• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The Adventure Mode in Diddy Kong Racing is one of the reasons as to why that game is one of my favorites on the N64.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Sonic R is probably my guilty pleasure game. I know it's bad, but I can't help but enjoy it.
Unless Sonic can turn into a ball and drift.

I mean, look at Opa-Opa. He just FLIES through the whole race(Tails could have probably done it too), and he...um...somehow drifts. I know he's actually a spacecraft, but...
This article by Sega better explains it.
http://blogs.sega.com/2009/11/12/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-dev-diary-concept/
On the topic of underrated kart racers:

This game is the definition of underrated.

Like seriously, it had every right to be a huge hit but nobody was interested, partly because the creation aspect was so deep and complex.

I bloody loved it though. Played it 10 hours straight when I first got it, and completed the Story Mode 100%. And then the next day started doing the community levels.
I was interested in this one, but I never got it. I know it was made by the ModNation Racers studio, which I personally wasn't a fan of.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They do, and they should also get Amy out of that car while they're at it.

Why was Amy driving a car in the first place, it literally made no sense.
Is Amy a fast runner?
On the topic of underrated kart racers:

This game is the definition of underrated.

Like seriously, it had every right to be a huge hit but nobody was interested, partly because the creation aspect was so deep and complex.

I bloody loved it though. Played it 10 hours straight when I first got it, and completed the Story Mode 100%. And then the next day started doing the community levels.
I might have been interested. If I owned a Playstation system

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sonic R would have been better if it had more stages and the controls weren't so... iffy.

I definitely think they should revisit the idea.
... and while we're at it, how about another Sonic fighting game.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Sonic R would have been better if it had more stages and the controls weren't so... iffy.

Oh yeah, I'd love a Sonic fighting game. Maybe with a roster of 20-32 characters.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Yes! I would love to see a revival of Sonic the Fighters, another game I have a massive soft spot for.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Sonic the Fighters 2? Maybe add some characters like Vector, Omega, Silver, Shadow, Jet, and Emerl and I'd buy it.

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
Why not a SEGA fighting game, we've already got so many Sonic fighting games, so why not something new?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Why not a SEGA fighting game, we've already got so many Sonic fighting games, so why not something new?
Uhm.
Outside of Smash.
There's been one, ARGUABLY two Sonic fighting games.
One being an arcade game from the early-mid 90s which used 2 characters exclusive to the archie comics to pad it.
The other being Sonic Rivals 2 which everyone played the same except for specials and only had 8 characters.

Edit: I actually forgot about Sonic Battle. That game was part of my childhood. Jesus.
OKAY, TWO REAL AND ONE "KINDA"

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic R is probably my guilty pleasure game. I know it's bad, but I can't help but enjoy it.

This article by Sega better explains it.
http://blogs.sega.com/2009/11/12/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-dev-diary-concept/

I was interested in this one, but I never got it. I know it was made by the ModNation Racers studio, which I personally wasn't a fan of.
I wasn't much of a fan of Modnation Racers either, but LBP Karting is an entirely different beast.

Modnation was just simply meant a as sort of "track editor", not so much a creation tool. You drew tracks and placed some pre-made objects and decorations on them, but that was it. For all intents and purposes, I consider it a demo of LBP Karting.

To call LBP Karting a "track editor" would be a huge understatement. It's basically a 3D game creator, and there are mini-games in the Story Mode to show this off and everything. As far as the community goes, I recall playing a fully functional remake of the original Slender Man game in LBP Karting. That's how robust the tools are.

But even if you just want it for the kart racing aspect, there is still a lot to enjoy. You can make custom power-ups and everything. I remember one that I made, was literally a gigantic, flaming, spinning sand castle that you shot out of a teeny tiny gun. The community also had a tendency to make adventure levels that were similar to the overworlds of Diddy Kong Racing and Crash Team Racing, where you drove around an open environment looking for secrets and challenges. It was great.

I recommend at least renting it or something if you are even remotely interested. It's truly fantastic, and the only similarity it has to Modnation is that the basic track painting and auto decorate tools and what not, are within LBP Karting, but you don't even have to use them.

Uhm.
Outside of Smash.
One being an arcade game from the early-mid 90s which used 2 characters exclusive to the archie comics to pad it.
The other being Sonic Rivals 2 which everyone played the same except for specials and only had 8 characters.
I find it incredibly ironic that you mentioned Sonic Rivals 2 as the "second Sonic fighting game", and not this:

Last edited:

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
Uhm.
Outside of Smash.

Edit: I actually forgot about Sonic Battle. That game was part of my childhood. Jesus.
OKAY, TWO REAL AND ONE "KINDA"
You're forgetting that Sonic and the Black Knight had a fighting game bundled with it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
We're talking about Racing games?

Well, I like the Mario Kart series(like most of us). But I also liked Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. Transformed was also alright.

The sad thing is...it's pretty pointless to have Sonic drive. He can already go as fast as his own car.
I never understood the whole, "Sonic driving is pointless". Just because he can run fast doesn't mean he won't enjoy driving a car.

D

Deleted member

I never understood the whole, "Sonic driving is pointless". Just because he can run fast doesn't mean he won't enjoy driving a car.
This was something I never got either.

He can run fast, yes.
But in a vehicle-based race, he wouldn't be ALLOWED to run.

Nor would he be capable of doing things that a vehicle is required for.

Burruni

Smash Hero

He can run fast, yes.

He can run on ground and see.
Go super to fly.
What's left, holding items?
The Sonicverse is one fulled with many hammerspaces.

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
That isn't... a fighting game.
It's a minigame.
It's like saying every Mario Party game is a fighting game.
For a "minigame" it's certainly fleshed out to the point where it could be released as a standalone title.
Though not at a full price 10$ would be okay.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

He can run fast, yes.

IDK He's done it before

D

Deleted member

He can run on ground and see.
Go super to fly.
What's left, holding items?
The Sonicverse is one fulled with many hammerspaces.
Name me one vehicle based racer that features a character running without a vehicle.

If you can't even do that, don't try making an argument for Sonic running instead of being in a vehicle other than "HE GOTTA GO FAST".

D

Deleted member

Transformed more than justifies Sonic beign in a car.

I mean, Sonic can run fast, but can't fly or swim.

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
Name me one vehicle based racer that features a character running without a vehicle.

If you can't even do that, don't try making an argument for Sonic running instead of being in a vehicle other than "HE GOTTA GO FAST".
What about Opa Opa? He doesn't need a car.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know, there's at least one character I think could be the next WFT character of the series and is a character I would think could be a great addition.

Yes, I'm going there.
I just personally think the character has a lot of personality and charm to it lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom