• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So I found out how to make custom orientations (axis) in Blender. Moving things accurately along diagonal axes and such was such a pain.

I love it when I find solutions to long-had problems.

----

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
New CoD is Infinite Warfare.
So is the main villain going to be Discount Thanos?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What happened to Inafune, he used to be so respected and looked up to and now everyone hates him.

How the mighty have fallen indeed.
Aside from Mega Man, Inafune helmed one of my all time favorite games; Dead Rising. A game I've played through at least 50 times. I'm not even kidding.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What's so bad about Miyamoto?
He's extremely talented and can do unanimously good things when he really wants to even nowadays (Pikmin 3, Super Mario Maker, Hyrule Warriors), but most of the time these days, he's either updating old games and attaching strings to it (Star Fox: Zero), or tampering with games that are trying to do something different or new because of his dated ideals (trying to strip Mario games of all charm and character, preventing online from being implemented into various games because he personally feels it wouldn't be fun, etc).

And he's super ironic and hypocritical too. Whenever he wants to do something new and different and it gets criticised for being unnecessary or going too far (like with Star Fox: Zero), he always makes excuses. But whenever another Nintendo developer does the same thing, he criticises them by saying "nobody is actively asking for this", essentially. An example of this is when Yoshiaki Koizumi was trying to add Rosalina and some story elements into Super Mario Galaxy, and Miyamoto tried to prevent with his reasoning saying "nobody is actually actively asking for a second female character in Mario or more story elements, so we don't need it". Well nobody, and I do MEAN nobody, was actually asking for a brand new control scheme in a new Star Fox game - in fact, many people actively asked for a way to play the game without motion controls as soon as the game was shown at E3, and Miyamoto just flat out ignored that.

And before anyone says "YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME YET", I know I haven't, but the issue isn't my personal tastes. I think Zero's controls look really cool, personally, and it's the aspect of the game I am most looking forward to (still waiting on my copy to arrive). The point is though, it's something I never asked for, nobody else asked for it, and when Miyamoto responded to requests to add a mode to play without motion controls (which was absolutely possible, Star Fox 64 3D proves it, as it does the exact opposite), he flat out ignored it, saying stuff like "I JUST WANT TO PROVIDE A NEW EXPERIENCE".

But try to add original characters or a talking Bowser to Paper Mario, or an actually respectable female character to the core Mario series, or even just online play to a multiplayer game, and you get "nobody actively asked for this so I don't see the benefit".

A lot of this is directly comparable to George Lucas.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
HW grinding is making me hurt.

All this stuff just to get my SS Link costume, TP Zelda costume and OOT Ganondorf costume.

Also I want my Skull Kid Lana

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
Aside from Mega Man, Inafune helmed one of my all time favorite games; Dead Rising. A game I've played through at least 50 times. I'm not even kidding.
Oh hey I have that game.

Haven't played it yet but I plan on doing it!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
He's forced some very questionable design decisions.
IE: Twilight Princess's long tutorial, Sticker Star, and SF0's controls
Once you've gotten down the gyro controls, Star Fox Zero becomes more tolerable to play, but it's not exactly designed for casual players.

All this stuff just to get my SS Link costume, TP Zelda costume and OOT Ganondorf costume.

You are referring to the 3DS version, right?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Once you've gotten down the gyro controls, Star Fox Zero becomes more tolerable to play, but it's not exactly designed for casual players.

You are referring to the 3DS version, right?
Yep. You can't buy the costumes on the 3DS version since they are unlockables

D

Deleted member

I interrupt your Kirby leaks for more important ones
Also because the Gurren Lagann jokes got old pretty quickly
EO Portraits!
GP55xm8.jpg

i35Juag.jpg

There's an old lady, it may not sound like much but that's a first in the series
And good thing the tail is blocking the second female portrait otherwise I wouldn't be able to post them
9z1xe9q.jpg

I can't post the female Necromancer because I'd get infracted but shirtless men are okay, right?

I also can't post the female Reapers for the same reason so it'll have to be the closest thing to them

Burruni

Smash Hero

SS Link is in Great Sea iirc.
TP Zelda and OoT Dorf I've yet to see.
Currently traversing MQ with 6/30 Lv3 Weapons. Unsure on costume count.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I've been wondering something since yesterday, and I figure since Smash character selection discussion comes up whether we bring up hypothetical new games or not and is usually negative to an extent rather than positive, I may as well get it out.

Are there any characters that they could add to a hypothetical future Smash Bros that would make you actively hyped? Like, not just nodding about how they deserved the spot or something, but make you actually excited?

I feel like we focus so much on what we DON'T like that there isn't all that much discussion on what would have us on the edge of our seats squeeing like maniacs.

So how about it? Are there any characters that would make you super duper ooper excited to see them if they were added at some point?

D

Deleted member

So I've been wondering something since yesterday, and I figure since Smash character selection discussion comes up whether we bring up hypothetical new games or not and is usually negative to an extent rather than positive, I may as well get it out.

Are there any characters that they could add to a hypothetical future Smash Bros that would make you actively hyped? Like, not just nodding about how they deserved the spot or something, but make you actually excited?

I feel like we focus so much on what we DON'T like that there isn't all that much discussion on what would have us on the edge of our seats squeeing like maniacs.

So how about it? Are there any characters that would make you super duper ooper excited to see them if they were added at some point?
100% Hyped:
Hector I know it will never happen just let me dream
101% Hyped:
Wonder-Red

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Quite a few, honestly. Bandanna Dee, Dixie Kong, Inkling, etc.

Rayman, however, would make me the most excited.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Bandana Dee, Ganon, Waluigi, Anna, Phoenix Wright.
Those are pretty much the 5.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Professor Layton would probably make me the most excited out of any character if he where playable in Smash. Although I guess he's probably a pipe dream at this point...... well, a bigger pipe dream than he was pre-Smash 4.....

I'd be very happy to see Anna and Mallo too though.

At this point, I'd be happy enough if my favourite veterans just stayed for future instalments.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
The only characters that would make me extremely hyped are:

Ah, I remember when Ridley was loved and everybody wanted him, and he was "likely", good times.

Characters that would make me hyped are:
Magolor, Bomberman, Pichu, Sceptile, King Boo and K.Rool.
And now that he is a possibility, I think, Geno.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Midna and Dark Samus are still my two most wanted, so of course I'd be extremely hyped to see either of them...

Other characters like Ridley, Impa, Elma, Wolf, Lara Croft, Banjo & Kazooie I'd be happy to see added as well...

A few other pipedreams such as Crash Bandicoot, Tifa, Weavile, Yoshimitsu would make me hyped...

That's pretty much it, not a lot of them are all that likely apart from Elma, maybe Impa depending on where the Zelda series goes with her character...

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

The characters that would make me hyped (that aren't veterans) would probably be:
Vaati, Anna, Banjo, Midna, Meowth, Sceptile, Viridi, Fiora,

Actually you know what? I think just about any character would get me hyped.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

I get hyped off of third party characters being added. Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud, Bayonetta are the characters that got me the most hyped. Anyone else, although cool, because they're Nintendo characters, it's basically "Of course they're gonna add them, they're Nintendo." Third party characters are just more special

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Rayman would make me very hyped.
Like, close to Sonic in Brawl hyped.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Characters that would make me hyped?

King K. Rool, Ephraim (the best man), Dixie Kong, Bandanna Dee, Yuri Kozukata, Ryu Hayabusa, Rayman, Heihachi, Ridley, Jack Frost, Undyne (let a girl dream), Savvy Stylist, Inkling, Gardevoir, Lily Flyer, and Asuka (Again, let a girl dream).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Actively hyped? Inkling, Chrom, Henry Fleming, King K. Rool, Starfy, Chorus Kids, Arcade Bunny, Lara Croft, Crash, Maxwell, Shovel Knight. And if we're going really really unlikely, so too would Muddy, Gengar, Klefki, John Henry, Papyrus, Virion, Darunia, Looker, and E. Gadd.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Scorpion, Alucard, Master Chief, Nightmare (Soul Calibur), Dante, Amaterasu, Kefka, Eggman, Ezio, Minato Arisato (Persona 3 Protagonist) and Wonder Red.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

On a (mostly) more realistic level: King K. Rool, Bandana Dee, Ridley, Tetra, Rayman, Spyro......and on more of an pipe-dream level, Papyrus, Wreck-It Raplh, and Heavy Weapons Guy.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
DKVine did a podcast with some Playtonic employees, and Steve Mayles (creator of Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee, Dixie, K. Rool etc) briefly talked about wanting K. Rool in Smash Bros.

1:12 in if anyone wants to see it! I think @BKupa666 will be, at least.
Skips to 1:12 in the video...

Where do they talk about it?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We're talking hyped newcomers now?

Dark Matter, King K. Rool,
Waaaaaaa, Elma, Rhythm Girl, Jibanyan, Ayumi Tachibana, Takamaru, Goku (Not THAT one :troll:), Daisy, Bomberman, Beat (Jet Set Radio), Simon Belmont, Arle Nadja, and THE GREAT PAPYRUS!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Isaac, Lyn, Ashley, Waluigi and Tingle.

Incidentally, all of them are/were assist trophies.

Smash 4's development took a weird turn for me as none of my bigger wants made it in, but many minor ones did: :4bowserjr::4drmario::4megaman::4palutena::4robinm::rosalina::4feroy:

:231:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

Characters that would hype me up?

Bandana Dee (in case you couldn't tell), Inklings, Shadow the Hedgehog (or Tails, Knuckles, Eggman), Jibanyan, Captain Toad, Isaac, Sceptile or Gallade, Billy Hatcher, Tetra, 9-Volt, Leon or Slippy

Dang, I want a lot of characters

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We're talking hyped newcomers now?

Dark Matter, King K. Rool,
Waaaaaaa, Elma, Rhythm Girl, Jibanyan, Ayumi Tachibana, Takamaru, Goku (Not THAT one :troll:), Daisy, Bomberman, Beat (Jet Set Radio), Simon Belmont, Arle Nadja, and THE GREAT PAPYRUS!
Your avatar is making me physically uncomfortable. >_>

:231:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Serkan Toto (guy who leaked Miitomo, among other things) has some rumors on Nintendo's investor meeting tomorrow.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1211941

He says there should be some actual announcements on future products, though he doesn't know if the NX will be a part of it. Expect mobile stuff.
Interesting. Also would it be to much to ask for sun and moon info Nintendo?
please....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom