• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
My Updated Roster
Veterans:
:4mario::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4samus::4zss::4kirby::4dedede::4fox::4falco::wolf::4pikachu::4charizard::4ness::4lucas::4falcon::popo::4marth::4myfriends::4corrin::4pit::4olimar::4villager::4wiifit::4littlemac::4shulk::4mii:

Newcomers:
Dixie Kong
Gen 7 Pokemon
Samurai Goroh
Issac
Takamaru
Inkling
Ray

Secret Veterans
:4luigi::4metaknight::4palutena::4lucario::4pacman::4megaman::snake::4rob::4cloud::4ganondorf::4mewtwo::rosalina::4gaw::4sonic::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4tlink::4jigglypuff:

Secret Newcomer
King K. Rool
Impa
Azura
Professor Layton
Ridley
Sukapon
Rayman

Cuts:
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4robinm::4greninja::4feroy::4ryu::4bayonetta:

Note: this is based off of KHJEDIMASTER's not mine so credits for him
@Nintenzilla
@MahBoi2016
@Venus of the Desert Bloom
@Megadoomer
@CrusherMania1592
@SaturnGamer64
@Luigi The President
@TheDarkKnightNoivern
I'm sorry, but your cuts are terrible. Why would they ever cut Fire Emblem down from 6 to 3? This random hate for Fire Emblem being well represented in Smash is ridiculous, especially when you're talking about cutting Robin, who is easily the most interesting of all 6. Why cut Greninja and keep every other Pokemon? And why cut Ryu and Bayonetta when in this fantasy Nintendo is obviously still on good enough terms with Capcom and Sega to keep Megaman and Sonic?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I swear to god PXZ wants me to die of laughter from the references made.
upload_2016-4-25_17-18-53.png
I can't remember the last time I've enjoyed a game's writing this much beyond Kid Icarus Uprising.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is so insane.

Is this actually legit..... The Hitler think makes me think no.... But I wouldn't be surprised.
John Cena Elementary though, in which Cena teaches WWE moves to kids would be a really funny image lol.
Schoolie McSchoolface.......good stuffs.
Ooh I see your a senator now! Congrats! But what is a Senator?

And Schoolie Mcschoolface was pretty funny.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of which, Boaty McBoatface was officially declared the winner of that "name this billion dollar scientific research vessel" contest the other day. I really hope they go with it and be good sports.

It's what that school name was playing off of.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But what is a Senator?
Someone filled with nanomachines
I swear to god PXZ wants me to die of laughter from the references made.
I can't remember the last time I've enjoyed a game's writing this much beyond Kid Icarus Uprising.
****. I forgot I needed this. In the next 2 months alone, I've got 5 games I want. Hopefully I can sell Advance Wars and other stuff. Maybe KHDDD, haven't touched it yet so eh

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I can't tell if this is photoshopped or not...
It's legit.

Call of Duty soldier, there I said it, come at me people, I can take it.
>Checks age

Huh, actually older than I thought. The only issue I take with Call of Duty soldier is well "Call of Duty Soldier". There's no name, just a generic soldier. Like, it could literally be a CS:GO soldier and no one would no the difference. I guess you can choose Mason or Ghost, but they only represent one game/series in the franchise and even then they're not really all that special.

When it comes to wanting FPS characters in Smash, I usually root for Halo because "Master Chief" is an identity. Perhaps it's a generic one, but you see that green suit of armor and you know two things 1) Halo 2) Master Chief. You don't really get that with CoD.

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
It may sound strange at first, but COD is a big deal in the world of FPS these days, it and Halo are both pretty big deals. The only problem is how to make them unique, which wouldn't be easy.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It may sound strange at first, but COD is a big deal in the world of FPS these days, it and Halo are both pretty big deals. The only problem is how to make them unique, which wouldn't be easy.
Team Ninja made Nicole work in DOA4 but that's just hand to hand combat.
Iron Galaxy made Arbiter work really well in Killer Instinct whilst retaining certain aspects (Energy Shields, Carbine ammo and Plasma grenades).
Chief would be really easy to make work in Smash, especially with what Halo 5 added. It's a matter of balancing him.

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
Iron Galaxy made Arbiter work really well in Killer Instinct whilst retaining certain aspects (Energy Shields, Carbine ammo and Plasma grenades).
Chief would be really easy to make work in Smash, especially with what Halo 5 added. It's a matter of balancing him.
Call of Duty soldier < Chief

Yeah Chief sounds much better. (And less generic too)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I feel Chief would play similar to Snake tbh, not that it's a bad thing

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd be fine with Chief in Smash. This last year wore me down.

Also the rage would be magnificent. xD

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well seeing as how they gave Bayonetta guns why not give Chief guns? That could work.
I meant playstyle, not moveset. I'm not too big on Halo, and I'd admittedly be salty if we got Master Chief, but if that energy sword thing gets lots of attention I'm game
Also, we need more heavies in competitive
There was a problem fetching the tweet

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
I meant playstyle, not moveset. I'm not too big on Halo, and I'd admittedly be salty if we got Master Chief, but if that energy sword thing gets lots of attention I'm game
There was a problem fetching the tweet
How about Eric Cartman, he'd be perfect as a heavyweight!
Or King K. Rool that also works too.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I feel Chief would play similar to Snake tbh, not that it's a bad thing
Chief would actually be able to use his Assault Rifle.
Ground Pound is a thing (D-Air)
Thrusters are a thing (Recovery/Dodge)
Energy Shields to absorb some damage
Equipment like the Bubble Shield and Active Camo.

Energy Sword is Arbiter's territory, Chief should stick with the Assault Rifle and either the SPNKr or Spaser.
Also something something "muh swordfighters" in spite of other stuff.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What would Cheif's Final Smash be Drunkle Qrow?
MAC Blast from the Infinity (inspiration being down to the Halo Wars ability for Captain Cutter and the cutscene in Halo 4 where Chief calls for the Infinity to blast a hole in Mantle's Approach).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Chief would actually be able to use his Assault Rifle.
Ground Pound is a thing (D-Air)
Thrusters are a thing (Recovery/Dodge)
Energy Shields to absorb some damage
Equipment like the Bubble Shield and Active Camo.

Energy Sword is Arbiter's territory, Chief should stick with the Assault Rifle and either the SPNKr or Spaser.
Also something something "muh swordfighters" in spite of other stuff.
Awww. At least it'll be the best middle finger you could probably give those overzealous Banjo fanatics from the Ballot days

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
Awww. At least it'll be the best middle finger you could probably give those overzealous Banjo fanatics from the Ballot days
I'd like to see Banjo, he's pretty cool and he was an N64 mascot too.

Although I don't get it, seeing as how Rare developed games for Nintendo then that'd make Banjo a first party Nintendo character, so if that were the case then... How does Microsoft own them and not Nintendo?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Like don't get me wrong, I don't really have anything against any character being in Smash. If they can make "Call of Duty Soldier" work, great. My issue is again, "Call of Duty Soldier". Everyone I know who's asked for a CoD rep has only ever used that name for a potential character which signals a red flag for me. You want a Halo rep, you got Master Chief, you want an Overwatch rep, you got Tracer. Hell you can even have a Battlefield rep if you stick to Bad Company, just pull a Bowser Jr.

Call of Duty just doesn't have that going for them. This is especially true when you realize that CoD has done WWII, Vietnam, Modern Warfare, Near Future, and A-Bit-Further-But-Still-Near-Future. You really can't unite something like that under one character.

And before anyone says, "weren't you shutting down Genos and K.Rools in the speculation thread?" That's only because I dislike it when someone has the audacity to proclaim that the character they want is so much more special and deserving than everyone else. Like, no, please.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
MAC Blast from the Infinity (inspiration being down to the Halo Wars ability for Captain Cutter and the cutscene in Halo 4 where Chief calls for the Infinity to blast a hole in Mantle's Approach).
>Implying the Final Smash wouldn't be the CE Pistol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone watched House?

This one guy uses clips from it in his videos, and it seems like it's pretty funny

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The only FPS rep I'd actually want is Doomguy. Chief would be kinda cool but I wouldn't really support him.

I'd like to see Banjo, he's pretty cool and he was an N64 mascot too.

Although I don't get it, seeing as how Rare developed games for Nintendo then that'd make Banjo a first party Nintendo character, so if that were the case then... How does Microsoft own them and not Nintendo?
Rare was second party. Nintendo never actually owned Banjo.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Nah I just want Chief because he's the Chief and Halo is one of my few reasons for getting an Xbox.
Unless Brian Reed decides to **** up the story even more in Halo 6 and they pull a "We'll release content that should have been in at launch *coughForgecoughInfectioncough* for free gradually after launch" again.

esdssserdt

Smash Cadet
Although really speaking, all I want is Rayman, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Crash, there are some other characters that seem interesting but these are the ones I'm truly interested in.

If we got another Ubisoft character though besides Rayman who would it be though, Ezio? Aidan? Rabbids?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Nah I just want Chief because he's the Chief and Halo is one of my few reasons for getting an Xbox.
Unless Brian Reed decides to **** up the story even more in Halo 6 and they pull a "We'll release content that should have been in at launch *coughForgecoughInfectioncough* for free gradually after launch" again.
Eh, cut 343 some slack, the gameplay of Halo 5 is ****ing amazing and what you can do with Forge is again amazing. It'd be cooler if everything was there at launch and possibly with split screen, but I'm satisfied.

Also, although they're sorta messing up with the story, they're at least doing more with it than Bungie did.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Although really speaking, all I want is Rayman, Bandana Waddle Dee, and Crash, there are some other characters that seem interesting but these are the ones I'm truly interested in.

If we got another Ubisoft character though besides Rayman who would it be though, Ezio? Aidan? Rabbids?
Ezio is Ubisoft's next biggest character outside of Rayman related stuff.
You could make an argument for Sam Fisher too but I'd want him to join alongside Snake returning.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

There aren't really any ubisoft characters that are qualified other than Rayman.
Ezio maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom