• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
The evidence is "Every npc we've seen for Color Splash is the same generic Toad." (edit: barring Peach and the bucket companion)
The extrapolation that all npcs will follow this formula as present in the last two Paper Mario featuring titles (SS and Paper Jam).

Could this end up not being the case? Yes.
But there is evidence for a lack of change and people are sticking to that assumption until proven wrong. Right or wrong that may be, we won't know until we see more.

Color Splash is SAVED

BEST PAPER MARIO 20EVER

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sonic Bum was a mistake.

But the TV show and comics were bae.
This. I would rather play Sonic's Schoolhouse over the glitchiest, half***ed, boring, talkative, action game ever to grace Lord Sanic's name.

And Valkyria Federation Force Revolution will be just as fun when it comes out. The fans already dealt with an anime-cliche'd mess like Valkyria Chronicles 2 (Or the superior third game not getting localized).

Burruni

Smash Hero

Color Splash is SAVED

BEST PAPER MARIO 20EVER
Yep.
I now see the error of my ways.
Thank you Green Toad With A Flag who will likely be the ambassador to explain what the Stamps for the game do and such.

Green Toad With A Flag is the hero we need.
Green Toad With A Flag for smash.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So the Wii U will get a four year lifespan huh? Well that's pretty good as a four to five/six year timeframe is usually how long most of Nintendo's consoles go for if I recall correctly....

It gives me a bit more time to save up so that's fine by me.
Even though I probably won't be buying it until sometime further down the line, unless they release something that really makes me want to purchase the console asap....

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
VR circlejerking is gonna be the bulk of E3 that isn't Nintendo.

Nintendo and NX was supposed to be the saving grace. :(
You say circlejerk as though VR isn't that big a deal. Like, it's a real big deal. If it goes well, it's basically the equivalent of the jump from 2D to 3D

So the Wii U will get a four year lifespan huh? Well that's pretty good as a four to five/six year timeframe is usually how long most of Nintendo's consoles go for if I recall correctly....

It gives me a bit more time to save up so that's fine by me.
Even though I probably won't be buying it until sometime further down the line, unless they release something that really makes me want to purchase the console asap....
That's pretty much the lifespan of most console generations, five-to-six. Only reason last one lasted so long was because the market crash ****ed everyone over.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, running off of past Digital Events.
We're gonna see ~50 minute Digital Event.
Let's say about 8 minutes is going to be taken up by the little skits in between and the "opener" like the first two or three minutes last year was Star Fox Puppet Pals
~42 minutes of games, then.
Between a "developer corner" or whatever it. SMM took a TON of last year with little news, this has more promise.
~27 minutes left.
I say we could see 3 minutes for color splash in a more full trailer.
~24.
Sun & Moon is probably gonna have a proper trailer, about 2 minutes based on the XY from 2013.
~22.
Federation Force and TMS#FE I don't see appearing.
Honestly the dragon quest ports could get up to 3 minutes running over them.
~19
Obligatory "Nindies" segment for about 4 minutes.
~15.
Big reveal of Project N-Stars for later this year. I say it could be 10 minutes itself.
Approximately 5 other minutes from a theoretical E3 presentation.

It COULD be trialers for the Hyrule Warriors: Legends dlc to come. Marin's not gotten a trailer and we could see a teaser for the DS era pack.

That's where you have those other 3rd Party exclusive things like the Skylanders: Charged segment from last year be a highlight. Hell, (part of) it could be YW2's first phase of localization since the anime's getting its second season this year AND Wib Wob shows that they've gotten a headstart on the localization of names... (even if Europe is getting the first game in two days).
That's true. Dev's Corner tends to take away a lot of time from the Digital Event. Personally I would much rather them just do the Dev corner on their Youtube channel so their can be more time for other games. Doubt it will happen but whatever.

As for how I see things going...

About 45-50 minutes in length.
- Opening plus other skits take 7 minutes
- Zelda Wii U takes 12 minutes including it's dev corner
- Update of upcoming Hyrule Warriors DLC for the rest of the year (about 2 minutes)
- Pokemon Sun and Moon takes 2 minutes and an additional 5 minutes for it's dev corner
- Advance Wars 5 for 3DS for a minute? (pretty please?)
- Paper Mario Color Splash gets a brief dev corner that takes about 3 minutes
- Rhythm Heaven Megamix shown off for a minute
- Mobile games for FE and AC get shown off for about 3 minutes
- A new game from the 3DS leaked linup gets revealed for a minute
- Golden Sun 4 reveal for a minute (please! pretty please!?)
- Dragon Quest ports shown off/discussed for 3 minutes
- Project N-Stars reveal takes 7 minutes including it's dev corner
- Conclusion for 1 minute

Some of what I put there is wishful thinking but most of it is pretty realistic. Should also mention that I expect Mother 3 to be localized and released on the VC in the same manner Mother 1 did last year.

Last edited:

Soul.

The thing with revealing the platform at E3 is that it just doesn't seem to work anymore though. Media would have news even if they were to make a special event anyways.

It's becoming less and less ideal each year.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After looking through the Vs Basttles Wiki, I have some questions.

How the **** is Miku Hastune a planetary reality warper with universal singing range?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yep.
I now see the error of my ways.
Thank you Green Toad With A Flag who will likely be the ambassador to explain what the Stamps for the game do and such.

Green Toad With A Flag is the hero we need.
Green Toad With A Flag for smash.
The playstyle can just copy Hilde. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The thing with revealing the platform at E3 is that it just doesn't seem to work anymore though. Media would have news even if they were to make a special event anyways.

It's becoming less and less ideal each year.
Considering the PS4's reveal was in February of 2013 and the Xbone was 2 1/2 weeks before E3, it fits.

I like Sony's conferences in December moreso than E3 since they'll actually bother to show gameplay footage there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You say circlejerk as though VR isn't that big a deal. Like, it's a real big deal. If it goes well, it's basically the equivalent of the jump from 2D to 3D

That's pretty much the lifespan of most console generations, five-to-six. Only reason last one lasted so long was because the market crash ****ed everyone over.
I'm aware of the possibilities of VR. I tried the Oculus (DK2) pretty extensively and it was fantastic to experience.

However, as a commercial product, VR doesn't have a lot of merit right now.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
That's quite hard to do when the PlayStation 4 and XBOX ONE hardly have any games that interest you.
But why though? I can't possibly fathom that there's nothing there that you would enjoy. Every Nintendo fan should give Ori and the Blind Forest on XB1 a try. Probably the best Metroidvania game in years.

Playstation has some really solid Indies. I would say the new Ratchet and Clank game is a really awesome platformer that 3D platforming fans should enjoy.

Point is, if you only play Nintendo games... You really are missing out on a lot. I get if it's a financial thing. But restricting yourself to Nintendo for brand loyalty is silly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But why though? I can't possibly fathom that there's nothing there that you would enjoy. Every Nintendo fan should give Ori and the Blind Forest on XB1 a try. Probably the best Metroidvania game in years.

Playstation has some really solid Indies. I would say the new Ratchet and Clank game is a really awesome platformer that 3D platforming fans should enjoy.

Point is, if you only play Nintendo games... You really are missing out on a lot. I get if it's a financial thing. But restricting yourself to Nintendo for brand loyalty is silly.
There's just not enough good exclusives on PS4 and Xbox One.

People talk **** about Nintendo droughts, but exclusive droughts on other systems are way worse these days.

And yes, exclusives are most important at the end of the day. The vast majority of the third party stuff are on Steam/PC for a cheaper price, are more impressive there, and are often moddable really easily.

Keep in mind I grew up with Playstation and Xbox. I only got into home console Nintendo with the Wii.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I just learned Cuphead is coming to PC.

Nice, even less reasons to buy an Xbox One.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
After looking through the Vs Basttles Wiki, I have some questions.

How the **** is Miku Hastune a planetary reality warper with universal singing range?
Because Miku is that strong. Plus it's Japan, they run on weirdness and toon force all the time. :troll:

Bill Cipher, the DBZ universe, and the Undertale high tiers can defeat her with ease.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Damn. Just looking at the lineup this year for Nintendo.

Besides Pokemon... like ****. I feel really bad for Nintendo fans this year.

I mean Nintendo has had bad holiday seasons. But this is the worst it's been. Hope they pick it up in 2017.
I like to give the situation a positive spin. I like to stay neutral and everyone else sees it in a negative light, so I may as well.

Personally I assume they're just stockpiling for said 2017. That seems to be what they're implying, so I'll give them that 10-11 month benefit of the doubt to see what they're up to.

And I don't mind the lower number of games so much. I develop an interest in far fewer Nintendo games than most fans anyway and I'm trying to hold off on going on a shopping spree until NX, so being mostly just interested in Pokemon, Robobot, and possibly N-Stars depending on what that ends up being is fine by me.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
There's just not enough good exclusives on PS4 and Xbox One.

People talk **** about Nintendo droughts, but exclusive droughts on other systems are way worse these days.

And yes, exclusives are most important at the end of the day. The vast majority of the third party stuff are on Steam/PC for a cheaper price, are more impressive there, and are often moddable really easily.

Keep in mind I grew up with Playstation and Xbox. I only got into home console Nintendo with the Wii.
Nintendo really hasn't been doing much with those solid exclusives/IPs recently though is the point here.

Exclusives to make a console for sure. But when you consider this in the context of only owning a Nintendo console... then you're missing out on the stuff that is PS4/Xbox One available but not on Wii U.

That's not to say that exclusives on those consoles aren't great. As I stated before... Ori is one of the best games I've ever played and is on Xbox. Xbox has the best console shooter out there with Halo 5. Playstation has Naughty Dog. Everyone owes it to themselves to give those titles a shot.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So is it fair to say that we can expect a huge NX Direct in like October, November, or December? I mean at some point their going to have to create a huge amount of hype for their console and that seems like the best time to do it. Maybe do it before the holiday season so people can save up their money come the NX launch in March?

Burruni

Smash Hero
I just learned Cuphead is coming to PC.

Nice, even less reasons to buy an Xbox One.
I now have 0 reasons of interest.

Nintendo really hasn't been doing much with those solid exclusives/IPs recently though is the point here.

Exclusives to make a console for sure. But when you consider this in the context of only owning a Nintendo console... then you're missing out on the stuff that is PS4/Xbox One available but not on Wii U.

That's not to say that exclusives on those consoles aren't great. As I stated before... Ori is one of the best games I've ever played and is on Xbox. Xbox has the best console shooter out there with Halo 5. Playstation has Naughty Dog. Everyone owes it to themselves to give those titles a shot.
Or just get Ori on Steam.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I've pretty much been a Nintendo player since I was just a kid. Sure, I have played some other consoles like the Sega Genesis and Sony PlayStation during my childhood, but I just seem to get more from Nintendo than with Sony and Microsoft.

Of course, I did get to use a PlayStation 2 system for a while at one point, which gave me a chance to play the Jak & Daxter and Sly Cooper titles. But after PlayStation 2, hardly anything for the PS3 and PS4 interested me.

And as tempting as it is to get hold of Ratchet & Clank, I'm not going to spend a massive amount of cash on the PS4, just to play that game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yep. I imagine if one is complaining about lack of games then they probably don't own a PC then :p
Buu does have a point though, why should someone bother to get a system that only has games you like which are on something you already have? I considered saving for an XB1 or PS4 but there weren't a lot of exclusives that I cared about

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Buu does have a point though, why should someone bother to get a system that only has games you like which are on something you already have? I considered saving for an XB1 or PS4 but there weren't a lot of exclusives that I cared about
What do you mean? I was arguing for the sake of getting another console if you only have a Wii U.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I do feel sorry for Sega, its success is rare, which makes it stressful for all the workers there. It has tried to be a serious rival to Nintendo, and that has never worked out. They've attempted consoles, yet they just ended up bringing failure. Sega didn't know enough about game development for their consoles to sell. The vast majority of Sega series can easily be considered obscure, so they're left relying on Bayonetta and Sonic, and despite the latter being one of the top 12 best-selling game series, it has gotten a handful of bad reviews on games.

I've been worrying some about multiple companies, and Sega's situation is too bad that it's not worth worrying from me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What an interesting way to come home from work.

It's a lot to take in and pretty surprised throughout. Not going into panic mode just yet though.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I got a PS4 for christmas.
Because Disgaea 5, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, Estival Versus, DS3, Persona 5, and KH3 were games very much so on my radar and either had come out or were going to in about the next year.
Yes, DS3 could've been gotten on PC, DSCS and EV on my Vita, and Persona 5 /said/ it'll have a PS3 version.
But honestly, it was justification for the system imo.

In my eyes, the question is "Is the cost of the console going to be equal or less than that of the games I'm gonna want on it."
Smash WiiU, Pikmin 3, Bayo2, XenoX, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, Tropical Freeze, MK8, 3D World, and other things along the list made the WiiU's library a lot smaller for me than that of its predecessor... but I don't regret the purchase either.

I can't say I'd see the same in an Xbone.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Do exclusives really matter that much though? The only people I hear clamoring them are Nintendo fans, and even then, there's still a ton of exclusive on the other platforms, they're just not as heavily marketed.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm not sure what you mean by saying SEGA "is depending" on Bayonetta considering it's a niche series that barely got a sequel.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I step away from the amiibo scene for a month or three and suddenly Donkey Kong is unicorn-level rare.

What happened? :laugh: Makes me glad he was one of the first amiibo I bought.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What do you mean? I was arguing for the sake of getting another console if you only have a Wii U.
But if you have a PC, why get the other console?
Do exclusives really matter that much though? The only people I hear clamoring them are Nintendo fans, and even then, there's still a ton of exclusive on the other platforms, they're just not as heavily marketed.
Exclusives matter. Why? Because when I look at a console, I go "Hmm, why should I buy THIS instead of a different console?" Nintendo answered with Zelda, Kirby, Smash, Mario, Wonderful 101, etc. Sony told me to go **** myself with an ointment of Silent Hills, thought Microsoft has Halo, Rare Replay and Killer Instinct, so I'm more tempted to get the system

PS4 at launch had pretty much nothing I wanted. A few potential games bit nothing else

Now it has FFXV, FFVIIr, Ratchet, Street Fighter, bloodborne, Uncharted, Fallout (PC can't run it), KH3, Dark SOuls 3 etc.

After the hopeful price drop, it will be worth the value :p

"street date broken after Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is stolen by thieves"

The irony is delicious.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
But if you have a PC, why get the other console?

Exclusives matter. Why? Because when I look at a console, I go "Hmm, why should I buy THIS instead of a different console?" Nintendo answered with Zelda, Kirby, Smash, Mario, Wonderful 101, etc. Sony told me to go **** myself with an ointment of Silent Hills, thought Microsoft has Halo, Rare Replay and Killer Instinct, so I'm more tempted to get the system
What about all those multiplats that the Wii U doesn't have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom