• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justice has been served.

They didn't even bring out Ratchet's full arsenal.

His crazy armor ("Reduce ALL damage by 80% lol) and the infernox power up, Clank being able to turn into a giant robot, vaporizing weaponry etc. :laugh:

Burruni

Smash Hero
fixed for ya...
Unless Retro's been working on Prime 4, I feel like Metroid's not an option for a few years due to the focus over years to make Fed.
F-Zero I'll consider a crazy dream so I can be happy if/when it happens.

DKCR3, WL, and with Robobot being remade from TD's core engine... I am hoping for a big console game, since the last was RtD.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eliwood Blatantly Rips Off His Son's Moveset!

Itsuki Joins The Battle So We Can Piss Off SMX!

Holy Crap How Many Fire Emblem Characters Are In This Game?
Medeus Burns Up!

Arvis Scorns Into Battle!

Where is Kellam?

Anna Steals the Show!

Tharja Is Censored For Children!

Or how about this, Sakurai would add a new Metroid character that isn't Rdiely to make us all happy and it's one who's from a new game.

Federation Farce Soldier Pisses Off The Competition!

I'm already calling it. This will happen in next year's E3. :troll:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey, what's going o-

*reads*

Oh golly, I just walked into some news.

Handheld-console hybrid confirmed?!

I could start questioning why they're skipping E3, but everyone else already has that covered.

However, as much as they're probably going to lose some sales releasing Q1 2017 instead of Q4 2016, I understand why they did it:

When was the last time that something that was rushed for holiday release was actually GOOD?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nah. Japan will do it for them. Plus ZZS and Bayo exists so they'll do a work around

I'm going to have to get my outfit toned down in order to join Smash? This wasn't a part of my contract. This is MADNESS!

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
So I heard about the news.

As a Zelda fan this upsets me, as it really shouldn't have been delayed just so that the new console could have a launch-title, not to mention Zelda won't be celebrating it's birthday with something extravagant.

My brother is really pissed off at Nintendo at the moment so yeah I'll leave it there.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well Atleast the handheld aspect isn't bad.

Especially DQ7/8 getting localized and more SNES titles on 3DS.

Plus I have an Xbox One and I'm interested in Mafia 3, Gears 4, a lot of 360 games getting on the BC list and hopefully I can finally play Mighty Number 9 despite EVERYTHING that happened
Is there a list of BC games heading to Xbox One?

I'm sorry, what?
I'm looking forward to it. I enjoyed Sticker Star. Sure, I would have loved a game more like TTYD, but I'm not among the people who condemn it for the crime of being inferior to a predecessor.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
So I heard about the news.

As a Zelda fan this upsets me, as it really shouldn't have been delayed just so that the new console could have a launch-title, not to mention Zelda won't be celebrating it's birthday with something extravagant.

My brother is really pissed off at Nintendo at the moment so yeah I'll leave it there.
i mean this isnt the first time they delayed for a new console

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You'll only be able to buy it through limited download codes sold at GameStop
That's bull. I was really looking forward to playing the first Xenoblade game without having to buy a N3DS and that shiz is going to sell out faster than I can blink. Niny needs to make this a normal VC title like the Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Two things.
A) Pikmin 4. Pikmin 4 better be at E3 because if it was "almost ready" last year I better not have to wait for March 2017.

B) March release for NX?
:4dk::4wario2::4kirby: C'mon launch titles
The better question is what's going to be shown at this year's E3 (other than Zelda and Pokemon)? Think about all the Wii U games this year and there's hardly anything left other than Color Splash and that waifu SMTXFE game.

Really the Digital Event is shaping to be only...

- Zelda Wii U
- Pokemon Sun and Moon
- Paper Mario Color Splash
- Brief segments for Metroid Prime Federation Force and SMT X FE since we already know about these games
- Dragon Quest games?
- Other leaked 3DS games from this past February

That's really it so I think. Zelda Wii U is going to take up like a good 15-20 minutes of the event and the rest of it is going to be dedicated to the games I mentioned above and some other skits involving Reggie, Bill, and Miyamoto. That's my realistic expectations for this event. Maybe if i'm lucky there will be a new Golden Sun or Advance Wars game but I can't get my hopes up for that.

D

Deleted member

Except Eliwood's actually little more than a sprite edit of Roy in terms of combat.
So moreso.
:4darkpit::4drmario: as :4pit::4mario: clones/10

(this is the biggest gif I found of his Durandal animation)

Anyways, my point still stands, Eliwood is graceful while Roy sits in the back so he won't die is more of brute force(at least for a 14-year old kid)
If anything, Eliwood would be a Marth clone as his default animations are basically Shield Breaker
That's bull. I was really looking forward to playing the first Xenoblade game without having to buy a N3DS and that shiz is going to sell out faster than I can blink. Niny needs to make this a normal VC title like the Metroid Prime Trilogy.
I really can't tell if you're joking too or if you took my post seriously

That's bull. I was really looking forward to playing the first Xenoblade game without having to buy a N3DS and that shiz is going to sell out faster than I can blink.
It was a joke based on the game originally being gamestop exclusive

Also Emily Rogers was kind enough to allow me access to view her tweets (making tweets private is a weird system)

She decides to give a nice little post saying

And did I mention that NX will get the superior version of Smash Bros U? Because it is. That's one of the NX ports in development.
What does "Superior" mean exactly? Graphics? Content? Would she have that in depth of information? Who knows. But the implication is there. :p

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I wouldn't judge Color Splash yet. People have pointed out that it could be an improvement to SS's format. I'd wait till we see more on it.
I wish I couldn't, but from what we've seen so far, it's exactly what most fans don't want in Paper Mario. I'm all for gimmicks, but changing the genre from RPG to action adventure is a tad bit too much. I get that they're trying new things, which is good, but completely obliterating what we loved oh-so dearly? That's a step backwards, if you ask me. I'm sure if they retained everything Paper Mario, such as the battle formula, non-generic Toad NPCs, a good and immersive story, partners, badges, and all of that, as well as the new paint mechanic to act as Mario's Special weapons (like the Star Spirits and Crystal Stars), then only will both new and old Paper Mario fans reunite to enjoy a game worthy enough of being called a Paper Mario game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm going to go into E3 like I do everything else: No expectations and little hype.
Because there's no point complaining over things that I imagined not becoming a reality; as if Nintendo should appeal to me and only me.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I feel bad for you guys that are only into Nintendo stuff.

E3 is more than just Nintendo and there's certainly a lot to be excited for as a gamer. Just broaden your horizons a bit.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

That's what I've got to say about Color Splash.

RE: Kirby Planet Robobot: music

How much swaggier can you get? It sounds like something ripped straight out of Sonic CD. <3

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I really can't tell if you're joking too or if you took my post seriously
Fudge. With all the stuff Nintendo does like making things exclusive to one place I really thought this was true. Ahh well. Good to see that this game is coming to the VC. Will buy for sure.

E3 is more than just Nintendo and there's certainly a lot to be excited for as a gamer. Just broaden your horizons a bit.
Like Cresh right?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Is there a list of BC games heading to Xbox One?
Right here

• A Kingdom for Keflings
    • A World of Keflings
    • Aegis Wing
    • Age of Booty
    • Alan Wake
    • Alan Wake's American Nightmare
    • Alien Hominid HD
    • Altered Beast
    • Assassin's Creed
    • Assassin’s Creed II
    • Asteroids & Deluxe
    • Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
    • Banjo-Kazooie
    • Banjo-Tooie
    • BattleBlock Theater
    • Bejeweled 2
    • Bellator: MMA Onslaught
    • Beyond Good & Evil HD
    • Blood of the Werewolf
    • BloodRayne: Betrayal
    • Borderlands
    • Braid
    • Call of Juarez Gunslinger
    • Carcassonne
    • Castle Crashers
    • CastleStorm
    • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    • Centipede & Millipede
    • Comix Zone
    • Condemned: Criminal Origins
    • Counter-Strike: GO
    • Crazy Taxi
    • Dark Souls
    • Dark Void
    • Deadliest Warrior: Legends
    • Dead Space
    • Defense Grid: The Awakening
    • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    • DiRT 3
    • DiRT Showdown
    • Discs of Tron
    • Doom
    • Doom II
    • Doom 3 BFG Edition (disc version)
    • Doritos Crash Course
    • Double Dragon Neon
    • Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
    • Dungeon Siege III
    • Earthworm Jim HD
    • Fable II
    • Fable III
    • Fallout 3
    • Feeding Frenzy
    • Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown
    • Galaga
    • Garou: Mark of the Wolves
    • Gears of War
    • Gears of War 2
    • Gears of War 3
    • Gears of War: Judgment
    • Geometry Wars Evolved
    • Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
    • Golden Axe
    • Grid 2
    • Gunstar Heroes
    • Halo: Reach
    • Halo: Spartan Assault
    • Halo Wars
    • Hardwood Backgammon
    • Hardwood Hearts
    • Hardwood Spades
    • Heavy Weapon
    • Hexic HD
    • Hydro Thunder
    • Ikaruga
    • Iron Brigade
    • Jeremy McGrath's Offroad
    • Jetpac Refuelled
    • Joy Ride Turbo
    • Just Cause 2
    • Kameo: Elements of Power
    • Kane & Lynch 2
    • Left 4 Dead 2
    • LEGO Batman
    • LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
    • LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    • Lode Runner
    • LUMINES LIVE!
    • Mass Effect
    • Metal Slug 3
    • Metal Slug XX
    • Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
    • Mirror’s Edge
    • Missile Command
    • Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
    • Monday Night Combat
    • Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
    • Monkey Island: Special Edition
    • Motocross Madness
    • MS. PAC-MAN
    • Ms. Splosion Man
    • Mutant Blobs Attack!!!
    • N+
    • NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
    • NiGHTS into dreams…
    • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
    • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
    • Pac-Man
    • Pac-Man: Championship Edition
    • Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX+
    • Peggle
    • Perfect Dark
    • Perfect Dark Zero
    • Phantom Breaker:Battle Grounds
    • Pinball FX
    • Plants vs. Zombies
    • Portal: Still Alive
    • Prince of Persia
    • Putty Squad
    • R-Type Dimensions
    • Rayman 3 HD
    • Rayman Origins
    • Sacred Citadel
    • Saints Row 4
    • Sam and Max Beyond Space and Time
    • Sam and Max Save the World
    • Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
    • Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
    • Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
    • Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
    • Shadow Complex
    • Skullgirls
    • Small Arms
    • Sonic CD
    • Sonic The Fighters
    • Sonic The Hedgehog
    • Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    • Sonic The Hedgehog 3
    • Soul Calibur
    • SoulCalibur 2 HD
    • South Park: The Stick of Truth
    • Space Giraffe
    • Spelunky
    • Splosion Man
    • Super Meat Boy
    • Supreme Commander 2
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    • The Cave
    • The King of Fighters 98 UM
    • The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings
    • Ticket To Ride
    • Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas
    • Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas 2
    • Torchlight
    • Toy Soldiers
    • Toy Soldiers: Cold War
    • Trials HD
    • Tron: Evolution
    • Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon
    • Viva Piñata
    • Viva Piñata: Trouble In Paradise
    • Wolfenstein 3D
    • Zuma
    • Zuma's Revenge!
There's so many Sonic games and you might enjoy Viva Piñata on the list as well if it isn't on Rare Replay

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'll just say this, Sega's probably going to lose a ton of fans if July's Sonic reveal turns out to be lackluster. I know because it's all a part of the never ending Sonic Cycle.

But I'll give them the benefit of doubt and predict this new title could be something as hype as Generations. Think about it this way, Sega did say they want to do better and it's going to take a hell lot for that to happen. This is coming from someone who's family supported Sega before they "died" with the Dreamcast.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Speaking of Sega, they're still developing Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice, right? Despite a majority not liking the first?
So I guess Nintendo and Sega aren't that different after all.

im joking but im also not

Burruni

Smash Hero

The better question is what's going to be shown at this year's E3 (other than Zelda and Pokemon)? Think about all the Wii U games this year and there's hardly anything left other than Color Splash and that waifu SMTXFE game.

Really the Digital Event is shaping to be only...

- Zelda Wii U
- Pokemon Sun and Moon
- Paper Mario Color Splash
- Brief segments for Metroid Prime Federation Force and SMT X FE since we already know about these games
- Dragon Quest games?
- Other leaked 3DS games from this past February

That's really it so I think. Zelda Wii U is going to take up like a good 15-20 minutes of the event and the rest of it is going to be dedicated to the games I mentioned above and some other skits involving Reggie, Bill, and Miyamoto. That's my realistic expectations for this event. Maybe if i'm lucky there will be a new Golden Sun or Advance Wars game but I can't get my hopes up for that.
Well, running off of past Digital Events.
We're gonna see ~50 minute Digital Event.
Let's say about 8 minutes is going to be taken up by the little skits in between and the "opener" like the first two or three minutes last year was Star Fox Puppet Pals
~42 minutes of games, then.
Between a "developer corner" or whatever it's called, a possible retrospective, and full trailer, Zelda UNX could very well take 15 minutes. SMM took a TON of last year with little news, this has more promise.
~27 minutes left.
I say we could see 3 minutes for color splash in a more full trailer.
~24.
Sun & Moon is probably gonna have a proper trailer, about 2 minutes based on the XY from 2013.
~22.
Federation Force and TMS#FE I don't see appearing.
Honestly the dragon quest ports could get up to 3 minutes running over them.
~19
Obligatory "Nindies" segment for about 4 minutes.
~15.
Big reveal of Project N-Stars for later this year. I say it could be 10 minutes itself.
Approximately 5 other minutes from a theoretical E3 presentation.

It COULD be trialers for the Hyrule Warriors: Legends dlc to come. Marin's not gotten a trailer and we could see a teaser for the DS era pack.

Alternatively, that's where you have those other 3rd Party exclusive things like the Skylanders: Charged segment from last year be a highlight. Hell, (part of) it could be YW2's first phase of localization since the anime's getting its second season this year AND Wib Wob shows that they've gotten a headstart on the localization of names... (even if Europe is getting the first game in two days).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's what I've got to say about Color Splash.

RE: Kirby Planet Robobot: music

How much swaggier can you get? It sounds like something ripped straight out of Sonic CD. <3
I hope you realize the game is not even out yet

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Speaking of Sega, they're still developing Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice, right? Despite a majority not liking the first?
So I guess Nintendo and Sega aren't that different after all.

im joking but im also not
Well, Shattered Crystal was considered the "better" of the two Sonic Boom games.

How much of a "better" game it was is up for debate.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I hope you realize the game is not even out yet
They've also showed nothing to prove it to the contrary.
All evidence to this point is following Sticker Star formula's closely.
And many will argue that if there was any point of major divergence they'd try to show it off in the announcement.
The one scene of Mario opening a house and there being about dozen identical paper toads does not do its case well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They've also showed nothing to prove it to the contrary.
All evidence to this point is following Sticker Star formula's closely.
And many will argue that if there was any point of major divergence they'd try to show it off in the announcement.
The one scene of Mario opening a house and there being a few dozen identical paper toads does not do its case well.
There's no evidence to judge either way, for now all there is are possibilities, people are just jumping the gun

Unfortunately consoles are expensive.

FeelsBadMan

Even if i watch nearly every E3 anyway

I wonder if NX ports will coincide with amiibo reprints. . .I wouldn't mind another chance to get Kid Icarus amiibo

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sonic Bum was a mistake.

But the TV show and comics were bae.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Damn. Just looking at the lineup this year for Nintendo.

Besides Pokemon... like ****. I feel really bad for Nintendo fans this year.

I mean Nintendo has had bad holiday seasons. But this is the worst it's been. Hope they pick it up in 2017.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

VR circlejerking is gonna be the bulk of E3 that isn't Nintendo.

Nintendo and NX was supposed to be the saving grace. :(

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
There's no evidence to judge either way, for now all there is are possibilities, people are just jumping the gun
The evidence is "Every npc we've seen for Color Splash is the same generic Toad." (edit: barring Peach and the bucket companion)
The extrapolation that all npcs will follow this formula as present in the last two Paper Mario featuring titles (SS and Paper Jam).

Could this end up not being the case? Yes.
But there is evidence for a lack of change and people are sticking to that assumption until proven wrong. Right or wrong that may be, we won't know until we see more.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Some of us don't have to budget to broaden our horizons....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

That's quite hard to do when the PlayStation 4 and XBOX ONE hardly have any games that interest you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom