• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Chapter15.png
Anything related to it, really
Which is, like, 50% of the rest of the game
Also, the final chapter
I'll admit, the glass ball feels a little like a plot device (And they somehow never mentioned about the ball breaking out of nowhere), and it's confusing how Corrin knew that the Hoshido throne reveals someone's true form. But It's still not that bad (Probably not as good as I sound like it to be). Unless I'm missing something.........

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The thing about posting online on random forums and such with your complaints and feedback is that, representatives from companies DO scour the internet to see how people received products.

For a guaranteed example, I know SEGA employees are on Sonic Retro.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Uprising could easily work with a second analog stick instead of a touchscreen.

Let's take the energy we spend complaining and use it to complain!

Personally I think it's probably better to first see what Nintendo's new approach is actually going to be before complaining about it. Nintendo obviously is in the process of changing, let's see where they go with it before getting all censorious about it. It does sound like they have genuinely taken some of the longtime criticisms to heart, even if its by necessity.

And that's coming from someone who has had more negative things to say about the company than positive things as of late.

He'd actually probably find it funny.

Probably because we'll actually listen and respond to each other.

If you want to go all grassroots about it you're gonna need something on the level of Rainfall to make a difference. And even then it's not always going to work. I mean if you feel like galvanizing people that's fine, but sending in a bunch of disjointed complaints is nothing new to any gaming company. Gamers are not shy when it comes to expressing dissatisfaction online, whether to each other or the company.
The problem is that at some point we cease to be a sounding board and start just throwing the exact same points at each other to a degree where we AREN'T actually listening and responding but merely venting. At that point you may as well throw it at the faceless behemoth because darned if you're actually producing any more input after the first several hundred people kicked the dead horse.

I'm not gonna sass Nintendo about their system before they've put it into my hands or even shown it off like a lot of people seem to be chomping at the bit to do, and this definitely is a situation where there are far less things that should be focused on due to how little we know about their direction, but suggesting a game or suggesting additional ways to use My Nintendo isn't really going to hurt anything because they're either already planning it or could potentially consider the idea.

There's a definite issue with getting a multi-billion dollar company to listen to a small group of people, but if you don't even try then you're still one step further away from ever getting what you want. I'm disheartened easily and tend to fizzle out at the slightest discouragement, so I can't say how long I can keep up a rallying attempt if at all, but at least logically speaking doing something is better than doing nothing at all, especially when doing nothing results in a heck of a lot of aimless complaining that I doubt a large company could ever hope to decipher into whatever meaning the typical salt grain is going for.

*EDIT*

The thing about posting online on random forums and such with your complaints and feedback is that, representatives from companies DO scour the internet to see how people received products.

For a guaranteed example, I know SEGA employees are on Sonic Retro.
SEGA definitely has a presence on their own forums as well. The main issue here is that we have no idea when or even if Nintenjas are present. They keep such a low profile that their existence is a thing of lore and legend. SEGA employees tend to out themselves rather quickly, self-identifying their accounts or making tweets about what they've found and such. Nintenjas tend to be very, very quiet. We have no idea where they're looking, what they're seeing, when they're seeing it.

And seeing as we have the aforementioned problem of >90% of our collective complaints being vague as all hell due to everyone either having the same opinion or assuming everyone else has the same opinion. . .

Really, we can talk here too, but we should try to be less confounding about it in case they really are watching. Assume there are five year olds watching and you have to explain everything to them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

, and it's confusing how Corrin knew that the Hoshido throne reveals someone's true form.
That actually comes up as a Chekov's Gun pre-route split by Mikoto
She mentions it as a way to try to recover Corrin's memories. Also, Azura would probably know about it
The problem is
how they don't show nor tell about it to the siblings when Azura specifficaly mentions that Leo can activate it
Also, inconsistencies when taken other routes into account and how Corrin is more worried about having to fight his Hoshidan siblings than his Nohr siblings

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'll admit, the glass ball feels a little like a plot device (And they somehow never mentioned about the ball breaking out of nowhere), and it's confusing how Corrin knew that the Hoshido throne reveals someone's true form. But It's still not that bad (Probably not as good as I sound like it to be). Unless I'm missing something.........
Doesn't Mikoto hint at it or something during Chapter 5? I mean, she did want Corrin to go onto the throne to see if it would help his memory.
As a person who play Conquest, Conquest has a better story than Birthrights, and Conquest Corrin being better than what people make it out to be. Corrin goes through many hardships in Conquest, and even shows his downsides more heavily there, the Royals (Minus Garon) understand both Hoshido, and themselves already while Hoshido people think that Nohr is nothing but Bad people, and not a single good one.
I guess that's the upside of choosing Hoshido. During the Birthright story, as the story progresses, the Hoshidan royals, most notably Ryoma, see Nohr's problems and some of their people and they start having less drastic views on them.
Heck, compared to Conquest where you have a choice of killing Shura, he always survives in Birthright due to Ryoma.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I may not own a new 3DS, and can't get the SNES VC, yet that doesn't matter one bit to me. I've already got an SNES emulator on my phone that lets me play any game I want, and for free.

The only downside about the app is, I can only play a few times a week.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Doesn't Mikoto hint at it or something during Chapter 5? I mean, she did want Corrin to go onto the throne to see if it would help his memory.

I guess that's the upside of choosing Hoshido. During the Birthright story, as the story progresses, the Hoshidan royals, most notably Ryoma, see Nohr's problems and some of their people and they start having less drastic views on them.
Heck, compared to Conquest where you have a choice of killing Shura, he always survives in Birthright due to Ryoma.
Yes, in Chapter 5 corrin learns about his past and the throne's power.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Z25 Z25 Oh my gosh, your sig. XD

I'm imagining a giant monster that's like that one Spiderman Sandman villain only made of salt picking up Sakurai.

. . .

Now I'm imagining Sakurai in Princess Peach's dress all the while. :joyful:

D

Deleted member

Hmm, Warp...
I wonder how many maps I could cheese with this...
Let's try to take the Great Benny Wall all the way up to Takumi and then warping Felicia+Corrin to him, only problem is Oboro with Luna, otherwise, I think he would be fine with a Beruka Defense Stance, gonna try giving him a Def tonic and food boosts

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 Oh my gosh, your sig. XD

I'm imagining a giant monster that's like that one Spiderman Sandman villain only made of salt picking up Sakurai.

. . .

Now I'm imagining Sakurai in Princess Peach's dress all the while. :joyful:
lol,, I thought it be fun to use in my sig, and that description is amazing lol.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm blue now.
That is my attack. :p

And god that took a while for the title to make sense finally. :laugh:
That just means we can talk about you behind your back now. raccoons>>>opossums

Ah, the request finally processed!

Opossum Opossum nice! And this made me think, what happens when mods step down in one section of the site.. we are down 2 here, and I think only push and frost can mod here. Or can you to @FalKoopa ? Does warchamp or the other admins look for replacements from those who applied, or is it left the way it is, unless further mod increases are thought to be needed?

Was just curious, as I wanted to know how those type of things work.
It mostly depends on the positions they're looking to fill, which I believe is mostly for the Wii U Character Board at the moment. I think we only have 37/58 covered as of late ignoring General mods. If Push/Frost feel they can handle this thread (which to be frank, is 95% of the activity on this board) then they probably aren't looking for anyone. Beyond that I have no idea how well applications are going, as up until that point it was mostly internal recommendations.

Being a mod is literally like applying for and working an actual customer service job. lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That just means we can talk about you behind your back now. raccoons>>>opossums

It mostly depends on the positions they're looking to fill, which I believe is mostly for the Wii U Character Board at the moment. I think we only have 37/58 covered as of late ignoring General mods. If Push/Frost feel they can handle this thread (which to be frank, is 95% of the activity on this board) then they probably aren't looking for anyone. Beyond that I have no idea how well applications are going, as up until that point it was mostly internal recommendations.

Being a mod is literally like applying for and working an actual customer service job. lol
I see! Interesting to know! I can see the character boards being big, they definitely benefit with mods there. And haha, at least it's a unique customer service job. It may be tough, but I'm sure it's also fun at times as well!

Well that's neat to know. Transparency!
raccoons>>>opossums

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well that's neat to know. Transparency!

Yeah the details are neat to know! It's cool how in depth the site's working go with the mods!

And that raccoon comment made me laugh. I also forgot about sly cooper for a minute there lol

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Who else is in the camp that believes Ratchet and Clank would stomp Jak & Daxter in the next Death Battle?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So question of the day...

or

Which should I play first?

I've played both of them before, but haven't completed either of them...I've gotten farther into Super than I did ALttP however...
I've recently played TPHD, but I've also recently played Zero Mission....so I'm fairly fresh off of both Zelda and Metroid...
Though I have played more Zelda than Metroid recently...however there's never too much Zelda, but need more Metroid....
Why am I so damn indecisive? X|

and why doesn't the title say 'A Link to the Swamp' yet?...I am disappoint...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Slight little personal vent I wanted to go on. Nothing too big or that serious, and I don't necessarily want people to read it, I just want to get it off my chest, because it's been gnawing at my brain the past few days.

I got a bit of a bittersweet reveal the other day, the day after my birthday to be exact.

When my brother and I were dropping my best friend home that day, we by chance saw this blonde girl on an exercise walk. It wasn't just any girl though, I know this girl. She's the niece of the guy my mother got married to and now split up from.

After we dropped my friend home, my brother started talking to me a bit about her.

See, she has a sister (will refer to them as "blonde girl", who's the one I saw the other day, and "red-haired girl", for convenience), and my brother basically came out and said the red-haired girl had a huge thing for me when we were friends and still hung out. Not just a cute crush or something, but that she was secretly really in love with me for a while and just never said anything.

This is strange because, while I was good friends with her, and definitely had "moments" with her, I never outright fell for her myself. I honestly got the impression she wasn't even that interested in relationships, especially since she went through some heartbreak. She was a real tomboy, and also was pretty focused on her studies, so I just didn't lookat her as someone who would be interested in a relationship, let alone with me.

Even stranger, is that I know that within the last year or so, my best friend (the one we happened to be dropping home) had told me that the blonde girl confessed to him that SHE was in love with me during the time we knew each other. With her though, I definitely could pick up some of the hints, but didn't really know how to respond at the time, since I wasn't exactly as gung-ho about the idea of dating as most teenagers, so I just sort of didn't make assumptions.

So yeah, basically, there was a time where two very attractive (personality wise and looks wise) sisters, were in love with me, around the same time frame.

You may ask "well why not meet up with them again? They're your good friends, right?". Well, thing is, there is a huge amount of amnosity between their family and mine, on the side of all of the older adults. Their father in particular, did some pretty horrible things to my mother too. Needless to say, to try to hook up with either of them, would be a real life Romeo & Juliet situation. Naturally, I haven't spoken to them in years. I don't have any bad feelings towards them since they weren't involved with anything regarding my mother and their uncle, and I actually miss both of them as friends, but family members on both sides wouldn't take well to it anyway.

And I decided to do a quick Facebook profile check earlier today, and the red-haired girl lives in England right now and is in a relationship anyway. The blonde one is single as far as I can tell, and seems to live in Ireland (I mean I just saw her the other day). I honestly would probably consider meeting up with her and at least trying to become friends again (which would naturally lead to also being able to meet her sister again too, who was also my really good friend), if it weren't for the family feud issues, but unfortunately I can't feel comfortable even doing that because of the family issues.

The real kicker though is that this isn't the first time this has happened - I only ever seem to find out girls are interested in me, years after it's relevant and when I can no longer realistically meet with them for whatever reason. It's such a bitter feeling. It doesn't make me depressed or anything but it stays with you for a little bit, giving you feelings of "what could have been if she had said something or if I could have spent more time with her", and is honestly one of those things I would rather not know.

-------------------

On a less personal note:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
just incase im not the only one hype heres a new yokai watch 3 trailer
Too bad it will take years until the West get that game. This is assuming the 3DS won't be immediately replaced by Nintendo's new hybrid console (the NX) soon.

Yo, Lost Reavers though? So much fun.

Best part is that its nowhere near as choppy as the drect made it out to be :p
And now you've reminded me of exactly what to play before getting my beauty sleep. :laugh:

Glad to hear that there is no choppiness at all and it plays well.

So question of the day...

or

Which should I play first?

I've played both of them before, but haven't completed either of them...I've gotten farther into Super than I did ALttP however...
I've recently played TPHD, but I've also recently played Zero Mission....so I'm fairly fresh off of both Zelda and Metroid...
Though I have played more Zelda than Metroid recently...however there's never too much Zelda, but need more Metroid....
Why am I so damn indecisive? X|

and why doesn't the title say 'A Link to the Swamp' yet?...I am disappoint...
Do I even need to say it?

:samus:

Ivander

Smash Legend
What do you think of the Merchant, Blacksmith and Ballistican classes in Fates?
Merchant - Good HP, STR and LCK growths. Also Profiteer and Spendthrift are great, especially with Midori.
Blacksmith - Basically, a Hero that's better with Axes than Swords. Though Lancebreaker is good. Also, you can make Markiplier Blacksmith jokes with them.

Ballistician - *insert any Tank wrecking havoc scene here* Also, you can make your character look like Jake from FE: Shadow Dragon.

That being said, Stat-wise they are basically a Bow Berserker with the second highest STR in the game, although only a B in Bows rather than an S and their SPD is low. Also, they are a mobile Ballista, meaning they can attack enemies from 3-10 squares away and do AOE damage(although this also hurts your allies if they are in AOE range).
However, unlike regular Ballistas, orbs, and shuriken shooters, the damage they do with their AOE is affected by what weapon the Ballistician is using, meaning using Silver Bows with the AOE will do more damage than using Iron Bows with the AOE. Also, they have a skill that gives them a Skill%chance to use an additional AOE attack at the beginning of the turn without wasting their turn, potentially giving them 2 AOE attacks per turn.
Now, the major downside to the Ballistician is that the AOE attacks cannot kill. So when you whittle them down, you have to move in to finish them. Or you could also have little guys attack the wounded for good EXP. Also, they only have a B in Bows, so they can't use Crescent Bows or Spy Yumi. Also, as I said, their SPD is low and they can get doubled easily, so Wary Fighter is a important skill to have with them.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Too bad it will take years until the West get that game. This is assuming the 3DS won't be immediately replaced by Nintendo's new hybrid console (the NX) soon.

And now you've reminded me of exactly what to play before getting my beauty sleep. :laugh:

Glad to hear that there is no choppiness at all and it plays well.
Actually I take back what I said about the choppiness, it only gets really bad when playing with four people on the Ancient Ruins stage :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Actually I take back what I said about the choppiness, it only gets really bad when playing with four people on the Ancient Ruins stage :p
So the frame rate drops when it comes to multiplayer? Half expected that to be the case.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Remember when people expected KOS-MOS to be in Project Treasure when it was first teased? Good times. :troll:
People seriously expected Harada to put his robot waifu in that game? Them poor souls.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Remember when people expected KOS-MOS to be in Project Treasure when it was first teased? Good times. :troll:
To be fair, they do look similar. Granted, I never really paid attention or cared.

Haven't played reavers yet, I might try it eventually though.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
People seriously expected Harada to put his robot waifu in that game? Them poor souls.

But that's not all, there was speculation at the time that KOS-MOS would be possible for Smash because of this along with her Project x Zone roles. Needless to say, nothing came out of it but a pretty heated RTC day for the blue haired huntress. Maybe one day she can be considered as serious as Heihachi Mishima in the future.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't experience any real choppiness in Lost Reavers yet.

However, I did encounter two bugs.

One of them was that when I got all of the Relics for a particular stage, I went to claim my reward, which was supposed to be a new outfit for Victoria. However, I can't find it anywhere after claiming it.

The other is related to Victoria's aiming in then Free movement mode of control. You have a rough lock-on feature in this mode for shooting enemies in a pinch. However, in the Level 2 Research Facility stages, they introduce running zombies, and for some reason, Victoria will not lock onto them and shoot them, she will always aim elsewhere even if the running zombie is right in front of you. These are the enemies you would need this feature most against, but it just won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom