• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
what makes more sense revealing your new system at a time where it can be overshadowed by whatever stupid fad game is coming out? or during a time where you will have everyones full attention?
Dunno what stupid fad game would overshadow a system with as much hype going into it as the NX, I mean as a general rule consoles from the big three bring more hype than pretty much any game.

But yeah the ideal situation would be a reveal prior to E3 so people are familiar with the system's quirks before the show and then they could've focused more on the games. That's what I thought would happen.

I think it's pretty obv this whole situation is less than ideal for all concerned but I still think E3 exposure is better had than not.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ooh pretty~
I dig this artstyle; it is colorful like Skyward Sword but it has the serious vibe of Twilight Princess.

For a moment I thought Link looked like Goku.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm given to believe that the NX being shifted in 2017 was a more recent development. A very recent development, perhaps.

I think we can all agree that Trev's leak (the one that called Sun/Moon, Rhythm Heaven, Kirby, the Disney game, etc.) was legit. That one positioned Zelda as a 2016 title and said it would cross-release. While the latter is true, now that it's 2017, I have to imagine the console's date has only been moved as of late.

I wonder what brought Nintendo to make the choice in delaying it.

E3 WAS The biggest stage
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/whats-happening-to-e3-its-no-longer-the-only-game-in-town
It's not anymore. Seriously, this isn't a bad decision
Clearly the industry doesn't have to live and die by E3 (or any industry-wide trade shows) anymore, however I still think it would've behooved Nintendo to show the NX there. It's not like they're not going to be there. It's not like they're set to abandon the event completely. They're still going to be at E3.

And I find it hard to believe that if the NX was there, it wouldn't be playing top dog, even to the PS4K. But who knows.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Apparently Zelda U is going to be the only Wii U game playable at E3. Odd indeed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm given to believe that the NX being shifted in 2017 was a more recent development. A very recent development, perhaps.

I think we can all agree that Trev's leak (the one that called Sun/Moon, Rhythm Heaven, Kirby, the Disney game, etc.) was legit. That one positioned Zelda as a 2016 title and said it would cross-release. While the latter is true, now that it's 2017, I have to imagine the console's date has only been moved as of late.

Clearly the industry doesn't have to live and die by E3 (or any industry-wide trade shows) anymore, however I still think it would've behooved Nintendo to show the NX there. It's not like they're not going to be there. It's not like they're set to abandon the event completely. They're still going to be at E3.

And I find it hard to believe that if the NX was there, it wouldn't be playing top dog, even to the PS4K. But who knows.
I'm a bit curious about the timing as well. Trev's leak is basically confirmed as far as I'm concerned, but it does seem odd that there was seemingly a three month skip. Maybe an extra push in light of the PS4K? One can dream. :p

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Soul.

NX launching next year is fine.

It's like, they don't want to rush/**** up like they did with the Wii U and 3DS when it launched. They're surely thinking hard about NX.

Also Zelda coming to NX is good, but almost everyone expected it to be there.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Perhaps. I just feel that EA, Disney and Activision-Blizzard are stepping away from it, and many other devs are unveiling their huge games on thier own time (i.e Square Enix), perhaps E3 really isn't as special as we think it is. Sure none of those companies make their consoles but they're still massive powerhouses. If they're saying it's not worth, maybe it's not worth for Nintendo either. Of course, maybe Ninty is wrong and causes the NX to become the Wii U 2 in terms of sales.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
**** sounds good.

Thoughts if this is why there is no NX @ E3 Opossum Opossum ?

Also:

More Smash DLC confirmed Kappa
I mean, it seems well and good, and if true I hope it turns out well, but "this year" is incredibly vague considering we're eleven months shy of the NX's launch. :p Let's wait and see.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Also, FE on mobile will be for the 'core' audience, while Animal Crossing will be for the mass market.
That'll be interesting to see how it'd work, Fire Emblem just doesn't seem like it'd fit the mobile gaming mold since it's a series that requires a lot of time spent on it per play. Hell, even one chapter can take up to an hour depending on the strategy required, and that's past the attention span I'd expect for someone to have to be playing a game on their cell phone, 'core' fanbase or not.

I don't know, maybe I'm just not thinking of the best strategy, but it seems like an odd fit to me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh my, looks like a news explosion.

March 2017 is good for me. As someone who skipped the Wii U and is broke, it will give me time to save up. :p

And I am definitely looking forward to Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem on mobiles, especially if the FE one is designed for core audiences.

:231:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sounds to me like we're in for a rough E3. Especially if Sun/Moon aren't present, which, with GF being the special little E3-skipping snowflake it always is, seems like an entirely possible outcome.

and now this
https://twitter.com/Nanashrew/status/725231867285233664
"from nikkei. sounds like NX will have its own event"
It kinda has to if it's going to be a no-show at E3...

Perhaps. I just feel that EA, Disney and Activision-Blizzard are stepping away from it, and many other devs are unveiling their huge games on thier own time (i.e Square Enix), perhaps E3 really isn't as special as we think it is. Sure none of those companies make their consoles but they're still massive powerhouses. If they're saying it's not worth, maybe it's not worth for Nintendo either. Of course, maybe Ninty is wrong and causes the NX to become the Wii U 2 in terms of sales.
I'd hardly be belabouring the point if Nintendo had expressed that, like EA and whatnot, they were going to be totally absent from E3. But they're already going to be there. Perhaps they're adamant about getting undivided attention (then again Nintendo could probably just reveal the NX in May if they wanted to - even with a 2017 release date), but being at the show and not talking about your major upcoming console less than a year away from release sounds like a huge missed opportunity, especially when it's entirely possible this conference again reflects poorly on the company like last year's did.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also I think at this point it's pretty safe to say that Fire Emblem's become a mainstream Nintendo franchise, as opposed to a niche one. Considering Fates sold almost two million units so far without it releasing in Europe yet, and Fire Emblem being one of the pioneer Nintendo franchises to venture into the Mobile frontier, it seems to have become a series Nintendo's confident in, as well as the consumers.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Also I think at this point it's pretty safe to say that Fire Emblem's become a mainstream Nintendo franchise, as opposed to a niche one. Considering Fates sold almost two million units so far without it releasing in Europe yet, and Fire Emblem being one of the pioneer Nintendo franchises to venture into the Mobile frontier, it seems to have become a series Nintendo's confident in, as well as the consumers.
Old Lady N3ON agrees completely yet still doesn't like that it has more characters in Smash than Zelda.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yeah, bare.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think this is worthy of a proper write-up.

The move from niche to mainstream is a story in itself; there were mixed opinions on basically every decision the franchise took.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wake up earlier than I should have, the wound where my tooth was pulled got kinda swollen over night and I wake up to that, then I look at this Nintendo news....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is Zelda the only Wii U game? Or the only game in general?

I mean, I could understand a lot of 3DS games, but only Zelda?

Something is... questionable...

Also, N3ON N3ON Told ya. :4diddy:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The move from niche to mainstream is a story in itself; there were mixed opinions on basically every decision the franchise took.

Honestly I'd love to write something up about it if I had the time. :p Still might.

Also, the logo for the mobile Fire Emblem looks neat. And yellow.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sounds to me like we're in for a rough E3. Especially if Sun/Moon aren't present, which, with GF being the special little E3-skipping snowflake it always is, seems like an entirely possible outcome.
GF has actually been better about E3 with the past two games considering XY got a special presentation and ORAS got a trailer, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got something from them.

Still, I have to agree that their lineup seems very light at the moment.

I'd honestly love to see someone take a crack at that essay. Particularly once it comes to the decisions behind Awakening, because a lot of them did lead into what we see with Fates and it would be interesting to see how they evolved from that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom