• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Fingers crossed it doesn't disappoint.

I was actually kinda hoping they would announce an NX version for that as a launch title, maybe with special features (like a Sonic amiibo line and functionality for them), but I can forget about that now.

I also hope we get a lot of KH3 as well.
I could still see an NX version happening, it just wouldn't be released with the other versions.
In fact, I actually wouldn't be surprised if the reason we haven't had an announcement yet is because it will be on the NX.

D

Deleted member

I'm just wondering how mobile FE will work
Will it be a bunch of maps with playable generic units? Will it be a full F2P game with a story? Will it be some sort of series crossover with various maps and units from the games ala Awakening SpotPass? There are so many possibilities and it excites me
As I pointed out on Twitter. It makes new content for Smash for NX (or whatever it'd be called) much more likely (if the rumor ends up being true, of course). So...yay?
Uh... what? How does the NX's release date point towards a Smash port? Am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
As I pointed out on Twitter. It makes new content for Smash for NX (or whatever it'd be called) much more likely (if the rumor ends up being true, of course). So...yay?
Hurrah

image.jpeg

I don't mind new content, I just hate speculation because it brings out the worst in me because how wrong they are. I shouldn't waste my time being salty about it

How? Nothing points towards anything mre than a straight port, let alone any additional characters.
I guess because it isn't coming out in December and they would make some big additions for the March release.

I always said that if it happens, it'll be nothing but vets, maybe some extra modes and new stages. Don't expect anything new characters or any crazy overhauls

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So after reading the news and everything in this thread here are my thoughts on the latest revelations...

Pro's

- Not releasing in the Holiday Season. I actually like this TBH. I've always been vocal about my dislike for company's holding out or rushing products for the holiday season for a cash grab so the NX being released in March of next year is totally fine personally.

- Having NX news by the end of the year. As much as it sucks to not have the NX at E3 it's still good to see that there's going to be some kind of a reveal for the NX by the time the year is done. Maybe there will be a NX focused Direct in October, November, or December? Here's hoping...

- More dev time for NX games? Probably.

- More room for other IP's at E3? This is something i'm hopeful for now that the NX is confirmed not to be at E3. Really though this is just me being optimistic that I might see the games I want to see get revealed at E3. In particular the 2 IP's that I never shut up about lol.

Con's

- No NX at E3? Legit, why? Why wouldn't you reveal your upcoming console for the largest audience possible. This is such a forgone conclusion that it's so egregious that they choose not to show/say anything about the console at E3. Really, even if you dedicated the first 5 minutes to the console that would suffice really. Just something to let us know what this console is about after being hush-hush for so long.

- Nintendo's E3 suffering as a result of this. The NX was a major factor as to why people were so excited for E3 this year and taking that away from people just sucks the hype out of their presentation. All they really have now is Zelda Wii U to get people talking and I don't think people want Zelda Wii U to take like 20 minutes of the Digital Event. Nintendo is going down the same road as last year's E3 Digital Event and that's not a good thing at all.

- R.I.P. Nintendo @E3 GG Sony. Sony is going to own E3 yet again. The return of Crash and the PS4.5 is going to ensure that they kill it yet again this year. Not really a Con in general but this is a massive Con for Nintendo because their going to get their pasty rear ends handed to them by Sony.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Someone's opinion on Robobot after finishing the extras
Overall: PR > TD > RtDL
Abilities: PR > TD = RtDL
"The Gimmick:" PR >>>>> RtDL > TD
World/Levels: PR >>> TD = RtDL
Boss fights: PR > TD > RtDL
Buildup -> Finale: PR >>> TD > RtDL
EX Mode: PR > TD >>> RtDL
Subgames: PR > TD > RtDL
Throwbacks/Nostalgia and "Deepest Lore:" PR >>>>> TD > RtDL
Music: PR > TD = RtDL
Visuals: PR > RtDL > TD
The camera is used like Kirby 64 in this game, unlike the other two games that have the camera flat and dead-on the whole time. It makes a huge difference.
Granted, this stuff is subjective, but this seems like possibly the best game in the series. It's not fair how Japan gets it tomorrow and Europe needs to wait a few months
I personally hated Dedede-tour; made the already repetitive last world seem even more repetitive when I was repeating boss fights for the fourth time; a standard EX mode would at least be more up-front about it, IMO. I guess I've also never been a fan of the inherent inflexibility in having a playable character without Copy Abilities (looking at you, Meta Knightmares), though, so that's arguably my bigger beef.

Everything else about Planet Robobot looks super promising, though; it could end up being my favorite Kirby game, and I imagine the rest of the above will hold true. I'm going to intentionally stay away from soundtrack spoilers in particular; not having heard Triple Deluxe's and Yoshi's Woolly World's soundtracks before playing the games made them all the better, and it's only a little over a month to release.

On the E3 / NX doom and gloom, I really hope Color Splash doesn't end up being this holiday season's Ultra Smash equivalent; not having a playable demo at E3 doesn't bode well for us getting more info about it soon, though, nor for it distancing itself from Sticker Star.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Will it be a bunch of maps with playable generic units? Will it be a full F2P game with a story? Will it be some sort of series crossover with various maps and units from the games ala Awakening SpotPass? There are so many possibilities and it excites me

Uh... what? How does the NX's release date point towards a Smash port? Am I missing something?
The Smash port is pretty much a lock as the sources of the rumours have a really good track record so far (like with getting Zelda Wii U being on NX right - Smash is the other game that was basically guaranteed a port). What Push is saying, is that the NX coming out in March 2017 instead of this year, means that this Smash NX port is more likely to have actual new content, or more of it.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hurrah

View attachment 105293

I don't mind new content, I just hate speculation because it brings out the worst in me because how wrong they are. I shouldn't waste my time being salty about it

I guess because it isn't coming out in December and they would make some big additions for the March release.

I always said that if it happens, it'll be nothing but vets, maybe some extra modes and new stages. Don't expect anything new characters or any crazy overhauls
Don't forget a new Fire Emblem character as well! They are inevitable!:troll:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
How? Nothing points towards anything mre than a straight port, let alone any additional characters.
More development time = more likely. Not guaranteed, just more likely.

Sometime between June 2011 and August 2012 Brawl's engine was started and completely ported to both the 3DS and Wii U.
The porting process was worked on before Kid Icarus: Uprising was completely finished (without full time Sakurai).

If the Smash 6 job listing was accurate, that means they could have already started porting the game before Wii U/3DS DLC was even finished.

There's a lot of unknown variables, so anything can happen. But I think saying extra time = more likely is a fair assessment. I wouldn't be surprised with a straight port though.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Can't wait for Morgan and Kanna as the new fighters as clones of Robin and Corrin.

Although I wouldn't mind clones of Third Party characters
:4pacman:Ms. Pac-Man
:4megaman:Protoman
:4ryu:Ken
:4sonic:Metal Sonic
:4cloud:Zack
:4bayonetta:Jeanne

Burruni

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem for mobile?

Let's goooo!!!!!

And I don't think that Nintendo defaulting on E3 is a bad thing. It's slowly but surely loosing its importance, thanks to the convenience of the internet.
Sounds like Nintendo's being.
BRAVELY DEFAULT.

Sorry not sorry.
Gonna start that sequel later today.

Also I've finally figured out how Zant works in HW and now he's not garbage.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I highly doubt Smash NX will be a straight port.

I'm not really expecting any new characters except for Ice Climbers, but they have to set it apart from the previous two versions somehow, or else there is little reason to buy it until a price drop happens.

At the very least, at has to be a combination of the major content from both versions, just with Wii U style graphics.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I would hope to see some 3DS stage on Smash NX.
Mainly Pac-Maze, man I love that stage so much.
Bro, there are 7 stages I want on the NX version in HD

• Rainbow Road
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Brinstar
  • Corneria (Melee)
  • Magicant
  • Arena Ferox
  • Tomodachi Life
Pac-Maze would be fun but Tomodachi Life would be incredible in 8-Player Smash

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Did they confirm no NX console, or no NX whatsoever?

We may see some launch titles is the former.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm semi-positive/hopeful that Emily Rodger's claim that the NX will be a software monster is true.

Nintendo's all about those IPs.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
All of you sitting here saying the NX coming in March of next year will be hard to wait for.
Meanwhile I am jumping for Joy that Wii U gets one more chance (year) to blow people away.
I believe in Wii U, Always have. Always Will
Hopefully Nintendo gives the thing a glorious send off.
Let it go out with a bang :)
Ooh pretty~
Can I get this on a shirt?
I'd buy at least 2 if this was a thing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Meanwhile, Yo-Kai Watch 2 will never happen until next year since Europeans had to get the first game late.

Though Blue probably wouldn't mind waiting that long.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Whew! I have a lot to say here!

The Powerpuff Girls is starting to look like the worst attempt at a reboot I've seen for any show (I haven't watched a single second of it but what the people have been posting speaks powerfully)

The upcoming Samurai Jack revival has the original team, right?
Yeah, Genndy Tartakovsky is coming back to work on it. I have high hopes for it based on that alone.

Though, I do worry about who's going to voice Aku...
Yes, it also airs o Adult Swim, so they probably have it under nice control.
Sounds to me like we're in for a rough E3. Especially if Sun/Moon aren't present, which, with GF being the special little E3-skipping snowflake it always is, seems like an entirely possible outcome.

It kinda has to if it's going to be a no-show at E3...

I'd hardly be belabouring the point if Nintendo had expressed that, like EA and whatnot, they were going to be totally absent from E3. But they're already going to be there. Perhaps they're adamant about getting undivided attention (then again Nintendo could probably just reveal the NX in May if they wanted to - even with a 2017 release date), but being at the show and not talking about your major upcoming console less than a year away from release sounds like a huge missed opportunity, especially when it's entirely possible this conference again reflects poorly on the company like last year's did.
I HIGHLY doubt Sun and Moon will not have a huge blowout at E3. If they have Zelda NX as the big wii u pillar, they will definitely use SOMO as the big 3ds on. My bets are first major trailer, new mechanics, details on the plot and region, new mons. Think XY at E3 but bigger.

Also I think at this point it's pretty safe to say that Fire Emblem's become a mainstream Nintendo franchise, as opposed to a niche one. Considering Fates sold almost two million units so far without it releasing in Europe yet, and Fire Emblem being one of the pioneer Nintendo franchises to venture into the Mobile frontier, it seems to have become a series Nintendo's confident in, as well as the consumers.
It has 6 characters in Smash bros, a mobile game just enforces what most people couldn't handle at first lol.

Seems that Baby Metal is coming to Super Mario Maker lol:
What even is this?

More development time = more likely. Not guaranteed, just more likely.

Sometime between June 2011 and August 2012 Brawl's engine was started and completely ported to both the 3DS and Wii U.
The porting process was worked on before Kid Icarus: Uprising was completely finished (without full time Sakurai).

If the Smash 6 job listing was accurate, that means they could have already started porting the game before Wii U/3DS DLC was even finished.

There's a lot of unknown variables, so anything can happen. But I think saying extra time = more likely is a fair assessment. I wouldn't be surprised with a straight port though.
Exactly Push! In a year we got Lucas, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, Bayonnetta. Assuming the NX one was planned near the end of Smash DLC, a port and extra content could be very likely. I think the goal here is to definitely destroy the competition with the NX lineup. They already appear to have Pikmin 4 on NX, we now have Zelda U as well.

I'm sure there are many more big things.

New System, New president(if Kimishima doesn't stay, but he'd still be new), New Games, New Nintendo.

There's your slogan guys! Probably not, but it makes sense.

Anyway my thoughts on the rest of the info given:

1) Called the NX not coming out this year. It just wouldn't sit right with Nintendo and fans imo. I just couldn't see it come out this year.

2) Fire Emblem on mobile is actual brilliant. FE is super successful, popular and has become a big name for Nintendo. The second reason and how this will function? Like this(If I had to Guess)

Turn Based could still work well as there are multiple styles like that. But I could actually see them switch things up a bit and go with a style like Brave frontier. Either way, it should be really good. I could see special missions for items, and Warrior often. It would keep the community involved and the game going strong.

Moving on....
Animal Crossing on Mobile. Perfect. Not going to guess on this one, as there are multiple way to do this. None of them would be wrong really. But the other title they hinted at. Not surprised, AC as an NX launch title would sell so much! It will probably be huge and look really nice to.

And lastly....

You guys shouldn't doubt the wii U just yet.... Yes the games are dying down, but let' not forget the MetalDave Rumor. It has multiple games left that we do not know about for certain. Specifically N Stars.

that was Slated for Wii U correct? If so, I expect it to a big final title for the wii U, with a potential port to NX. I'd imagine this would get some screen time at E3 with a nice showcase, as well as Sun and Moon, as that's how it worked with Shinnoh and BW info, we are facing a similar setup so it should be intriguing to see how this all plays out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
All of you sitting here saying the NX coming in March of next year will be hard to wait for.
Meanwhile I am jumping for Joy that Wii U gets one more chance (year) to blow people away.
I believe in Wii U, Always have. Always Will
Hopefully Nintendo gives the thing a glorious send off.
Let it go out with a bang :)

Can I get this on a shirt?
I'd buy at least 2 if this was a thing.
I'm sorry but, at best, they could only have one more unannounced Wii U title (IIRC the SuperMetalDave leak mentioned one).

It's not that the wait will be hard for me personally, I honestly have too many games to play even on just the Wii U.

But it's just desperate to have only one playable game on the show floor.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Smash NX newcomers...

- Chrom
- Azura
- Eliwood as a straight up Roy clone
- Some FE unit that nobody pays attention to
- Metal Giant Young Dr. Dark Fighting Marth

Ura Ura confirmed to have a heart attack.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Itsuki Sings into Battle!

Ephraim Pierce Through The Competition!

Fire Emblem 15 Protagonist Appears!

:troll:
Eliwood Blatantly Rips Off His Son's Moveset!

Itsuki Joins The Battle So We Can Piss Off SMX!

Holy Crap How Many Fire Emblem Characters Are In This Game?

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I'm sorry but, at best, they could only have one more unannounced Wii U title (IIRC the SuperMetalDave leak mentioned one).

It's not that the wait will be hard for me personally, I honestly have too many games to play even on just the Wii U.

But it's just desperate to have only one playable game on the show floor.
I doubt there's only gonna be one. That seems illogical to me, there has to be a reason for the focus shift to Wii U and shunting the NX back a year.
I can definetly see this being one potential game on the show floor.

Things that I would love to see get made for a surprise factor:
Mother 3 happening for it's 10th anniversary
And hell if they pulled a fast one on us and gave us a new Mario Sports game in the form of a new Strikers.
I think that alone could blow me away (of course give I that NX port if it did actually happen)
It's only a matter of time before Strikers get's it chance again.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They won't pick Itsuki.

They'll go with Tsubasa instead :4diddy:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I doubt there's only gonna be one. That seems illogical to me, there has to be a reason for the focus shift to Wii U and shunting the NX back a year.
I can definetly see this being one potential game on the show floor.

Things that I would love to see get made for a surprise factor:
Mother 3 happening for it's 10th anniversary
And hell if they pulled a fast one on us and gave us a new Mario Sports game in the form of a new Strikers.
I think that alone could blow me away (of course give I that NX port if it did actually happen)
It's only a matter of time before Strikers get's it chance again.
It being illogical is all the reason why Nintendo would just have the one game on the show floor.

As they have just officially stated.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Or how about this, Sakurai would add a new Metroid character that isn't Rdiely to make us all happy and it's one who's from a new game.

Federation Farce Soldier Pisses Off The Competition!

They won't pick Itsuki.

They'll go with Tsubasa instead :4diddy:
Only for her cleavage to be censored since girl boobies are evil for the younger Smash audience. :troll:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
ok....
my thoughts on recent happenings...

NX being released March 2017
-Good, I didn't want it released this holiday, I haven't even owned my Wii U for six months at this point so I don't want to see it get pushed aside after a year...though the first quarter of next year is still pretty early, at the very least it means the Wii U won't get completely buried at the end of this year, depending on what other wii U titles may be released til then...if any of course, though I think there will be a couple, probably nothing too substantial...

NX not going to be at e3
-WHAT?! One of the main things people were expecting they are not showing? Are they going to show upcoming titles for the system at least?...AT LEAST? This is pretty bad because everyone expects big things at e3...it is likely that any NX announcements/reveals will be saved for it's own dedicated direct with probably a couple game announcements to go with it...but I honestly do think this was a bad move as e3 is where the big guns drop the bomb...
They better have a good lineup of games to show-off, and I'm not talking about titles we already know exist...

Zelda NX confirmed
-Oh My God! I totally did not see this coming whatsoever /s
Just the poor sales for the Wii U on it's own pretty much already confirmed this for everyone, Zelda is a flagship franchise for Nintendo they'd want it to do as good as possible on the market releasing only to a failing console would limit sales greatly...however it's not good for the Wii U, as it pretty much means that only those who own a Wii U will most likely get the game for the system, as opposed to enticing people to buy the system for the game itself...which some of us already have...
BUT ANOTHER ****ING DELAY ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!

Zelda focused e3, only playable Wii U title
-ok well this year is Zelda's 30th afterall so of course there was going to be something regarding Zelda's 30th Anniversary...
However, I hope the focus isn't too great on the new Zelda, even if it turns out to be the greatest thing ever revealed, one game isn't enough at e3, not even close, especially if they're not showing anything for the X...We need new titles to look forward to Nintendo...
Of course I do think that they will announce something new, even for the Wii U...'something'...of course barring leaks we won't know for sure what they have planned...
Please give us a new Metroid Nintendo!!!

Animal Crossing/Fire Emblem Mobile
-yay...
honestly, I don't care, I'm not invested in mobile gaming whatsoever, but I guess it is a good step for those who are...I can see how both games would work on mobile however, Animal Crossing is nothing too fargone from Miitomo seeing as it's a life simulator in a way, something that people can pick up and play anything...as for Fire Emblem, it may need to be watered down slightly, but mobile gaming has a lot of puzzles and strategy games which can be built around Fire Emblem's grid-based warfare...I don't think it'll be a full-fledged Fire Emblem title like Fat4es or Awakening...to me it seems no different than Chess which can take a lengthy amount of time to complete on its own...

Anything else worth mentioning that I missed...

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Two things.
A) Pikmin 4. Pikmin 4 better be at E3 because if it was "almost ready" last year I better not have to wait for March 2017.

B) March release for NX?
:4dk::4wario2::4kirby: C'mon launch titles

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm sorry, what?
I wouldn't judge Color Splash yet. People have pointed out that it could be an improvement to SS's format. I'd wait till we see more on it.

Smash NX newcomers...

- Chrom
- Azura
- Eliwood as a straight up Roy clone
- Some FE unit that nobody pays attention to
- Metal Giant Young Dr. Dark Fighting Marth

Ura Ura confirmed to have a heart attack.
Imagine Azura as a joke character.

She can only sing, which massively buffs teammates n team battle.

then she has a brass nagianta in which it only does 1%.

IF she dies, you automatically lose because how dare you let her die in battle.
lol.
It also be really funny to see Chrom get in.

Lucina: Oh... Father... Your.... Um... Here.....

Chrom: Yes, no thanks to you and that daughter stealing friend of mine!

Robin: Hey! It is perfectly normal! Don't judge me!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Two things.
A) Pikmin 4. Pikmin 4 better be at E3 because if it was "almost ready" last year I better not have to wait for March 2017.

B) March release for NX?
:4dk::4wario2::4kirby::4samus::4falcon: C'mon launch titles
fixed for ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom