• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So having a millennium old dragon who looks like a kid is bad, but having an actual kid shipped with an adult isn't? Isn't Jaffar in his mid twenties or something with Nino being 14 or so?
It wasn't really strange back in the middle ages.

:231:

D

Deleted member

I just needed to add that clause because for either Birthright or Revelations, this isn't an issue. Because of Mozume adding one more bride that tips things a bit.

Azura x Corrin, after doing it in Revelations when it first came out (because Anna canon couldn't be yet).
It... makes sense for how they wanted to conclude it. But that's practically the only time.
And it's also shipping inbreeding to some level because of them both being blood hiers to Arkanos.
No, the problem of marrying M!Corrin to Gen 1 female is present on all routes
Mozu appears in all of them, so BR and R don't have an extra bride
Honestly.
After my first runs of all 3 storylines for Fates.
And... I'm about 50/50 on what I feel are "the" pairings, so to speak.

Ryoma x Rinka
Takumi x Oboro
Xander x Charlotte
Leo x Sakura
Camilla x Laslow
Niles x Effie
Serena x Subaki
Hayato x Nyx
Mozu x Keaton
Odin x Elise
Peri x Benny
Kaze x Azura
Honestly, I have to agree with LeoXSakura in Revelations
Because it gives Magic stats for Forrest and red hair
But if you dare pair Beruka to anyone that isn't Benny, you're just wrong
AND SELENAXODIN IS CANON DAMNIT
I personally don't think it's that weird. With Fire Emblem, one of the main draws is trying to get you to care about the characters. They're not supposed to just be pixels to the player, they're supposed to be a collective group of different people forming your army that you grow to care about and value enough to keep them alive to the end. That aspect is something that has been with the series since the beginning, and it's one of the reasons why the death mechanic is such an important part of the series (the other because it adds to the challenge). So having those characters advance relationships to the point where they either stay together as friends, lovers or a family is something that adds to their story, and through them, adds to the world you're playing through and gets you to care about them even more. It helps make everything feel more alive when each minor story can have a conclusion for itself even when the big plot is done, and in turn, makes you value them more as a unit and try to keep them alive.

That's not to say that it's for everyone, some are just here for the strategy and that's fine as Fire Emblem is great at that, but that doesn't mean that the characters can't be a draw either. Fire Emblem does try to aim for pleasing both crowds, and that's part of what gives it its charm and makes it a memorable series.

Nah, the bench cheats on him with Peri.
You're wasting a really good unit then, she gets 4 Str/Mag/Skl/Spd after killing an enemy unit, combine this with either Azura's Sing or Galeforce(if you have it) or even both and you got a killing machine in your hands
Even on my Hard mode run where she got RNG screwed, Paladin!Peri makes for a great Pair-up bot for Odin
Honestly a lot of people would like to forget about the new Paper Mario.
OMG
Is that an EO avi!?
I have found my people
So having a millennium old dragon who looks like a kid is bad, but having an actual kid shipped with an adult isn't? Isn't Jaffar in his mid twenties or something with Nino being 14 or so?
But Nino and Jaffar have actual reasons to fall on love before joining you though
Besides, 14-20 relationships were considered okay
I had to read a book with that once, the book was terrible but still
And no matter who you marry Nowi too, she's the lolicon :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can't believe we're still talking about FE ships. :V

Don't know anything there. As far as shipping in general goes, it's not something I'm generally into, but there are a few I support. Most of them are canon or canonically shipteased.

Stuff like, say, NatexElaina, or the SonicxBlaze shipteasing in the Sonic Rush games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I kind of view it like pokemon where I'm selecting two species to give me the best attributes and egg moves

Doesn't matter if Wailord and skitty make a bad couple
What I don't get is why people are comparing Clefable to Gengar. They're not even related at all, not just because of their stat spreads (with Gengar being far more superior on offense), but also because they're in different egg groups; they can't breed with each other after all.

As for one dilemma that's quite amusing, Zangoose and Seviper are eternal enemies, and yet they're both capable of breeding with each other. Also, as shown in one anime episode (775: Saving Braviary!), it seems that they can also work together without any kind of feuding when trained properly.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What I don't get is why people are comparing Clefable to Gengar. They're not even related at all, not just because of their stat spreads (with Gengar being far more superior on offense), but also because they're in different egg groups; they can't breed with each other after all.

As for one dilemma that's quite amusing, Zangoose and Seviper are eternal enemies, and yet they're both capable of breeding with each other. Also, as shown in one anime episode (775: Saving Braviary!), it seems that they can also work together without any kind of feuding when trained properly.
It's because they have similar shapes and Gengar is said to be a shadow of what it was like before death iirc. The theory is that when Clefable dies, it possibily becomes Gengar. It's also why Gastly and Cloyster got compared a few times and Haunter possibly being a Voltorb when it possessed a Pokeball but got stuck

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Gengar is derived from a doppelganger...'Gengar' in an anagram of the second half of the name, Gengar likes to hide in people's shadows...Gengar's silhouette resembles that of Clefable, as a result there are theories suggesting that Gengar is Clefable's shadow...

That's about it, an unconfirmed fan theory...

edit: teh epic :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I go with the flow with how my supports in Awakening are done except for one which was done in by accident but became the best support ever

Robin X Say'ri.

No seriously, actually do the support around the same time as the Valm chapters, it's actually pretty well written and heartwarming from a design standpoint and is one of Robin's best supports from C to S. Especially considering it works since Morgan canonically has black hair and Robin being a giant weeaboo fits. Besides, who doesn't want to marry a Japanese Princess who is also a Myrmidon who usually have the best written and designed female characters in FE

Also her design is great and Cho'sin is a better Not-Japan than Hoshido
image.jpeg

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Honestly.
After my first runs of all 3 storylines for Fates.
And... I'm about 50/50 on what I feel are "the" pairings, so to speak.

Ryoma x Rinka
Takumi x Oboro
Xander x Charlotte
Leo x Sakura
Camilla x Laslow
Niles x Effie
Serena x Subaki
Hayato x Nyx
Mozu x Keaton
Odin x Elise
Peri x Benny
Kaze x Azura
Huh.some of those aren't too far off of my own pairings in Revelations.
I've got half of the paralogues now,working on the other half. the last pair finished was ArthurxSetsuna. I'm not going past Chapter 18 till it happens :V

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Gengar is derived from a doppelganger...'Gengar' in an anagram of the second half of the name, Gengar likes to hide in people's shadows...Gengar's silhouette resembles that of Clefable, as a result there are theories suggesting that Gengar is Clefable's shadow...

That's about it, an unconfirmed fan theory...

edit: teh epic :4greninja:'d
Makes you wonder about Yamask and its Pokedex data. Although the data states that a Yamask is born whenever a person passes on, it's not exactly accurate if you can acquire Yamask eggs.

In a similar dilemma, while past Pokedex entries did state that Farfetch'd were very rare for being delicacies, such descriptions were removed in the later Pokemon installments. This was likely done to remove any signs of Pokemon consumption by humans; the descriptions now just mention how Farfetch'd carry stalks around, and they're quite finicky with the stalks as well.

And then we have Ursaring, where even though they're based on bears (with most of them being omnivores), they appear to be herbivores if their diet only consists of honey, berries, and fruits. But because Ursaring are bears, one does have to wonder if they're also omnivorous.

Burruni

Smash Hero
No, the problem of marrying M!Corrin to Gen 1 female is present on all routes
Mozu appears in all of them, so BR and R don't have an extra bride

Honestly, I have to agree with LeoXSakura in Revelations
Because it gives Magic stats for Forrest and red hair
But if you dare pair Beruka to anyone that isn't Benny, you're just wrong
AND SELENAXODIN IS CANON DAMNIT

You're wasting a really good unit then, she gets 4 Str/Mag/Skl/Spd after killing an enemy unit, combine this with either Azura's Sing or Galeforce(if you have it) or even both and you got a killing machine in your hands
Even on my Hard mode run where she got RNG screwed, Paladin!Peri makes for a great Pair-up bot for Odin

OMG
Is that an EO avi!?
I have found my people

But Nino and Jaffar have actual reasons to fall on love before joining you though
Besides, 14-20 relationships were considered okay
I had to read a book with that once, the book was terrible but still
And no matter who you marry Nowi too, she's the lolicon :p
...For some reason I forgot that I didn't marry Silas in birthright and by logic deduced that Mozu allowed for a bride "slot" in B & C because of a lesser amount of guys in total possibility.
That was me just being dumb.

Benny and Peri I stand by due to the grounds that he's the only one with enough experience with a crazy killing woman and the patience needed to handle Peri.

Edit:
I go with the flow with how my supports in Awakening are done except for one which was done in by accident but became the best support ever

Robin X Say'ri.

No seriously, actually do the support around the same time as the Valm chapters, it's actually pretty well written and heartwarming from a design standpoint and is one of Robin's best supports from C to S. Especially considering it works since Morgan canonically has black hair and Robin being a giant weeaboo fits. Besides, who doesn't want to marry a Japanese Princess who is also a Myrmidon who usually have the best written and designed female characters in FE

Also her design is great and Cho'sin is a better Not-Japan than Hoshido
One run I basically save-reloaded to see what the supports were for Anna, Say'ri, and Tiki all in one run of Awakening.
Say'ri's support was good, but there's something I always felt off in Awakening using a unit that couldn't support any "friends" within the army itself.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Makes you wonder about Yamask and its Pokedex data. Although the data states that a Yamask is born whenever a person passes on, it's not exactly accurate if you can acquire Yamask eggs.

In a similar dilemma, while past Pokedex entries did state that Farfetch'd were very rare for being delicacies, such descriptions were removed in the later Pokemon installments. This was likely done to remove any signs of Pokemon consumption by humans; the descriptions now just mention how Farfetch'd carry stalks around, and they're quite finicky with the stalks as well.

And then we have Ursaring, where even though they're based on bears (with most of them being omnivores), they appear to be herbivores if their diet only consists of honey, berries, and fruits. But because Ursaring are bears, one does have to wonder if they're also omnivorous.
There's various descriptions of predation in Pokemon though, Kabutops, Gorebyss, Victreebel for example...so it's not outright removed from all pokedex entries...The consumption of Pokemon isn't outright removed either as Basculin's pokedex entry suggest that it's rather tasty and it's still relatively recent...also slowpoke tails...

----

Speaking of fan theories, I just watched another interesting Zelda Theory this morning in regards to the Temple of Time through the different timelines...There was a particular theory that I thought was rather interesting...

Rauru the sage of light awakened Link after being sealed within the master sword for seven years, but was Rauru really sitting there waiting seven years or did he need to be awakened also?...He did nothing to stop Ganondorf from stealing the Triforce upon entering the Sacred Realm and it's unlike Ganondorf to spare him, or for Rauru to just let him take it...so it's possible that Rauru may have been slumbering awaiting for the Hero of Time, however the evil presence in the Temple of Time at the time prevented him from awakening, possibly placed there by ganondorf...

What if, the Hero of Twilight when entering the Sacred Grove not only went back in time to the Temple of Time but also crossed into an alternate timeline, the adult timeline, and upon defeating the various monsters including Armogohma within the Temple of Time to recover the Mirror Shard, was then able to inadvertently awakened Rauru, the Sage of Light, during the Hero of Time's seven year slumber...In other words the Hero of Twilight awakened the first sage, while the hero of Time awakened the remaining sages within the Adult timeline...

It's a bit of a stretch especially considering Link had to cross into a different timeline altogether in order for this to actually happen, but then again time travel itself is also a stretch, and it's a common occurrence in the Zelda series...But to think that the possibility that the Hero of Twilight unknowningly aided his own ancestor, which in turn helped the Hero of Time to defeat Ganondorf during the Adult Era which allowed him to be sent back to the Child Era, which in turn helped Hero of Twilight secure his own existence, is a little bit mindblowing...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

...For some reason I forgot that I didn't marry Silas in birthright and by logic deduced that Mozu allowed for a bride "slot" in B & C because of a lesser amount of guys in total possibility.

Benny and Peri I stand by due to the grounds that he's the only one with enough experience with a crazy killing woman and the patience needed to handle Peri.
Charlotte isn't crazy though, she's just a gold digger and from what I remember, she doesn't act that way with Benny
BennyXBeruka are the most relatable supports I have ever seen
Actually, any of Beruka's or Benny's supports are great
BennyXElise is especially really sweet
From the B-Rank support
Elise: No, no! It's not your fault! I wonder why everyone tells all these tall tales about you, though.

Benny: I'm not very sociable. And I'm pretty big. So I think everyone's scared of me.

Elise: Really? When I first saw you, I thought you were cute! Like a big ol' fuzzy bear!

Confession from the S-Rank support
Benny: ...I wanted to tell you what's in it in person, but I couldn't work up the courage. So I wrote a note. But then I couldn't give it to you...so I put it in a charm. But then I lost my nerve, so I didn't want you to open it once I gave it to you.
I married Peri to Silas my first time(it's a terrible one, don't do it), but in my HM run I had her with Odin and it's actually really good
And despite me doing AzuraXLaslow, I can't express how good his supports with Peri are

Burruni

Smash Hero
Charlotte isn't crazy though, she's just a gold digger and from what I remember, she doesn't act that way with Benny
BennyXBeruka are the most relatable supports I have ever seen
Actually, any of Beruka's or Benny's supports are great
BennyXElise is especially really sweet
From the B-Rank support
Elise: No, no! It's not your fault! I wonder why everyone tells all these tall tales about you, though.

Benny: I'm not very sociable. And I'm pretty big. So I think everyone's scared of me.

Elise: Really? When I first saw you, I thought you were cute! Like a big ol' fuzzy bear!

Confession from the S-Rank support
Benny: ...I wanted to tell you what's in it in person, but I couldn't work up the courage. So I wrote a note. But then I couldn't give it to you...so I put it in a charm. But then I lost my nerve, so I didn't want you to open it once I gave it to you.
I married Peri to Silas my first time(it's a terrible one, don't do it), but in my HM run I had her with Odin and it's actually really good
And despite me doing AzuraXLaslow, I can't express how good his supports with Peri are
It isn't that she acts that way with Benny (in fact it's how territorial/aggressive she tends to be with women barring the royals... even further reinforced by her unique skill).
It's that he's got the prior knowledge of being around her that makes him one of the more equipped guys to get past the initial repelling factor of Peri's bloodlust and seeing more in her childish side. Arguably her "true" self past the psychotic shell.

My C run actually had Kaze x Beruka and it was fairly sweet. Saizo x Beruka's.. interesting more than sweeet.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's various descriptions of predation in Pokemon though, Kabutops, Gorebyss, Victreebel for example...so it's not outright removed from all pokedex entries...The consumption of Pokemon isn't outright removed either as Basculin's pokedex entry suggest that it's rather tasty and it's still relatively recent...also slowpoke tails...
Let's not forget about Pawniard and Bisharp, which are quite carnivorous in the wild. But in Bisharp's case, there's also the statement in the Black version, where Bisharp will fight for leadership rights, and the losing Bisharp get exiled from their groups.

As for the case of Basculin, it is very abundant in the Unova region, unlike with Farfetch'd, who is more rare to find; Farfetch'd never existed in the wild until the Yellow version.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

----

Speaking of fan theories, I just watched another interesting Zelda Theory this morning in regards to the Temple of Time through the different timelines...There was a particular theory that I thought was rather interesting...

Rauru the sage of light awakened Link after being sealed within the master sword for seven years, but was Rauru really sitting there waiting seven years or did he need to be awakened also?...He did nothing to stop Ganondorf from stealing the Triforce upon entering the Sacred Realm and it's unlike Ganondorf to spare him, or for Rauru to just let him take it...so it's possible that Rauru may have been slumbering awaiting for the Hero of Time, however the evil presence in the Temple of Time at the time prevented him from awakening, possibly placed there by ganondorf...

What if, the Hero of Twilight when entering the Sacred Grove not only went back in time to the Temple of Time but also crossed into an alternate timeline, the adult timeline, and upon defeating the various monsters including Armogohma within the Temple of Time to recover the Mirror Shard, was then able to inadvertently awakened Rauru, the Sage of Light, during the Hero of Time's seven year slumber...In other words the Hero of Twilight awakened the first sage, while the hero of Time awakened the remaining sages within the Adult timeline...

It's a bit of a stretch especially considering Link had to cross into a different timeline altogether in order for this to actually happen, but then again time travel itself is also a stretch, and it's a common occurrence in the Zelda series...But to think that the possibility that the Hero of Twilight unknowningly aided his own ancestor, which in turn helped the Hero of Time to defeat Ganondorf during the Adult Era which allowed him to be sent back to the Child Era, which in turn helped Hero of Twilight secure his own existence, is a little bit mindblowing...
I don't know if this necessarily directly relates to your theory, but it's worth noting that in TPHD, they added a statue of Rauru holding the Master Sword to the Castle Town shop, before Malo takes it over.

It also happens to be right next to a screenshot of Zelda Wii U.

D

Deleted member

I finally beat Chapter 2 in Lunatic
Youcan really see the difference in difficulty between Awakening Lunatic and Conquest Hard
One is fair the other throws enemies that can oneshot your new units
Robin only had one bad level, the rest were good
Units lost: Miriel-started within enemy range with no chance of escape
Virion-a Fighter got in the back lines and only him was within range to attempt a kill
Vaike-had no weapon
Sully and Stahl-used as bait to save Chrom and Lissa

I miscalculated a Soldier's range and ended up leaving Lissa withing his range, thankfully, Miracle activated because Anna felt pity for me

Hopefully, the next chapters won't be as hard
I just need to get the wireless features so I can abuse bonus items and rewards

Burruni

Smash Hero
I finally beat Chapter 2 in Lunatic
Youcan really see the difference in difficulty between Awakening Lunatic and Conquest Hard
One is fair the other throws enemies that can oneshot your new units
Robin only had one bad level, the rest were good
Units lost: Miriel-started within enemy range with no chance of escape
Virion-a Fighter got in the back lines and only him was within range to attempt a kill
Vaike-had no weapon
Sully and Stahl-used as bait to save Chrom and Lissa

I miscalculated a Soldier's range and ended up leaving Lissa withing his range, thankfully, Miracle activated because Anna felt pity for me

Hopefully, the next chapters won't be as hard
I just need to get the wireless features so I can abuse bonus items and rewards
Prepare for Frederick to save you on the chapter 3 boss.
Becuase him with the hammer is basically the only way in Lunatic.

D

Deleted member

Who said Awakening doesn't have chokepoints?

Sumia and Kellam got some exp
I think the second part of the map will be harder than this and I already restarted at least 5 times
Prepare for Frederick to save you on the chapter 3 boss.
Becuase him with the hammer is basically the only way in Lunatic.
Not even some magic? Jesus christ, who balanced this game?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Who said Awakening doesn't have chokepoints?

Sumia and Kellam got some exp
I think the second part of the map will be harder than this and I already restarted at least 5 times

Not even some magic? Jesus christ, who balanced this game?
You can hit her with magic, sure.
But she has a JAVELIN.
Which means you're gonna be taking some impaling.

D

Deleted member

You can hit her with magic, sure.
But she has a JAVELIN.
Which means you're gonna be taking some impaling.
I meant if it would deal enough damage to kill her
No problem though, as Frederick weakened her with the Silver Lance so Chrom could finish off with the Rapier, gonna need that exp
Unlocked the Wireless features, got the Paralogues and legendary weapons already
Renown Rewards had mostly stat boosts, all went to Robin and Lissa
Also

Should I or shouldn't I?

Burruni

Smash Hero
I meant if it would deal enough damage to kill her
No problem though, as Frederick weakened her with the Silver Lance so Chrom could finish off with the Rapier, gonna need that exp
Unlocked the Wireless features, got the Paralogues and legendary weapons already
Renown Rewards had mostly stat boosts, all went to Robin and Lissa
Also

Should I or shouldn't I?
Don't.
Those units are never worth it because they can't get any benefits from supports and S-Rank pair ups are what make Lunatic and Lunatic+ FEASIBLE.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't know if this necessarily directly relates to your theory, but it's worth noting that in TPHD, they added a statue of Rauru holding the Master Sword to the Castle Town shop, before Malo takes it over.

It also happens to be right next to a screenshot of Zelda Wii U.
What's even more interesting about that statue of Rauru is that it wasn't in the original version either...obviously the Zelda U paintings weren't in the original as well as all the murals which features a Goron who could possibly be Darunia, the Oocca and a race of mysterious bird-people which bear an uncanny resemblance to the Rito (which shouldn't exist in this timeline)...

Quite obviously these easter eggs were placed in the game intentionally...thinking of TP Link's possible transition into the Adult timeline as well as these 'Rito' carvings, makes me even more curious now...could something like this be possible in Zelda U?

Damnit why is the game still so far away?....

D

Deleted member

Good thing I had a Glass Sword because it was only thanks to that that I beat Chapter 4 with no restarts
"Marth" wasn't even that strong, Kellam was able to finish her
Now that I have Lon'qu though...
Gonna leave Donnel's paralogue for when my units can actually survive hits

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Edit:
One run I basically save-reloaded to see what the supports were for Anna, Say'ri, and Tiki all in one run of Awakening.
Say'ri's support was good, but there's something I always felt off in Awakening using a unit that couldn't support any "friends" within the army itself.
It felt off but her support with Tiki was nice.
Anna's support with Tiki is second best of the game considering its with the at the time the two oldest characters in the series in one game.

I just like it because it gave her some development during the Valm chapters which did nothing for her aside from her brother's relationship and wanting to take down Walhart and Excellus

Ignoring the fact that Bayonetta is a SEGA character, this is cool.
People like to pretend that Bayo is halfed owned by Nintendo like how people thought with :4cloud: and Playstation.

When Sega still 60% OWNS the franchise and Platinum has control with how the IP is used most cases

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What's even more interesting about that statue of Rauru is that it wasn't in the original version either...obviously the Zelda U paintings weren't in the original as well as all the murals which features a Goron who could possibly be Darunia, the Oocca and a race of mysterious bird-people which bear an uncanny resemblance to the Rito (which shouldn't exist in this timeline)...

Quite obviously these easter eggs were placed in the game intentionally...thinking of TP Link's possible transition into the Adult timeline as well as these 'Rito' carvings, makes me even more curious now...could something like this be possible in Zelda U?

Damnit why is the game still so far away?....
Yeah, it's really hard to know where Zelda Wii U can fit into the timeline, because in the little footage we have, so many ties to other Zelda games can be spotted. We know it's deeply connected to Twilight Princess in some way, but that's the only official statement we have.

It's worth noting though, that people have analysed the GamePad map from the Game Awards footage, and have discovered that the map is strikingly similar to if you were to combine OoT's map and TP's map. I think that means it's definitely in the Child Timeline.

Aonuma also stated that the Wolf Link amiibo will have some special function in Zelda Wii U, saying that "part of the data saved to the Wolf Link amiibo will transfer into Zelda Wii U", and that "scanning the Wolf Link amiibo into Zelda Wii U might make players want to play TPHD one more time".

Very interesting stuff, because that sounds very similar in concept to the scrapped Stop n' Swop concept from Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie, and I'm curious as to how Zelda might use something like that.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yeah, it's really hard to know where Zelda Wii U can fit into the timeline, because in the little footage we have, so many ties to other Zelda games can be spotted. We know it's deeply connected to Twilight Princess in some way, but that's the only official statement we have.

It's worth noting though, that people have analysed the GamePad map from the Game Awards footage, and have discovered that the map is strikingly similar to if you were to combine OoT's map and TP's map. I think that means it's definitely in the Child Timeline.

Aonuma also stated that the Wolf Link amiibo will have some special function in Zelda Wii U, saying that "part of the data saved to the Wolf Link amiibo will transfer into Zelda Wii U", and that "scanning the Wolf Link amiibo into Zelda Wii U might make players want to play TPHD one more time".

Very interesting stuff, because that sounds very similar in concept to the scrapped Stop n' Swop concept from Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie, and I'm curious as to how Zelda might use something like that.
During some of the footage you can also spot a structure that resembles the Great Bridge of Hylia, cept more intact than how it appears in TP, that in of itself would likely place it between MM and TP, there's also theories regarding a Gerudo takeover, the Orange flags, Link's bracers...these suggest that there is a larger Gerudo presence in Hyrule at this point in Zelda U, and there are theories suggesting wars which took place between MM and TP...one of which occured immediately after Link warns Zelda of Ganondorf's plans...which resulted in Ganondorf launching an attack on Hyrule since he's been exposed...It is possible that the Gerudo fully took control of Hyrule for a time and that the execution that we see in TP takes places after Zelda U...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I can't see teasers in recent Zelda titles being exact confirmation for the future installments.

Ocarina of Time 3D has pictures of Skyward Sword Link hidden. Since Skyward Sword comes before Ocarina of Time, this one is easy.

A Link Between Worlds, however, doesn't work. You can find the Majora's Mask in the game (hinting at the release of Majora's Mask 3D). The problem is that A Link Between Worlds and Majora's Mask are in completely separate timelines with no extra details to fix this gap.

I'm not banking on Twilight Princess HD secrets just yet for Zelda Wii U.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I still don't like the "three pronged" timeline thing.

A) Because it becomes a world line theory because of the inherent contradiction of OoT not being completed to be the Downfall timeline and be beaten to cause the other two.
B) Only in two games has Ganondorf been killed.
C) Only in two games has Ganon been killed using the Silver Arrows.
D) Only in two games (treating the Oracle games as one, linked story) is Ganon attempted ressurection by his own minions.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I can't see teasers in recent Zelda titles being exact confirmation for the future installments.

Ocarina of Time 3D has pictures of Skyward Sword Link hidden. Since Skyward Sword comes before Ocarina of Time, this one is easy.

A Link Between Worlds, however, doesn't work. You can can find the Majora's Mask in the game (hinting at the release of Majora's Mask 3D). The problem is that A Link Between Worlds and Majora's Mask are in completely separate timelines with no extra details to fix this gap.

I'm not banking on Twilight Princess HD secrets just yet for Zelda Wii U.
The origins of Majora's Mask are unknown...and have most likely been created before the events of OoT which means that the Mask can still exist in the Downfall timeline...

Thing is Aonuma expicitly said there was a connection between TPHD and Zelda U, which makes the players go 'Oh, I see,' there is reason to believe that these Easter Eggs are more than just simple extras added for fun...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The difference between the TPHD stuff and the Easter Eggs in other Zelda titles/remakes, is that the Easter Eggs in other games are very tongue in cheek and obviously just random references (though I do believe Majora's Mask being in ALBW was supposed to be a teaser for Majora's Mask 3D, even though the two have no story connections).

The stuff in TPHD, is more like subtle texture changes that suddenly resemble something recognisable in Zelda lore. Not something obvious like Majora's Mask either, but a lot of people wouldn't pay mind to the Rauru statue in TPHD because he is far from the most recognisable thing in Zelda, and it's tucked away in such a specific part of the game (one you can't access forever if you are going for 100% completion).

Couple that with Aonuma's comment about how there ARE secrets hidden in TPHD pertaining to Zelda Wii U, and you can't blame people for wanting analyse and find connections. It's fun.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The origins of Majora's Mask are unknown...and have most likely been created before the events of OoT which means that the Mask can still exist in the Downfall timeline...

Thing is Aonuma expicitly said there was a connection between TPHD and Zelda U, which makes the players go 'Oh, I see,' there is reason to believe that these Easter Eggs are more than just simple extras added for fun...
Forget about that as well as forgetting the TPHD save will work with ZU. Silly me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still don't like the "three pronged" timeline thing.

A) Because it becomes a world line theory because of the inherent contradiction of OoT not being completed to be the Downfall timeline and be beaten to cause the other two.
B) Only in two games has Ganondorf been killed.
C) Only in two games has Ganon been killed using the Silver Arrows.
D) Only in two games (treating the Oracle games as one, linked story) is Ganon attempted ressurection by his own minions.
Speaking of timelines, I do kind of wonder if Star Fox Zero is an alternate timeline title, seeing as it's a reboot to the series.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The difference between the TPHD stuff and the Easter Eggs in other Zelda titles/remakes, is that the Easter Eggs in other games are very tongue in cheek and obviously just random references (though I do believe Majora's Mask being in ALBW was supposed to be a teaser for Majora's Mask 3D, even though the two have no story connections).

The stuff in TPHD, is more like subtle texture changes that suddenly resemble something recognisable in Zelda lore. Not something obvious like Majora's Mask either, but a lot of people wouldn't pay mind to the Rauru statue in TPHD because he is far from the most recognisable thing in Zelda, and it's tucked away in such a specific part of the game (one you can't access forever if you are going for 100% completion).

Couple that with Aonuma's comment about how there ARE secrets hidden in TPHD pertaining to Zelda Wii U, and you can't blame people for wanting analyse and find connections. It's fun.
I believe Aonuma has confirmed that Majora's Mask in ALBW was just a hint towards Majora's Mask 3D being in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom