• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If I can be cut off of a special bonus I was grandfathered into at work and given a messily bonus to "compensate"

Jigglypuff can be cut from the roster
. . .

Jigglypuff isn't actually related to your unfair workplace, though.

Not that I don't understand why you're upset, but the only relevance this has to the subject at all is the concept of "life isn't fair." And as true as "life isn't fair" is, there isn't really any actual benefit to reinforcing it. If the full implications of "life isn't fair" sunk in for everyone, the human race would self destruct within 24 hours because of just how utterly idiotic and unfair life is.

Let's not talk about cuts.
Fair enough. This always ends in someone starting a wishlist of characters they actively want gone.

Not that literally everything Smash related doesn't unfortunately end with that like some kind of nerdy Godwin's Law. . .

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Now, I have recently realized that Cloud has a pretty good chance of getting cut and becoming the next Snake.
THOU SHALT NOT SPEAK OF SUCH BLASPHEMY...

it'll make me sad knowing it might happen... :(

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Great, now look what you guys made me go get.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd like to see all the current third parties + :snake: return, but I know that has a very slim chance of happening.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So because I have no willpower in the slightest and spoilers actually get me more hyped for a film for some reason, I spoiled Civil War for myself a week or so ago. :p Damn you, international people! Damn you for getting it ~a week before us! :p

So regarding that...
My whole thing is that deaths like that aren't needed if the rest of the film is good (and in this case, great). Sure, I may be saying that since Cap's my favorite characters, but seriously. :p I think the fact that they were able to make that masterful and gripping of a movie without going the predictable route and killing off Cap is a testament to the writing. It looks like this'll happen again with Thor Ragnarok, with Hemsworth saying he's filming for both parts. Curious to see how that turns out.

I do expect hefty casualties in Infinity War, though.

Also, Giant-Man. :D I'm hyped to see it just for that scene. Empire Strikes Back reference, too. :p

Also I've finally gotten around to reading some Doctor Strange because of the free month of Unlimited, and my god is he awesome. Probably in my top three favorites now. I'm gonna be really disappointed if they never do The Oath's storyline in the MCU. It'd be a perfect Doctor Strange sequel. :p
I know, I'm only disappointed because I went in expecting him to :ohwell:

Also, is Chris Evans filming for only one part of IW (part 1)? If he is, I fully expect him to die in that one :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Dark Pit will be cut.

Cut out for the roster because of how simple and edgy he is. :awesome:

Dark Pit's edge is a fine art that revels in itself so thoroughly that it ceases to be edge and transcends to a higher plane of existence.

Probably parody.

Also going through it myself from the point I marked for Dark Pit showing up (it's the latter half of one chapter's ground section along with Dark Pit's chapter after it) for edge checks, and. . .

"This is wave eleven! The time for jokes is over!"

10/10 best edgelord.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Hear me out when I say this, but I can safely say that Mario is not returning in the next Smash Bros game"
-Masahiro Sakurai 2023

I rest my case
Good! There's to many Mario reps! We need more Fire Emblem Representation!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It was pretty ironic how the most predicted cuts during pre-Smash 4 ended up pretty much all coming back. Toon Link in particular was the most expected cut from many people yet ironically ended up as one of the first post E3 veterans confirmed to return.

Turning speculation upside down for a bit because apparently he was the only possible cut for some reason according to some people....

Ivander

Smash Legend
Salamence was in the top 100 at #69, you can see him in the full list here.
Looking at that list, it certainly becomes a bit better past Garchomp(than again, almost all the Legendaries are ahead of him), but I still question Japan's taste.

*sees Meditite and Durant*

*sees Ditto and Porygon*
:surprised: Really?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can I just say?

Really glad Japan likes Arbok.

Arbok is awesome.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
The fact that Gengar wound up behind Dedenne upsets me greatly. /s
I'm surprised that number 094 only made it in at 51st place. But that's nowhere near as surprising as how much Japan loves Arceus.

:094:

Dark Pit's edge is a fine art that revels in itself so thoroughly that it ceases to be edge and transcends to a higher plane of existence.

Probably parody.

Also going through it myself from the point I marked for Dark Pit showing up (it's the latter half of one chapter's ground section along with Dark Pit's chapter after it) for edge checks, and. . .

"This is wave eleven! The time for jokes is over!"

10/10 best edgelord.
Reminder that this edgelord INITIATED a rallying cry

10/10 great character

Just like every other Kid Icarus cahracter

Last edited:

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
The fact that Gengar wound up behind Dedenne upsets me greatly. /s
I'm surprised that number 094 only made it in at 51st place. But that's nowhere near as surprising as how much Japan loves Arceus.

:094:
well he IS a space goat god... thing

EDIT: He looks more like a llama

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is it me or does Jim Sterling have very...

Odd opinions sometimes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is it me or does Jim Sterling have very...

Odd opinions sometimes.
Odd in what way?

This is about Star Fox, isn't it?

If it is, I think he's half right.

While I don't agree with him in saying Star Fox Zero's motion controls are a "gimmick that isn't up to par with regular controls", I DO agree with him when he says Star Fox is not a franchise that NEEDED a new control scheme or any huge control innovation or something. It just needed another game that plays well, has a lot of content, and has a new story to tell.

I really like Zero from a gameplay and controls standpoint personally, but the content is lacking and the series didn't NEED this kind of shake up to it's controls. It has been nearly a decade since Command (I'm not counting 64 3D), Star Fox didn't need to innovate, it just needed a good new game to re-invigorate the series, one everyone could agree on. And Zero is not that game.

I also completely agree with him in thinking Nintendo has been extremely tone deaf and careless as of late, and that Miyamoto is a big part of that. These days, it feels like Nintendo and Miyamoto are that kid in school who, whenever is told they did something wrong, they go "LALALALALA, I CAN'T HERE YOU!!!".

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just looked at that Pokemon top 100 poll results.

Poor Gallade, sad that he didn't make the top 100. At least my good ol' ninja frog Greninja is number 1, and my favorite Hoenn starter barely made the cut.

Quite the large number of legendaries taking up a good chunk of the top 50, though I understand why. Nice to see Azelf actually placed really high too.

Last edited:
Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
*sees people experienceing vadas work* yeees yees gooooood

seriously tho his hacks are a great time

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When you walk away
You won't hear me say
"Hiiiiigh, quality, video game rips"

yabadabadoo

Last edited:

Chrono.

BTW Rosti, someone who is generally believed to be very credible (even if his 3d printed NX posts make me question the guy) backed up the rumor. Not even any cryptic meaning just straight up says they are credible.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202167551&postcount=54
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202170499&postcount=196

Personally, this is what I assumed. I didn't see Prime 4 or DKCR3 happening so this felt like the only option to me.
It's gonna be another full year of this huh.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Welp, more rumors from Emily Rogers.

Retro Studios' next game isn't Metroid or DKC:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212933

Oh boy.
Well, to be fair, Ninty's got some sweet standard series set up for launch already from what I can tell.

DK and Metroid sell great, but they aren't exactly going to be pushing systems, so it could be safer for Nintendo to save those IPs for further into the gen. For now Nintendo sees what Splatoon did and hopes that they can capture lightning in a bottle again, which a generation ago is what people were practically begging them to do. Granted, for every new IP Nintendo tries there's a few duds, so this is kind of a big risk and could very easily turn out badly, but by unleashing a dev team with a small but almost perfect record Nintendo probably hopes that they'll increase their chances of getting a really successful new venture.

Also this is probably what they meant by saying they would be happy to work on DK or Metroid again I.E. that they weren't currently working on them.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Odd in what way?

This is about Star Fox, isn't it?

If it is, I think he's half right.

While I don't agree with him in saying Star Fox Zero's motion controls are a "gimmick that isn't up to par with regular controls", I DO agree with him when he says Star Fox is not a franchise that NEEDED a new control scheme or any huge control innovation or something. It just needed another game that plays well, has a lot of content, and has a new story to tell.

I really like Zero from a gameplay and controls standpoint personally, but the content is lacking and the series didn't NEED this kind of shake up to it's controls. It has been nearly a decade since Command (I'm not counting 64 3D), Star Fox didn't need to innovate, it just needed a good new game to re-invigorate the series, one everyone could agree on. And Zero is not that game.

I also completely agree with him in thinking Nintendo has been extremely tone deaf and careless as of late, and that Miyamoto is a big part of that. These days, it feels like Nintendo and Miyamoto are that kid in school who, whenever is told they did something wrong, they go "LALALALALA, I CAN'T HERE YOU!!!".
It wasn't actually.

I had no idea about his starfox review until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom