• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually during gen 2, Nidoking was on my team as well

I'm just saying, if I play the game again, that's the team I wanna try. It'll be a new experience

Such as me using Exeggutar in gen 1. He's awesome in gen 1 but I never used him then

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Ok.
Anyone who has HW: Legends
Where do I grind materials off of Young Links?
I need like 4 of his silver and 2 of his gold before I take on Skull Kid's Lv3 Weapon mission
Maybe Toon Link? He did rob him off his moveset and his spot in Smash Bros after all.

Jks haven't played HW lol.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
So guess who finally has a canon body in SFZ?

I'm seeing a big rise in Smash viability and support come Smash 5 proper. Andross always had the credentials but suffered from an actual legitimate case of TooBigAndAwkward-Itis that Ridley keeps getting misdiagnosed with. Now that he not only has a body, but that it's also properly sized, Andross just became a real contender for future Smash games I'd say. So long as we get Wolf back first he's got my support.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now the real question is when will the FE visual novel come out?
It's going to happen eventually.
An official Fire Emblem visual novel?

That would be the best thing to ever happen.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I'm seeing a big rise in Smash viability and support come Smash 5 proper. Andross always had the credentials but suffered from an actual legitimate case of TooBigAndAwkward-Itis that Ridley keeps getting misdiagnosed with. Now that he not only has a body, but that it's also properly sized, Andross just became a real contender for future Smash games I'd say. So long as we get Wolf back first he's got my support.
Not before we get Krystal, Wolf, and Slippy first!

But Andross would be a pretty cool fighter if they make him work. Having some original psychic abilities along with his trademark boss fight attacks in his moveset would be cool. The Final Smash however would be pretty obvious if we think about it.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I thought this was supposed to be a simple game of solitaire....

Why does it get so complicated? They really booted this game into some weird yet cool mechanics...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My team changes quite frequently in Crystal however...
If I have someone to trade with...
:157::215::212::065::227::062:

and I also cycle through these guys fairly often...or as often as I could...
:059::071::097::093::099::130::131::143::148::164::162::178::197::195::248:

Man so many fond memories playing Crystal...I never picked up Gold or Silver because I never got the GameBoy Color, but once I got the GB Advance I picked up Crystal and I am thankful for getting Crystal over the others for one reason only... :215: Sneasels were available in Gold and Silver but not until late game, like really late game but in Crystal they were a rare find in Ice Path at night...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My team changes quite frequently in Crystal however...
If I have someone to trade with...
:157::215::212::065::227::062:

and I also cycle through these guys fairly often...or as often as I could...
:059::071::097::093::099::130::131::143::148::164::162::178::197::195::248:

Man so many fond memories playing Crystal...I never picked up Gold or Silver because I never got the GameBoy Color, but once I got the GB Advance I picked up Crystal and I am thankful for getting Crystal over the others for one reason only... :215: Sneasels were available in Gold and Silver but not until late game, like really late game but in Crystal they were a rare find in Ice Path at night...
My team was always different as well.

I mixed it up with :012::022::067::130::131::106::143::219::196::178:&:217:.

Although Emerald was straight forward depending on the starter but it was always
  • Blaziken
  • Swellow
  • :130:
  • Solrock
  • Sableye
  • Ninjask

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh gosh..

Last time I played Crystal... I think I used...

:157::093::164::080::168::245:

It was hard but fun.

My Heart Gold playthrough had...

:157::094::164::080::168::250:

Yup.

I recreated it, mostly.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh gosh..

Last time I played Crystal... I think I used...

:157::093::164::080::168::245:

It was hard but fun.

My Heart Gold playthrough had...

:157::094::164::080::168::250:

Yup.

I recreated it, mostly.
Why are using Legendaries? Do you have any legit honor? Real men don't need Legendaries

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

This is freaking amazing. I'd love Andross as a playable fighter, he's totally important enough to be a SF rep. I always thought Andross had a normal size body somewhere but maybe not. I mean, everyone else is normal sized, why is he the only giant?

Also if Wolf is in the next Smash...

I totally want him riding in that sick Wolf-shaped walker: the Hunter.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My team was always different as well.

I mixed it up with :012::022::067::130::131::106::143::219::196::178:&:217:.

Although Emerald was straight forward depending on the starter but it was always
  • Blaziken
  • Swellow
  • :130:
  • Solrock
  • Sableye
  • Ninjask
I had Ruby back in the day so I was denied the greatness that is Sableye...which I discovered it's true greatness in competitive...

but for the most part I used...i never really had a definitive team of six
Aggron, Salamence were both regulars...
Sceptile or Blaziken...I like Sceptile better but Blaziken is more useful overall
Swellow/Skarmory until I get Salamence
Sharpedo/Crawdaunt/Wailord/Relicanth/Gyarados Water types cycled a lot, I usually have two since there are three Water HM's
Ninjask sometimes...
Cacturne/Shiftry were my Grass types if I didn't have Sceptile
Flygon every now and then if I force myself to not use Salamence...
I used Metagross rarely since it's post-game only and there isn't much to do post-game...

Yeah there's a lot of pokemon I used...I remember doing a bunch of pre-planning to try out various new pokemon and balancing the teams as best as possible while adding in as much new pokemon

Edit: Crap, I forgot about the ghosts Banette/Dusclops...How could I forget the ghosts!?!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I used Cacturne in a gen 4 sandstorm team. Although I cheated and gave him double team

Edit: What's with you all and using haunter?

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I used Cacturne in a gen 4 sandstorm team. Although I cheated and gave him double team

Edit: What's with you all and using haunter?
1. No one to trade with...
2. I can't speak for everyone but I actually like Haunter's design over Gengar anyways so I didn't mind using him...and I wasn't playing competitive so it didn't matter...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I have a Haunter in my LeafGreen; spamming Giga Drain and Thunderbolt was really fun.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm starting to think people don't want anyone to succeed.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Any reason why you believe that?

I understand that and I can see why you said it but context please?
Every company.

Every person.

Every property.

There's always a huge amount of people who actively want them dead or failing.

I know I complain about this a lot, but I'm always astounded just how people can't agree to live and let live.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm starting to think people don't want anyone to succeed.
I think I'd like to succeed.

Strange tangent, but I think I may consider some necessary time away from Smashboards for a while. I love staying up to date with all of the happenings of this thread and other communities that I like to associate myself with (like the Corrin thread, being fellow FE fans), but I think I'm at a point where the time I spend here isn't all that productive to me. I want to take a leave of absence so that I can spend the time I would have here working towards more important and meaningful stuff such as my university assignments and a stronger commitment to my revision.

I won't be fully leaving until I say "A special thank you to all these wonderful people" and proceed to tag some of the best of the boards. I've got a number of priorities, both game wise and assessment wise. So for now, Smashboards, I say one last thing to you before I part for maybe the next two months.

"See you next mission.":samus:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still remember when the Golden State Warriors were a small underdog team, and now people hate them because they win constantly. This was an example in sports, but it applies on other fields of course.

Success always bring envy.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think I'd like to succeed.

Strange tangent, but I think I may consider some necessary time away from Smashboards for a while. I love staying up to date with all of the happenings of this thread and other communities that I like to associate myself with (like the Corrin thread, being fellow FE fans), but I think I'm at a point where the time I spend here isn't all that productive to me. I want to take a leave of absence so that I can spend the time I would have here working towards more important and meaningful stuff such as my university assignments and a stronger commitment to my revision.

I won't be fully leaving until I say "A special thank you to all these wonderful people" and proceed to tag some of the best of the boards. I've got a number of priorities, both game wise and assessment wise. So for now, Smashboards, I say one last thing to you before I part for maybe the next two months.

"See you next mission.":samus:
Good luck man.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mr. Enter made a game review of "Beginner's Guide"

It sounds extremely interesting, despite the gameplay being little more than just walking around

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and now its time for everyonnes favorite game show
"we can protend this means nothing but lets be real"
http://nintendoeverything.com/koei-tecmo-currently-developing-for-nx/

all im saying is i called it as soon as people were asking about legends dlc
(it being a hyrule warriors for nx because as said earlier lets be real people will pay big bucks if it means getting a better and more complete version of a game they love and seeing as many people wished they could play hyrule warriors but they either dont have a wiiu of a new 3ds...you get my point))

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Real talk. I'm glad FE got to be a major IP instead of Advance Wars. **** that game. It's more strategy based so every turn matters, which isn't bad. What is bad is how many times they spamm the **** out of Fog of War. It's not strategy when you're only victory condition is capturing the base, you only have 2 human units, can't make more and are stuck in fog of war. It's not strategy but luck, you HAVE to know where everything is beforehand to stand a chance. **** that

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

It's possible that Andross was piloting his cyborg head during the battle at Venom, but he was controlling it indirectly. And when Venom self-destructed, the real Andross fell as well.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Inb4 Marth and Chrom appear in the next Mario Kart as guests.
Chrom?

Who's that?

I think you mean Lucina, the protagonist who isn't Robin from Awakening! She even got into Smash and got her own amiibo which works with Fates and lets you recruit her!

She's also the face of the game for the 25th Anniversary Artwork Book!

(In case the joke wasn't obvious enough) :troll:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Chrom?

Who's that?

I think you mean Lucina, the protagonist who isn't Robin from Awakening! She even got into Smash and got her own amiibo which works with Fates and lets you recruit her!

She's also the face of the game for the 25th Anniversary Artwork Book!

(In case the joke wasn't obvious enough) :troll:
Chrom confirmed as the new Kellum.

Who is that again? :troll:

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Just got back from watching Captain America: Civil War, and I'm not going to lie...

I'm slightly disappointed that Cap didn't die :ohwell:

Movie was had a lot of comedic parts that made everyone in the cinema laugh :p

My favourite part of the movie was definitely the Giant Man sequence, that was so cool :yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

I was thinking, why would it be too:083:to show the future NX games before the console this E3 ?

After all, Zelda 2017 is a NX game as well.

I do also remember a teasing for Metroid Prime 3 during E3 2005, where we barely knew half of what the Wii (codenamed Revolution) consisted of.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was thinking, why would it be too:083:to show the future NX games before the console this E3 ?

After all, Zelda 2017 is a NX game as well.

I do also remember a teasing for Metroid Prime 3 during E3 2005, where we barely knew half of what the Wii (codenamed Revolution) consisted of.
It's mainly because Nintendo keep saying the console is some big revolutionary thing.

In other words, it has some kind of "innovation"...that could just be a gimmick if they don't play their cards right.

If that's the case, their new games for NX will likely utilise said gimmick.

Also they said there would be no news on the NX AT ALL, so that would imply NX games too. New games for the NX, count as NX news. That's why they will only show the Wii U version of Zelda.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
It's mainly because Nintendo keep saying the console is some big revolutionary thing.

In other words, it has some kind of "innovation"...that could just be a gimmick if they don't play their cards right.

If that's the case, their new games for NX will likely utilise said gimmick.

Also they said there would be no news on the NX AT ALL, so that would imply NX games too. New games for the NX, count as NX news. That's why they will only show the Wii U version of Zelda.
Nothing I have seen says there will be "no news on the NX AT ALL", everything I have seen just says it won't be at the trade show.

Until further notice, I'm taking that to mean it will be shown in the Direct, but it won't physically be at E3 in any capacity.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nothing I have seen says there will be "no news on the NX AT ALL", everything I have seen just says it won't be at the trade show.

Until further notice, I'm taking that to mean it will be shown in the Direct, but it won't physically be at E3 in any capacity.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-says-nx-will-not-make-an-appearance-at-e3/1100-6439253/

"NX will not make an appearance at the upcoming E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles in June and will be unveiled later this year."

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
In wake of FE becoming a major IP for Nintendo, let's remember the guy who made this possible with these two:

:marthmelee::roymelee:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since there's been a lot of buzz about "whether or not the Wii U has games", I decided to share my collection of Wii U games.

Not pictured here are my digital copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (It's 16GB and I don't have an external hard drive for my Wii U so I delete it when I'm not using it) and the fact I am currently downloading the new Mini Mario game. And a few demos and NES/SNES Virtual Console games.

I also have all of the DLC in these games where applicable, except for NSMBU.

This is by far the largest console library I have owned. Maybe not if you combine it with my brother and sister's games on past consoles, or the fact I leeched off of my brother's PS Plus subscription on PS3. But this is the largest collection of games I have personally bought for myself, or the games were given to me as gifts or part of promotional deals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom