• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Zelda UNX is the only game that'll have a playable demo on the show floor.
Yeah, only game playable and not only game showed, but for some reason a lot of people are saying E3 will just be Zelda XD
Still, a giant show floor for just one game is weird.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, only game playable and not only game showed, but for some reason a lot of people are saying E3 will just be Zelda XD
To be very fair, with Smash 3DS / Wii U all done, there really isn't much that Nintendo can offer right now that would bring hype to the gamers. Now that Star Fox Zero is released, there really isn't much else to look forward to.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGAD AAAAAAAAA CIVIL WAR WAS AMAZING TOM HOLLAND WAS PERFECT FOR SPIDEY AND BLACK PANTHER WAS COOL AND THE ACTION SCENES WERE HYPE AS **** AAAAAAAAAAA AND SPIDEY IS ACTUALLY PERFECT I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT ANTMAN WAS HYPE TOO AAAAAAUUUUGGHH

Burruni

Smash Hero
Here's the root of the concern.
The WiiU is very much on its way out the door and we're getting beloved closers for it such as Color Splash and TMS#FE
We've gotten a sizable chunk of the 3DS stuff made/funded by Nintendo leaked or shown off in directs prior so beyond "Project N-Stars" there isn't much that people think will bring hype there.
And thus knowing that Zelda's 30th is here, with UNX being the only game appearently on the game floor, there's very little faith in it being a good/great E3.
Are people saying things that are hyperbole? A bit.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I mean a new Metroid game for the NX would be pretty hype....doesn't even have to be Prime 4...could be Metroid 5, a remake for Metroid II...y'know a Metroid game where you play as Samus...re-releases don't count (unless they actually release II and Fusion to VC that'd be cool since I haven't played those games yet)

...but maybe that's just me (I know it isn't though)

Last edited:

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
Inb4 Koei Tecmo's NX project is Emblem Warriors :denzel:

In other not so news news, the LINE app got Kirby stickers and by golly are they cute. Also lots of Waddle Dees (not of the bandanna variety sadly Chandeelure Chandeelure )
https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/6287/ (Idk if that link is correct my iPhone keeps redirecting to the Chinese page for it)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sounds like another Hyrule Warriors sequel to milk for me. But I'm sure they have plans to make a new FF that fixes Maiden of the Black Water's mistakes.

I would be excited if it means us finally having Dead or Alive on a powerful Nintendo console, but I wouldn't bet on it after all the DOA5 cash-ins recently.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Wizzro's Lv3 Weapon Mission is almost assuredly going to be the easiest of them all.
It was just a "rack up your KO count" mission.
A Rank requirement is somewhere between 1,200 and 1,500
I got over 5k.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Fatal Frame has a lot of potential. I'd be interested in purchasing a sequel for the NX.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What about Final Fantasy Dissidia?

Is that ever going to see a Nintendo console release?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Crazy to think that Fire Emblem has gone from near-cancellation to being considered an important franchise. Hopefully Nintendo will learn from this with other forgotten franchises.

Still over repped in Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Crazy to think that Fire Emblem has gone from near-cancellation to being considered an important franchise. Hopefully Nintendo will learn from this with other forgotten franchises.

Still over repped in Smash.
So Advance Wars Kid Icarus should be next? :troll:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, I just want to bring up a comparison.

Wii U launch:

Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros According-To-Fans-They're-Tired-Of-This-Nostalgia-Exploiting-Rehashing-Constantly
Nintendo Land
ZombiU
. . .Lego City Undercover. . .?
Wonderful 101
Some other stuff. . .I think. . .

Implied NX launch:

Pikmin 4
3D Mario
Mainline Zelda (does not apply for Wii U owners)
Animal Crossing
(Title from Retro)
(Title from Koei Temco)
(Monolith Soft also has something but I doubt it's a launch title. Still, who knows, so I'll throw it up here)

Say what you will about your preferences on controls we haven't even seen yet (or don't, please don't), but this launch selection is already leagues ahead of that of the Wii U and this is just off of major games we know are in development but haven't seen or have been implied to be in the works. There's quite a bit of overlap to be sure, but what's new is LEAGUES ahead of any old stuff that doesn't pop up here, and this probably isn't even all of it, especially considering just how heavy the drought has been. I mean, before it was hard to find a game for the newest system launch to actually rally around. All the games were support titles that couldn't hold up a system on their own no matter how good they were. Now we most likely have 3D Mario, Legend of Zelda, AND Animal Crossing all at once.

The remote for this thing could be a rubber chicken and it wouldn't change the fact that the launch lineup for it seems like it's going to be fantastic. At this point I say it's in the system namers' and marketing's court. If they do their jobs, this thing can sell.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Me: "So, are we going to watch Civil War this weekend?"
Friend 1: "Ugh, no, I'm not giving Marvel my money"
Friend 2: "Alright, cool, let's just go without you"
Me: "Saturday then?"
Friend 1: "What? But I can't on Saturday"
Friend 2: "But you aren't even going"
Friend 1: "Wow, I can't believe you two are leaving me out like this!"
Me: "You literally just said you don't want to watch it!"
When you only look at characters, yes, but everything else is quite the opposite
What do you mean? Everyone knows only characters matters! The fact it has no Smash Run enemies, no non-Awakening trophies, two stages that are just as bad as Pokemon Stadium and only one track from each pre-PoR game means nothing!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
and now its time for everyonnes favorite game show
"we can protend this means nothing but lets be real"
http://nintendoeverything.com/koei-tecmo-currently-developing-for-nx/

all im saying is i called it as soon as people were asking about legends dlc
(it being a hyrule warriors for nx because as said earlier lets be real people will pay big bucks if it means getting a better and more complete version of a game they love and seeing as many people wished they could play hyrule warriors but they either dont have a wiiu of a new 3ds...you get my point))
Imagine if it's a third port of Hyrule Warriors?

It would be ported as much as Twilight Princess lol.
Although this would be pretty good as well.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGAD AAAAAAAAA CIVIL WAR WAS AMAZING TOM HOLLAND WAS PERFECT FOR SPIDEY AND BLACK PANTHER WAS COOL AND THE ACTION SCENES WERE HYPE AS **** AAAAAAAAAAA AND SPIDEY IS ACTUALLY PERFECT I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT ANTMAN WAS HYPE TOO AAAAAAUUUUGGHH
I hate the entirety of Europe right now.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Not over repped, but it was hardly lacking. It got 2 new stages across both versions, and an Assist.
Yes.
It's now an "A-Tier" series with
6 characters, 0 Items, 3 stages, and 1 assist trophy.

Edit: Yes, the value of these things are now 1:1, but it's still something to note.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yes.
It's now an "A-Tier" series with
6 characters, 0 Items, 3 stages, and 1 assist trophy.

Edit: Yes, the value of these things are now 1:1, but it's still something to note.
I don't think I'd call it A-tier... Like, A-tier would be Mario/Pokemon... Even Kirby/Metroid/Star Fox aren't A-tier.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I don't think I'd call it A-tier... Like, A-tier would be Mario/Pokemon... Even Kirby/Metroid/Star Fox aren't A-tier.
Well, that's honestly just because I put :4mario::4link::4pikachu: as an "S" tier just because they're such a major franchise to gaming as a whole, not just Nintendo.

:4kirby::4marth: and to debate :4dk::4samus::4villager::4fox: being your A-tiers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know, I just want to bring up a comparison.

Wii U launch:

Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros According-To-Fans-They're-Tired-Of-This-Nostalgia-Exploiting-Rehashing-Constantly
Hyrule Warriors
Nintendo Land
ZombiU
. . .Lego City Undercover. . .?
Wonderful 101
Some other stuff. . .I think. . .

Implied NX launch:

Pikmin 4
3D Mario
Mainline Zelda (does not apply for Wii U owners)
Animal Crossing
(Title from Retro)
(Title from Koei Temco)
(Monolith Soft also has something but I doubt it's a launch title. Still, who knows, so I'll throw it up here)

Say what you will about your preferences on controls we haven't even seen yet (or don't, please don't), but this launch selection is already leagues ahead of that of the Wii U and this is just off of major games we know are in development but haven't seen or have been implied to be in the works. There's quite a bit of overlap to be sure, but what's new is LEAGUES ahead of any old stuff that doesn't pop up here, and this probably isn't even all of it, especially considering just how heavy the drought has been. I mean, before it was hard to find a game for the newest system launch to actually rally around. All the games were support titles that couldn't hold up a system on their own no matter how good they were. Now we most likely have 3D Mario, Legend of Zelda, AND Animal Crossing all at once.

The remote for this thing could be a rubber chicken and it wouldn't change the fact that the launch lineup for it seems like it's going to be fantastic. At this point I say it's in the system namers' and marketing's court. If they do their jobs, this thing can sell.
Hyrule Warriors wasn't even close to a launch title for the Wii U. It came out August 2014.

The Wii U launch line up would have been miles better with that game alone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So because I have no willpower in the slightest and spoilers actually get me more hyped for a film for some reason, I spoiled Civil War for myself a week or so ago. :p Damn you, international people! Damn you for getting it ~a week before us! :p

Just got back from watching Captain America: Civil War, and I'm not going to lie...

I'm slightly disappointed that Cap didn't die :ohwell:

Movie was had a lot of comedic parts that made everyone in the cinema laugh :p

My favourite part of the movie was definitely the Giant Man sequence, that was so cool :yeahboi:
So regarding that...
My whole thing is that deaths like that aren't needed if the rest of the film is good (and in this case, great). Sure, I may be saying that since Cap's my favorite characters, but seriously. :p I think the fact that they were able to make that masterful and gripping of a movie without going the predictable route and killing off Cap is a testament to the writing. It looks like this'll happen again with Thor Ragnarok, with Hemsworth saying he's filming for both parts. Curious to see how that turns out.

I do expect hefty casualties in Infinity War, though.

Also, Giant-Man. :D I'm hyped to see it just for that scene. Empire Strikes Back reference, too. :p

Also I've finally gotten around to reading some Doctor Strange because of the free month of Unlimited, and my god is he awesome. Probably in my top three favorites now. I'm gonna be really disappointed if they never do The Oath's storyline in the MCU. It'd be a perfect Doctor Strange sequel. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hyrule Warriors wasn't even close to a launch title for the Wii U. It came out August 2014.

The Wii U launch line up would have been miles better with that game alone.
Alright, editing that. I'm a little embarrassed at myself about the mistake, but this actually proves my point even further.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Civil War comes out here a day after my exams end. Couldn't ask for a better timing.

:231:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Reminder that Mini-Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge released everywhere today for free, on Wii U & 3DS.

If you have some amiibo, it's a nice little treat. I've been enjoying it.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So because I have no willpower in the slightest and spoilers actually get me more hyped for a film for some reason, I spoiled Civil War for myself a week or so ago. :p Damn you, international people! Damn you for getting it ~a week before us! :p

So regarding that...
My whole thing is that deaths like that aren't needed if the rest of the film is good (and in this case, great). Sure, I may be saying that since Cap's my favorite characters, but seriously. :p I think the fact that they were able to make that masterful and gripping of a movie without going the predictable route and killing off Cap is a testament to the writing. It looks like this'll happen again with Thor Ragnarok, with Hemsworth saying he's filming for both parts. Curious to see how that turns out.

I do expect hefty casualties in Infinity War, though.

Also, Giant-Man. :D I'm hyped to see it just for that scene. Empire Strikes Back reference, too. :p

Also I've finally gotten around to reading some Doctor Strange because of the free month of Unlimited, and my god is he awesome. Probably in my top three favorites now. I'm gonna be really disappointed if they never do The Oath's storyline in the MCU. It'd be a perfect Doctor Strange sequel. :p
If anything Infinity War is where they'll kill Cap right after they have him do this:

The current Dr Strange run is probably one of Marvel's best at the moment.
Strange Tales Vol 2 is another I remember being rather enjoyable.

D

Deleted member

And speaking of FE...
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160428005545/en/Nintendo-News-DLC-Maps-Headed-Fire-Emblem
Map Pack 2 is coming May 5
It's the entirety of Recollection of Bubbles that was released in March in Japan, I'm surprised with how quick they localizated these. It's basically Fates's version of the Future Past DLC in Awakening, but you play with preset units(in this case, the children units)
Also, Another Gift From Anna is also coming for free which gives you a pair of Boots and Paragon items(?)

And of course, let's not forget that it'll come with some great music

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I still have a week and a day to go until Civil War. No other movie has ever made me so hyped before.

I don't know much about Dr. Strange though. Odds are I'll see the movie anyways and enjoy it, but I'm not approaching it with any expectations

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well, that's honestly just because I put :4mario::4link::4pikachu: as an "S" tier just because they're such a major franchise to gaming as a whole, not just Nintendo.

:4kirby::4marth: and to debate :4dk::4samus::4villager::4fox: being your A-tiers.
You'd comfortably call Fire Emblem an a-tier, over Animal Crossing and Donkey Kong?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You'd comfortably call Fire Emblem an a-tier, over Animal Crossing and Donkey Kong?
Currently at least, FE is getting more focus than either of those.

Maybe not Animal Crossing, but it's definitely getting more attention than Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Currently at least, FE is getting more focus than either of those.

Uh. Animal Crossing is getting a mobile game, was in Mario Kart, had a Wii U game, a 3DS game and a dedicated Amiibo line. DK is constantly relevant as he's in all the Mario spinoffs, just had another Wii U/3DS game with Mario, etc etc.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Reminder that Mini-Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge released everywhere today for free, on Wii U & 3DS.

If you have some amiibo, it's a nice little treat. I've been enjoying it.
@Wario Bros. hit me up with an early download code last week or so, and it's actually been really enjoyable. Of the Mario amiibo, I only have Mario, Yoshi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong, but it's nonetheless less enjoyable. I actually plan on picking up Luigi specifically for it, since his levels look neat. Still confused as to why Wario's not compatible beyond the generic levels though. I like how some levels are genuinely challenging, too. One of Yoshi's later levels in particular comes to mind.

If anything Infinity War is where they'll kill Cap right after they have him do this:

The current Dr Strange run is probably one of Marvel's best at the moment.
Strange Tales Vol 2 is another I remember being rather enjoyable.
I read the first issue of that since it's been added to Unlimited, and I gotta say, it's pretty neat. Definitely toys with some interesting concepts even within the first issue. Makes me wish I had a comic shop within driving distance from me. :p From what I hear, it's one of the better ANAD runs so far (people have been saying Vision's is the best from what I hear).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom