• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This doesn't surprise me, the trailer of the movie didn't make it look very good. Nothing made me laugh surprisingly and that stereotypical over-hyping announcer voice you see in every kids movie killed it for me.

I think this will be a massive let down sadly, though I may go see it just because I'm a gamer who's looking to get into the series (that and I need to pass the time until Civil War). It doesn't look bad per say, but the underdog story has been done to death in kids movies and it doesn't look like it'll add anything new beyond being based on a video game.
On the brighter side of things, it does show that Hollywood is continuing to be more open to sticking more effort into video game adaptations (for the most part). Which is more than I could say for the rest of the medium.

I think it's only a matter of time before we get that video game answer to The Avengers and people realize that video game movies don't need to suck.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo can someone resize this image so it can fit in my sig? Much appreciated for whoever can do it. Loving this image personally.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WAIT, what?

Spark AND Plasma?

WHY???

Spark already took the best attributes of Plasma

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yo, who the **** thought it was a good idea to give an amiibo the ****ing screen nuke? Jiggly amiibo OP nerf plz
You can only use one of a certain amiibo per level, so it's not terribly broken. But rest in peace to minibosses to be sure.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You can only use one of a certain amiibo per level, so it's not terribly broken. But rest in peace to minibosses to be sure.
Not even that, just grab Crash from a previous stage, use Supernova on a boss, then use Jiggly, and use an ESP character as that's a stupidly broken ability. Also, do amiibo work in the Arenas? They fully heal you and it's the only way to get Smash Kirby in the Arena, so it's pisseasy then

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was thinking on seeing Ratchet & Clank tomorrow but I'm really worried about the reviews.

I've seen it said that it "doesn't have the wit of the games" and that it's just a bunch of juvenile gags.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This youtuber I've watched some of his videos is apparently going MGTOW...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Goes With Everything 2016 Edition has been released:

Sounds pretty good, though I still wish the opening melody was a little more pronounced.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I would see Ratchet and Clank tomorrow when it's out.
But that's the exact same day Civil War is out.
Ratchet got sent out to die.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I refuse to watch that PPG show, I'd rather just go back and relive the awesomeness that is the original.

No one could ever top the original cast.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean I would probably go see Civil War but I haven't seen any of the more recent MCU films because I never had an interest before. I only recently got somewhat of a mild interest in watching them and I would watch the others first.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm interested in Civil War, but the only MCU movies I've seen are Hulk (which I barely remember), Guardians of the Galaxy, and Ant-Man. The rest of the MCU movies are on my very long list of movies I need to see.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Remember the guy who claimed FE was annual? He says that Nintendo claiming FE is a major IP means nothing and that it'll probably die out next year
Wha. . .t.

If I'm reading this correctly, that's one heck of a 180 on the part of whoever this is, especially since neither assessment is correct.

Why on earth would Fire Emblem be made annually if it was about to die? And it's not, Awakening and Fates had a three year gap between them, but both of those games also pushed over a million units as far as I'm aware, which is a pretty impressive number of units for a non-Mario, non-Zelda, non-Pokemon, non-casual game. If one million units for a title is terrible now, Pikmin should be dead. Instead, Pikmin is currently getting a fourth game and always has a bunch of little plushes in the Nintendo merch bins of various places.

Oh, and if Nintendo decided Fire Emblem is important enough that it should be one of their first two non-Mii IPs to get an app of all things, then it isn't likely to go aaaaanywhere.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
What do you mean? Everyone knows only characters matters! The fact it has no Smash Run enemies, no non-Awakening trophies, two stages that are just as bad as Pokemon Stadium and only one track from each pre-PoR game means nothing!
It doesn't but playable character representation has the most meaning to people because fighting game rosters are by far the biggest deal in any fighting game besides gameplay. Regardless of whether or not FE is "overrepresented" or not, pointing to non-playable representation doesn't invalidate the fact that the franchise has gotten very well-treated in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom