• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wha. . .t.

If I'm reading this correctly, that's one heck of a 180 on the part of whoever this is, especially since neither assessment is correct.

Why on earth would Fire Emblem be made annually if it was about to die? And it's not, Awakening and Fates had a three year gap between them, but both of those games also pushed over a million units as far as I'm aware, which is a pretty impressive number of units for a non-Mario, non-Zelda, non-Pokemon, non-casual game. If one million units for a title is terrible now, Pikmin should be dead. Instead, Pikmin is currently getting a fourth game and always has a bunch of little plushes in the Nintendo merch sections of video game stores, toy sections, and bookstores all over the place.

Oh, and if Nintendo decided Fire Emblem is important enough that it should be one of their first two non-Mii IPs to get an app of all things, then it isn't likely to go aaaaanywhere.
He claimed FE was annual in an attempt to smacktalk it because COD is annual too. Then even non FE fans told him to shut the **** up about stuff he doesn't know anything about. He also claims all pokemon games are **** except Platinum, the only one he played. He borrowed X for a few months from a friend and he didn't even touch it. "All the new pokemon are ****"

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nope. Armor doesn't have all the same powers as normal Kirby. I actually haven't tried putting an amiibo on when in the armor admittedly.
Looked it up

There is no mirror mode

That's what I was hoping for :(

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
He claimed FE was annual in an attempt to smacktalk it because COD is annual too. Then even non FE fans told him to shut the **** up about stuff he doesn't know anything about. He also claims all pokemon games are **** except Platinum, the only one he played. He borrowed X for a few months from a friend and he didn't even touch it. "All the new pokemon are ****"
Wh. . .aaaaa. . .

I mean, that smack talk COD comparison comes up a lot on GameFAQ's Pokemon section, but except for last year you can almost kinda see why. Fire Emblem, though. . .how. Just HOW.

. . .Maybe all the games he plays either have fairly slow dev cycles and randomly skip generations at will (Metroid), only show up approximately once a generation or system, give or take a game (Pikmin, Smash, Animal Crossing), or released 1-3 titles and fell off the face of the earth (oh, a lot of things). That would explain the skewed perception. His mind is altering time in order to endure the wait for what he actually wants.

And badmouthing games simply because he hasn't personally played them, even going so far as to go full Green Eggs And Ham on an opportunity to try something new and outright refusing to? Yep, sound like the typical "anime" hater to me. :troll:

I will probably wind up watching Ratchet anyway. I really only watch movies through Redbox (Zootopia and Deadpool were exceptions) and even if most people don't like it it will probably be worth a dollar for nostalgia lone

I still have Captain AMerica and Avengers 2 to watch before Civil War :(

I can't tell if this is purposeful ignorance or **** taste

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wh. . .aaaaa. . .

I mean, that smack talk COD comparison comes up a lot on GameFAQ's Pokemon section, but except for last year you can almost kinda see why. Fire Emblem, though. . .how. Just HOW.

. . .Maybe all the games he plays either have fairly slow dev cycles and randomly skip generations at will (Metroid), only show up approximately once a generation or system, give or take a game (Pikmin, Smash, Animal Crossing), or released 1-3 titles and fell off the face of the earth (oh, a lot of things). That would explain the skewed perception. His mind is altering time in order to endure the wait for what he actually wants.

And badmouthing games simply because he hasn't personally played them, even going so far as to go full Green Eggs And Ham on an opportunity to try something new and outright refusing to? Yep, sound like the typical "anime" hater to me. :troll:
I will probably wind up watching Ratchet anyway. I really only watch movies through Redbox (Zootopia and Deadpool were exceptions) and even if most people don't like it it will probably be worth a dollar for nostalgia lone

I still have Captain AMerica and Avengers 2 to watch before Civil War :(

I can't tell if this is purposeful ignorance or **** taste
He's ACTUALLY that dumb. His best/worst moment?

Me and a friend were spreading Daredevil propaganda.

He told us to shut up about anime

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still haven't watched either Avenger's movie

Although I've seen the other Marvel movies. Except Thor 2 because I hated Thor 1

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Give me an anime suggestion (that isn't One-Punch Man).

I feel like binge watching all of a sudden, dunno what to do with the rest of my night.

I was thinking Cowboy Bebop or Heaven's Lost Property myself.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I feel like binge watching all of a sudden, dunno what to do with the rest of my night.

The Flying House

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Cowboy Bebop's a classic. If you haven't seen it I say watch that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"I bet this is going to be a bunch of Nintendoomed predictions, isn't it"

*reads*

*a couple of Nintendoomed, a few dwelling on how Nintendo's strategy relates to smartphones, and a couple actually realizing why the heck Nintendo is causing a game drought and how that plays into their strategy in the long term exactly like I've been saying*

Well better than I expected, I guess.

Also Pachter has spoken. We're DEFINITELY getting the NX in March. :troll:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Alright this made me laugh....
And PPG is terrible in this reboot I see...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo isn't doomed, but their E3 show and second half of 2016 most likely is.
At this point I take the entirety of 2015, 2016, and to some greater or lesser degree the entire Wii U run as being one huge ritual sacrifice to fuel the power of the NX upon it's creation.

I can almost see all that time and effort on a sacrificial stone altar as Nintendo waves over salad dressing and chants incantations as a billowing cloud slowly transforms into the true form of the NX.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh wait, there is a new episode of Assassination Classroom. I'll probably just watch at least that for tonight.

Also there was a new Gundam series that aired last year and apparently it's pretty fantastic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm glad I use a trackball mouse. I don't need no stinkin' mouse pad

Ivander

Smash Legend
I have the list of Japan's favorite Pokemon.
Them kids love Arceus
View attachment 105404
.......Only 13 of those are not Legendary Pokemon. Only 2 of them are starter Pokemon, 2 of them are Eevees, 1 is the Mascot, 2 of them are Fossil Pokemon, 1 is the Fighting Game Pokemon, only 1 is a Pseudo-legendary, 1 is a meme, 1 is a Fairy Pikachu, 1 is the androgynous guardian and the last 1 is a nobody. Just kidding somewhat. That being said, Arbok should totally get a Poison/Dragon Mega Evolution with Protean.

Really Japan?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Goes With Everything 2016 Edition has been released:

Sounds pretty good, though I still wish the opening melody was a little more pronounced.
The actual melody is a little too de-emphasised for my taste. :ohwell:

The electrical guitar nearly overshadows the actual theme.

:231:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Pirates search for treasure chests not those chests

smh
And we all know that the fanboys would love to look for Robin and Nami's treasure "chests". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

D

Deleted member

Pirates search for treasure chests not those chests

smh
Pirates are more about the booty though

Yes, this is from the actual game
Also, I guess Leo is a pirate now

Last edited by a moderator:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

I highly recommend Cowboy Bebop. Probably one of my favorite shows in general. I really liked how it had a more western feel to it compared to other anime, plus the soundtrack is amazing imo. Dub is also the best way to watch it anyway :p

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Pirates are more about the booty though

Yes, this is from the actual game
Also, I guess Leo is a pirate now
Now Leo x Pirate is my new OTP all of a sudden.

Thanks a lot Treehouse localizers. :urg:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The actual melody is a little too de-emphasised for my taste. :ohwell:

The electrical guitar nearly overshadows the actual theme.

Funnily enough, the music for the Air Force stage?

Literally another remix of Guile's theme lol. More in line with the original track.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh come on! How can you forget about the Pirate Empress Boa Hancock? She is the most beautiful thing in the universe.
Nah, that vain ***** pales in comparison to the real booty of Big Mom.

:troll:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just had a go at the Mini Mario & Friends game that came out today.

I've completely forgotten the cartoony grunts the Thwomp's make in this series. I think that's the only time they actually have a voice other than Super Mario 64, no?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Funnily enough, the music for the Air Force stage?

Literally another remix of Guile's theme lol. More in line with the original track.

Much better, although this one has shortened the theme noticeably. Still, I do like this more.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I still haven't watched either Avenger's movie

Although I've seen the other Marvel movies. Except Thor 2 because I hated Thor 1
This is probably the strangest thing I've heard all day.

I've heard of people seeing just the Avengers films but for you you have seen all of them but the Avengers films.

You got to get on that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom