• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Everybody is upset because Zelda was delayed and I'm just here thinking that it's cool that HAL makes Kirby games almost every year.

Triple Deluxe in 2014
Rainbow Curse in 2015
Planet Robobot in 2016
and probably something for next year (Kirby's 25th anniversary).

And the best part is that they are amazing, unlike the games in other franchises.
Heh.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Everybody is upset because Zelda was delayed and I'm just here thinking that it's cool that HAL makes Kirby games almost every year.

Triple Deluxe in 2014
Rainbow Curse in 2015
Planet Robobot in 2016

And the best part is that they are amazing, unlike the games in other franchises.
Heh.
If they're doing an anniversary title, I'm extremely curious about what'll be done, Planet Robobot has so much fanservice and callbacks, I have a feeling it can only be topped by having every Kirby villain from Nightmare to Grill, Dark Matter to Sectonia and more with their themes getting beautiful remixes

Burruni

Smash Hero
If they're doing an anniversary title, I'm extremely curious about what'll be done, Planet Robobot has so much fanservice and callbacks, I have a feeling it can only be topped by having every Kirby villain from Nightmare to Grill, Dark Matter to Sectonia and more with their themes getting beautiful remixes
Kirby: A Thousand Night's Haunts

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
XD
When someone says Kirby game with fanservice I imagine that the game will have Zero's or Marx's return, with multiplayer like Return to Dream Land and obviously, beautiful remixes and stages, that will be ignored in Smash :^)

But I would be fine with Kirby 64 HD or even something little, but kind of cool, like Dream Collection.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Triple Deluxe in 2014
Rainbow Curse in 2015
Planet Robobot in 2016

Heh.
You know, I wasn't aware that next year was Kirby 25. . .

I was wondering for a while if we'd be getting a Kirby NX launch title due to the way RtDL came out at the end of the Wii life cycle and the system schedule shifted due to how badly the Wii U flopped, but knowing it's an anniversary game makes me unsure WHAT they're gonna pull, or when.

I'm still expecting it to be on NX, but it could be later in the year if it's an anniversary title, especially since Planet Robobot wasn't announced when I first hypothesized that we'd be getting Kirby as a launch title. . .

And on the other hand, to be COMPLETELY insane and overly optimistic, they could have somehow decided to partially delay the NX because they wanted Kirby 25 added to the launch pool in addition to having time to wrap up other games.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well I saw one of my local supermarket chains had a copy available for $30. I'm not quite sure how it's priced elsewhere or how the rarity is, though.
Welp, I thought it became super rare after Bayo got confirmed for Smash.
$30 seems too cheap imo tho.

Please tell me that was a pun. :p

:231:
Yes it was :denzel:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Effective VR POV.
Taking the perspective of a character encased in a healing pod, having full 360 view while a significant battle scene of the main party coming to save you, having to switch along from the few "windows" to try to catch what was going on, 3D actually doing damn well on it too.
And it actually breaking through combat using the actual mechanics.
HELPS THAT THE ACTUAL "BRAVELY SECOND" COMMAND IS EFFECTIVELY THE WORLD.

Edit: Imagine the opening bit of Fallout 4 when you're coming out of Stasis, but with more control, "activity," and viewing angles you can turn to see.

Double Edit: Best footage I could find.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It may be interesting, but I think I'd rather see a Hyrulian Civil War era Link + Young Ganondorf team up.
Link was just born at the time. Are we supposed to play as a newborn Link in that game? lol. Besides Link and Ganondorf teaming up is something that's way to OoC and never even happened canonically.

The idea I had for a Ganondorf prequel game would be to OoT what Crisis Core is to FF7 with the main character failing at the end only that game would go in to the events of OoT as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw Zootopia today. It was pretty good.

It handled a lot of important social problems pretty well. Definitely a good plot.

Plus J.K. Simmons was in it, how could you go wrong?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Welp, I thought it became super rare after Bayo got confirmed for Smash.
$30 seems too cheap imo tho.

Yes it was :denzel:
I've seen quite a few copies of Bayonetta one and two in store shelves for quite sometime now here.

I don't know about them being rare but I have seen them more often on the front of the shelves after she was confirmed.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/30/mii-fighter-costumes-consolation-prizes/

Do you guys think that Mii Costumes in Smash Bros were "consolation prizes"? I have a feeling that some of them were. In particular those that were higher up on the Ballot or were just considerably popular to begin with. Still makes me worried about Isaac's chances of getting in to Smash Bros if that's the case. Really really worried.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/30/mii-fighter-costumes-consolation-prizes/

Do you guys think that Mii Costumes in Smash Bros were "consolation prizes"? I have a feeling that some of them were. In particular those that were higher up on the Ballot or were just considerably popular to begin with. Still makes me worried about Isaac's chances of getting in to Smash Bros if that's the case. Really really worried.
Characters like Inkling and K.Rool were most certainly consolation prizes.

D

Deleted member

My mother almost made me pay for a wallet twice the price of the one I wanted to buy(my ID didn't even fit in the one she wanted) because she didn't want me to buy the cheapest one
Her reasoning? "It's a feminine wallet"
ZSNES is good but I found Snes9x to be a little easier to use.

Still either one works /shrug.
I dunno if it's standard for emulators but I found it similar to Visual Boy which I'm used to
Dunno how Snes9x is though
I saw Zootopia today. It was pretty good.

It handled a lot of important social problems pretty well. Definitely a good plot.

Plus J.K. Simmons was in it, how could you go wrong?
Wait, J.K Simmons was in it? Which character was he?
I watched it dubbed in portuguese so I wouldn't know

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Really? I'm thinking Inkling being added in as a Mii Costume was because Sakurai couldn't figure out a proper mechanic for the character to use or something. Not that said character wasn't higher up on the Ballot but still. K. Rool I could totally see being dominant on the Ballot. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was a No. 2 or No. 3 in the Ballot among "realizable" characters.

Other characters I think were added in because they had no chance of being in Smash 4. Characters like Chrom who obviously couldn't be added because Robin took his spot and that he was already in the game and Megaman X who is another version of Megaman probably had Mii Costumes to give them some sort of playable capacity in the game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
My mother almost made me pay for a wallet twice the price of the one I wanted to buy(my ID didn't even fit in the one she wanted) because she didn't want me to buy the cheapest one

I dunno if it's standard for emulators but I found it similar to Visual Boy which I'm used to

No offence, but your mother sounds like my French family
Really? I'm thinking Inkling being added in as a Mii Costume was because Sakurai couldn't figure out a proper mechanic for the character to use or something
So, a consolation price?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No offence, but your mother sounds like my French family
I dunno how that could be seen as an offence...
You have a french family? Wait, are you part french?
Something something hon hon baguette

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I dunno how that could be seen as an offence...
You have a french family? Wait, are you part french?
Something something hon hon baguette
Half french. My aunt's personality is "What do you think of my new expensive bag/car/anything?" and my grandmother always yells at me that I am perfectly capable of speaking French but choose not to. I can't even understand them

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
K. Rool, yeah, but Inkling costumes were in the works too early to be a consolation prize. Their Smash popularity exploded after Splatoon came out, while the costume was announced beforehand.

Mayor Lionheart. :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
K. Rool, yeah, but Inkling costumes were in the works too early to be a consolation prize. Their Smash popularity exploded after Splatoon came out, while the costume was announced beforehand.
Fair point, I forgot that the costumes were announced before Splatoon came out.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Mayor Lionheart. :p
Opossum :4greninja: me but yes, he's the mayor.

All I could think was
I didn't do it to save my position as mayor! I did it to save patient Zero! My brother!
And the hitman was the guy causing problems, which was a interesting plot device for a Disney movie.

Considering how lots of people are hyped for Overwatch I decided to make a strawpoll
http://www.strawpoll.me/10113270
Remember, multiple votes are allowed, and please explain your reasoning
Tracer- Fun personality. Also is pretty much this game's Scout. I really like playing as the scour and not getting ay kills but just ****ing with people It's great.

D.Va- mechs and pistols

Junkrat- dude is completely insane and blows stuff up.

Lucio- Jet Set Radio but with healing

McCree- I love revolvers

Winston- he is a dork, but also a scientist gorilla. Gorilla's are my favorite animals

Reinhardt- Catchprhrase!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
and my grandmother always yells at me that I am perfectly capable of speaking French but choose not to. I can't even understand them
Yeah I get that a lot with some of my family as well. They expect to me to speak Arabic and crap when I have no obligation to do so nor do I want to especially when I live in a country like Canada where there's absolutely no need to learn that language. It's almost like being apart of an ethnicity is an obligation to learn said language and it's a load of crap really.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's weird that some people thought the K.Rool costume was something good and that it made K.Rool more likely.
Why would Nintendo release a costume of an unreleased character and ruin the surprise?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's weird that some people thought the K.Rool costume was something good and that it made K.Rool more likely.
Why would Nintendo release a costume of an unreleased character and ruin the surprise?
Some just held on to the hope because veterans like Link and Samus got their full costumes as DLC. Even though the whole deal with K.Rool was a little different as selling him as both a full character and a costume separately would have probably been a poor business move imo.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was sorta neutral when that happened. Not knowing what to make out of the situation yet still buying the costume to show my support for K. Rool being fully playable.

It doesn't ruin the surprise does it? I mean just because they're releasing a Mii Costume doesn't mean K. Rool is locked in to become playable. K. Rool being a Mii Costume then a Fighter would be a surprise still. Doubt people would feel ripped off when their getting a playable version of the Mii Costume they bought.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah I get that a lot with some of my family as well. They expect to me to speak Arabic and crap when I have no obligation to do so nor do I want to especially when I live in a country like Canada where there's absolutely no need to learn that language. It's almost like being apart of an ethnicity is an obligation to learn said language and it's a load of crap really.
It gets better. My grandmother told me mother she wish she never had 4 kids. My mother was her fourth kid. She would also refuse to talk to my mother if my father was black. And she wonders why I haven't visited after 6-7 yeats

D

Deleted member

Anyone knows the rarity and price of a physical copy of Bayonetta 2?
As far as I know, the first print copies (which contained the first Bayonetta game) are quite rare as of now and are very expensive... it costs about $100 on Amazon. You may want to go for the reprint variation which costs $30. Though, it no longer comes with the first game, so if you're interested in that, you may want to pick an external hard drive, a Wii U, and get it on the eShop.

Unless of course, you plan to get a retail copy of the game for the sake of collecting it?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was just about to post a message that I got an email saying mighty no 9 went gold, but I guess everyone already got the message.

Is it going to be worth the wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom