• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Making Zelda playable only works if you make her story and possibly even her gameplay, completely different.

Linkle and Aryll work as a female equivalent to Link because they currently don't have a role and backstory in the extended lore of the franchise.
I mean yeah that'd work for me too. I'd actually prefer that as you could really differ the two plots even further and the abilities between her and Link as well.
^this...

What I'm talking about, Either you can choose to play as Link or Zelda, and the roles, and gameplay differ depending on who you chose...or giving Zelda the full spotlight in one title...not every Zelda in Hyrule's history has an awakened hero present during a crisis...such as during the Adult timeline during the flood of Hyrule...

or even switch between the two at certain points (ala Medli/Makar or Kafei for example), but with a much more involved playable role than in Spirit Tracks which was very limited...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Princess Zelda is part of a list of Nintendo characters that I feel are long overdue for a spin-off game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Holy ****. Apparently, Zach Snyder didn't like stuff like Batman Begins, which is completely cool, opinions are a thing. But he didn't like seeing Batman's parents get killed.
- Didn't like seeing Batman's parents die
- Batman's parents dying is literally the opening of BvS and plays a role later in the film.

Either he means how it was done in BB (fair enough I guess) or he's being his usual dumb self.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
- Didn't like seeing Batman's parents die
- Batman's parents dying is literally the opening of BvS and plays a role later in the film.

Either he means how it was done in BB (fair enough I guess) or he's being his usual dumb self.
Didn't Ben Affleck manage to convince Snyder to change stuff about Batman so fans would be happy? Honestly, Snyder can go **** himself. Apparently, he doesn't even like Superman. It's sad when Snyder could be considered the Michael Bay of superhero movies, nothing but alright action scenes and ****

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So we're now in the month where CoroCoro is promising real Pokémon Sun & Moon info.

Think we might get something before the CoroCoro leaks?
I honestly think we will. Serebii said on his Twitter that Corocoro said "The major announcement the world has been waiting for is coming in May!!" rather then referring to its next issue, which implies that whatever news is coming won't be exclusive to them. Coupling that with the fact that Pokémon usually drops its first big news in May, and I think we'll get something major this month before Corocoro gets to it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I honestly think we will. Serebii said on his Twitter that Corocoro said "The major announcement the world has been waiting for is coming in May!!" rather then referring to its next issue, which implies that whatever news is coming won't be exclusive to them. Coupling that with the fact that Pokémon usually drops its first big news in May, and I think we'll get something major this month before Corocoro gets to it.
What day will Corocoro leak again? We ****ing better get more than just Solgaleo and Lunaala's designs considering how long we've been waiting for official news

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should make a dragon mystic quest so people in America can learn to play the series

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just realized how pathetic now. I'm on the internet at half past 2 in the morning sipping a cheap knockoff Fanta expecting good stuff to happen. I think I should try to do something about that. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking that cycling could help

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just realized how pathetic now. I'm on the internet at half past 2 in the morning sipping a cheap knockoff Fanta expecting good stuff to happen. I think I should try to do something about that. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking that cycling could help
Simple, ask yourself this:

"Substitution is also one to have a crappy sleep schedule. Would you want to stoop to Substitution's level?
Of course not. No one wants to be Substitution."

...And maybe cycling I guess. I hear that works too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We'll hopefully find out the starters this month.

I want an epic tiger starter

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just want some good trainer designs and the customization feature to return. It was good being myself for once, minus the lack of a weight slider (which doesn't need to be a thing).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First stages only.
Which means at best a little kitten. Of kindling.
A Kindlen.
Or Purrn.
Or Flamline.
If it's a striped kitten at least we'll get a glimpse of what's to come

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
How would you react if the starters were based on those guys :

:troll:
Since I can't think of their names atm:
Tiger= Fire type
Toucan= Water type
Bee= Grass type

No one would pick the bee as a starter, though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tiger= Fire type
Toucan= Water type
Bee= Grass type

I would. I like bug pokemon

But, y'know. Only after a run with the tiger

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Tiger= Fire type
Toucan= Water type
Bee= Grass type

I would pick the Bee and name it "Seinfeld".

Im not sorry.

Last edited:
I would absolutely pick a bee as a starter. I don't think there are many animals for pokemon I could pick over. Vespiquen IS one of my favorite pokemon after all. I would love it even more if it was a grass type because the grass types are usually my favorite.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My preferred starter trio would be a fire Tiger, water Elephant, and grass Peacock...you guys can keep your cereal mascots...

but based on the names that were trademarked that may not happen...but a fire tiger is still possible it seems...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My preferred starter trio would be a fire Tiger, water Elephant, and grass Peacock...you guys can keep your cereal mascots...

but based on the names that were trademarked that may not happen...but a fire tiger is still possible it seems...
This sounds good. I also would like a water elephant

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I want Fire/Ground Bull, Water/Fighting Crocodile and Grass/Flying Hawk Trio.

Also I want a Pokemon that's a Ice/Poison type.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't really care about the first form of the starters anymore, I remember I said Froakie looked terrible and Chespin cool, then they evolved and... yeah.

Milk Tsunami.
I usually have the starter I want picked from just seeing their first form. I knew I was going to like the frog from the start.

I want Fire/Ground Bull, Water/Fighting Crocodile and Grass/Flying Hawk Trio.

Also I want a Pokemon that's a Ice/Poison type.
I don't think their going to add another crocodilian starter.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I finally saw the "starter" trademarks after only seeing the legendary trademarks after all this time.

I'll just wait a bit before I go for it completely.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just noticed.

I have been purpled.

Burruni

Smash Hero

I still want this monstrosity as a pokemon.
Even if it aint our water starter.

Edit: Manaphy/Phione don't count.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This sounds good. I also would like a water elephant
A water Elephant is just too appropriate given their trunk could double as a water hose...plus elephants are surprisingly good swimmers...

Grass Peacock would just be pretty AF, with all sorts of flowers and stuff in it's plumage...

And the Fire tiger better end up with a glorious fiery mane, like Pyroar should've gotten...

Burruni

Smash Hero
A water Elephant is just too appropriate given their trunk could double as a water hose...plus elephants are surprisingly good swimmers...

Grass Peacock would just be pretty AF, with all sorts of flowers and stuff in it's plumage...

And the Fire tiger better end up with a glorious fiery mane, like Pyroar should've gotten...
...Since when do Tigers have manes?
I know they have like a bit of a fluffy looking "face" but it certainly is no mane

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I would love a Squid based starter that is eventually water fighting and stands to 2 tentacles and fights with the other 6.

Fire tiger would be okay I guess. And the Wood Owl which I fully believe in looks good, as long as it ends up growing a badass Chinese-Cliche style moustache and goatee.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have two long overdue requests for Gen VII:

1) A dolphin Pokémon
2) A Dark-type Gym Leader

Anything else is a bonus.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I would love a Squid based starter that is eventually water fighting and stands to 2 tentacles and fights with the other 6.

Fire tiger would be okay I guess. And the Wood Owl which I fully believe in looks good, as long as it ends up growing a badass Chinese-Cliche style moustache and goatee.

Hey kid, wanna buy some Bitter Root?

I swear to Naga everyone in my party in FE7 is secretely a ninja. In chapter 22 Ninian dodged at least 5 attacks, Florina didn't get hit once and I had her on the front lines the entire time, Priscilla dodged a few attacks, and Lyn Legault and Eliwood have always been unhittable.

Who needs strategy when you are invulnerable?

Looking at 22x and all those promoted units i'm about to get ****ed. Hard. Erk, Kent, Isadora, and Florina are my only promoted units and Kent has terrible stats.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I swear to Naga everyone in my party in FE7 is secretely a ninja. In chapter 22 Ninian dodged at least 5 attacks, Florina didn't get hit once and I had her on the front lines the entire time, Priscilla dodged a few attacks, and Lyn Legault and Eliwood have always been unhittable.

Who needs strategy when you are invulnerable?

Looking at 22x and all those promoted units i'm about to get ****ed. Hard. Erk, Kent, Isadora, and Florina are my only promoted units and Kent has terrible stats.
How are you at 22x with 4 promoted units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom