• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If anything, Sega is depending more on Puyo Puyo than Bayonetta.

Which they never localized until years after Puyo Pop Fever 2 flopped in the West. The games still sell extremely well in Japan.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm not sure what you mean by saying SEGA "is depending" on Bayonetta considering it's a niche series that barely got a sequel.
Yeah, I mean. . .Isn't Puyo-Puyo their second highest selling series or something? With SMT trailing along behind a bit further back?

They're pretty much just relying on Sonic at this point with a tiny bit of backup from a couple of series that mostly sell in Japan.

That said, bad reviews aside, Sonic alone has been enough to carry them for a while. Sonic is a HUGELY successful series, after all. Their main job at this point is to ensure that Sonic can CONTINUE doing that despite the fact that his fanbase left en masse, the internet sees him as a joke, and most of the games that come out are met with horrid reviews. It'll be one heck of an uphill battle, but if they just figure out what the heck they think they're doing and find a better strategy to stick with I think it's possible for them to get their life preserver inflated again.

. . .Also yes, this means you can partially blame SEGA for #FE. Have fun with that! :troll:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
PC, which has even more exclusive stuff available
Fair enough I guess.

I've just never found myself enjoying a Nintendo console as much as I enjoy Sony or Microsoft. I mean, sure I play my Wii U more, but that's just Smash, after that, there's really not too many games that interest me, probably because I'm not actually a Nintendo fan. Not to say they're games are bad, or I don't see why they're fun, I just prefer mah Haloz and Sly Cooperz over Marioz and Zelderz. And then there's PC, that's pretty dope, got the Dotaz.

The way I see, if I were to recommend someone a new console and they didn't have a PC, I'd recommend the PS4/Xbox One well before I'd recommend the Wii U because they'll get a larger library of games to play.

D

Deleted member

Uh... what? How does the NX's release date point towards a Smash port? Am I missing something?
It'd have been 2 years+ since the 3DS and Wii U games came out by the time NX launches in March 2017, therefore still not making sense with releasing an old game for the new system.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
. . .Also yes, this means you can partially blame SEGA for #FE. Have fun with that! :troll:
The same company published most of Crypton's video game material for Miku. So why not? :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Sega, I learned something cool from the SEGA 3D Classics Collection that got released in English yesterday:

It's actually the 2nd classics collection SEGA released in Japan and it gives you a 10th game for the 2nd collection if you have save data of the first collection. Even though the first classics collection wasn't released outside of Japan, that 2nd collection's 10th game is still available in the English release through a hidden Easter Egg.

Sure, it's yet another Fantasy Zone, but glad they didn't give English players the bad end of the stick.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It'd have been 2 years+ since the 3DS and Wii U games came out by the time NX launches in March 2017, therefore still not making sense with releasing an old game for the new system.
Well Last of Us was ported to PS4 and that was only about a year apart. Of course, The Last of Us remaster actually made sense because it jumped from some odd resolution 30fps to 1080p 60fps with nicer visuals. I've said this before, but unless the NX is pushing 4K, or they make an ass ton of changes, there's really not much point to a port.

D

Deleted member

But Nintendo never said anything about releasing Smash on the NX...

Strofirko

Smash Master
Firing Iwata Kimishima will solve all the problems,no worries peeps.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wish I couldn't, but from what we've seen so far, it's exactly what most fans don't want in Paper Mario. I'm all for gimmicks, but changing the genre from RPG to action adventure is a tad bit too much. I get that they're trying new things, which is good, but completely obliterating what we loved oh-so dearly? That's a step backwards, if you ask me. I'm sure if they retained everything Paper Mario, such as the battle formula, non-generic Toad NPCs, a good and immersive story, partners, badges, and all of that, as well as the new paint mechanic to act as Mario's Special weapons (like the Star Spirits and Crystal Stars), then only will both new and old Paper Mario fans reunite to enjoy a game worthy enough of being called a Paper Mario game.
Yes it still doesn't look over the top amazing, but they at least seemed to have fixed the battle system. I would still prefer the old way, but I'm willing to give it a shot when it releases. Still wish they brought back partners though.

Well, Shattered Crystal was considered the "better" of the two Sonic Boom games.

How much of a "better" game it was is up for debate.
It was better because it actually worked

I step away from the amiibo scene for a month or three and suddenly Donkey Kong is unicorn-level rare.

What happened? :laugh: Makes me glad he was one of the first amiibo I bought.
"He's the last member of the DK Crew!"

I think Nintendo just thought that everyone had the common amiibo and then they stopped making mass amounts of them to make the rare ones more obtainable. Weird switcheroo but I can get the ones I want now easier!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sega was at it's best in it's earlier years.

After the Genesis/Mega Drive saw much success (outside of Japan, anyway) the company began a long journey downhill.

______

I've never really been much of a Sega person myself. I've got a few Sega games, but most of my life I've either preferred Nintendo games or a couple of franchises or standalone video games from other parties.

I grew up almost entirely with just Nintendo consoles and handhelds. I got a Ps3 later on, which I really like. I also got an Xbox 360 at one point, but I don't play it very much. I don't have any interest in the Xbox One, but I'd be more inclined to get a Ps4 if had more games I was actually interested in.

I've become quite the PC gamer in more recent years thanks to Steam. I started with just TF2, but I've gone to get a pretty big library of games since then.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo really hasn't been doing much with those solid exclusives/IPs recently though is the point here.

Exclusives to make a console for sure. But when you consider this in the context of only owning a Nintendo console... then you're missing out on the stuff that is PS4/Xbox One available but not on Wii U.

That's not to say that exclusives on those consoles aren't great. As I stated before... Ori is one of the best games I've ever played and is on Xbox. Xbox has the best console shooter out there with Halo 5. Playstation has Naughty Dog. Everyone owes it to themselves to give those titles a shot.
The problem here is that you are just giving one or two games. Which goes to show that there isn't much reason to own those consoles.

Ori alone is not worth an Xbox One. Nor is Halo (it being the best console shooter is subjective, I really don't think it's all that personally. Splatoon looks more enticing, as was Killzone Shadow Fall). If they had more exclusives it'd be great, but they really don't.

All of the third party stuff is on PC so you can just play it there.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo never said anything about the NX sucking, either. People are just ultra-quick to jump to conclusions.

Granted, there's the leaks, but they came out so long AFTER everyone jumped to that conclusion that they could just as easily be playing into it in an attempt to seem more legit than they really are as they could be confirming it.

Firing Iwata Kimishima will solve all the problems,no worries peeps.
Kimishima literally hasn't had time to DO anything.

Most of the games in development probably started before he became President. It's going to be a while before we get to see what he can really do. At this point we have no idea whether firing him could solve anything because he hasn't had time to show what kind of impact, good OR bad, his presidency is going to make.

Yes I know that was just a quick patch job on your post, hush. I'm addressing it because I know if one person is willing to say that as a joke, a dozen other people seriously think it, so I'm going to discuss my take seriously in case one of those dozen walks in here.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think I'll wait a little more on info to fully have me take on all of this.

Also, A GIIVA DIRECT????

Oh man, what will come out of this from the master of HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME MUSIC RIPS? :b:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

... you misunderstood me. I know they didn't. What I'm saying is that it'd still be a pointless move to port a 2 year-old* Wii U title for the new system by the time it launches. Zelda is fairly new so that one makes sense.

The thing is, people shouldn't believe everything that shows up on the web, or else they'll end up being disappointed just like the release timeframe news of today.

*By the time NX launches, it'd have been more than 2 years since Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U came out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The thing is, people shouldn't believe everything that shows up on the web, or else they'll end up being disappointed just like the release timeframe news of today.
The leaked 3DS lineup and the March Direct was leaked on the Internet and turned out to be true.

D

Deleted member

... you misunderstood me. I know they didn't. What I'm saying is that it'd still be a pointless move to port a 2 year-old* Wii U title for the new system by the time it launches. Zelda is fairly new so that one makes sense.

*By the time NX launches, it'd have been more than 2 years since Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U came out.
Push's post was about the likelyhood of Smash NX
I get it'd be pointless but that's my point: I don't believe it will happen

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't seriously thing that Zelda is going to be the only thing Nintendo's showing off...

I seriously still think that there will be some NX software announcements at least.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't seriously thing that Zelda is going to be the only thing Nintendo's showing off...

I seriously still think that there will be some NX software announcements at least.
Well they've got Pokemon and, if real, that leaked N-Stars game.

I think it'd be pretty unlikely that they would show off NX software there if we don't even know what the hardware is, but it's not like Zelda is LITERALLY the only thing that will be present.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Considering all the costumes of Japan-only characters in Mario Maker, I wonder if Takamaru, a character who used to be Japan-only, might make it in as a costume?

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
I think I'll wait a little more on info to fully have me take on all of this.

Also, A GIIVA DIRECT????

Oh man, what will come out of this from the master of HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME MUSIC RIPS? :b:
I wanna see a Sm4sh mod that replaces every track with a glorius, exquisite, high quality video game rip.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But in the end, I'm not really interested on what NEW the NX will offer.

What I really want to know is what the NX will offer to those who supported the Wii U for its many years.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well they've got Pokemon and, if real, that leaked N-Stars game.

I think it'd be pretty unlikely that they would show off NX software there if we don't even know what the hardware is, but it's not like Zelda is LITERALLY the only thing that will be present.
N-Stars? What is it supposed to be?

But in the end, I'm not really interested on what NEW the NX will offer.

What I really want to know is what the NX will offer to those who supported the Wii U for its many years.
Ambassador Program?

It's very likely. Nintendo is very good with its customers.

Here's some instance in which they helped me personally:

1. After my MK8 game disk broke, they sent me another for free. Didn't expect them to do this, especially with stores selling warranties.

2. After my brother's 3DS broke (stopped turning on), Nintendo spent the time to make sure he got all his old games back on his New 3DS... for free, without the system transfer.

This doesn't even include the times where I had a problem, and the operator had and I had a friendly chat while waiting for info to process. Nintendo must really screen their employees really well.

And then that Alison chick. But at least they fixed the problem. ;)

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This is super relevant again.

I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 2017 SO I CAN GET A BETTER LAUNCH LIBRARY? THE HUMANITY

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Some Amiibo game.
This is super relevant again.

I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 2017 SO I CAN GET A BETTER LAUNCH LIBRARY? THE HUMANITY
I think what people are more upset about is the NX not being shown off at E3 than the delay of the NX itself because it drains the hype people had of E3 this year.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finished Star Fox: Zero.

I didn't play every level yet, but I like what I played.

Not sure it feels worth the price I paid since it does seem a little light on content, though...

They really don't use the Walker enough though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Considering all the costumes of Japan-only characters in Mario Maker, I wonder if Takamaru, a character who used to be Japan-only, might make it in as a costume?
We could have had him by now in that case. Especially when characters like Ayumi and the Shin Onigashima duo were featured.

But nope, they choose to advertise more pop stars and celebrities instead.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
N-Stars...name makes me think 'Nintendo All-Stars'...which makes me think of Smash NX or Nintendo vs. Capcom...or it could be something else entirely...

Was N-Stars a 3DS exclusive title? I can't remember...if it is it's unlikely to be either of the above...

----

However, what I really want to know is what the heck is Retro doing?...Even if it's not Metroid Prime 4 (which I hope it is, but I'm not holding my breath) what is it?...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Some Amiibo game.
Was that ever clarified? All I remember was the (very interesting) codename and the fact that it was said to be big budget.

N-Stars...name makes me think 'Nintendo All-Stars'...which makes me think of Smash NX or Nintendo vs. Capcom...or it could be something else entirely...

Was N-Stars a 3DS exclusive title? I can't remember...if it is it's unlikely to be either of the above...

----

However, what I really want to know is what the heck is Retro doing?...Even if it's not Metroid Prime 4 (which I hope it is, but I'm not holding my breath) what is it...
Yeah, it said it was 3DS exclusive. Or at the very least, it's coming out on 3DS.

Well, assuming the leak was real, anyway. But it DID call Sun and Moon's codename, so. . .

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Some Amiibo game.
We literally only have a name you liar
A leak which had Pokemon Niji and Torte City had N-Stars on the list, both were codenames, Niji was SM whereas Torte City was a big budget game with an amiibo line, Kirby Planet Robobot. We know nothing about N-Stars thought

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We literally only have a name you liar
Chillax. I must have misread it or mistaken it for something else. I think it was rumored to be a big Amiibo game but IDK.
Was that ever clarified? All I remember was the (very interesting) codename and the fact that it was said to be big budget
I think it might be it but IDK. I must have misread the title because it's a big budget title and stuff and there's rumors of the game being some Amiibo game. Don't quote me on that because it can turn out to be something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom