• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
TIL that people are invested enough into the Kirby story and lore to care about spoilers

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
TIL that people are invested enough into the Kirby story and lore to care about spoilers
I mean, it's just a matter of principle.

I don't much think there's MUCH to engage in storywise in Kirby, but I still don't like spoilers by principle.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Amusingly, Pokemon has Stunky, whose face also resembles butt cheeks.
At least it has a little subtlety to it

I think I tried to use a skuntank in generation 4

Not sure why something called "Tank" has a defense of 67

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So
HW question again.
Volga map included a "treasure" of what looks to be a red eyed version of the Water Bomb I didn't find as I hastily tried to A-Rank the stage.
Can someone tell me what that's about? It isn't on the Item Card page of the Zelda wiki

I mean. . .imagine if you were a huge fan of
Dark Matter or Galcata Knight or some or Sectonia

Would you rather have their reveal be a crazy surprise or just told to you through text? Playing games to the fullest is a noble cause IMO.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh my, DarkSiders II is 9.9 GBs.... I might end up giving it away
Street Fighter on 3DS is no better.

I had to delete every piece of downloaded software I had. No room left for the other things. I really need a bigger SD card.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How long until planet Robobot is released in the EU?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For those getting the humble bundle: I really enjoyed Citizens of Earth. That game is HEAVILY inspired by EarthBound (but enough that it's not a clone).

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Street Fighter on 3DS is no better.

I had to delete every piece of downloaded software I had. No room left for the other things. I really need a bigger SD card.
I have a 16 GB on my New 3DS XL, so Im not worried about it. My Wii-U on the other hand....

Anyways, maybe someone here would be interested in purchasing it? *Shameless plug*

EDIT- So I just signed up for HumbleBundles website, and it turns out I have another bundle that I apparently purchased 2 years ago.

Wat

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, since we're doing giveaways, if anyone wants Freedom Planet on Wii U, message me.

I might give away more since there are two versions of some games, but that's a game I already have 4 times prior to this bundle, one I intend to give away to a friend. :p

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
When I said gameplay mechanics, I worded it wrong. The puzzles are a lot more interesting and unique
If that means they don't suck for once then fine.
Still not enough to salvage much interest in the series though

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I've been wondering something since yesterday, and I figure since Smash character selection discussion comes up whether we bring up hypothetical new games or not and is usually negative to an extent rather than positive, I may as well get it out.

Are there any characters that they could add to a hypothetical future Smash Bros that would make you actively hyped? Like, not just nodding about how they deserved the spot or something, but make you actually excited?

I feel like we focus so much on what we DON'T like that there isn't all that much discussion on what would have us on the edge of our seats squeeing like maniacs.

So how about it? Are there any characters that would make you super duper ooper excited to see them if they were added at some point?
-Simon Belmont
-Shovel Knight
-Dark Matter
-Professor Layton
-Bartz
-Neku Sakuraba
-Medusa
-Scizor
-Gengar
-Adol Cristin
-Bomberman
-Max from Shining Force
-Joe Musashi
-Captain Syrup
-Nightmare
-Goemon from Ganbare Goemon.
-Django from Boktai
-Beat
And more I can't think of at the moment
BAM, new Humble Bundle on Ninty consoles is available, and its good stuff!
https://mynintendonews.com/2016/04/26/a-humble-friends-of-nintendo-bundle-has-launched/

Pay $1

• Retro City Rampage: DX (3DS)
  • Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U)
  • Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (Wii U and 3DS)
Pay over the average of (this changes as more people buy the bundle, but as of this writing it’s $9)

• Freedom Planet (Wii U)
  • Rhythm Thief & The Emperor’s Treasure (3DS)
  • Citizens of Earth (Wii U and 3DS)
  • Retro City Rampage: DX 3DS HOME Theme
Pay over $13

• Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
  • Darksiders II
How does this work exactly? Could someone give me details?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Should clarify, any games I am offering to give away are only valid in Europe/South Africa. :\

You pledge a certain amount and that gets you a certain amount of games.

The "Pay more than the average" part changes overtime, according to how much people donate.

Basically, if you want everything pictured here, then pledge $13.

Only want Shantae, Retro City, and Affordable Space Adventures? Pledge $1.

After you do that, you are given download codes for the eshop.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I've been wondering something since yesterday, and I figure since Smash character selection discussion comes up whether we bring up hypothetical new games or not and is usually negative to an extent rather than positive, I may as well get it out.

Are there any characters that they could add to a hypothetical future Smash Bros that would make you actively hyped? Like, not just nodding about how they deserved the spot or something, but make you actually excited?

I feel like we focus so much on what we DON'T like that there isn't all that much discussion on what would have us on the edge of our seats squeeing like maniacs.

So how about it? Are there any characters that would make you super duper ooper excited to see them if they were added at some point?
Isaac and Andy. These 2 are characters I wanted to see be in Smash Bros for so many years on end and are very overdue for inclusion in Smash Bros and their series are absolutely deserving of having playable representation in Smash Bros. Other choices are Crash and K. Rool. Crash especially is my most wanted 3rd party newcomer even more so than Banjo.

I know I said I was going on hiatus and stuff but I had to answer that question lol.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
If you pay $1, you get the games that are listed under $1. If you pay $9, you get all the games under listed under the $9 category and that $1 category. If you pay $13 or more, then you get all the games listed.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
All I have to do is erase "are not". It's easier for me. In order to stop embarrassing you I'll leave it be. Since you're so far beneath me of course.

Hey, no looking at the file names!! ;)
You'd think I'd surrender that easily?
upload_2016-4-26_16-52-48.png

IT'S MERELY JUST BEGUN.
:troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Dunno where you've been, most of the reveals made most people excited, even if it was a character they weren't super hyped for beforehand. Perhaps you're focusing too much on the DLC, which was more divisive than the typical reveal. But it was also optional so perspective would've gone a long way for some.

In any case I'm usually hyped by any character that isn't just a palette swap or costume change parading as a new character or one added solely for marketing reasons. I mean I could probably count the number of reveals I wasn't hyped about since Brawl on one hand~

Though the characters that would make me super duper ooper excited are

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I'm probably late to the party, but this is trending on facebook

Nintendo's new controller?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least it has a little subtlety to it

I think I tried to use a skuntank in generation 4

Not sure why something called "Tank" has a defense of 67
There are a good number of odd moments in regards to Pokemon stats. For an example, Purugly may look like a bulky tank, but its defenses are actually quite weak. Similarly, Pyroar is based on a lion, and yet its base attack is quite mediocre; even a Linoone can hit a bit harder with its physical attacks than a Pyroar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom