• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Surely pokemon is going to be shown at E3

Edit: I guess not

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pokemon could save E3 honestly...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think I ever said Zelda would be Wii U exclusive.
I honestly couldn't tell you. Usually I just talk to hear (see?) my own voice, thus I don't remember who exactly I'm responding to... all I remember is being one of the first to believe in the cross-release.

As for the 2017 business, my thoughts are it was originally intended for a 2016 release what with the Trev leak and all and was only changed rather recently. And didn't Nintendo even say Zelda was to release in 2016 earlier this year?

In any case I'm certainly not happy I'm wrong if only for the precarious position it puts Nintendo in. A March release is not an enviable situation.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The NX coming next year is only a good thing IMO. I want to see them hit the 5 year lifespan mark as best as possible so they don't end up releasing things too quickly like SEGA did. To be honest, I don't expect the March date to hold.

Zelda NX everyone pretty much knew was happening, that said releasing it for the Wii U as well is an interesting move as well. I have no idea what angle they're coming from on this unless they're uber confident like the Wii.

Animal Crossing makes sense as a mobile app, and could make for an interesting dynamic for a new game, which I'll assume will be the Wii U's holiday hit. I care more or Star Fox than I do this series, but this sounds infinitely better than the recent spin off titles.

Fire Emblem more accessible? I'm not sure how that's even possible given Phoenix/AutoPlay Mode and the stuff you can obtain through paid DLC. All I know is I hated using the touch screen in the Remake DS titles (LMAO), avatars make a lot more sense here (please kill them for FE15), but am glad to see a different logo being used.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, a March works out well for me at least, since I have a birthday that month, but I'm still curious as to how it's gonna go down for Nintendo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
inb4 mobile Fire Emblem is just the skinshipping thing turned up to 11

Use real money to buy new outfits for your waifu/husbando

And there will be a micro transaction that let's you go lower than the face.

That sounded funnier in my head

But hey, this morning wasn't all that bad for me.

IMAG0354.jpg

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Nintendo can make it through the Holiday season okay, then they're in the clear.

What do they have for E3?

They've gotta be hiding something big like they did for Kirby last direct.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If Nintendo can make it through the Holiday season okay, then they're in the clear.

What do they have for E3?

They've gotta be hiding something big like they did for Kirby last direct.
I'm holding onto all hope for a new Punch-Out!!, considering apparently NLG is doing something concurrently with Federation Force. Dammit all Nintendo, just give my a new Punch-Out!! and you'll win E3 for sure. :p

That, and whatever N-Stars is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm holding onto all hope for a new Punch-Out!!, considering apparently NLG is doing something concurrently with Federation Force. Dammit all Nintendo, just give my a new Punch-Out!! and you'll win E3 for sure. :p

They could also be working on another Mario Strikers, which would actually be a good move since that game seemed fairly popular on the Wii.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Surely pokemon is going to be shown at E3

Edit: I guess not
how do you know its not going to be shown....the show floor dosent reflect the direct ya know zelda being the only game PLAYABLE wont mean its the only game nintendo shows off in the direct

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

N-Stars?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
E3 2014: "We want more Zelda U!"
E3 2015: "Where's Zelda U?"
E3 2016: "Bruh, too much Zelda U"

I would not be mad if 2016 turns like this; like many said, E3 isn't the biggest thing anymore. Im sure we'll get a couple of surprises during said event, but the main stuff will happen on specific directs of course.

This year will test our patience a lot :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
N3ON's just being a sour ol' granny. :p
1. Literally be the first to admit you were wrong
2. Refrain from smugging what you weren't wrong about
3. Have people "told ya so" you
4. Misremember something you stood alone in saying for a long time
5. Become a sour old granny.

SEEMS FAIR xD

I stand by my assertions though. I really do think the NX was set for a 2016 release. But truth be told right or wrong doesn't really matter, I'm just upset we have to go with the dang ol Wii U for almost a whole nother year with lots of nothing to satisfy us until the NX.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
E3 2014: "We want more Zelda U!"
E3 2015: "Where's Zelda U?"
E3 2016: "Bruh, too much Zelda U"

I would not be mad if 2016 turns like this; like many said, E3 isn't the biggest thing anymore. Im sure we'll get a couple of surprises during said event, but the main stuff will happen on specific directs of course.

This year will test our patience a lot :p
It's not the only big thing anymore, but E3 very much still is the biggest gaming event of the year.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
From a leak from a while back, before the most recent Direct. The leak was a list of upcoming games from the marketing department, many of them being code names. The list matched what was shown in the Direct, with Niji confirmed as being Sun and Moon, Kirby Planet Robobot being one of the code name games, Disney Art Academy and two Dragon Quest games...that, and it also said Zelda U would be cross-platform with NX.

But it also included something known as Code Name N-Stars, described as a big budget holiday 3DS title. The code name implies a big Nintendo crossover of sorts, or potentially a full-on amiibo game. Either way it's become a talking point, and it's my bet for Nintendo's big E3 reveal.

D

Deleted member

And to this day, the Wii U became the first Nintendo home console to not see the release of its own new original Zelda game only for itself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And to this day, the Wii U became the first Nintendo home console to not see the release of its own new original Zelda game only for itself.

And to think, it'll be Metroid's second time. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The funny thing is I wouldn't be surprised if the Zelda game was technically ready to release last year for the holidays.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
1. Literally be the first to admit you were wrong
2. Refrain from smugging what you weren't wrong about
3. Have people "told ya so" you
4. Misremember something you stood alone in saying for a long time
5. Become a sour old granny.

SEEMS FAIR xD

I stand by my assertions though. I really do think the NX was set for a 2016 release. But truth be told right or wrong doesn't really matter, I'm just upset we have to go with the dang ol Wii U for almost a whole nother year with lots of nothing to satisfy us until the NX.
Totally fair. :p
Really though, I know how you feel. I'm saving up to get a PS4 to make the the wait go by quicker (that and KOF 14 and SF5, I need my fighting game fill).

From a leak from a while back, before the most recent Direct. The leak was a list of upcoming games from the marketing department, many of them being code names. The list matched what was shown in the Direct, with Niji confirmed as being Sun and Moon, Kirby Planet Robobot being one of the code name games, Disney Art Academy and two Dragon Quest games...that, and it also said Zelda U would be cross-platform with NX.

But it also included something known as Code Name N-Stars, described as a big budget holiday 3DS title. The code name implies a big Nintendo crossover of sorts, or potentially a full-on amiibo game. Either way it's become a talking point, and it's my bet for Nintendo's big E3 reveal.
Ah OK. I haven't really kept up with any of the recent rumours.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
honestly i think the blame for zelda wiiu/nx being the only game at e3 lies in the reviews of starfox zero

think about it nintendo fully belives that the new controlls work amazing in starfox zero and everyone who has gotten used to them agrees however they have only heard about how bad the game controlls from the press and people who didnt take the time to learn the game

so they must be really worried about people not being able to handle something in the new zelda
that it requires an "imersive experience"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
honestly i think the blame for zelda wiiu/nx being the only game at e3 lies in the reviews of starfox zero

think about it nintendo fully belives that the new controlls work amazing in starfox zero and everyone who has gotten used to them agrees however they have only heard about how bad the game controlls from the press and people who didnt take the time to learn the game

so they must be really worried about people not being able to handle something in the new zelda
that it requires an "imersive experience"
Looking at the controls, I think they went overboard with the 'immersion'.

Yeah, people would enjoy it if gave them a sense of actually flying an aircraft, but people don't want the associated complexities of actually flying an aircraft in the game - which the motion controls seem to be doing.

:231:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
All I know is that it just made me still less give a **** about E3 now than ever

It's gonna be nothing but VR nonsense, Sony selling that scam of a console known as the PS4K and no Battletoads.

Especially considering Sun & Moon info won't drop until next month and we'll get all the info we need from then on. Sega won't drop any news for Sonic's 25th Anniversary until freaking JULY and companies like Ubisoft and EA dropped out of the event so no more hilarious events.

Unless Crash Bandicoot 4, Persona 5 doesn't get delayed again, FF7 remake news that isn't upsetting to fans and Megaman X Legacy Collection is announced, then I won't care. Unless we get news about a new Retro Studios game

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A moment of silence for all of the Nintendo fans who were planning on going to E3.

And for the Nintendo-centric journalists, like GameXplain and SourceGaming.

@PushDustIn (for real though, I hope you have other games you are looking forward to that aren't Nintendo)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just don't like how even though now we technically know more about the NX, in other regards we know even less. Before E3 seemed like a safe assumption to make in regards to learning something, now it's just some nebulous timeframe of this year. Could be tomorrow, could be eight months from now. The uncertainty compounded by all the droughts concerning real, non-spin-off material is getting a bit tiring.

Considering even E3 seems like it'll be pretty lackluster, I may as well step away for the time being. We'll see.

Chrono.

Yeah, E3 this year seems like it'll be a VR circlejerk. I'm more interested in what some of the third parties are gonna be doing.

As for the Zelda U delay, I kinda saw it coming so I'm not miffed. The NX not being at E3 is the big shocker to me. And it looks like this year's Digital Event might be just as badly received as last year's just based on no NX alone.

Kinda worried for the Wii U as well, the console's last hurrah shouldn't be a year full of nothing, and I seriously doubt they plan on supporting the console when the NX hits.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looking at the controls, I think they went overboard with the 'immersion'.

Yeah, people would enjoy it if gave them a sense of actually flying an aircraft, but people don't want the associated complexities of actually flying an aircraft in the game - which the motion controls seem to be doing.

:231:
As someone who played it today.

It's not that bad honestly.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
And Animal Crossing's first time since its N64 debut.

:troll:

(:urg:)
dont be so sure...they said that the mobile animal crossing game will be able to connect to another animal crossing game....unless they're talking about happy home i get the feeling were not out of the forest just yet

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah, E3 this year seems like it'll be a VR circlejerk. I'm more interested in what some of the third parties are gonna be doing.

As for the Zelda U delay, I kinda saw it coming so I'm not miffed. The NX not being at E3 is the big shocker to me. And it looks like this year's Digital Event might be just as badly received as last year's just based on no NX alone.

Kinda worried for the Wii U as well, the console's last hurrah shouldn't be a year full of nothing, and I seriously doubt they plan on supporting the console when the NX hits.
I think they'll have some major games lined up for the system's last hurrah.

I probably expect another Kirby game and then Sonic to receive some help with it on the system for his 25th Anniversary.

Also probably another game similar to Hyrule Warriors where it's a crossover of two different games (inb4 TMS #FE jokes)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I really hope for the best for Nintendo in the upcoming year, and for their success with the NX. While I am supremely hyped for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem coming to mobile (Those two were the best games of the 3DS three years ago, I can assure you that), the sales readings is getting me depressed and worried about them... :( I hope they'll be able to bounce back, and I hope that can be achieved by making the NX as powerful as they can, both in terms of software and hardware. Strong launch games, strong support... I really don't want Nintendo to go... :(

I'll be heading off to my studies, where I should be.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Out of all of this, I'm more worried about their "new concept" the most.
Nintendo, it wouldn't hurt to just have a normal default controller instead of having another gimmick that'll end up as a novelty for most people in the long run.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Out of all of this, I'm more worried about their "new concept" the most.
Nintendo, it wouldn't hurt to just have a normal default controller instead of having another gimmick that'll end up as a novelty for most people in the long run.
and then Japan nintendo was all like "how bout i do any way"

D

Deleted member

Called the NX not releasing this year, though March 2017 still seems pretty early, I expected it on the second semester or something

FE on mobile is the proof that it's not a niche series anymore.
I'm excited to see what they'll do with it and AC

What's the deal of Zelda being the only playable Wii U game at E3? It's not like there are any other Wii U games coming out this year that warrant a demo
Most of them now are 3DS games like Fed Force and Pokemon
Don't worry, EOV localization will save E3 :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom