• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Has anyone watched House?

This one guy uses clips from it in his videos, and it seems like it's pretty funny
I did
Well, kinda, I didn't follow it religiously but I always watched it when it was on TV(wow, that was a long time ago when I still watched TV) but it is a great show
It's worth watching it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Although really speaking, all I want is Rayman, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Crash, there are some other characters that seem interesting but these are the ones I'm truly interested in.

If we got another Ubisoft character though besides Rayman who would it be though, Ezio? Aidan? Rabbids?
In terms of popularity, I'd say Ezio. Though I personally think Ubisoft itself should be made playable as a character that can attack by glitching out

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
How speculation has changed now that Cloud, Ryu, and Bayonetta have shattered the common conception of what characters are and aren't viable. . .
And yet ironically I get the feeling that our new expectations are going to end up just as inaccurate as our old ones.

Everyone will just end up expecting FPS characters and even non video game characters while simultaneously making up new rules to go with, and then there likely won't be much if anything made of it while the new rules are the ones that end up utterly shattered.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
If those Beyond Good and Evil 2 rumors are true, I could see Jade's chances go up.

By about 1%. So 2% chance, give or take.

And yet ironically I get the feeling that our new expectations are going to end up just as inaccurate as our old ones.

Everyone will just end up expecting FPS characters and even non video game characters while simultaneously making up new rules to go with, and then there likely won't be much if anything made of it while the new rules are the ones that end up utterly shattered.
The day smash speculation is able to accurately predict what we get without leaks is the day speculation gets boring

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If those Beyond Good and Evil 2 rumors are true, I could see Jade's chances go up.

By about 1%. So 2% chance, give or take.
LOL with the parallels to Bayonetta's situation I could see it. I even made a comment about it during one of the times the rumor was brought up.

She'd probably win the Smash Bros NX Ballot or something. :awesome:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Although really speaking, all I want is Rayman, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Crash, there are some other characters that seem interesting but these are the ones I'm truly interested in.

If we got another Ubisoft character though besides Rayman who would it be though, Ezio? Aidan? Rabbids?
Maybe Rabbids, but they've pretty much fell off the face of the Earth. Rayman is basically the de facto Ubisoft character.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Eh, cut 343 some slack, the gameplay of Halo 5 is ****ing amazing and what you can do with Forge is again amazing. It'd be cooler if everything was there at launch and possibly with split screen, but I'm satisfied.

Also, although they're sorta messing up with the story, they're at least doing more with it than Bungie did.
Yeah they're at least using the Forerunners and Blue Team and are actually paying attention to the books instead of casting them off to one side (First Strike with Halo 2 for example. How am I meant to know Johnson survived without having read First Strike?)

Funnily enough Halo 5 is the only time I've really had a go at 343. Halo 4 I could pass off as "finding their own identity whilst building off of Bungie" whilst having a really good story and the MCC was a collaboration with loads of studios, I'd be surprised if it went off perfectly (I didn't even get any issues anyway so it was perfectly fine in my experience). I guess part of it is my expectation after what Halo 4 brought in story wise and the fact I loved the Forerunner saga of books by Greg Bear. I also paid extra for it so I didn't feel as if I got enough bang for my... buck initially.

D

Deleted member

Inkling is a necessary character in Smash. Here's why:
Name one shooter character in the last 10 years that hasn't tried to be CoD, Halo or Battlefield
Maybe Rabbids, but they've pretty much fell off the face of the Earth. Rayman is basically the de facto Ubisoft character.
Rabbids were overthrown by Minions
At least that means Smash is safe... right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wonder if there is any chance of a new Punch-Out!! game being announced this E3.
If Nintendo can come up with a new way to use the franchise, I'd bet on it.

The problem is that Nintendo is 100% fine with a game being its own thing. They don't feel a need to re-hash most of the smaller franchises.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yeah they're at least using the Forerunners and Blue Team and are actually paying attention to the books instead of casting them off to one side (First Strike with Halo 2 for example. How am I meant to know Johnson survived without having read First Strike?)

Funnily enough Halo 5 is the only time I've really had a go at 343. Halo 4 I could pass off as "finding their own identity whilst building off of Bungie" whilst having a really good story and the MCC was a collaboration with loads of studios, I'd be surprised if it went off perfectly (I didn't even get any issues anyway so it was perfectly fine in my experience). I guess part of it is my expectation after what Halo 4 brought in story wise and the fact I loved the Forerunner saga of books by Greg Bear. I also paid extra for it so I didn't feel as if I got enough bang for my... buck initially.
Oh, so you were okay with Halo 4's story. Cool, figured you were one of those guys who declared anything 343 bad.

Yeah, Halo 5 dropped the ball hard with it's story, it just wasn't what I expected considering what the marketing team portrayed it to be. Expected some crazy conspiracy where the world hated Chief or something
This and many of the other trailers had little to do with what actually happened in Halo 5 aside from Locke hunting Chief and making sure he doesn't make a huge mistake.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm just worried that if a new Punch Out does happen they'll tack on some unnecessary gimmick to it.
It is one of their specialties after all.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, it did look a sincere question. Can't really blame anyone for that.
It's kind of a copypasta
"Splatoon is a necessary shooter. Here's why:
Name a single shooter in the past 10 years that has not tried to be Call of Duty, Halo or Borderlands."
The guy who originally said was serious though, and the expected result happened
People turned it into a meme and the rest is history
I'm just worried that if a new Punch Out does happen they'll tack on some unnecessary gimmick to it.
It is one of their specialties after all.
Like motion controls.
Oh, wait...

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, if my Magic 8 Ball is to be believed, we can rely on a new Punch-Out being announced this year.

I have no reason to doubt this thing, so I'll take its word.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, on this video these guys are making fun of this person for expecting to live off $26,000 in a year

I only make $20,000 max a year

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's kind of a copypasta
"Splatoon is a necessary shooter. Here's why:
Name a single shooter in the past 10 years that has not tried to be Call of Duty, Halo or Borderlands."
The guy who originally said was serious though, and the expected result happened
People turned it into a meme and the rest is history

Like motion controls.
Oh, wait...
To be perfectly fair, if there's one thing motion controls actually make sense for, it's boxing.

Well, other than all those bowling and tennis minigames for the Wii, I guess.

It's one of the few gimmick ideas that doesn't sound super cringey on paper. Now, applying that to a tried and true series clearly isn't going to be the absolute best idea, but. . .

Wait, I thought it had a standard control scheme, too?

*checks Wikipedia, because I'm too lazy to look for more accurate information outlets*

It did, it's just that it's using the gosh awful sideways nunchuck thingy. It says it's on the Wii U Eshop, so that version would probably let you use a better remote for it, right? . . .Hopefully?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Oh, so you were okay with Halo 4's story. Cool, figured you were one of those guys who declared anything 343 bad.

Yeah, Halo 5 dropped the ball hard with it's story, it just wasn't what I expected considering what the marketing team portrayed it to be. Expected some crazy conspiracy where the world hated Chief or something
This and many of the other trailers had little to do with what actually happened in Halo 5 aside from Locke hunting Chief and making sure he doesn't make a huge mistake.
Yeah I get fed up with those "Bungie > 343!" people. Sure they preferred Bungie's games but they don't need to spout it everywhere and act completely ignorant. Most of Halo 4's hated stuff (the Armour Abilities and loadouts) was brought in by Bungie in Reach. I can't really blame a developer for wanting to expand and somewhat improve on previous ideas when there was little complaint about them initially.

Locke hunting Chief should have gone on a bit longer than it did really and an ODST like approach where you find a key item linking back to something Chief did would've been cool and then we get the Chief stuff were the actual story revelations (the Villain reveal who should have been Mendicant Bias or Composed Ur-Didact or something that isn't what Halo 5 gave us) come through until the last few missions with the whole climax.
TL;DR
Basically ODST 2 in terms of story structure and a different villain would fix my main issues.

Had to look this one up as I'm unfamiliar.
Wait, isn't he from the Tom Clancy series, wouldn't that mean he's technically a licensed character?
Ubisoft get a bunch of stuff to do with Tom Clancy. Splinter Cell was just endorsed by him though he went on to write a novel or so to do with the series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be perfectly fair, if there's one thing motion controls actually make sense for, it's boxing.

Well, other than all those bowling and tennis minigames for the Wii, I guess.

It's one of the few gimmick ideas that doesn't sound super cringey on paper. Now, applying that to a tried and true series clearly isn't going to be the absolute best idea, but. . .

Wait, I thought it had a standard control scheme, too?

*checks Wikipedia, because I'm too lazy to look for more accurate information outlets*

It did, it's just that it's using the gosh awful sideways nunchuck thingy. It says it's on the Wii U Eshop, so that version would probably let you use a better remote for it, right? . . .Hopefully?
I was just poking fun at how Nintendo tried tobtackle motion controls on almost every series during the Wii
Boxing does work as Wii Sports and Punch Out themselves proved
Man, Wii Sports really promised on that department, too bad most games didn't follow the trend of well done motion controls

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, if my Magic 8 Ball is to be believed, we can rely on a new Punch-Out being announced this year.

I have no reason to doubt this thing, so I'll take its word.
Well great, now you made me go and pull out mine.

"Will we get a new Metroid as a launch title for the NX?"

*shake shake shake*

Don't count on it

. . .Welp.

"Will we get a new Donkey Kong as a launch title for the NX?"

*shake shake shake*

Without a doubt

. . .HUH.

"Is Mother 3 ever coming to America?"

*shake shake*

Without a doubt

WOO!

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
I almost forgot, I'd really like to see James Bond in Smash someday.

Maybe his alternates could switch between different Bonds!

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
I'm not really into anime actually, I feel they're too awkward...

Although I am a fan of SAO when it doesn't shove fan service at me.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I almost forgot, I'd really like to see James Bond in Smash someday.

Maybe his alternates could switch between different Bonds!
That's a licensing nightmare although seeing Sean Connery beat up Mario would be worth it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm not really into anime actually, I feel they're too awkward...

Although I am a fan of SAO when it doesn't shove fan service at me.
This is where I open the Court Record to point out a contradiction... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom