• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Plus, don't all the starters have a trend amongst them? I thought it went:

Grass Starters are based off dinosaurs
Fire Starters are based off the Chinese Zodiac
Water Starters are based off semi-aquatic animals

Burruni

Smash Hero

Grass Starters are prehistoric animals* because Chespin kinda needed rewarding on it.

But yes.
The closest things to "lizard" for the zodiac are Dragon :006: taken and Snake/Serpent which I feel would've been clear enough differentation.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know why they decided to take Caillou and turn him into a superhero, but that's a story for another day.
You just reminded me of this:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/334431353
Awwww needed good ole bad leaks,you've been slipping Z25 Z25
Haha, haven't been on 4chan VG in awhile. I mainly check the Pokémon Boards. Good find though, and it does have pokemon... I've also been working on an essay for school, so I haven't been on it the past 2 days.

However, I'm calling fake for two reasons:

Pikmin 4: Not coming out in 2015. Oh wow, I though Miyamoto mastered time travel and was going to take us back in time to play this game! But Early 2016. I could see that though, makes a good launch title.

Sun And Moon: Really doubt it's going to be on the NX.

Starter's sound cool, but to fan game like. Plus if we got a dolphin, water and psychic makes more sense, although water and fairy is a type combo we should have.

Anyway, just in case, I'll jot down the details:

Some People call me Star-Lord....No im serious people call me that....Anywho my names not important,But the info i do have is groundbreaking.I got some info on the hottest console hitting the market this year that i need to share to the internet.Why im i telling 4chan?Will because is for **** and NeoGaf still wont accept my registration.Anywho on to the leaks.....Before i get started the name of the console is not the nintendo NX its the Nintendo NeXt

>Games

>Ports

>Super Mario Maker NX

Just gonna go through these fast since you already know there coming.Yes mario maker is coming to NX.And yes it will have some new content to persuade people to buy that version of the game.Such as exclusive level themes(which can be used online by other players on wii u but cant be used in the editor) such as desert,lava, and snow to name a few.As well as a few items such as the ice flower(Shake the fire flower) and the mini mushroom(shake mushroom).

>Smash and Splatoon

Decided to put these together.Splatoon is a straight one to one port of the game with a few stages to make sure people buy it(one based on the mario franchise due to request) and more items.Smash is the same with little single player content being added(except more events and thats because of the DLC characters).Of course their will be 2 new characters Inklings and Ice climbers just to make sure people come over to the NX version

>New Games

>Nintendo World

Its an amiibo focused game,much more like the disney infinity games, than the skylander games.Where you can bulid your own little world using items,locations,enemies,etc from famous nintendo locations.Or go on 3d beat-em up adventures.The game comes bundled with the Mario and Link amiibo and a mario and zelda theme location off the bat.
>>
Star-Lord04/15/16(Fri)21:43:35 No.No.▶
>>334433060 >>334433191 >>334433481 >>334433764 >>334433938 >>334434802
>Pikmin 4

Not coming out 2015 but early 2016,its pikmin 4.Join our new captain Blair as shes forced to go to the home of the pikmin in search of the missing Olimar.In her adventure she'll into many different types of pikmin such as brown(can dig underground),Black(resistant to tar),Green(can survive explosions), and many more.

>Legend Of Zelda: Scroll of ages

Yes i know this can count as a port,but seeing as its not out yet and will be new when the NX drops i put it here.Legend of Zelda:Scroll of Ages, simply put is one of,if the not the most ambitious zelda titles yet.Going for a mixture of the typical zelda formula and some action-adventure were used to in the uncharted games and flipping it on its head. Faster running speed,no-more fix jumps, the hardest puzzles the serious has had since Twlight Princess,and more to explain. For the first time in the serious,you can make link female,which is something talked about doing since the early days.And voice acting with the fantastic Zelda Williams voicing Zelda, and Bob Carter voicing Ganondorf....spoilers.

>Super Mario NeXt

Mario's first 3d adventure on the new system,after wanting to go back to a more traditional 3d mario game.We have the good ole fashioned mission based system which is more similar to Galaxy than 64,with gameplay more similar to 64 than galaxy.The story isnt much very vague and disappointing if you ask me,much like galaxy 2 story is

>Pokemon Sun and Moon

The NX being a hybrid kinda leads to a certain handheld game i wanna touch on Of course Sun and Moon had to be there.Not gonna talk much on it,as i didnt get much info on it.What i do know is the types the starters are

Fire/Posion:Lizard
Water/Fairy:Dolphin
Grass/Ground: Hedgehog
Multiple sources in the gaming industry directly,or have connections.I say i have 9 different sources.Each telling me something different

I wouldn't count these as 100% part of the leak. The OP didn't use a trip code, so it may not be them, but just in case....
Oh and the Next is just bad enough to be true lol

">Pokemon Sun and Moon

The NX being a hybrid kinda leads to a certain handheld game i wanna touch on Of course Sun and Moon had to be there.Not gonna talk much on it,as i didnt get much info on it.What i do know is the types the starters are

Grass/Ground: Hedgehog"
Man.
If you wanted to cross a line.
This'd be it.
Ya dun goofed.
This, although it's in the replies so I wouldn't say it's 100% the leaker. The OP didn't use a trip code, meaning copy cats will likely happen.

Burruni

Smash Hero
You just reminded me of this:

Haha, haven't been on 4chan VG in awhile. I mainly check the Pokémon Boards. Good find though, and it does have pokemon... I've also been working on an essay for school, so I haven't been on it the past 2 days.

However, I'm calling fake for two reasons:

Pikmin 4: Not coming out in 2015. Oh wow, I though Miyamoto mastered time travel and was going to take us back in time to play this game! But Early 2016. I could see that though, makes a good launch title.

Sun And Moon: Really doubt it's going to be on the NX.

Starter's sound cool, but to fan game like. Plus if we got a dolphin, water and psychic makes more sense, although water and fairy is a type combo we should have.

Anyway, just in case, I'll jot down the details:

Some People call me Star-Lord....No im serious people call me that....Anywho my names not important,But the info i do have is groundbreaking.I got some info on the hottest console hitting the market this year that i need to share to the internet.Why im i telling 4chan?Will because is for **** and NeoGaf still wont accept my registration.Anywho on to the leaks.....Before i get started the name of the console is not the nintendo NX its the Nintendo NeXt

>Games

>Ports

>Super Mario Maker NX

Just gonna go through these fast since you already know there coming.Yes mario maker is coming to NX.And yes it will have some new content to persuade people to buy that version of the game.Such as exclusive level themes(which can be used online by other players on wii u but cant be used in the editor) such as desert,lava, and snow to name a few.As well as a few items such as the ice flower(Shake the fire flower) and the mini mushroom(shake mushroom).

>Smash and Splatoon

Decided to put these together.Splatoon is a straight one to one port of the game with a few stages to make sure people buy it(one based on the mario franchise due to request) and more items.Smash is the same with little single player content being added(except more events and thats because of the DLC characters).Of course their will be 2 new characters Inklings and Ice climbers just to make sure people come over to the NX version

>New Games

>Nintendo World

Its an amiibo focused game,much more like the disney infinity games, than the skylander games.Where you can bulid your own little world using items,locations,enemies,etc from famous nintendo locations.Or go on 3d beat-em up adventures.The game comes bundled with the Mario and Link amiibo and a mario and zelda theme location off the bat.
>>
Star-Lord04/15/16(Fri)21:43:35 No.No.▶
>>334433060 >>334433191 >>334433481 >>334433764 >>334433938 >>334434802
>Pikmin 4

Not coming out 2015 but early 2016,its pikmin 4.Join our new captain Blair as shes forced to go to the home of the pikmin in search of the missing Olimar.In her adventure she'll into many different types of pikmin such as brown(can dig underground),Black(resistant to tar),Green(can survive explosions), and many more.

>Legend Of Zelda: Scroll of ages

Yes i know this can count as a port,but seeing as its not out yet and will be new when the NX drops i put it here.Legend of Zelda:Scroll of Ages, simply put is one of,if the not the most ambitious zelda titles yet.Going for a mixture of the typical zelda formula and some action-adventure were used to in the uncharted games and flipping it on its head. Faster running speed,no-more fix jumps, the hardest puzzles the serious has had since Twlight Princess,and more to explain. For the first time in the serious,you can make link female,which is something talked about doing since the early days.And voice acting with the fantastic Zelda Williams voicing Zelda, and Bob Carter voicing Ganondorf....spoilers.

>Super Mario NeXt

Mario's first 3d adventure on the new system,after wanting to go back to a more traditional 3d mario game.We have the good ole fashioned mission based system which is more similar to Galaxy than 64,with gameplay more similar to 64 than galaxy.The story isnt much very vague and disappointing if you ask me,much like galaxy 2 story is

>Pokemon Sun and Moon

Grass/Ground: Hedgehog
Multiple sources in the gaming industry directly,or have connections.I say i have 9 different sources.Each telling me something different

I wouldn't count these as 100% part of the leak. The OP didn't use a trip code, so it may not be them, but just in case....
Oh and the Next is just bad enough to be true lol

This, although it's in the replies so I wouldn't say it's 100% the leaker. The OP didn't use a trip code, meaning copy cats will likely happen.
....I don't even know what "Trip code" means tbh.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Grass Starters are prehistoric animals* because Chespin kinda needed rewarding on it.

But yes.
The closest things to "lizard" for the zodiac are Dragon :006: taken and Snake/Serpent which I feel would've been clear enough differentation.
Serperior kinda breaks this trend though, Vine Snakes are neither prehistoric nor extinct...

I'm still sorta hoping for the Tiger-Peacock-Elephant starter trio however...I actually kinda want them to keep it rather basic for the starters and not morph them into anthros like we've had for a while actually...like the way they were in Gen 2 actually...not that I dislike the direction they're going, but I just think it'd be nice to have actual animals again for the starters...

----

Anyways...Only had the opportunity to play Super Metroid just now...My progress...
This is actually one of my favourite overworld themes in the game, I think it'd be cool for this to get a Prime styled remix like Lower Brinstar and Lower Norfair did...Yamamoto plz!

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know I'm actually sort of glad they didn't get the original voice actresses for the girls.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
....I don't even know what "Trip code" means tbh.
On 4chan you can post anonymously or if you want people to know who you are each time you post, you add a trip code to your username. Next to a name will be a string of numbers in dark green.(different from the text). The "leaker" does not use them so it's hard to prove any of his claims after the initial post as anyone could be him then.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Dang, the endings to the Characters at the credits of Fire Emblem Fates and how they describe them make me shed a tear....

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know, I've actually at least one incident with Chocolate believe or not.

Went to the store and bought some Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Got home and proceeded to eat the entire bag. I then looked at the packaging and realized they were Sugar Free. So being curious, I looked on the back to see what ingredients they used. Right by the ingredients was a warning label that said "May cause a laxative effect".

I was then in the bathroom for the rest of the night.

So I guess the moral of the story is don't eat Sugar Free candy unless you want a clean Colon.

kylexv

Smash Master
You know I'm actually sort of glad they didn't get the original voice actresses for the girls.
Dangit Cartoon Network.
The last few years you've put many good cartoons (Adventure Time, Steven Universe, etc.).
And then there's this. This is why I am always wary of reboots of cartoons with no involvement from the original creator.

I absolutely hate when cartoons resort to memes in an attempt to stay relevant. By the time the cartoon is actually aired, the memes are usually outdated or overdone. It killed me inside a little to see the characters I grew up with in The Fairly Odd Parents take duck-lipped selfies. This just kills me even more.

This better not become Teen Titans Go. There's already one too many of those.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't even mind memes in things like cartoons or video games...

Sometimes it can be hilarious.

Just not done like that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Guys... I'm really down.

Would you mind saying some of my positive qualities?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Crickey! The show is so desperate that they needed to squeeze a meme joke in there? This makes me fear a lot for the CG Courage the Cowardly Dog reboot.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I haven't watched a single second of that Powerpuff Girls reboot.

And by judging everyone's feelings towards it, it's better if I keep it that way.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Guys... I'm really down.

You have nothing but positive qualities! Your smart, friendly, and outgoing to everyone here, you don't have any bad qualities.

Why what has you down?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I'll be honest, I'd rather watch THIS over the Powerful Puff Girls reboot any day. I don't even need to watch the video to see how terrible the humor is (especially after watching the first episode).

D

Deleted member

Guys... I'm really down.

Well, for one thing, you're friendly and open to people. That alone makes you a great person, we need as much people like that as possible in this world. Every single one counts. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Guys... I'm really down.

Well you managed to be a mod for a while.

Clearly you're a pretty responsible and composed person if you could do that.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

I'll be honest, I'd rather watch THIS over the Powerful Puff Girls reboot any day. I don't even need to watch the video to see how terrible the humor is (especially after watching the first episode).
Now let me be honest, I'd rather stare at Cheeksqueek's lovely rosy cheeks over watching anything to do with that bloody terrible reboot. :urg:

This is why things are better off staying in the past or else they'll be butchered to suit modern tastes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now let me be honest, I'd rather stare at Cheeksqueek's lovely rosy cheeks over watching anything to do with that bloody terrible reboot. :urg:

This is why things are better off staying in the past or else they'll be butchered to suit modern tastes.
*Cue AndreaAC and Liquid barfing in unison*

I liked how the old PPG used ideas from other sources unlike the new one:

Yeah. At least the South Park joke was funny, if not subtle enough for kids to know about that show.

Meanwhile, we have a 6 year old meme being referenced for cheap lols.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
A friend said I look like a shonen character.

I discovered that's some type of anime thanks to Google.

I still don't know if that's good or bad, so I just said thanks XD
I think you have it better than me. During times when my hair is longer, people say I look alot like movie Thor, yet when I answer people on a telephone, they mistake me for my mother.
*sees Suicune, Arcanine and Scyther in Top 10* NIC....... *sees Scizor as Number 11 and sees no Tyranitar or Ho-Oh* ................:glare:.....
Witch is definitely my favorite new class from Fates
Nice design, cool animations, good stats and fun(and broken) skills
Warp+Sing is broken
Toxic Brew(freezes enemies) will activate as much as Vengeance
Only bad thing about it is that it's female only, I want Witch!Forrest damnit!
I believe when the Witch map comes out, there will be Witches that drop scrolls for Witch skills like with the Vanguard map where there are enemies that drop scrolls for the Vanguard skills. Or at least I heard that Warp can be gotten as a skill scroll, meaning Warp is not Female-exclusive.
For the class...yeah, sort of cheap for the DLC classes to be gender-exclusive, especially after all the classes, Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon became available for both genders. I especially feel it's cheap to make Grandmaster Male-exclusive despite there being the Female outfit in Awakening and it being very similar to the Male outfit design-wise. Also, I feel that the Great Lord could've used Chrom's outfit for a Male Great Lord to parallel Lucina's outfit for the female Great Lords, especially when Chrom is in the game.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

When did they thought that using things like that would actually appeal people? Like the Fairly Oddparents using the "duck face" thing in one of their episodes...it looked rather stupid...and gross, the overexaggerated expression and the "Selfie" just confused me, and now, one of the cartoons that used to be great and part of most people's childhood is going into that same road, and probably its downfall, unless, they forcefully keep airing it despite the hate.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

. . .Unless it was terrible in the first place, in which case it can only go uphill from there.

Friendship is Magic defied the odds pretty hard even if it turned into a bandwagon that understandably drove a lot of people up the wall as a result.

I could go for a Captain N reboot, TBH. It went wrong in so many ways in the first place that even with a bunch of screw-ups it could easily end up better.

D

Deleted member

Guys... I'm really down.

I don't have anything smart to say, but i feel a video could cheer you up:
I don't know if this will work for you, but i wanted to help you somehow.

D

Deleted member

Ugggggh, oh my goodness. Thanks guys, you guys had to talk about Chocolate, now I'm having chocolate Ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate milk, and even just plain chocolate. Man.... Sometimes I wonder how I'm incredibly skinny.

Expect sugar highs. :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
When did they thought that using things like that would actually appeal people? Like the Fairly Oddparents using the "duck face" thing in one of their episodes...it looked rather stupid...and gross, the overexaggerated expression and the "Selfie" just confused me, and now, one of the cartoons that used to be great and part of most people's childhood is going into that same road, and probably its downfall, unless, they forcefully keep airing it despite the hate.
Because anything that is popular (in the case of memes on the Internet) is high quality humor for the cheap laughs. Some good shows that air today like Steven Universe don't even resort to that at all (unless it was a minor cameo like the Sanic action figure) for the sake of being funny. Even Wander of Yonder (another good show that Disney is going axe) didn't resort to ****ty meme jokes at all.

. . .Unless it was terrible in the first place, in which case it can only go uphill from there.

Friendship is Magic defied the odds pretty hard even if it turned into a bandwagon that understandably drove a lot of people up the wall as a result.

I could go for a Captain N reboot, TBH. It went wrong in so many ways in the first place that even with a bunch of screw-ups it could easily end up better.
My Little Pony is a good example. Friendship is Magic easily rekindled my love for them toys after enough badly written movies from the past. Though I can agree the brony explosion annoyed everyone to no end (even Ponification).

Captain N 2 should certainly be a thing in the future. Anime or cartoon, but with no memes or terrible flash animation.

D

Deleted member

Ugggggh, oh my goodness. Thanks guys, you guys had to talk about Chocolate, now I'm having chocolate Ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate milk, and even just plain chocolate. Man.... Sometimes I wonder how I'm incredibly skinny.

Expect sugar highs. :p
Chocolate? Did you say Chocolate?
Yeah i now someone may have made that joke a few pages ago but i don't care.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Because anything that is popular (in the case of memes on the Internet) is high quality humor for the cheap laughs. Some good shows that air today like Steven Universe don't even resort to that at all (unless it was a minor cameo like the Sanic action figure) for the sake of being funny. Even Wander of Yonder (another good show that Disney is going axe) didn't resort to ****ty meme jokes at all.

My Little Pony is a good example. Friendship is Magic easily rekindled my love for them toys after enough badly written movies from the past. Though I can agree the brony explosion annoyed everyone to no end (even Ponification).

Captain N 2 should certainly be a thing in the future. Anime or cartoon, but with no memes or terrible flash animation.
At some point, I found these memes annoying, that's maybe one of the reasons I stopped getting into FB because it was filled with them. And I have noticed that, and I mean, if they know that successful cartoons do not use these for their humor, then, why do they put them in anyway? It's just a waste.

Oh, yeah, MLP improved a lot in comparison to their past years. When I was little, I used to like them, but as I grew up, obviously, that wasn't the case anymore, too pink and full of too girly stuff. FiM made a great change on what I thought of it, even if at first I was questioning WHY were ponies everywhere, from youtube to DA, and I was even getting annoyed by it, but, if I hadn't decided to give it a try with the first episode and seen the amazing design of Nightmare Moon, I wouldn't be waiting every saturday to watch a new episode.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Guys... I'm really down.

You're one of the nicest members on the entire site. One of the nicest people I've ever met online, actually.

You're intelligent and rational and can keep a level-head in a heated moment.

I know someone else asked already, but do you mind telling us what exactly it is that has you so down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom