• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Funnily enough, the music for the Air Force stage?

Literally another remix of Guile's theme lol. More in line with the original track.

Well that is how it worked in the original Street Fighter 2 with stages and themes being linked.

Back in the 2D days when it was cost effective to give every character their own stage.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
RIP Jigglypuff in Smash NX
Eh, if a character as mocked and hated as Wolf was in the Smash fandom gets axed and suddenly becomes the most requested character out of everyone for it, I think anyone in charge of Smash Bros would get their heads ripped off for not including her regardless of whether she's popular in the Pokemon fandom or not. Nintendo gets a far worse reaction off of cuts than skipping out on the extra work is often worth, so it's not all that safe to assume than a character with a unique moveset is going to go just because they've fallen out of favor.

And we've already had people predicting Jigglydoomed for what I can assume has been at least two games now and it still hasn't happened. She's been on thin ice a bit, but it still hasn't happened.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
SFV version sounds cool

Still doesn't replace almost 23 years of this

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Jigglypuff is in due to legacy status.

She's already grandfathered in the roster like Ness and Captain Falcon.

People will lose their mind if ANY of the original 12 get cut and if you think Wolf got massive salt, imagine when :4megaman:&:4sonic: ever got the axe.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh, if a character as mocked and hated as Wolf was in the Smash fandom gets axed and suddenly becomes the most requested character out of everyone for it, I think anyone in charge of Smash Bros would get their heads ripped off for not including her regardless of whether she's popular in the Pokemon fandom or not. Nintendo gets a far worse reaction off of cuts than skipping out on the extra work is often worth, so it's not all that safe to assume than a character with a unique moveset is going to go just because they've fallen out of favor.

And we've already had people predicting Jigglydoomed for what I can assume has been at least two games now and it still hasn't happened. She's been on thin ice a bit, but it still hasn't happened.
At this point, most people seem to see Jigglypuff more as a "Super Smash Bros character" than a "Pokemon character" so yeah. Even if she isn't as popular with the Pokemon fandom. I can imagine a backlash happening similar to the Ice Climbers if she ever got the boot since most fans see her very closely within the Smash family along with Ness and Captain Falcon, who have all been tagging along since the very first game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Ratchet and Clank currently has 31% on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ratchet_and_clank/

Hopefully this is just a matter of critics not liking it...
And it goes down and down.... And 19%, ouch.

I mean, critics can be dumb asses sometimes, and I'm not saying that for subjective reasons, I've seen some really stupid reviews even for some of the best movies of all time. But when something gets this low, somethings probably not quite right..... Errrmmm.... But, I mean, this is one of those times where you look back on the trailers and yeah, you can at least kind of see it.(Of course some movie trailers can throw you off completely, for better or worse.)

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is probably the strangest thing I've heard all day.

I've heard of people seeing just the Avengers films but for you you have seen all of them but the Avengers films.

You got to get on that man.
Well, the thing is. Thor is my least favorite avenger. So, knowing it's his villain they fight in the first one didn't really draw me in

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Jigglypuff is in due to legacy status.

She's already grandfathered in the roster like Ness and Captain Falcon.

People will lose their mind if ANY of the original 12 get cut and if you think Wolf got massive salt, imagine when :4megaman:&:4sonic: ever got the axe.
I honestly wouldn't care that much if Mega Man was cut. Sure, he fits in well, but in the end he's a guest character. Sonic though is practically Mario's cousin, so cutting him would make me a bit more upset

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I honestly wouldn't care that much if Mega Man was cut. Sure, he fits in well, but in the end he's a guest character. Sonic though is practically Mario's cousin, so cutting him would make me a bit more upset
I think a more apt description would be Mega Man is the cousin and Sonic is the best friend that came from the opposite faction in the war.

Mario's the Nazi child, Sonic is the boy in the striped pyjamas.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Most of the villains in MCU were pretty dull, average or bad in most cases.

Aside from Loki and Red Skull, most of the villains aren't as good or interesting enough for people to give a damn.

It's why people are begging Fox give the rights of Dr. Doom and Magneto since they are the most popular Marvel villains

It helps as well since they have Spider-Man in the MCU so we'll have access to Norman Osborn/Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Venom

D

Deleted member

I think a more apt description would be Mega Man is the cousin and Sonic is the best friend that came from the opposite faction in the war.

Mario's the Nazi child, Sonic is the boy in the striped pyjamas.
What about Cloud, Pac-Man, Ryu and Bayonetta? (and Snake)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I can be cut off of a special bonus I was grandfathered into at work and given a messily bonus to "compensate"

Jigglypuff can be cut from the roster

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I fear the day this happens.
I do too, but fortunately (or unfortunately to purists :troll:) SEGA and Capcom are both

A. Two of the companies with the biggest histories of licensing their characters out to anyone and everyone

and

B. Both have particularly friendly working relationships with Nintendo.

And Project X Zone 2 was basically a huge group hug between the three default third parties in on Smash 4 with Nintendo asked to join in and obliging with an awkward but still caring side hug, so everyone is pretty OK working with both Nintendo and each other.

Basically as long as everyone involved stays afloat and there isn't some huge falling out between one of the companies involved, there isn't any real reason why they can't come back. Nintendo just needs to ask. Really the only current third party I wonder about more than a little is Square-Enix, because everyone else either donated two characters apiece and threw in bonus non playable character trophies and extra music beyond the 3DS stage minimum with the DLC characters or flat out made the game. Everyone else is pretty much just a matter of all companies involved making sure they don't make some kind of stupid mistake or other.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
According to a recent poll Nintendo themselves held on Twitter, Camilla is the most popular sibling in Fates, with Ryoma in second.

Though I kinda get the feeling they were voted for the wrong reasons. :p
That poll is honestly a bit iffy as it was done in a tournament-like format, was poorly advertised, and split the characters by generation (and second generation isn't nearly as popular as their first gen counterparts in most cases). So you had popular characters that were likely kicked off early due to who they went up against first, and characters who weren't that popular in the first place make it farther then they should've.

Having said that, considering Camilla also scored highly in the official Japanese poll (I think she was #2), she's probably the most popular sibling alongside Leo.

I have the list of Japan's favorite Pokemon.
Them kids love Arceus
View attachment 105404

View attachment 105405
Looking at this list, you can see how the franchise's promotion has influenced the votes. Many of the Pokémon in the top 50/100 are either legendaries, starters, mascots of sorts (ex. Eevee, Lucario), or were owned by a major character in the anime, and all of them by proxy of that are of course heavily promoted by the series. So it seems like many of the kids voting for the Pokémon had some influence from what's being promoted, and it makes sense since they're the crowd Pokémon is trying to cater to with these potential favorites.

I will say though, I find it interesting how well Archeops did. It is in none of the above groups, doesn't have al lot of promotion, and it can't be excused by trolling like Magnemite (at least, as far as we know), so it placing in the top 15 is quite impressive.

What surprises me the most is how high Zygarde is
It makes sense actually, Zygarde is one of the Pokémon currently promoted the most at this point in time with the anime, so it's on many kids' minds and they probably want their own for that reason. Really, I'm more surprised it didn't do better since it's up there with Greninja in that regard, yet it barely made the top 10.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder which comes first

Promotion of a pokemon or like of the pokemon

Do they promote a character, thus it becomes popular

Or does it become popular first THEN they promote it

Maybe both happen with different pokemon

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know the eyebrows are raising for having "Nazi" in the sentence, but this is what I was referencing:

Made a silly, crappy edit to help and because the tagline works perfectly. :V

mario_and_sonic_striped_pyjamas.png

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678

I think both. They promote some and try to make us like them, but others the game like, they promote them more

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
To be completely honest there's only one third party I'd be somewhat upset if he were cut...:4cloud:As much as I recognize the importance of characters like Sonic and Megaman and as much as I feel they have a place on the roster, I don't really care for them that much as fighters...

Cloud is the only character I wanted that was added into Smash...so I want him to stay pretty badly...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And it goes down and down.... And 19%, ouch.

I mean, critics can be dumb ***** sometimes, and I'm not saying that for subjective reasons, I've seen some really stupid reviews even for some of the best movies of all time. But when something gets this low, somethings probably not quite right..... Errrmmm.... But, I mean, this is one of those times where you look back on the trailers and yeah, you can at least kind of see it.(Of course some movie trailers can throw you off completely, for better or worse.)
I watched the trailer, and as someone who has little knowledge of the games, it seems a bit too crammed with jokes.

I guess that is the case for the whole film too.

:231:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No, pirate's are more about booty

---

Are you a chest or booty pirate?
Sounds like an idea for the next splatfest
:troll::troll:
Doesn't see Weavile or Salamence.../sadface...

Sees Magnemite.../angryface
He is there because between 4chan and Japan, they actually made him some type of meme the past year. This was acknowledged in Gengar's pokken trailer, because from what I have read, magemite actually won the poll, but they couldn't do that so they chose gengar, but gave magemite cameos.

It is a bit of both. They promote certain mons on there own, but fan favorites eventually get promoted through different ways, such as the anime or spinoff, or just random merch.

Now Sidenote, does anyone know how I can redeem the special daily rewards in miitomo? They were for a certain amount of people downloading, so Nintendo is doing some special thing for it.

I know the eyebrows are raising for having "Nazi" in the sentence, but this is what I was referencing:

Made a silly, crappy edit to help and because the tagline works perfectly. :V

View attachment 105412
I didn't think it would get better. It did

To be completely honest there's only one third party I'd be somewhat upset if he were cut...:4cloud:As much as I recognize the importance of characters like Sonic and Megaman and as much as I feel they have a place on the roster, I don't really care for them that much as fighters...

Cloud is the only character I wanted that was added into Smash...so I want him to stay pretty badly...
Same

I don't think anyone in the roster should be cut, but if anyone being cut would piss me off, it's Cloud. Pretty crazy turn around after not caring for him at all a year ago :laugh:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just tweeted that image and tried to tag it.

Maybe I'll finally be Twitter famous now.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Doesn't see Weavile or Salamence.../sadface...

Sees Magnemite.../angryface
Salamence was in the top 100 at #69, you can see him in the full list here.

Weavile sadly got screwed though.

Mixture of both. You do have Pokémon like Lugia, who were promoted to begin with, but maintained a good amount of promotion due to their high popularity. On the other hand, you have examples like Gardevoir, who weren't all that promoted when they were first revealed, but later got a lot of promotion because they were a hit with fans.

So it is dependant on the situation, some are pushed and then become popular, some just have to work for it on their own. Either way, no matter how you get it, once you're popular, you're placed among the most marketable of Pokémon.

Edit: :4greninja:

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Salamence was in the top 100 at #69, you can see him in the full list here.

Weavile sadly got screwed though.

Mixture of both I'd say. You do have Pokémon like Lugia, who were promoted to begin with, but maintained a good amount of promotion due to their high popularity. On the other hand, you have examples like Gardevoir, who weren't all that promoted when they were first revealed, but later got a lot of promotion because they were a hit with fans.

So it is dependant on the situation, some are pushed and then become popular, some just have to work for it on their own. Either way, no matter how you get it, once you're popular, you're placed among the most marketable of Pokémon.
Welp...at least Salamence got the best number :troll:

D

Deleted member

LMFAO, great, now I keep on getting Ratchet and Clank ads on rotten tomatoes, how ironic. :p

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
ugh the wait till civil war is killing me.It's so rare for me to actually be hyped for a movie like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom