• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Welp, more rumors from Emily Rogers.

Retro Studios' next game isn't Metroid or DKC:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212933

Oh boy.
aaaaaaand...yet another reason for me to dislike rumours...

because now I'm going to go into e3 hoping this is wrong and if it turns out to be right, now it's going to be my fault that I get disappointed because I already knew about it...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
20160428_204400.jpg

Just got this in the mail, it's funny how they came out on the same day.

The GRBY OST features all 151 Pokemon cries (Disc 2 is nothing but cries), as well as Pokedex entries (think Dexter's voice from the anime). Kind of cool, but not worth the memory on a mp4 player. The bonus FRLG OST is cool, though I don't know why they included the extra GRBY tracks from the original release considering what it comes with. LMAO

The manual amusingly has Gengar/Nidorino on the cover. Features a new Masuda interview, Ken Sugimori's original artwork, original/remake sprite comparisons, and a slight Sun/Moon mention at the end (most likely the Pokemon Bank).

The Fates OST is HUGE. Probably won't listen to it until I beat both games though.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
What's the biggest gaming franchise you've never played whatsoever?

For me it's technically FIFA, but as far as franchises that actually interest me, it's Crash Bandicoot. I imagine that will change in the next year or so if the revival is true.

Chrono.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212897

DON'T YOU DO THIS TO ME NAUGHTY DOG

DON'T YOU ****ING DO THIS

I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL BREAK SOMETHING. PREFERABLY MANY CRATES

I'M NOT SURE IF I WANT THIS TO BE FAKE OR REAL
Aside from this probably being fake.

I don't think this is much reason to be excited yet.

Developers do Easter Eggs all the time.

This isn't really the same as, say, Sly 4 being deliberately teased in the Sly HD Collection.

Not to mention

ND did the same with TLOU.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For me it's technically FIFA, but as far as franchises that actually interest me, it's Crash Bandicoot. I imagine that will change in the next year or so if the revival is true.
For me, it's Tomb Raider due to lack of interest compared to other franchises. Maybe I'll get around to playing the series one day, but that's a big maybe.

Aside from this probably being fake.

I don't think this is much reason to be excited yet.

Developers do Easter Eggs all the time.

This isn't really the same as, say, Sly 4 being deliberately teased in the Sly HD Collection.

Not to mention

ND did the same with TLOU.
yeah but Sony still owns the rights to Jak.

I don't know if having the rights of distribution means you are allowed to put characters from it in your games. This would be a bigger deal.

Apparently other sources are confirming the claim. There is even a playable level in the game.

Let me dream! :(

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I guess it really all depends on what we mean by big here. But for me it'd be the EA Sports games.
I've never been much of a sports fan to begin with, and the games aren't exactly something I'd be really into.

Chrono.

Aside from stuff like CoD, LoL and sports games that aren't wrestling games. Hmm...

Well Uncharted is one lol

Castlevania used to be one until I played Rondo of Blood.

I love Megaman but I've not played any game from Legends series.

There's Animal Crossing (and I never will play it).

Oh, Grand Theft Auto.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
aaaaaaand...yet another reason for me to dislike rumours...

because now I'm going to go into e3 hoping this is wrong and if it turns out to be right, now it's going to be my fault that I get disappointed because I already knew about it...
. . .And then you'll be even more disappointed because it'll turn out that there aren't even any NX games at E3.

I know, that's pretty cynical of me, but I'm not going to just watch as everyone goes in expecting NX news and just gets Zelda U and a bunch of 3DS games. I'm warning you guys: Nintendo is NOT going to show off any NX software (Zelda U aside, as it's also a Wii U game) if they aren't showing off hardware, and if you all think it will be then you're going to get much, much more upset about it than you need to be. And I don't want to be left listening to the angst that results from that.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'll be glad when Mighty No. 9 actually comes out.

Not to play it (because I don't want to), but so all the "delay delay delay" articles can go away.

Chrono.

God knows I hope the NX has a solid launch line up. I won't even care if they announce the games a week before it launches.

Like seriously, modern consoles have like no games for the first year.

Remember when the PS4 was selling millions despite having no big first party titles? Even Sony was like "we dunno what why lol".
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=202176583&posted=1#post202176583
"Has MN9 been delayed again?"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
God knows I hope the NX has a solid launch line up. I won't even care if they announce the games a week before it launches.

Like seriously, modern consoles have like no games for the first year.

Remember when the PS4 was selling millions despite having no big first party titles? Even Sony was like "we dunno what why lol".

Well they said that the Animal Crossing app would be compatible with a new game they didn't mention in any context other than that, there's been a 3D Mario in the works behind the scenes for a while, they've got at least 2-3 devs with unknown stuff cooking that we know have been working on said stuff long enough for it to be in the ballpark of a release title. . .

. . .Mighty Number 9, apparently. . .:troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Big franchises I've never played?

Fire Emblem is one. I played the Awakening demo but barely remember it.

I have the Fates Special Edition pre-ordered though.

I haven't played any MMO's either. My Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition is still a stand for merchandise and amiibo photos, lol.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I really hope Capcom announces a mega man game before MN9 is released. It would be absolutely hilarious.
They have a TV show in the works. I could actually see it.

Mighty Number 9 delayed again. . .Capcom walks up to the stage at E3. . .boom. :troll:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
. . .And then you'll be even more disappointed because it'll turn out that there aren't even any NX games at E3.

I know, that's pretty cynical of me, but I'm not going to just watch as everyone goes in expecting NX news and just gets Zelda U and a bunch of 3DS games. I'm warning you guys: Nintendo is NOT going to show off any NX software (Zelda U aside, as it's also a Wii U game) if they aren't showing off hardware, and if you all think it will be then you're going to get much, much more upset about it than you need to be. And I don't want to be left listening to the angst that results from that.
Well...forgive me for wanting to actually have something to look forward to...especially as a Metroid fan...

after last year's e3 I think I can handle what they're going to give us, (or not going to give us I suppose) since we are finally getting information on Zelda U...

Chrono.

Okay so that Uncharted 4 Easter Egg leak turned to be fake, here's a totally legit one.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Welp, more rumors from Emily Rogers.

Retro Studios' next game isn't Metroid or DKC:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212933

Oh boy.
obv GS4.

Source: Me in denial
It's gonna be another full year of this huh.
I thought the exact same thing when I read that rumor. I was thinking to myself that it was nice that the NX rumors were finally going to stop in June but now their going to go all the way until around the end of 2016 and possibly even beyond then. This is gonna be a long, tedious road.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Pretty uninterested in Mighty No. 9, but I'm also still really burnt out on the idea of 2D platformers. I'm happy to see 3D platformers and collectathons start to creep back into the spotlight.

I'm all up for some 2D Metroidvania games though (i.e. Bloodstained).

D

Deleted member

Zelda. I have never played a zelda game in my life, admittedly. Not counting smash trials.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well...forgive me for wanting to actually have something to look forward to...especially as a Metroid fan...

after last year's e3 I think I can handle what they're going to give us, (or not going to give us I suppose) since we are finally getting information on Zelda U...
I apologize, I went really overboard on that, especially before I deleted the especially dumb half. :urg:

I'm just tired of the circle of people expecting things they can't be promised, having the rug taken out from under them because they got their hopes up too high, and then doing a 180 and expecting the worst before proceeding to expect too much out of something else.

It feels like there's a lot of anger and sadness from Nintendo fans lately and I'd rather avoid it coming from a Ridley-type misunderstanding.

I don't like seeing people feel upset, it makes me sad. And when I get too sad to handle it too often, my default response is to start getting angry. I need to start calming down and trying to be nicer, but at the same time I don't want to just pull back while everyone dooms and glooms until having any kind of silver lining to a situation is the exception rather than the rule, and I'm worried that everything surrounding the NX is going to keep spiraling into those kinds of situations.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Zelda. I have never played a zelda game in my life, admittedly. Not counting smash trials.
Well, I hope you consider doing so if you have any interest! :D Almost every game in the series is worth playing, and you might just have time to do so before the next entry comes out in March '17.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The former has already happened.
True. He has pissed off more people and dissatisfied fans more than Tim Schafer and both of them were moronic in handling their games with Kickstarters and the funds.

#CapcomWasRight

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
E3 is becoming less and less relevant honestly. Remember how neither Sony nor Microsoft did their first showing of the PS4 or Xbone there?

I'm completely fine with an NX direct that also shows off what their working on. Can't wait to finally see some sizable gameplay of Zelda at E3 though, been waiting so long for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom