• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are getting a Wii U game.

Isn't the mobile game supposed to connect with another AC game?
Could be AC NX being a launch title. (or just a very early release)

With all the 100s of rumors out there this sin't surprising, but i've seen theories that the NX is supposed to connect to mobile.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wonder how the NX is going to "coexist" with the Wii U and 3DS.

Any ideas on what it is?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Depends on whether or not you missed all the info from yesterday

The stuff in the title, AC and FE mobile games, only Zelda playable at E3 etc.
So basically stuff I've seen on Twitter already.

On FE being important now, I have mixed feelings considering the amount of changes Awakening and Fates brought. Some of them were good and interesting ideas, but I grew to despise others (i.e. higher focus on fanservice and similar kinds of pandering).

That is to say, I still find the older FEs more appealing.
My brother got the game. He's having a blast with Impa. I personally love Toon Link's jump.
Ganondorf is still the best character. Coming for me, this is predictable. :p

I've also been watching the fantastic anime "Erased". Have you seen it?
Yes, I've seen it.

And yes, it's fantastic. One of the best anime series I've watched.

Right now, I've been following 9 series as they air in Japan, those being:
- Joker Game (which is absolutely fantastic so far and among the best of this bunch, and I recommend it to anyone who likes fiction based on World War II)
- Twin Star Exorcists (easily the most disappointing of the bunch, which is a shame since the manga is pretty good...)
- Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 (pretty alright, being mecha and all, plus Sawano's music)
- Bungou Stray Dogs (which is not recommended for those who dislike black comedy, otherwise it's fun and coming from the same studio and director who worked on Soul Eater, it's just as zany and eccentric, if not more)
- Boku no Hero Academia (one of the best shounen action series I've watched and very loyal to the manga)
- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress (it's done by the same team as Attack on Titan and it shows, so it's amazing)
- Kiznaiver (weird, but the good kind of weird... then again, it's by Trigger, who previously did Kill la Kill)
- The second seasons of Ushio to Tora and Concrete Revolutio (second seasons, so I'm curious to see how those stories will end)

You missed getting to see the chaos and uncertainty after the Nintendo investors meeting.

As well as all the FE Smash Bros jokes we made. :estatic:
I've seen that on Twitter, as I mentioned earlier in this post.

And well, seeing 6 FE characters in Smash after such a statement isn't too farfetched in the end. Remember that Sakurai wasn't the one to come up with Corrin and, even though he mentioned the Bandai Namco staff convincing him to add the character, I get a feeling that Nintendo's executives may have also had a hand in it.

They promoted FE a lot over the last year, with it being the franchise's 25th anniversary and the Japanese release of Fates and they're still doing so with the international releases of Fates as well as the new mobile game.

As for the NX release date and Zelda's delay, I don't like how they barely seem to have anything prepared for E3. Hype went down significantly.

And with all this said, I'm off for dinner. Can't be doing anything on an empty stomach, after all. Bye.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wonder how the NX is going to "coexist" with the Wii U and 3DS.

Any ideas on what it is?
It's going to kill the Wii U in cold blood. 3DS will probably have a few years left in it's life. I can see it lasting til 2018 or even 2019.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Right now, I've been following 9 series as they air in Japan, those being:
- Joker Game (which is absolutely fantastic so far and among the best of this bunch, and I recommend it to anyone who likes fiction based on World War II)
*Runs out of thread to watch*

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That should have been Female Corrin's tagline knowing that she is forced to wear sweatpants over her thighs.

Just like how certain TMS characters would have to wear spats or shadows in Smash.
Or Cheeksqueak having his whole face censored because it resembles a butt and toilet humor is baaaaaad. :troll:

That's why we can have the cutest, fuzziest idol loving yokai mascot Jibanyan instead. :3

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently in the new King's Quest, graham has to choose between 2 girls to find out which one is Valenice. To which I think some kind of magic is involved or something

IDK, if I were a king I don't see why I'd have to choose. I'm the king, damnit. I get all the girls

Mega Man legacy collection is on sale for $10.00 on steam as part of an Anime Sale.

Looks like I owe it to anime for finally getting me to play some Mega Man. :laugh:

RWBY Grimm Eclipse is on sale too so I need to pick that up ASAP

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apparently in the new King's Quest, graham has to choose between 2 girls to find out which one is Valenice. To which I think some kind of magic is involved or something

IDK, if I were a king I don't see why I'd have to choose. I'm the king, damnit. I get all the girls
Uh, yeah, that didn't end up so well for the last king I heard about
Mega Man legacy collection is on sale for $10.00 on steam as part of an Anime Sale.

Looks like I owe it to anime for finally getting me to play some Mega Man. :laugh:

RWBY Grimm Eclipse is on sale too so I need to pick that up ASAP
So, do we add +1 to the "anime swordsman in Smash" counter?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Uh, yeah, that didn't end up so well for the last king I heard about

So, do we add +1 to the "anime swordsman in Smash" counter?
I think most kings had a wife and woman on the side. Sometimes their wives and side lovers were even friends

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I know that, but if you try to marry all of them, things don't end so well...
This one person I talked to in class was from Kenya, and in his family the father takes many wives and has many children.

Probably why even though he was married he was still hooking up with girls in America.

They have all the wives live in a separate hut and all the children live in additional seperate huts

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, I know that, but if you try to marry all of them, things don't end so well...
It was pretty common for kings to have loads of wives and then even more concubines.

*shrug*

Maybe not in Europe, but it was common elsewhere - Middle East, India, China...

:231:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
How the hell does Ryu not give the Fighter ability?!

It seems like a third party thing with Random abilities, but still...
I'm more upset Sonic didn't get Wheel.

Hey guys. How are you all doing? Did I miss anything?

I see this thread is lightning fast as usual.

Last weekend, I got Hyrule Warriors Legends. Very fun game, especially since I've unlocked the Great King himself. :4ganondorf:

I didn't imagine it had so much content to unlock, though. This is going to be a game I'll play for a long while... Not that it's a bad thing, of course.
M8. Dorf is the most fun character in the game that isn't any of the Links, Zelda/Sheik and Ironically Zant of all people.
Remember kids: No one expects Air Mac

Back to FG
Insert Spanish Inquisition joke here

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So Ratchet and Clank currently has 31% on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ratchet_and_clank/

Hopefully this is just a matter of critics not liking it...
Wait wait hold up I need to go through my list of possible rebuttals.

I have "It's not meant for critics", "I've lost all hope in critics.", "They're just hating to be haters.", and "What did you expect? It's a video game movie".

It's a smorgasbord of fire, but the question is which one would get the more likes?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Decided to try Sonic Generations with the Wii U Pro Controller.

Other games I tried didn't do this, but Sonic Generations actually reads A button inputs on the Pro Controller, as 360 controller A button inputs, same for all of the other letters.

So I truly know what Generations on Wii U would be like.

Also, I happened to have mods on.

Sonic Colours HD when?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Just got Mini Mario & Friends. They need to make more games like this in terms of amiibo functionality. Instead of AC Party which was a full price game that also needed amiibo to play. Heck you can't even get muiltiplayer unless you bought the first run with Digby.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The Ratchet & Clank movie is still better than Pixels.

Though seeing it with a lower score than Wreck It Ralph is expected, yet a bit worrisome.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My gut tells me it's a "critics" thing with maybe a formulaic plot being blamed.

I mean I loved Pokemon Coloseum and XD while critics derided them as the death of Pokemon and are probably why we'll never get a console RPG ever again. And they liked Sticker Star.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So Ratchet and Clank currently has 31% on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ratchet_and_clank/

Hopefully this is just a matter of critics not liking it...
This doesn't surprise me, the trailer of the movie didn't make it look very good. Nothing made me laugh surprisingly and that stereotypical over-hyping announcer voice you see in every kids movie killed it for me.

I think this will be a massive let down sadly, though I may go see it just because I'm a gamer who's looking to get into the series (that and I need to pass the time until Civil War). It doesn't look bad per say, but the underdog story has been done to death in kids movies and it doesn't look like it'll add anything new beyond being based on a video game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My gut tells me it's a "critics" thing with maybe a formulaic plot being blamed.

I mean I loved Pokemon Coloseum and XD while critics derided them as the death of Pokemon and are probably why we'll never get a console RPG ever again. And they liked Sticker Star.
From the trailer it seems like a formulaic plot with lowbrow humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom