). That being said I do respect Sakurai's work over the years for this series.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be fair, with what evidence we did have then, it was a rather reasonable assumption. Shulk did look a bit like Mac.

We weren't being idiots. Just limited information and a good deal of skepticism made us believe it.

:231:
Fair enough, but I do think hindsight has also taken quite the toll on it.
Don't get me wrong I was debating it like everyone else was, but even I have to admit that nowadays I can see why it's become a joke.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Crickey! I was taking a stroll through 4Chan and found an interesting Smash leak. The next game will definitely be on the NX and is an expansion of Smash Wii U/3DS. One of the first newcomers is one from a beloved quirky RPG that many of you wanted to see on the Wii U eShop. He may have been killed, but his requests were enough to bring him back from the dead to meet his [redacted] in Smash.

PAPYRUS IS BAD TO THE BONE!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aww great not another doctor clone rabble rabble rabble >:V

A real Daisy alt plz

Crickey! I was taking a stroll through 4Chan and found an interesting Smash leak. The next game will definitely be on the NX and is an expansion of Smash Wii U/3DS. One of the first newcomers is one from a beloved quirky RPG that many of you wanted to see on the Wii U eShop. He may have been killed, but his requests were enough to bring him back from the dead to meet his [redacted] in Smash.

PAPYRUS IS BAD TO THE BONE!
Whoah there, avoid the spoilers will ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom