• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh good. A live action video game movie.
Because those always go over so well! Look at Super Mario Bro...
No...
All right, how about Tomb Raide....r....no that was a flop too.

...I remember the Prince of Persia movie not being that bad.
...Oh. It was? Well okay then.
Resident Evil films have been okay to good all things considered.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a woman today come in about a money order to the IRS and she kept asking questions, and I kept replying "You'll have to contact the IRS to find out" not getting that I don't work at the IRS and I have no idea what their policies are.

What she wanted to know is if they accept partial payments because she owned more than $2000 but didn't have it.

After she wasted my time trying to contact the IRS in front of me and junk, I eventually just gave her a money order regardless if they accept partial payments or not

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Some SJW psychopath is trying to create a website that tracks the social media sites of people and create a database of EVERYTHING they post that's offensive. (As determined by her and a group of selected individuals)

It's basically a Doxing site. And she's not against using that power on children.It's a database to prevent certain people from getting jobs and to publically shame people, in other words.

Zoe Quinn and a couple of other people were against the idea, so you KNOW it's bad.

Well, the kickstarter for the project got shut down, but it looks like this was their plan

They are blaming the entire thing on #GamerGate and somehow receiving alternate funding. They PLANNED for it to fail

It's an evil project and SHOULD fail

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
When it comes to video game films...the Tomb Raiders were...ok...
I liked the first Resident Evil because it was basically unrelated to the games with a few elements from the games and ended up being a decent Zombie flick, but then they started forcing video game fan-service in the subsequent films and made Alice unnecessarily OP...

other ones either sucked or I haven't bothered watching them...However Warcraft looks like it'll be half-decent...

As for a possible live action Pokemon film...all I can say is tread carefully...Legendary is a decent studio though, and Warner Bros. of course being one of the biggest film studios out there...Sony?...er...best not...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Some SJW psychopath is trying to create a website that tracks the social media sites of people and create a database of EVERYTHING they post that's offensive. (As determined by her and a group of selected individuals)

It's basically a Doxing site. And she's not against using that power on children.It's a database to prevent certain people from getting jobs and to publically shame people, in other words.

Zoe Quinn and a couple of other people were against the idea, so you KNOW it's bad.

Well, the kickstarter for the project got shut down, but it looks like this was their plan

They are blaming the entire thing on #GamerGate and somehow receiving alternate funding. They PLANNED for it to fail

It's an evil project and SHOULD fail
It just goes to show just how scary being on the Internet has become.
No one is safe anymore. At this point just saying a few wrong words or having an opinion someone else doesn't like is now a justifiable reason for sending out personal information to God knows whoever.

You'd think it's morally wrong or absurd, but it's just become another thing we have to accept happens. And that's a shame really.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just realized how ironic this is now:

I'd still watch it though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I started researching who's in charge of what at Nintendo, and apparently aside from being a ludicrously murky mess, Kimishima apparently did this last year:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Entertainment_Planning_&_Development

Basically the two largest development houses fused, and between them they had their hands in nearly every pie at Nintendo.

I wish I knew what exactly this meant for Nintendo.

*EDIT* Apparently the restructuring also made the hardware and OS/wireless communication/online development houses do their own fusion dance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Platform_Technology_Development

Wonder what's going on in there. . .

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If you thought the Japanese Fatal Frame movie was terrible, then prepare for Hollywood to crush your love of that franchise even more AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27

The best part? The guy behind the Resident Evil films will be directing it. Ouch.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
If you though the Japanese Fatal Frame movie was terrible, then prepare for Hollywood to crush your love of that franchise even more AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27

The best part? The guy behind the Resident Evil films will be directing it. Ouch.
Sigh, I'd rather be flaked out instead of being reminded of that travesty AND Hollywood's evil plan to ruin Fatal Frame for the West.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Seems like every video game is aiming to get a movie now.

Ratchet & Clank
Sly Cooper
Warcraft
Sonic The Hedgehog
Now Pokemon?
What next? Need for Speed?

Oh no! It already happened!

I can only hope Video game movies end up like Comic book movies where they started off ****, and then just blew up with quality.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not really excited for ANY of these video game movies, except maybe the pokemon

Although I would check out the Sonic movie

and if the Warcraft movie is any good, I might check it out

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm not really excited for ANY of these video game movies, except maybe the pokemon

Although I would check out the Sonic movie

and if the Warcraft movie is any good, I might check it out
Considering the Ratchet and Clank Game based on the Movie based on the Game has good reviews I can only imagine the actual movie itself is also good, or at least decent. Live Action I'm sorta interested in, but I'm afraid we may get Sonic 06 Eggman, unless they animate him too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Considering the Ratchet and Clank Game based on the Movie based on the Game has good reviews I can only imagine the actual movie itself is also good, or at least decent. Live Action I'm sorta interested in, but I'm afraid we may get Sonic 06 Eggman, unless they animate him too.
I'd probably be more excited for Ratchet and Clank if I ever played any of the games

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The idea of a Live Action Pokémon Movie scares me; any movie based on anime/video games is doomed from the start.

Sure they have.

One of them almost reached 35%.
Those films are like a guilty pleasure tbh, but only the first 3 are tolerable imo.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The idea of a Live Action Pokémon Movie scares me; any movie based on anime/video games is doomed from the start.

Those films are like a guilty pleasure tbh, but only the first 3 are tolerable imo.
I'm pretty sure video games can work live action, albeit, it depends on what video game it is. I think a Mario movie will be a lot harder to pull off than say, Halo or Uncharted

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK.

Both Retro and Monolith Soft have completely undocumented games that they are simply "making."

Retro in particular has been at it since Tropical Freeze wrapped up, so it's possible whatever they have could be a launch title.

Monolith Soft merely said that they're "always" making games, and since they wrapped up XCX last year it's less likely to see something from them. . .Unless they're pitching in on Zelda NX, as they did help with Skyward Sword. Apparently.

. . .Wikipedia is really terrible about cross-referencing.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Imagine seeing this in 3D when the film comes out.

Instant Nightmare Fuel folks.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
on the subject of pokemon live action....meh i dont really see a problem on a conceptual level

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Imagine seeing this in 3D when the film comes out.

Instant Nightmare Fuel folks.
If he's a live action man with make up, I'm cool with it.

But if he's Uncanny Valley CGI, kill that **** with fire!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dammit all.

Some guy who saw a fan screening of Captain America Civil War spoiled something. I mean, really? They thought what they said was innocuous but then bam. Spoiler.

Some people...ah well, still hyped as hell for it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dammit all.

Some guy who saw a fan screening of Captain America Civil War spoiled something. I mean, really? They thought what they said was innocuous but then bam. Spoiler.

Some people...ah well, still hyped as hell for it.
Do you have the source?, Im immune to spoilers :p

EDIT: Holy Cow, you're not a Яed Tyrant anymore.

This was in my facebook feed...
That's sounds like something taken from an amateur creepypasta lol.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Do you have the source?, Im immune to spoilers :p

EDIT: Holy Cow, you're not a Яed Tyrant anymore.

That's sounds like something taken from an amateur creepypasta lol.
The person got it from the fan screening discussion on r/marvelstudios. I could PM the spoiler if you want. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The person got it from the fan screening discussion on r/marvelstudios. I could PM the spoiler if you want. :p
PM please :p

I have a phrase: "If you know the spoilers of a movie/game and you still feel excited/shocked when seeing it, that means the movie/game is good."

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So, modders finally made Ridley playable in Smash 4.

Well... sorta.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom