• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm curious.

How many people are interested in Star Fox Zero?

How many people bought it?
I purchased the eShop version, since I didn't want to bother with Star Fox Guard. All retail copies of Star Fox Zero come included with Star Fox Guard, so you'd have to pay $59.99 for the retail version, while the eShop version only costs $49.99.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Fixed. I mean, I don't think there's a video game on a Nintendo system that I've had so much as a passing interest in, first party or third, that hasn't been praised ten ways to Sunday for it's music. That said. . .*runs to find music*
I had trouble thinking about it too.

... then I remembered Yoshi's New Island lol
I'm curious.

I'm interested in it, haven't bought it yet. Due to all the mixed reactions, I feel like I'll actually need to play it myself.

It really does seem like the controls make or break the game.

Chrono.

I'm curious.

I'm interested.

But since it's harder for me to get games these days I gotta be more careful than usual of what I buy. The fact that it has no demo made it infinitely harder (I understand why there isn't one however)

I'll get it once it's in my budget probably.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm curious.

I'm interested in it in the same way I'd be interested in any Star Fox game.

But what I've seen of it has shifted my interest from "I need it day one!!" to "I'll probably get it eventually... maybe".

For my money the way to spark interest in the return of a highly demanded series is not to give people the exact same thing seen twice before with the only new stuff being things nobody asked for and alienating to many.

It seems to be another case of Nintendo going "we'll tell you what you want". Sometimes they're right, this time... not so much.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll get it when it's in my budget. Right now I'm behind quite a bit with gaming, since I still need to pick up Fates, as well as the Marvel Battlegrounds expansion for Disney Infinity.

Some day though. Maybe.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm curious.

I'm not buying it because I understand I'm not of the audience.
I didn't enjoy my time with SF64 and the flying parts of the Uprising stages were very inferior to the land stages.
Which is part of why I hate the final boss.

Soul.

People are kinda exaggerating how flawed the controls are tbh. Sure, no gyro controls would have been nice as an option, but come on. They can't be awful.

It's still a very playable game with or without gyro controls lol.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm curious.

Mildly interested...

limited budget makes me rather picky when it comes to games however...
(nowadays work is slow so I'm unfortunately making less money)
Either way, I'm not nearly as interested in the title as I was during the holidays, and I'm not even sure if I'll even buy it, if I'm being honest...It has a very arcade-y feel to it from what I've heard which is something I'm actually not really too keen on...

Heck I STILL haven't even bought Fates yet...though one major reason why I haven't is because of the multiple versions, I'm not nearly as invested in Fire Emblem as say Pokemon...
Star Fox I'm even less invested in, as the only game I've played is considered by many the worst of the franchise...first impressions are everything and this game did not have a very good first impression...(My boy Falco didn't even show up until the end of the game!!!)

As of now the only game that's really on my radar is Zelda Wii U (which is still a ways away), and maaaaybe Federation Force....

Also a couple third party titles if they come to the NX like FFVIIR FFVX and ME Andromeda

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Way too many other games to buy in May/June (Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, and Zero Time Dilemma all for sure). Plus not really my favorite genre. I really respect the Star Fox series and wish it a future on NX, but it ain't for me.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
No source, surprisingly. We can assume they started development after its Japanese release in June 2010. Even if they didn't start in 2010, my point still stands because the game was presentable in its reveal trailer in the January '13 Direct. Surely, they had been working on it for a while before its reveal.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Wow, a lot of discussion going on today!

So I decided to ready about the Kirby: Planet Robobot spoilers.

Wowzers, a Kirby game with a real focus on story? From what I read, it sounds pretty exciting. Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe didn't delve that deep into their stories like Planet Robobot does. I think the last Kirby game I remember that really emphasized the story was Squeak Squad with all the text-narrated cutscenes after some of the levels, although its story doesn't compare with the one Planet Robobot provides.

Susie seems like a pretty interesting character. From that leaked cutscene, I feel like she has a bit of sass. Kind of like how she calls Kirby "Pinky." Can't wait to see footage of that boss fight and her antagonistic demeanors.

Also, is anyone else reminded Sir Ebrum from Kirby: Right Back at Ya from that one picture of President Haltman? I mean look at the comparison!

The two do share some similarities.

I'm pretty curious to see how that Star Dream looks like. The description of how the eye emerges and the cat face sounds very interesting. While a part of me wishes that the final phase of the fight was more like a normal Kirby fight, piloting a Kirby version of the Halberd makes up for it (sounds awesome); that and a good chunk of the Kirby games in the past always had a special gimmick for the final phase.

Even President Haltman sounds like an interesting villain. Also can't wait to see how a video of his fight. Sounds similar to Queen Sectonia's fight considering that he also laughs like a maniac throughout it.

I guess I'm freaking out a little too much about the plot to a Kirby game considering they usually aren't the kind of games you think of "exciting plot" right away, but the final bosses in those games always get me excited.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Star Fox Zero is great so far, the gyro controls aren't even bad.

No source, surprisingly. We can assume they started development after its Japanese release in June 2010. Even if they didn't start in 2010, my point still stands because the game was presentable in its reveal trailer in the January '13 Direct. Surely, they had been working on it for a while before its reveal.
Here is a source that backs up X's development seemingly starting soon after Xenoblade:
http://nintendoeverything.com/takah...development-wants-monolith-soft-to-grow-more/
http://nintendoeverything.com/takah...development-wants-monolith-soft-to-grow-more/
"On whether he’s working on his next game…

Takahashi: Yes, that’s always the case, every time."

5 years makes a lot of sense for X as well since it's one of the most ridiculously huge console games I've seen.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Tons of games can look presentable if you only show the portions that are done (or at least stable)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A bunch of questions just cuz...

Favourite...

Franchise?

Series?

Game?

Character?

Villain?

Anti-Hero?

Area/World/Planet?

OST?

Post a Track you like from that OST...

Franchise?
The Legend of Zelda

Series?
Metroid Prime Trilogy

Game?
Metroid Prime

Character?
:4link::4samus:
it's too damn close for me to include only one or the other...so I cheated...

Villain?
Ganon/dorf, Ridley, Dark Samus, Sephiroth
For the most part I tend to not like villains as I don't really like assholes and villains are typically depicted as assholes...though the above four would be the main candidates...

Anti-Hero?
Midna

Area/World/Planet?
Hyrule

OST?
Metroid Prime Trilogy

Post a track you like from that OST...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Ky2BMVWfs

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm curious.

I'm very interested in seeing the return of Star Fox. I've enjoyed both Star Fox 64 and Adventures when I was younger, so I would call myself a fan of the series (admittedly, I've really only finished these two games, ignoring Command in it's entirety for obvious reasons. I need to get Assault one of these days...)

However, I'm temporarily putting it aside while I wait to finish some games I already have (bringing up my previous post) and make more progress in some University work. A bit of an 'incentive,' if one could say. I'll probably get it within the next two to three weeks, if I continue to work on my assignments.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Star Fox Zero is good. The controls really annoyed me for a bit but I quickly got used to it.

'Good' is the best way describe it. It's not bad or mediocre, neither is it great.

Annoying how short it is.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll build a wall around the forum to keep away trolls.
That kind of defeats the purpose of being a mod, though from what I hear it makes you somehow qualified to be president. :smirk:

MAKE SWAMP NINTENZONE SOCIAL GREAT AGAIN
On the bright side, this and the Wii U social are due for new threads soon. Personally I've been getting tired of the daily title changes and the swamp jokes so I would hope things get more conservative like the Zelda Social, rather than trying to extend a one-off joke or "news" given how quickly topics change.

It's great to see a new game in the series, but that's about it in terms of my opinion. Haven't read any reviews or paid attention to news regarding the game since the last direct where it was mandatory. The anime, to be honest, lowered my interest.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
3ds games i want this year
pokemon moon, dragon quest 7, dragon quest 8, kirby robobot, and yokai watch 2(i know its coming because there dubbing the animes second season currently and thats all about what happens during yokai watch 2...well the movie is at anyrate)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The action scenes and dialogue weren't that interesting to me and the animation seemed kind of off. There were some amusing easter eggs, but nothing to get me hyped for the game it's advertising. A lot of the cartoon I think I've seen before but done better (though I will give some slack as it's retelling the original game for the 4th time).

IDK I got more out of the Nintendo Power comic than I did this.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The action scenes and dialogue weren't that interesting to me and the animation seemed kind of off. There were some amusing easter eggs, but nothing to get me hyped for the game it's advertising. A lot of the cartoon I think I've seen before but done better (though I will give some slack as it's retelling the original game for the 4th time).

IDK I got more out of the Nintendo Power comic than I did this.
Fourth time? I don't know Star Fox too well. Was 64 just a "re-telling" of Star Fox on SNES?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I wonder if that's a sign Nintendo doesn't know what to do with Star Fox. I recall reading something years ago about how they'd make a new game once they have a good idea, but if that idea is just to retell the same story a fourth time... eh?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's because people wouldn't stop requesting it.

It's a give in to demand.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's because people wouldn't stop requesting it.

It's a give in to demand.
Maybe, but I don't think companies actually do that. They usually try to make sure that the product really is in demand rather than outright giving in to it. Capcom did that by re-releasing one of the Darkstalkers games to test the waters and the sales told them, although a lot of people were clamoring for it, it wasn't really enough to justify making a new entry. They did the same thing with Hyper Street Fighter II to gauge interest in Street Fighter IV, obviously that succeeded.

Maybe Nintendo runs things differently than other companies, but I can't imagine they literally just gave in without testing waters first.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe they are viewing it like a spiderman reboot

Where they have to tell the same damn origin story over and over but with the small differences that will make up this "Special" iteration of the series

Before they move onto something new

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom