• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Charizard and Lucario didn't do too shabby either, seing as they're 3rd and 4th, respectively.

If anyone is wondering who got second, it's Lugia.

"Having trouble with the ladies? No problem! Just dress up like me and they'll come hollerin' to ya...unless Mewtwo and Lugia are there too, but that'll never happen, because they're legendaries!"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Like I said earlier, you misunderstood me. I don't want GG or Venom to be the villain of the first movie. I just want them to appear in the MCU, and I have doubts that they will.
Venom is one of the most popular villains Marvel has to offer. Problem is how Venom is the kind of villain that needs build up, and lots of it. Maybe have Eddie Brock appear and have him and Peter fighting before doing the Black Suit stuff? Also I only found a source on cancelled Venom movies

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I don't care what color my chocolate is. I just want it to be crunchy.

That Gamestop information was posted yesterday, I should have posted it before going to bed :X. You guys should follow the NeoGaf auto poster on Twitter (I rtd it if you can't find it) as it'll tell you when new threads are made. Some are gold!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't care what color my chocolate is. I just want it to be crunchy.

That Gamestop information was posted yesterday, I should have posted it before going to bed :X. You guys should follow the NeoGaf auto poster on Twitter (I rtd it if you can't find it) as it'll tell you when new threads are made. Some are gold!
Are you talking about the 10K guy? :0

D

Deleted member

Wha? I just found out there are some OPM OVAs
How did I not know about this?

D

Deleted member

Yep. If I recall its some backstory on how he got his suit.

he has a Needwagon for Speedwagon.
its only natural.
That's the first one
There are seven and the last one is set to release next month
Though besides the first, all of them are only 12 minutes

D

Deleted member

I'm so ignorant in anime that I forgot that OPM stood for One Punch Man. :p Like, I seriously had to look that up.... :upsidedown:

D

Deleted member

I'm so ignorant in anime that I forgot that OPM stood for One Punch Man. :p Like, I seriously had to look that up.... :upsidedown:
I don't know why they decided to take Caillou and turn him into a superhero, but that's a story for another day.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

"Having trouble with the ladies? No problem! Just dress up like me and they'll come hollerin' to ya...unless Mewtwo and Lugia are there too, but that'll never happen, because they're legendaries!"
Optimistic Charizard is the best Charizard.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sure thing Pissephant, sure thing. :troll:

I thought you were more of a Roughraff or Dulluma fan.
I like those Yo-Kai too, but they were sacrificed to create two fusions in my collection (Darumacho and Baddinyan).

Fidgephant became my favorite later on after befriending one of them in the later levels. He's got good defense and his inspiriting comes in handy for ruining the bladders of his enemies. And partially because of my huge elephant bias. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lost Reavers is proving to be pretty promising.

It's still buggy in the beta and I hope they fix that, but the game has a lot of promise.

Add some more content and fix the bugs and what not, and I think the Wii U would have an F2P gem on it's hands.

I've been having fun so far at least.

D

Deleted member

I just got flashbacks to the Smash Direct back in April 2014. (maybe beacuse of the Optimistic Charizard image that was posted recently)

To this day, i still remember all that hype, i remember the day it was announced (April 4th of 2014), and how i had to wait an entire weekend to see that Smash Direct. It was like Majora's Mask, except instead of a Moon, it was a Smash Direct, and instead of fear, it was hype.

It was the first of many Nintendo Directs that had news about nothing, but Smash Bros. That idea alone made me excited, and i wasn't the only one.

I remember seeing Yoshi at long last in Smash 4, i remember Sakurai pretty much taking everyone by suprise by saying that Zero Suit Samus wasn't gonna come back.........only to reveal her a few seconds after. I remember seeing the Balloon Fight stage, a favorite choice of mine when it came to Stage ideas for Smash 4.......

......and i also remember the great Assist Trophy Massacre of 2014, the reveal of Charizard and Shiek (and the already mentioned ZSS) as separate characters (and while i love these characters, their announcements as solo fighters pretty much confirmed the death of the Transformation mechanic, which killed my hope of seeing the Pokémon Trainer, Ivysaur and Squirtle coming back)........and worst of all, i actually was one of those people that thought that the shadowy creature in the final trailer was Mewtwo..........only to be revealed that it was Greninja right after. That last one actually deflated some of my hype (mostly because i had no idea who the heck Greninja was a the tie of his reveal, even though he is basically one of my favorite characters in Smash now, so it's all good now)

.....aaaaand of course there's that one moment that im not going to mention since it will create nothing but pure chaos.

Still, that Direct is something that i will remember for a long time, and of good reason too.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

GUYS I GOT A NEW LEAK ABOUT LUIGI'S MANSION 3 ON THE NX.

THE GAME WILL START A FEMALE LUI-oh wait that was the new Ghostbusters movie, i got them confused, carry on.

Burruni

Smash Hero
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/334431353
Awwww needed good ole bad leaks,you've been slipping Z25 Z25
">Pokemon Sun and Moon

The NX being a hybrid kinda leads to a certain handheld game i wanna touch on Of course Sun and Moon had to be there.Not gonna talk much on it,as i didnt get much info on it.What i do know is the types the starters are

Fire/Posion:Lizard
Water/Fairy:Dolphin
Grass/Ground: Hedgehog"
Man.
If you wanted to cross a line.
This'd be it.
Ya dun goofed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
">Pokemon Sun and Moon

The NX being a hybrid kinda leads to a certain handheld game i wanna touch on Of course Sun and Moon had to be there.Not gonna talk much on it,as i didnt get much info on it.What i do know is the types the starters are

Man.
This'd be it.
Ya dun goofed.
>

Although on a slightly less obvious note, I have my doubts that they would opt for a dolphin starter despite the popularity of dolphins as a Pokemon species request, as dolphins lack one thing that all but one starter has naturally and the odd one out managed to improv on due to not having anything in the way (and dolphins do).

Legs.

D

Deleted member

">Pokemon Sun and Moon

Man.
This'd be it.
Ya dun goofed.
>Dolphin Pokemon
OMG IMAGINE HOW CUTE IT WOULD B--
>Water/Fairy
>Fairy
Please be fake

Burruni

Smash Hero
In my opinion, splitting Pokemon Sun & Moon across 3DS and NX is just... really dumb.

I'll try to keep the logic train simplified.

With a "home" and "handheld" version of the same game: IE Smash, NORMALLY one comes out with a significant time gap after the other and comes with higher graphics and more content than the other (a bit inverted with Hyrule Warriors Legends) Edit: Even to an extent, this is what the Pokemon Stadium games were. A means to play through the bigger parts of the main game with better graphics and all the bells and whistles in it.

Then you have the "betwixt generations" ports. Things like Twilight Princess where a game comes out on the crux of a generational overlap of the same console type and it gets two versions. Hell, Pokemon did this with the first two games of Mystery Dungeon: One was on the GBA and the other on the DS.

But... the NX from what we hypothosize of it just doesn't really meet these conditions.

You can't really have a "port" of a Pokemon game with more content and as far as we know the 3DS is still getting supported on past the NX launch so they aren't of the same idea of "market" in Nintendo's eyes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom