• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I beat Chapter 5, only thanks to Robin's insane Def growths
He took no damage from Myrmidions and after some level ups, he was invincible against everything in the map except the boss(who could only deal 1 damage to him) and the mages
Unfortunately, tge same can't be said about other units
Maribelle died before I even got to protect her, Ricken was saved by Sumia but died later, Lon'qu was RNG screwed and hit by a 40% axe hit and Sumia couldn't escape from the last group of Wyverns
Only Kellam and Lissa survived due to being pair-up bots
Frederick is Frederick and got a bunch of lucky dodges against the boss

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man, it looks like I've been missing out on a Fire Emblem shipping debate. Oh well.

Speaking of shipping, I just watched the latest two episodes of the Pokemon XY&Z anime, and they were both HILARIOUS. I had a lot of good laughs with Bonnie's reactions in the first one, and then the Amourshipping moments in the following one.

I know pictures of this scene have been posted before, but in case no one posted the video yet, y'all should check out the best scene in the entire episode in its true glory.

For those wondering how Ash got sick in the first place, he was standing in the river while training with his Greninja and Pikachu the night before.

Next episode is going to be the Ash vs Alain rematch, and it's confirmed that Alain now has a Metang on his team. I'm glad that Alain won't be another Tobias should he knock out Ash in the Pokemon League. Something tells me that Alain got that Metang from Steven though, who I also want to see meet Ash again before X&Y ends.

And to finish things off, here's a picture of the best Serena smile we've gotten thus far.

Twas a fun night indeed.
The next episode looks good. I think Allan is going to have full team. But
Apparently the next few episodes kick off the Ash and Greninja trust loss act. The set up appears to be that ash loses to Allan, he then obviously loses to dianthia, then loses to Sawyer and lastly he is confirmed to lose to Wulfric. Due to all of these, greninja loses faith in Ash as shown in the opening. Also Allan doesn’t give Ash a mega bracelet, it’s a pulse measuring device apparently. Meaning something happens to Ash’s pulse when Ash Greninja happens. And he will meet Allan more often, they end up enemies briefly as he is shown in the opening to oppose them as a member of team flare.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The next episode looks good. I think Allan is going to have full team. But
Apparently the next few episodes kick off the Ash and Greninja trust loss act. The set up appears to be that ash loses to Allan, he then obviously loses to dianthia, then loses to Sawyer and lastly he is confirmed to lose to Wulfric. Due to all of these, greninja loses faith in Ash as shown in the opening. Also Allan doesn’t give Ash a mega bracelet, it’s a pulse measuring device apparently. Meaning something happens to Ash’s pulse when Ash Greninja happens. And he will meet Allan more often, they end up enemies briefly as he is shown in the opening to oppose them as a member of team flare.
Japan is definitely ahead with its episodes, but that's pretty much to be expected. It will be several weeks until North America reaches episode 918; July 16 to be exact, assuming that new episodes continue each Saturday without any program changes or rerun airings.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Japan is definitely ahead with its episodes, but that's pretty much to be expected. It will be several weeks until North America reaches episode 918; July 16 to be exact, assuming that new episodes continue each Saturday without any program changes or rerun airings.
Yeah, we usually end up 10-15 episodes behind. So it will be quite awhile before we get them here.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Can't believe people still care about the PKMN anime. I lost interest after the OS only casually watching the AG and DP episodes. It's pretty much pressing the reset button for every new region Ash goes to.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, we usually end up 10-15 episodes behind. So it will be quite awhile before we get them here.
Pretty much. As for the future episodes, I'm probably guessing that there are brief details for the episodes that are implying that trust issues will begin to occur between Ash and Greninja. This could mean that Greninja will leave Ash behind upon losing to Allan, Diantha, Sawyer, and Wulfric; we're talking about 4 losses in a row. I'm probably guessing that episode 924 might involve Ash trying to regain Greninja's trust, but since we're talking about episodes that have yet to be aired in Japan, this is all just speculation that I'm throwing around.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, since my twin bro isn't coming this week and my parents have things to do on Friday, my birthday celebration will be on hold until my twin bro comes in.

But at work for the past couple years I do get spoiled from the co-workers (surprisingly giving me money to celebrate).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, since my twin bro isn't coming this week and my parents have things to do on Friday, my birthday celebration will be on hold until my twin bro comes in.

But at work for the past couple years I do get spoiled from the co-workers (surprisingly giving me money to celebrate).
Wait... You have a twin brother?
Is that why you're called "Wario Bros."?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wait... You have a twin brother?
Is that why you're called "Wario Bros."?
Yup, I have a twin. He comes here as "Wolf McBlue" (though he's nowhere near as active as me).

As for the Wario "Bros." part, the answer is no. I simply enjoy Wario & Waluigi and my username reflects that.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Can't believe people still care about the PKMN anime. I lost interest after the OS only casually watching the AG and DP episodes. It's pretty much pressing the reset button for every new region Ash goes to.
Yeah, I too want Ash to win a Pokemon League after so long, and admittedly, the Best Wishes saga made me disinterested in the anime.

Then the XY series happened, and to me, it was a huge improvement not just from BW, but from even DP and AG as well. Yes, Ash is oddly still 10, but he's been way more mature in this series compared to the others. The animation is also a huge improvement, especially when you watch the battle scenes. There have also been mature moments in some of the main episodes and the Mega Evolution specials, which tie in to the anime. Then you have some characters going through some pretty good character development, notably Serena. Heck, the way they've been building up Serena throughout the series makes it look like she'll return for the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime (though there's always the good chance she could get replaced by a new girl as well).

Of course, nothing can beat the original series (XY still has several filler episodes that feel unneeded, and the Team Rocket appearances are still feel annoying at times), but for a newer Pokemon anime, I'd say it's pretty good if you give it the time of day.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Has anyone ever had one of those moments where you're looking at something for a long time, and only just realize you've been seeing the wrong thing the entire time?

After seeing it who knows how many times, I only just now realized this.

This is one of Mettaton's default screen arrangements. This entire time I thought it was a face, and I'm only just now seeing that it forms the letter M.

I'm slow.

Question: What should I actually start watching? Flash, or Daredevil?
Daredevil, IMO. Terrific series.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey everyone, just a reminder that Source Gaming is looking for a little help to raise money to cover our E3 costs. I don't expect most of you to donate, but if you have a little extra income it's appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/wyzerm4c

D

Deleted member

Gaius coming up and saving Panne
He had a 3% of doing that, I hope my luck stays like this
EDIT: Corrin got two 8% crits in a row and Frederick keeps dodging 50% attacks
Yup, I just jinxed it
Question: What should I actually start watching? Flash, or Daredevil?
Something decent at least
Jk, Daredevil

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Cave of Shadows + Hero Mode + Ganondorf's Curse in TPHD is the most infuriating thing.

It's not legitimately challenging, it just really brings out how Wolf Link was not meant for combat.

D

Deleted member

Has anyone ever had one of those moments where you're looking at something for a long time, and only just realize you've been seeing the wrong thing the entire time?
Something similar happened to me with the cover of GoldenEye 007 for N64.To me, it looked like James had a deformed mouth, but in reality, it was his arm all along.

Tough i wasn't the only one who saw it that way:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Something similar happened to me with the cover of GoldenEye 007 for N64.To me, it looked like James had a deformed mouth, but in reality, it was his arm all along.

Holy **** that's actually amazing.

D

Deleted member

"Uh, this map is actually being manageable, only the Fighter will remain and he can't kill anyone"
*finishes turn*
*3 Wyvern Riders spawn roght next to my units*
"Well, ****"
*they all move in and kill Gaius and Lissa*
"WHAT!?
WJATWJSTAHVSDH???"
Seriously, **** Lunatic

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This guy just has to infect everything with his misinformation these days. Prime example of an idiot with too much power.

And before anyone says "WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO, HE CHANGES HIS ARGUMENT HALFWAY THROUGH AND THEN GIVES AN ECONOMICS LESSON", yes, I watched the whole thing. It's still a pointless video with a lot of misinformation. Even the economics lesson is half-baked and doesn't account for a lot of details.

And it seriously bothers me that he used that ONE picture of the one German store to say "HEY EUROPE HAS ALWAYS HAD IT GREAT". Of course he would do that. Literally every half-wit who decides to pretend they know anything about how the amiibo situation in Europe was, brings up that stupid picture and pretends all of Europe was like that. Even though it couldn't be further from the truth.

And in general, this video just comes off as pointless because the amiibo shortages are pretty much done. The majority of figures are at least decently stocked now in most areas of the world.

I just had to go on that little rant. I normally avoid Game Theory, but I had to watch this one to see what kind of crap he would spew and of course he would say some of the same stuff that kids say on reddit and stuff.

And god, that "I APPRECIATE THE RETENTION TIME" comment came off as so obnoxious, like seriously.

D

Deleted member

Quick question to anyone who has watched or read it: is "The Seven Deadly Sins" any good?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Quick question to anyone who has watched or read it: is "The Seven Deadly Sins" any good?
You talking about the manga/anime series? (Please say yes.)

If you are, then I recommend it if you like fantasy settings. Very inspired by the Arthurian myths, though it manages to be its very own thing. Art style is great, though the story is (overall) standard shounen action fare. The characters are likable, though.

As for the anime adaptation, it's a bit botched in the sense they omitted some stuff from the manga that causes some minor plot holes in later arcs, but the general gist of the story remains the same, so I don't make such a big fuss as some people did. Also, the anime's soundtrack is by Hiroyuki Sawano, so it's worth for the music (at least for me).

Any further questions? :p

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Why can't I stop laughing at the second image. :laugh:

:231:

D

Deleted member

You talking about the manga/anime series? (Please say yes.)

If you are, then I recommend it if you like fantasy settings. Very inspired by the Arthurian myths, though it manages to be its very own thing. Art style is great, though the story is (overall) standard shounen action fare. The characters are likable, though.

As for the anime adaptation, it's a bit botched in the sense they omitted some stuff from the manga that causes some minor plot holes in later arcs, but the general gist of the story remains the same, so I don't make such a big fuss as some people did. Also, the anime's soundtrack is by Hiroyuki Sawano, so it's worth for the music (at least for me).

Any further questions? :p
What else would it be?
I'll be buying the manga then :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I haven't watch any Game Theory because I hear nothing but criticism from those who watched those videos and:

Facts > Rumors >> Theories

D

Deleted member

I haven't watch any Game Theory because I hear nothing but criticism from those who watched those videos and:

What do theories even have to do with rumours anyways?
It just seems like hating on GT is the "cool" thing to do

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What do theories even have to do with rumours anyways?
It just seems like hating on GT is the "cool" thing to do
I've seen people using Game Theory as a source in arguments.

Facts have an official source
Rumors have a questionable or unknown source
Theories have no source

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This guy just has to infect everything with his misinformation these days. Prime example of an idiot with too much power.

And before anyone says "WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO, HE CHANGES HIS ARGUMENT HALFWAY THROUGH AND THEN GIVES AN ECONOMICS LESSON", yes, I watched the whole thing. It's still a pointless video with a lot of misinformation. Even the economics lesson is half-baked and doesn't account for a lot of details.

And it seriously bothers me that he used that ONE picture of the one German store to say "HEY EUROPE HAS ALWAYS HAD IT GREAT". Of course he would do that. Literally every half-wit who decides to pretend they know anything about how the amiibo situation in Europe was, brings up that stupid picture and pretends all of Europe was like that. Even though it couldn't be further from the truth.

And in general, this video just comes off as pointless because the amiibo shortages are pretty much done. The majority of figures are at least decently stocked now in most areas of the world.

I just had to go on that little rant. I normally avoid Game Theory, but I had to watch this one to see what kind of crap he would spew and of course he would say some of the same stuff that kids say on reddit and stuff.

And god, that "I APPRECIATE THE RETENTION TIME" comment came off as so obnoxious, like seriously.
Yeah, because amiibo stock totally hasn't significantly improved everywhere and been in a safe stock for months at this point.

*Glances over at the 25 Ryu, 14 ROBs, 10 Mega Yarn Yoshi's and various amiibo from waves prior we have in stock at my store*

God it's like MatPats internal clock is 6 months behind everyone these days.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The problem with Game Theory isn't that the theories are terrible a lot of the time. If it was just that, it would be a harmless channel. There are plenty of crappy fan theories that go ignored, or people just view them as fun "what if" scenarios.

The problem is how it managed to get so popular and influential (it used to actually be pretty good), to the point people take it as gospel. Like I said earlier, he's an idiot with too much power.

And honestly, the quality of his theories lately has just been THAT abysmal honestly. Like it's not even entertaining to think about anymore because most of his theories can be proven false with simple, baseline knowledge of a game series. For example:

"Link is dead in Majora's Mask and is going through purgatory" - the Hero of Time (the Link from OoT and MM) literally shows up in Twilight Princess as an adult-proportioned spirit with grand armour (referred to as "The Hero's Shade"), with wisdom befitting of an adult, to teach you the hidden sword skills, and even refers to the Hero of Twilight as his "child". Twilight Princess takes place after Majora's Mask. It's very clearly outlined here that the Hero of Time DID live to adulthood, so this theory is dead on arrival. And Hyrule Historia also flat out confirmed that the Hero's Shade is the Hero of Time, and that the Hero of Twilight is his descendant by blood. How he didn't think to look this up baffles me.

"Rosalina is Luigi and Peach's time travelling daughter, her dead parents from the storybook are Luigi and Peach" - I've written a short essay on the plethora of things wrong with this theory, but the only thing you need to know is that it largely relies on the idea that Rosalina's original home was the Mushroom Kingdom. However, Rosalina flat out says her original home was the Gateway Planet, in a cutscene during Super Mario Galaxy (it's within the Red Star Mission). She wasn't anywhere near the Mushroom Kingdom as a child.

"Mario is actually faster than Sonic" - this theory largely relied on using Sonic's official height of 110cm, and applying it to his sprites in Sonic 1, getting a "pixel height" based on that, and trying to determine his speed based on that. He then did the same for Mario's SMB1 Small Mario sprite, and concluded that Sonic is actually moving slower than Mario and his larger size in relation to the camera makes him look like he is moving faster. The problem here is that:

The 110cm measurement for Sonic's size is something that originated with the Sonic Adventure Era, using the Modern Sonic design. Sonic Generations however, clearly shows that Classic Sonic (i.e Sonic from Sonic 1 - Generations opens with Classic Sonic beginning Green Hill Zone and being pulled from out of his own time) is shorter than Modern Sonic. So the fact MatPat applied Modern Sonic's height to Classic Sonic, means his entire calculation falls apart. And yes, Sonic Generations predates his video, by more than a year.

As for what Classic Sonic's actual height is, it's 76.54cm. This is based on the fact that in the Japanese manual for Sonic CD, it's shown that Metal Sonic is 765.4mm (equal to 76.54cm). Since Classic Sonic is the same height as Classic Metal Sonic, this can be applied to Classic Sonic too.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's exactly what the Illuminati wants us to think.
Triangles can be long sided. A keyblade can fit in there. That can only mean! *fabulous pose with a loud BAM! sound effect* YOU secretly became a mod, but used your illuminati powers to hide the red username in an attempt to blame Opossum! The evidence is that Opossum loves Disney Infinity, EVERY hardcore Disney fan like that can do no wrong!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, because amiibo stock totally hasn't significantly improved everywhere and been in a safe stock for months at this point.

*Glances over at the 25 Ryu, 14 ROBs, 10 Mega Yarn Yoshi's and various amiibo from waves prior we have in stock at my store*

God it's like MatPats internal clock is 6 months behind everyone these days.
My stores don't have those...we have Mario, peach, yarn yoshi, 8-bit Mario, and mewtwo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom