• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I went on 4chan to get any new gaming news and there's absolutely nothing but the Crash in Uncharted 4 thread and it's a ****post city there especially when people are crapping on Crash as well

I lost all faith in life.

Also I hope Crash isn't gonna be made by Naughty Dog if the reboot is real. None of the original guys are even there and none of them with the love for series especially considering they don't want to do those type of games
I wouldn't mind seeing Crash come back.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wouldn't mind seeing Crash come back.
Bro, I would trade in my Xbox One for a PS4 just to play a new Crash game.

It'll be a dream come true considering the childhood history I have with the orange marsupial

Nah man, you gotta have the full leak spectrum. We can't ignore the Palutena leak, ESRB, Shovel Knight, and my forever favorite "leak": Rayman.
You might wanna spoiler that last one.

People are still upset over it and let's just not open up those old wounds.

D

Deleted member

Nah man, you gotta have the full leak spectrum. We can't ignore the Palutena leak, ESRB, Shovel Knight, and my forever favorite "leak": Rayman.
Those leaks/rumors may have been just as relevant, but for me, the one that i always remember, is the Gematsu Leak, mostly because that one lasted for a big amount of time (it started a before E3 2013 and ended on July 14 of 2014).

Sure the Rayman rumor is something that a lot of people remember, but that lasted only a day (or a night,). Althoguh i must say, that was the only Valentines Day that i ever enjoyed (all thanks to Artsy Omni).

The Palutena images kinda overlapped with the Gematsu rumor in a way, so i sort of count them as well (even though those images were completely unrelated to the Gematsu Leak).

I never believed on the Shovel Knight Leak, not even once.

But the ESRB leak...........

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
People are still upset over it and let's just not open up those old wounds.
People will find any excuse to be upset. A cow getting married to a chewed pencil on Mars will make at least 1% of the human race upset in some way, shape, or form.

You can't win.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sometimes i get flashbacks to the arguments about the Gematsu Leak.......
......once you step in the battlefield, you can't turn back.

.....the Sneaky Spirits, Pacman in the clouds, all of the people that said that Mewtwo wasn't coming back........
....the voices, are still in my head....

....Smash 4 speculation may be over, but the memories stay in your brain.....
Pac-Man can't fight they said.

Ridley is playable in the game they said.

I didn't know people stayed upset about old "leaks" at all . . .

In happier news, through some luck on NeoGAF I just got myself an early access code for the open Overwatch beta. Instead of waiting for the 5th, I get to play on the 3rd! Going to be a very fun week when i'm not studying for finals.

Clicking "Install" for a game you've been waiting months for is a glorious feeling. :colorful:

Last edited:

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
I've always pondered how bad negotiations between Nintendo and Ubisoft got that Rayman would be in Smash, but only as a Trophy. Like, how would you even get to that point?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
People will find any excuse to be upset. A cow getting married to a chewed pencil on Mars will make at least 1% of the human race upset in some way, shape, or form.

You can't win.
Well it's not my fault I wanted Mrs. Pencil to go out with me!
Was that too hard to ask Mr. Cowington?!
(Besides Jupiter is a far superior wedding location.)

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Bayonetta is too sexy for Smash they said.

Corrin is too late for Smash 4 they said.

:troll:
We need to dig deeper, guys!

Remember the old days?

When half the fandom asked for "Animal Crosser" and the other half said that he was "deconfirmed" because of an old Brawl interview from Sakurai?

Then it turned out Sakurai changed his mind and suddenly the first of many cracks to the fandom's carefully constructed roster hierarchy had been created.

That was when it all began. . .

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Remember the old days?

When half the fandom asked for "Animal Crosser" and the other half said that he was "deconfirmed" because of an old Brawl interview from Sakurai?

Then it turned out Sakurai changed his mind and suddenly the first of many cracks to the fandom's carefully constructed roster hierarchy had been created.

And remember when people saw Duck Hunt as meme and not likely for Smash?

Though the same couldn't be said for the samurai that commit Assist Trophy sodoku in the end. :cry:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yeah, yeah, we get it guys, people have been wrong lots of times before and people will continue being proven wrong again. Whoop-dee-doo.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And remember when people saw Duck Hunt as meme and not likely for Smash?

Though the same couldn't be said for the samurai that commit Assist Trophy sodoku in the end. :cry:
Duck Hunt laughs into battle!

While he feeds Takamaru's corpse to the ducks in the fields.

So sorry.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I've always pondered how bad negotiations between Nintendo and Ubisoft got that Rayman would be in Smash, but only as a Trophy. Like, how would you even get to that point?
As far as I know, it probably had to do with the fact that Rayman Legends was published by Nintendo in Japan.
Ubisoft probably asked if Nintendo to add Rayman as a playable character, but there's nothing official saying that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember the old days?

How about bringing another argument against Mewtwo's return:
You see, back in 2014, some people said that wasn't coming back because, and i quote, "he sucked in Melee".

As in, it's not like they can't buff him or make him stronger or anything like that, nope. Sucked in Competitive Melee, and because of that SOLE reason, some people thought that Mewtwo wasn't coming back.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ubisoft trying to push all they can to get Rayman into Smash.
That's my assumption.
Wasn't it ubisoft that turned Nintendo down?

Sakurai asked if they wanted a full character but they said a trophy was good

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wish I could find the Pic of the Day that was posted for Rayman's trophy on here to see everyone's reaction to it

I still remember the 4chan reaction and everyone flipped their **** and it was hilarity and madness

GameFAQs was the same but then there was old interview that Ubisoft Canada said that Rayman was in the game as a fighter and everyone on there said it was legit

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You see, back in 2014, some people said that wasn't coming back because, and i quote, "he sucked in Melee".

As in, it's not like they can't buff him or make him stronger or anything like that, nope. Sucked in Competitive Melee, and because of that SOLE reason, some people thought that Mewtwo wasn't coming back.
Nah brah, you forgot that's why Lucas and Wolf were cut

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Roy will never come back they said.

Mewtwo will not come back they said.

Chrom and the Chorus Kids are playable they said.
I still to this day laugh when Robin and Lucina got revealed instead of Shulk.
Especially the bit where some of us Smashboards users were tossing propaganda into GameFAQs for new supporters for Shulk because "he's totally going to be in".

(I mean sure he did get in but we didn't know that at the time.)

And it was always Mewtwo. No one else ever got hit with the same argument despite there being characters considered far worse. Though I did see a few Meta Knight is broken = will be cut.

Because not only do characters matter from a competitive side apparently, but buffs and nerfs don't exist.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I still to this day laugh when Robin and Lucina got revealed instead of Shulk.
Especially the bit where some of us Smashboards users were tossing propaganda into GameFAQs for new supporters for Shulk because "he's totally going to be in".

(I mean sure he did get in but we didn't know that at the time.)
Never Forget #MonadoMonday

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Why you do this to me?

At least the dog became worthy enough to be my main
That wasn't enough for you? Then try this for size.

I crush all their hopes and watch them crrrrryyyyyyyy! Because I'm the bad guy!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And how could I forget this little gem:

Nowadays it's a joke, but there was a time where this was considered a legit argument with some holding.

We have weird straws sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, yeah, we get it guys, people have been wrong lots of times before and people will continue being proven wrong again. Whoop-dee-doo.
We all have been wrong about something in our lifes. It's nothing to be ashamed of (it happened to me with Wolf).

But then there's people that are so stubborn that deny any other possibilites (like, the possibilty of Chrom not beign playable, or the possibility of Roy coming back and having a luigified moveset, or the possibility o--are you seeing the point im trying to make?)

The latter is the kind of people im refering to, because believe it or not, some people are extremely close-minded, and refuse any other outcome whatsoever.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Nowadays it's a joke, but there was a time where this was considered a legit argument with some holding.

If anything, wouldn't it have made slightly more "sense" to say that Shulk was a photoshopped Marth?

We all have been wrong about something in our lifes. It's nothing to be ashamed of (it happened to me with Wolf).

But then there's people that are so stubborn that deny any other possibilites (like, the possibilty of Chrom not beign playable, or the possibility of Roy coming back and having a luigified moveset, or the possibility o--are you seeing the point im trying to make?)

The latter is the kind of people im refering to, because believe it or not, some people are extremely close-minded, and refuse any other outcome whatsoever.
Fair enough.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Or the claims of Bowser Junior being a Diddy Kong Brawl hack.

And the denial about Ganondorf coming back as a clone again. Those were the days.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

All those grasping straws just for hope that :4drmario::4darkpit: (and by extension :4bowserjr::4duckhunt: ) weren't in the game and :wolf::popo:&:mewtwopm: was

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
All those grasping straws just for hope that :4drmario::4darkpit: (and by extension :4bowserjr::4duckhunt: ) weren't in the game and :wolf::popo:&:mewtwopm: was
Funny thing is that Dark Pit and Doctor Mario's inclusion wasn't something I was really surprised at. I was more surprised at the inclusion of the Duck Hunt Dog and the exclusion of Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Most of you doing the mocking were the ones who said most of that stuff.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just finished my first run on Vemon in Stair Fax Zoro. I'm loving this game even more now that I mastered the controls. Now to play more for stuff I missed.

I LOVED that Star Wolf ship Wolfen can transform into walker vehicles too on Venom

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't believe that leak originally but it wasn't for any particular reason other than "I'm sick of leaks, there's no point paying attention to them at this point".

I believed it as soon as I saw the videos though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom