• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Out of all of this, I'm more worried about their "new concept" the most.
Nintendo, it wouldn't hurt to just have a normal default controller instead of having another gimmick that'll end up as a novelty for most people in the long run.
That'll imply Nintendo will listen to reason.

If anything if they ever go that route again, I rather them just do it like the Wii where the controller is the experience but doesn't hold back the system entirely like the Wii U where they had to develop 2x as hard for that Gamepad.

Plus it won't hinder on the price of the system

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not a fan of the Wii U not having its own unique Zelda game. I feel the NX porting isn't a good idea. We could've had the Wii U version much sooner, and to be honest, the Wii U seriously needed it. It's already doing badly. It doesn't need more nails in its coffin.

I'm also a bit tired of this pointless delay. We got enough freaking ports/remakes already. A little bit of an actual new game would be really nice right now for the Zelda series(I'd count Hyrule Warriors if it wasn't for the 3DS version... although it did slip my mind. Still would've liked a non-spin-off...) Don't get me wrong, the remakes are cool and all, but TP HD should've came out after Zelda Wii U, imo.

Zelda NX would've been way better as its own unique game. I feel they did a way better job with how they handled the Gamecube Zelda games. Multiple new ones, and even the Wii had more than one new Zelda game(even if Link's Crossbow Training is a spin-off, it's still new and exclusive).

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel like I just went into a world of cancer and despair after seeing all of this new information in regards to Nintendo's next console. If anyone remembers how limited the Wii U's first batch of games were, you should be fortunate that the NX is even doing the delay, as that can potentially make up for where the Wii U went wrong with its release.

You really can't make Nintendo rush, as a lot of the games that the company develops take a lot of time to make. If you try to rush the work, you could find yourself feeling very disappointed in the end; remember what happened to games like Sonic 2006 and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

If Zelda Wii U is going to be the Wii U's concluding game, you'd actually want it to be delayed in hopes that it will be at its prime in the end. One should never become too greedy with upcoming titles after all.

Maybe I'm just saying this because things have calmed down after Smash 3DS / Wii U have come to a close with their contents, but I felt that I just had to say something after seeing the amount of cancer that spawned with the recent announcements.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Someone's opinion on Robobot after finishing the extras
Overall: PR > TD > RtDL
Abilities: PR > TD = RtDL
"The Gimmick:" PR >>>>> RtDL > TD
World/Levels: PR >>> TD = RtDL
Boss fights: PR > TD > RtDL
Buildup -> Finale: PR >>> TD > RtDL
EX Mode: PR > TD >>> RtDL
Subgames: PR > TD > RtDL
Throwbacks/Nostalgia and "Deepest Lore:" PR >>>>> TD > RtDL
Music: PR > TD = RtDL
Visuals: PR > RtDL > TD
The camera is used like Kirby 64 in this game, unlike the other two games that have the camera flat and dead-on the whole time. It makes a huge difference.
Granted, this stuff is subjective, but this seems like possibly the best game in the series. It's not fair how Japan gets it tomorrow and Europe needs to wait a few months

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still hope we get something interesting at E3.
We're mostly Sonic fans here, so get ready for something massive at E3 unless Sega holds out on that and waits until July at Sonic Boom Event.

There's always something to keep us going.
:sonic::4sonic:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm really enjoying Star Fox Zero.

It didn't take me long to get used to the controls. I'm not perfect yet, but I can pull off some cool stuff.

I don't really like the Gyrowing though, the Zoness mission was just really slow and plodding. Dunno what people'a problem is with the Walker being "clunky" though, it feels snappy as hell. I even found an infinite gliding exploit within 2 minutes of trying it. It works like the infinite hovering for Omega in Sonic 06, you just keep turning the hover on and off rapidly, and because your gauge charges faster than it depletes, you can hovering infinitely and you lose virtually no altitude.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
A moment of silence for all of the Nintendo fans who were planning on going to E3.

And for the Nintendo-centric journalists, like GameXplain and SourceGaming.

PushDustIn PushDustIn (for real though, I hope you have other games you are looking forward to that aren't Nintendo)
RIP.

Wattam is the only non-Nintendo game I was looking forward to...so maybe I'll buy a PS4 when PS4:Neo comes out (It'll be cheaper either way).

I think we should still send one person...because we can still build connections and at least Sakurai will be there...so maybe we can bug him for an interview (he goes every year)....but I'm pretty bummed about today's news.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
As a gamer, I don't think a quiet year is that big of a deal. This is a pretty good opportunity to revisit past favorites, and to get up to scratch on the huge backlog of games I have. I can finally get to games like Earthbound that I've eluded playing for too long. You bet your sweet ass that I'm going to play Jet Force Gemini and Conker's Bad Fur Day again, the former of which I haven't really had a chance to play for well over a decade. I've been dying to find a way to fit in another playthrough of South Park: Stick of Truth so I'm actually stoked.

There's still a few things coming in the near future to get excited about. We've got Yooka-Laylee, Colour Splash and Sun/Moon at the very least.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Just read the news.

I mean, I'm glad that I can actually save up for the NX now.

But... literally not showing anything about the NX until the end of the year? Zelda focused E3, even though it won't come out until next March? Only one playable game at E3?

I REALLY hope they have more to offer in their presentation, because I'm worried about where this is going...

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I let this sit in for a bit, and I'm okay with this news as a consumer.

As someone who was hyped and expecting the mystery of the NX to be unveiled at E3, I'm disappointed.

As someone who wants the NX to succeed, I think not having to compete with everyone else in a holiday launch and having a few extra months for developers to work on games is a great thing.

. . .Well it looks like there will probably be more wii u games at least.

I dont think nintendo would dare have color splash, #FE, and zelda be the only thing made to to entertain us for nearly a year :/

Guess it's time to start preparing to get a PS4. :x

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
. . .Well it looks like there will probably be more wii u games at least.

I dont think nintendo would dare have color splash, #FE, and zelda be the only thing made to to entertain us for nearly a year :/

Guess it's time to start preparing to get a PS4. :x
I kind of hope that 'N-Stars' is on Wii U as well since it would be interesting to see a nintendo crossover game that isn't Smash.

But alas, it probably isn't and I probably shouldn't get my hopes up :ohwell:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Nintendo better have some serious bombshells for E3 if they won't show any NX info.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well Atleast the handheld aspect isn't bad.

Especially DQ7/8 getting localized and more SNES titles on 3DS.

Plus I have an Xbox One and I'm interested in Mafia 3, Gears 4, a lot of 360 games getting on the BC list and hopefully I can finally play Mighty Number 9 despite EVERYTHING that happened

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Nintendo better have some serious bombshells for E3 if they won't show any NX info.
Yes. They announce that Yooka Laylee will be exclusive, that there'll be an extended line of Amiibo for it, and that they've also bought back the rights to Banjo-Kazooie and Conker.

They'd win every E3 forever and ever with that announcement.

I know it's been said but Nintendo is going to get slaughtered this E3 AGAIN

The wii U is still very much on it's way out the door. We have so little info on any new Wii U games (only two, one of which we only saw about 20 seconds worth) makes it really apparent. With this E3 "focusing on Zelda" it will probably take up a lot of time, with the rest being one or two of the last U games and some 3DS. Probably not too many hype bombs, if any.

Meanwhile Sony is going to have PS4 NEO, VR, and likely a whole bunch of games, potentially even Crash ****ing bandicoot. I don't even know what MS has in store but it's probably more than Nintendo (Xbox slim/1.5?)

This is not going to be pretty. :/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was gonna speculate this, but it turns out I don't have to:

Nintendo will be expanding the amiibo line-up, and creating more gaming experiences with them:

As for amiibo, we will continue to expand the product lineup in order to maintain momentum. At the same time, we will aim to further expand sales by offering new gaming experiences with the use of amiibo.
Speaking of amiibo, sales were fantastic. Nearly 25 million figures, and 29 million cards sold:

amiibo sales continued to maintain momentum and showed strong performance globally. The figure-type and the card-type sold approximately 24.70 million units and approximately 28.90 million units respectively.
https://amiiboalerts.com/news/nintendo-investor-meeting-details

So if nothing else, we might get some amiibo related stuff at E3.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I wonder if Capcom will continue to support SFV with more DLC characters beyond the 6 we know considering the poor sales of said game?

I know it's been said but Nintendo is going to get slaughtered this E3 AGAIN

The wii U is still very much on it's way out the door. We have so little info on any new Wii U games (only two, one of which we only saw about 20 seconds worth) makes it really apparent. With this E3 "focusing on Zelda" it will probably take up a lot of time, with the rest being one or two of the last U games and some 3DS. Probably not too many hype bombs, if any.

Meanwhile Sony is going to have PS4 NEO, VR, and likely a whole bunch of games, potentially even Crash ****ing bandicoot. I don't even know what MS has in store but it's probably more than Nintendo (Xbox slim/1.5?)

This is not going to be pretty. :/
*shrugs* All I can do is shake my head.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Street Fighter V didn't sell that poorly, especially in Japan.

It's just that the goal for Capcom is around two million units, and they didn't meet that; therefore it's a failure.

I sorta doubt there's going to be a second season. Most likely they'll just develop SSFV.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Street Fighter V didn't sell that poorly, especially in Japan.

It's just that the goal for Capcom is around two million units, and they didn't meet that; therefore it's a failure.

I sorta doubt there's going to be a second season. Most likely they'll just develop SSFV.
Considering Super Street Fighter 4 sold less than Vanilla Street Fighter 4, I don't expect a super version for SFV to do much better, especially with the negative word of mouth.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Fire Emblem for mobile?

Let's goooo!!!!!

And I don't think that Nintendo defaulting on E3 is a bad thing. It's slowly but surely loosing its importance, thanks to the convenience of the internet.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
A moment of silence for all of the Nintendo fans who were planning on going to E3.

And for the Nintendo-centric journalists, like GameXplain and SourceGaming.

PushDustIn PushDustIn (for real though, I hope you have other games you are looking forward to that aren't Nintendo)
Sure glad I booked my flight.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Pretty happy I decided not to try for an E3 Press Pass this year. Was considering going with SG but decided I'd be better off reporting from home.

P.S: Nintendo is ****in stupid.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Well, assuming it will be revealed by then, at least I have the 25th anniversary Sonic game to look forward to at E3.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, assuming it will be revealed by then, at least I have the 25th anniversary Sonic game to look forward to at E3.
Fingers crossed it doesn't disappoint.

I was actually kinda hoping they would announce an NX version for that as a launch title, maybe with special features (like a Sonic amiibo line and functionality for them), but I can forget about that now.

I also hope we get a lot of KH3 as well.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
As I pointed out on Twitter. It makes new content for Smash for NX (or whatever it'd be called) much more likely (if the rumor ends up being true, of course). So...yay?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom