• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i think the most important thing to take away is that... Oh hey kingsquest chapter 3 is out

and it featues the return of kingsquests greatest villian!
CEDRIC!

as a baby!

Last edited:

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
So are they making anymore DLC?

The most recent DLC characters were so annoying, on top of that my opinion of the Fire Emblem series is neutral and I hate Bayonetta (She's too oversexualized and awkward) so if this is it then I feel seriously underwhelmed.

EDIT: My brother is a Bayonetta main, and he beats me with her all the time.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So are they making anymore DLC?

The most recent DLC characters were so annoying, on top of that my opinion of the Fire Emblem series is neutral and I hate Bayonetta (She's too oversexualized and awkward) so if this is it then I feel seriously underwhelmed.

EDIT: My brother is a Bayonetta main, and he beats me with her all the time.
DLC is over now.

Only hope for more new characters anytime soon is an NX port with extra content, or mods.

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
Actually you want to know what the PPG reboot lacks, a soul.

It has no soul at all and has absolutely no identity of it's own, it really just exists as a ploy for little girls to "BUY OUR TOYZ!"

It's not really saying much at all but TTG is much, much better on the basis that it at least has it's own identity and did a lot of things better than PPG, such as hiring the original voice cast, and having a unified style to contrast with the main characters. Also somehow despite being made in Flash TTG is somehow more fluid and less stilted than PPG, how do you do that?

In the end, PPG is possibly the worst cartoon reboot of all time because of how much heart and identity it lacks compared to the original.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Can someone please explain the current thread title? Thanks.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I hate this gif. Apperantly disliking a character automatically means 'salt'

No, but seriously, I think that's more fun than Sheik or Rosalina.
I dunno. Personally, I just like to watch Nintendo's all-stars. Really ot a fan of most 3rd Party characters, to be honest.

And Krystal was hated more than the poll indicates, so she's not acceptable.
RIP the dream

and in news that will shock and amaze.....no one
mighty number 9 delayed again
I'm curious. Exactly how many times has that game been delayed? I can't even remember when it's initial release date was around.

So that MN9 delay might actually not be a delay, and instead be a **** up by the Xbox maetplace

because unless MN9 already released in February, it's wrong because the UK also displays 12/2/16

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
At this point they may as well just pull the plug on the game entirely, seeing as how it's practically stuck in development hell.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I found this:

It's 4 days old, but cool!

I hate this gif. Apperantly disliking a character automatically means 'salt'

I dunno. Personally, I just like to watch Nintendo's all-stars. Really ot a fan of most 3rd Party characters, to be honest.
The gif was just a joke, I also hate when someone says something and the answers are just "lel salt".
Like when someone says Corrin is a terrible choice, or this game is slow and defensive, or well, anything questioning Sakurai the God's decisions.

Well, I respect your opinion.
I only like Bayonetta, the other third parties have extemely boring movesets, playstyles or I just dislike them.
Cloud is OK, for me.

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
Mighty No. 9 never really looked good anyways, it always looked so dull.

Besides, they should plan merchandise AFTER the game is a success, not BEFORE it comes out. *Facepalm*

Otherwise you're just guaranteeing failure.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Otherwise you're just guaranteeing failure.
Depends on how well marketed the game is.
Overwatch has merchandise like statues coming out even though the game isn't out for a while but it's getting pushed really hard. Helps they had the Tracer butt "controversy" to get more attention. I don't see that falling flat on it's face unless Blizzard suddenly decide to do what Inafune did and delay the game numerous times and add on kickstarters for a bunch of extra things nobody wants.

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
Depends on how well marketed the game is.
Overwatch has merchandise like statues coming out even though the game isn't out for a while but it's getting pushed really hard. Helps they had the Tracer butt "controversy" to get more attention. I don't see that falling flat on it's face unless Blizzard suddenly decide to do what Inafune did and delay the game numerous times and add on kickstarters for a bunch of extra things nobody wants.
Exactly, the game has been marketed horribly, so the chances of them selling more merchandise is slim to say the least.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I found this:

It's 4 days old, but cool!

The gif was just a joke, I also hate when someone says something and the answers are just "lel salt".
Like when someone says Corrin is a terrible choice, or this game is slow and defensive, or well, anything questioning Sakurai the God's decisions.

Well, I respect your opinion.
I only like Bayonetta, the other third parties have extemely boring movesets, playstyles or I just dislike them.
Cloud is OK, for me.
It's about damn time we got news on SU. It's been like 4 or 5 months without a new episode. I've seen the fight scene from the first one already, but not the rest. So is it 5 episodes a week, or 1 episode for 4 weeks?

I'm happy that it's finally back, and can't wait for it!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
DKVine did a podcast with some Playtonic employees, and Steve Mayles (creator of Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee, Dixie, K. Rool etc) briefly talked about wanting K. Rool in Smash Bros.

1:12 in if anyone wants to see it! I think @BKupa666 will be, at least.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
DKVine did a podcast with some Playtonic employees, and Steve Mayles (creator of Banjo-Kazooie, Yooka-Laylee, Dixie, K. Rool etc) briefly talked about wanting K. Rool in Smash Bros.

Neat, nice to know they think of him!

And I just realized, Yooka Laylee will probably be out before Mighty No #9

:laugh:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Interesting.

Let's play a game:
What was the last game you played today?

Take the title and replace one of the words with the word Bannana. (or make fusion of both the title and the word Bannana)
Bravely Banana

Oh wait there is an anime I like!

"AVATAR IS NOT AN ANIME!!!! UUUUUGGGGHHGGHG!!!"
:troll:

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I made a video about how Melee's Stage Selection Screen is ordered (article will be posted later today). Let me know what you guys think!

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
What happened to Inafune, he used to be so respected and looked up to and now everyone hates him.

How the mighty have fallen indeed.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. Not only did Kirby Robobot partly leak, but the ROM's online as well.

R.I.P Leaker 2016-2016

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom