• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'll just say this from my experience of watching FiM, Discord is the best villain of all time.
He's pretty funny and insane, but, I will always go with Nightmare Moon...just because she was the reason I got into watching FiM in the first place. Many will say that Chrysalis is better than her as well, but I disagree.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
but do you mind telling us what exactly it is that has you so down?
I keep screwing up in life...

Lots of little mistakes don't get me down sure but...

I failed a big thing.

I didn't make it into the liscensure program at my school. Meaning I just cost my family more money than we have...

Some of it was entirely my fault but some of it wasn't...

People keep asking me if I made it because they did.

I have to keep telling them no...

It hurts and my only hope of graduating on time is transferring schools.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I just read the top 20 handsome Pokemon list, and I'm really surprised Gallade, Bisharp, Blaziken, or Greninja are not on that list.

I understand people have different tastes, but I guess those are the Pokemon that come to mind when I think "handsome."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I keep screwing up in life...

Lots of little mistakes don't get me down sure but...

I failed a big thing.

I didn't make it into the liscensure program at my school. Meaning I just cost my family more money than we have...

Some of it was entirely my fault but some of it wasn't...

People keep asking me if I made it because they did.

I have to keep telling them no...

It hurts and my only hope of graduating on time is transferring schools.
Well, I say don't give up until your brain stops thinking. And I know this is coming from someone who's been depressed a lot. But I learned something valuable from the terrible thing that happened to me awhile ago, no matter how hard things are, no matter how hard you fail, you must keep going. You never know how things can change and get better again.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
-Winston Churchill.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Guys... I'm really down.

Would you mind saying some of my positive qualities?
From what I've seen from you so far,you're a cool guy,cool minded,and likes Venusaur,a cool Pokemon.
LIKES VENUSAUR! WHATS NOT TO LOVE ABOUT THAT!?

Just keep your head up,and don't let whatever's happening keep you down.
Hope you feel better good sir.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
On another note.

Me and some friends were gonna play Team Fortress 2 Mann Up mode.

@KingofPhantoms will be there.

Anyone else wanna join?

D

Deleted member

On another note.

Me and some friends were gonna play Team Fortress 2 Mann Up mode.

@KingofPhantoms will be there.

Anyone else wanna join?
I would, but my laptop doesn't allow the mouse to move around while holding a key. :/ It makes it impossible to play FPSs efficiently. And as a result, I haven't downloaded TF2 on this device.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Just want to throw a supporting word of advice to good ol' Swamp - one of the leading members of the Smash 4 speculation era and one of the most level headed and positive throughout the crazy roller coaster ride, and one of the most social and active members, not just as a mod, but a fellow Smasher - Whenever you feel down, take a step back from it all and take a moment to de-stress yourself. It can be a walk or a talk, or by spending time with your hands on a book or controller. Always remember to have fun in life whenever possible.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
*Lugia is #2*

They have good taste.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/334431353
Awwww needed good ole bad leaks,you've been slipping @zoroark25
The hedgehog bit really damages this as mentioned before, it is true that we have had repeating animals such as the turtle with Squirtle and Turtwig, but they were also of separate types and had a number of generations between them. I can't see them repeat doing a hedgehog so soon after Chespin, especially when it shares a typing with it. As for the rest, I'm not really feeling the Water/Fairy dolphin, mostly because you can do a lot more with a dolphin then just make it another generically cute creature (especially since Dolphins can be quite cruel if you look deeper into their actions).

I believe when the Witch map comes out, there will be Witches that drop scrolls for Witch skills like with the Vanguard map where there are enemies that drop scrolls for the Vanguard skills. Or at least I heard that Warp can be gotten as a skill scroll, meaning Warp is not Female-exclusive.
For the class...yeah, sort of cheap for the DLC classes to be gender-exclusive, especially after all the classes, Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon became available for both genders. I especially feel it's cheap to make Grandmaster Male-exclusive despite there being the Female outfit in Awakening and it being very similar to the Male outfit design-wise. Also, I feel that the Great Lord could've used Chrom's outfit for a Male Great Lord to parallel Lucina's outfit for the female Great Lords, especially when Chrom is in the game.
Yeah, Warp is one of the skills that gets dropped in the map, so at least Male characters get access to one of the class' best skills unlike what happened with Awakening's Galeforce.

Still a shame that they can't use the class though, it really doesn't make sense that they brought back the gender-locked mechanic when Fates as a whole did away with it and allowed anyone to be any class as long as it fit.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You know I'm actually sort of glad they didn't get the original voice actresses for the girls.
I.. Uh...

Was it a reboot or a parody, again?

Guys... I'm really down.

Would you mind saying some of my positive qualities?
My favourite person on the site here. :D

Cheer up, man. You are a cool and fun person to have around. :)

:231:

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Venom is one of the most popular villains Marvel has to offer. Problem is how Venom is the kind of villain that needs build up, and lots of it. Maybe have Eddie Brock appear and have him and Peter fighting before doing the Black Suit stuff? Also I only found a source on cancelled Venom movies
I just googled "Venom movie" and found tons of sites that reported on it back in March, but ok.

Here is one source. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-spinoff-venom-revived-872844

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Humans are considered "Granivores"

"Granivores" is a fancy word meaning "Seed Predator" because grains and seeds make up 2/3 of the average humans diet

Humans are such badasses hunting down those seeds

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You know, I was thinking about the Emoji movie... and there is a fundamental problem with the premise.

They said that it takes place in an "Emoji valley" where the various emojis are characters.

But, an emoji represents only one emotion. If each emoji is a character, and then character shows another emotion, it is by definition not that emoji any more. So does it mean the happy emoji is always happy? In any and every circumstance?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Looking at Pokken, I really wish they had every type represented through playable characters. They were so close! Normal, Rock, and Bug are the only types that were left out.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, I was thinking about the Emoji movie... and there is a fundamental problem with the premise.

They said that it takes place in an "Emoji valley" where the various emojis are characters.

But, an emoji represents only one emotion. If each emoji is a character, and then character shows another emotion, it is by definition not that emoji any more. So does it mean the happy emoji is always happy? In any and every circumstance?

Smurfs represent one dimensional ideas like that

Jokey Smurf, Brainy Smurf, etc

They make it work

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Smurfs represent one dimensional ideas like that

Jokey Smurf, Brainy Smurf, etc

They make it work
See, the difference is Smurfs are humaoid creatures, and it is quite normal for a creature to display emotions other than the main trait. It doesn't take away from the character itself. It's not really strange for a normally happy person to become sad when something bad happens.

Emojis... are emotions themselves. If an happy emoji [:)] has something bad happen to it, and becomes sad [:(], it's not a happy emoji any more. So...if an emoji shows a different emotion than the one it is, it is not the same character any more, which kind of defeats the purpose of having emojis as characters.

...This is sounding increasingly meta.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
See, the difference is Smurfs are humaoid creatures, and it is quite normal for a creature to display emotions other than the main trait. It doesn't take away from the character itself. It's not really strange for a normally happy person to become sad when something bad happens.

Emojis... are emotions themselves. If an happy emoji [:)] has something bad happen to it, and becomes sad [:(], it's not a happy emoji any more. So...if an emoji shows a different emotion than the one it is, it is not the same character any more, which kind of defeats the purpose of having emojis as characters.

...This is sounding increasingly meta.

How does one become a "Poop" emoji?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Inside Out did it pretty well, where the characters actually were emotions.

I guess they can be that emotion on a scale. When the happy emoji is sad it's represented as barely happy, but still able to see the bright side of things.

D

Deleted member

Are we really having a serious discussion about the emoji movie?
You guys keep surprising me every day...
I think you have it better than me. During times when my hair is longer, people say I look alot like movie Thor, yet when I answer people on a telephone, they mistake me for my mother.

*sees Suicune, Arcanine and Scyther in Top 10* NIC....... *sees Scizor as Number 11 and sees no Tyranitar or Ho-Oh* ................:glare:.....

I believe when the Witch map comes out, there will be Witches that drop scrolls for Witch skills like with the Vanguard map where there are enemies that drop scrolls for the Vanguard skills. Or at least I heard that Warp can be gotten as a skill scroll, meaning Warp is not Female-exclusive.
For the class...yeah, sort of cheap for the DLC classes to be gender-exclusive, especially after all the classes, Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon became available for both genders. I especially feel it's cheap to make Grandmaster Male-exclusive despite there being the Female outfit in Awakening and it being very similar to the Male outfit design-wise. Also, I feel that the Great Lord could've used Chrom's outfit for a Male Great Lord to parallel Lucina's outfit for the female Great Lords, especially when Chrom is in the game.
I'm more interested by the design rather than the skills tbh
Though I guess the scrolls could make up for it since I can't grind in Conquest(but lol, I can't buy thhe DLC)
I wonder if reclassing Azura to a Witch to get Warp would be a good idea

As for Great Lords, I don't see much of a problem when Lodestar exists, at least there's a clear counterpart, though I don't think you can obtain the other class' skills
Even then, there's a weird disproportion on gender exclusive classes
Males get Lodestar, Vanguard, Grandmaster and Ballistician
Females get Great Lord and Witch

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I haven't watched a single second of that Powerpuff Girls reboot.

And by judging everyone's feelings towards it, it's better if I keep it that way.
A lot of what the CN airs is just garbage for my tastes. I only really watch Pokemon, and that's pretty much it.

Similarly, the only show that I really watch on Nick is the Ninja Turtles. Of course, Nicktoons is now airing Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, which I've been watching as well. As for Winx Club, which airs on Nick Jr., its 7th season is all done, so that's one less show for me to keep up to date, at least for now.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
You know I'm actually sort of glad they didn't get the original voice actresses for the girls.
Why won't someone end my life

I wanna die

Really bad

okay but seriously why? there's using plots to try to pander for a demographic (the transgender pony), but using jokes that at this point would get some normie laughed off of a website, that's real low.

at least when some other shows use soon-to-be dated meme references, they try to use things that haven't ran out of juice yet. rage faces pretty much went out of style sometime in late 2012-2013.

seriously, this show made me appreciate Titans better, because at least Titans can be pretty amusing if they hit the notes right.

finally, that isn't the "no me gusta" face at all. it's just the "NO." face. "no me gusta" looks more like this:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A show shouldn't rely on using dated memes, especially if they don't put a new spin on them or anything.

It should make memes.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Western Animation is dead.

Well it died in 2012 when Young Justice got cancelled and the corpse has been even worst since GF finished. Just end my life, sempai.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, I just beat Conquest Chapter 24 on Hard
Bless the RNG because Charlotte got a crit with the Great Club with a 40% hit rate
The entire map rested on that attack because next turn Hinoka would definitely kill someone and there was a bunch of fliers in range of my weaker units
Why did I never use Berserkers before? They're the ultimate RNG users
Also, Xander is a Lodestar now
Also also, Warp saves lifes

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Shame PPG is garbage. CN was doing great with shows like steven universe,Amazing World Of Gumball(underrated gem on the internet),Regular show,which while overstayed its welcome is good,same for adventure time(which really overstayed its welcome),Clarence,We bare bears,and dispite apperance Be Cool,Scooby-Doo is amazing.Its just the reboots/spin-offs(nice pick up falkoopa) that suck TTG,PPG

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I liked TTG to be honest. I don't know if it advertised itself as a reboot, but it doesn't seem to take itself seriously, which I think is fine considering the silly artstyle and mindless plots of the show.

It's less of a sequel/reboot and more of a spin-off, imo, even if the events are supposedly canon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The art style for "Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!" makes me think of "Family Guy", and that just doesn't feel right to me at all. But I guess whenever I look at most of CN's TV shows, the materials that they contain just feel like garbage to me, regardless of their reception.

Ironically, I still watch Pokemon and its newer movies, regardless of the negative reception that they may receive.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Sonic Boom's extremely mediocre. All of the jokes are only okay, and the plots, they're sometimes interesting. The episodes have good chances of being mainly boring, and not worth watching. Sonic Boom does deserve credit, though, for not being as displeasing as it could get.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The Emoji movie's premise is literally Wreck it Ralph.

Just sayin.

D

Deleted member

Do you guys really want to see terrible animation?
You guys don't have to understand the dialouge why the movie is so terrible, just look a the animation.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Boom's extremely mediocre. All of the jokes are only okay, and the plots, they're sometimes interesting. The episodes have good chances of being mainly boring, and not worth watching. Sonic Boom does deserve credit, though, for not being as displeasing as it could get.
I didn't think it was mediocre at all.

It has a few off episodes and things that could have been done a bit better, and I would like certain things to be expanded upon, but I can say that about pretty much any show. Plus it's getting a Season 2 so it's likely they will work on stuff that didn't work in that. In fact, they already hinted towards that in what was literally the final joke of the first season.

It's a Saturday morning comedy cartoon. I watched it while eating breakfast (or some other food if I couldn't catch it in the morning), whenever a new episode aired, and it usually got a good number of laughs out of me with each episode, with some of them being particularly great. Didn't expect anything more or less out of it.

There's no point expecting some grand plotlines or anything, since they said right out of the gate that the tone of the show was more gonna be "Sonic and co's everyday, casual life, with Eggman sometimes getting in the way, causing an action scene", than "Sonic and co. must stop the evil forces of evil that threaten the world in an epic quest".

A lot of people seem bothered by stuff like Knuckles being a doofus in it, but I don't see why. Sonic Boom is explicitly billed as being for younger audiences, and as an alternate universe with no connection to the core series aside from the characters being the same basic, surface level idea (Sonic is fast, Knuckles is strong, Tails is a genius, etc). And frankly, I don't think there was any other way for him to be implemented into such a comedy focused series (at least if you want to keep it kid friendly), and his jokes ended up being a lot of the best ones.

I won't say Sonic Boom is the best thing ever, but I wouldn't say it's mediocre either. It's definitely a quality show and it has a lot to like. I hope Season 2 gets more ambitious though. Lack of ambition is it's main problem, as it really feels like they were playing it safe. For Season 2, they should add more characters (I really want Big to show up now), more locations, and a willingness to have some two or three-parters here and there (as there were a few episodes from Season 1 that I thought had really nice plot ideas, including the episode I linked above, but they weren't given enough time to really develop them with 1 episode, and some endings to some episodes feel incredibly rushed, even unresolved in some cases).

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgl1oSqj3QU

Not gonna lie, i'm not really all that excited for the NX with all this rumored information. With the way things are shaping, I could really go without the NX for a lot of years or maybe even not buy an NX outright and save some money for the new "PS4.5". A lot of the NX games I can get on the Wii U like Zelda and third party titles I can get on the PS4 so the NX has done nothing to entice me to want to buy the console.

The only thing that can entice me to buy the console is Smash NX with like 7-10 Ballot characters added in and that's not going to happen given all the indications.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgl1oSqj3QU

Not gonna lie, i'm not really all that excited for the NX with all this rumored information. With the way things are shaping, I could really go without the NX for a lot of years or maybe even not buy an NX outright and save some money for the new "PS4.5". A lot of the NX games I can get on the Wii U like Zelda and third party titles I can get on the PS4 so the NX has done nothing to entice me to want to buy the console.

The only thing that can entice me to buy the console is Smash NX with like 7-10 Ballot characters added in and that's not going to happen given all the indications.
Why would you make a decision on a console that hasn't been officially unveiled yet, based on it's rumours alone?

There's no way the rumours cover everything, even if they are true.

---------------

Also this is very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom